Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-15-2008, 11:28 AM   #166  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Hi thistoo -- welcome back. Hey I was on the same plateau for like 3 months. Switched up the exercise and it is s l o w l y starting to come off. I found that even though food-wise I wasn't OP as much as I should have been, I kept up w/the exercising and the scale stayed the same.

I'm still where I was last week but I've had some chest-congestion thingy for the past few weeks. Thought I was almost over it but I got a cold from somewhere (ack, I rarely get colds) and I'm still coughing and sounding congested in the chest and can't breath. I'll give it another week and if the chest doesn't clear up then maybe see a doc. I hate this. I gave myself an exercise break Thursday and today. The energy is just not there. Why is it whenever I have a cold and all I want to do is sleep, sleep is elusive? Grrrrr . . . .

Hope everyone is doing well. STAY OP YOU GUYS! Two weeks till gobble day; let's all try for 2 lbs down by then!!

Want to hear something neat? My SIL joined Ancestry.com about a year ago. Found all sorts of interesting things but after finding what she could, stopped (it's like $30/month for memebership). Last week she gets an email from this guy in Ireland . . . check this out. HIS grandfather and my husband's (and SIL's) grandfather were brothers! We have like all these cousins and relatives in Ireland that we never even knew we had! Isn't that cool? Oh to have a mass trip over there w/the family would be too cool for words. Someday, someday . . . . Just thought I'd share.

Last edited by Hat Trick; 11-15-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:11 PM   #167  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

EZ-We don't go out to eat very often. I'm kind of glad. Eating out seems to pose all sorts of dieting dilemmas. We had take out chinese last night, and that was a real treat.

I am happy to report the scale was back down. I was 199.2 this morning. I need to get a little lower before my infamous MID-CYCLE gain. Maybe then I won't go back over 200.

Brit- Hope everything is going okay for your mom.

Hat- Sorry you don't feel well. I'm with ya on the 2 pounds before turkey day. A few more would be nice.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:06 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 138.8/135.4/122

Height: 5'1

I'm with you guys - two pounds by turkey day would be great! This coming Thursday is my birthday and I know we are going out to dinner and there will be a few drinks involved. I will keep doing the shred, c25k and drinking my cyrstal light.
tinamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:00 PM   #169  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI TEAM ~

OK....confession here! I went back to some old ways, before my journey of better choices, this week and it showed on the scale this morning

For the last 16 months I have had sandwiches of turkey pretty much for lunch, along with a can of soup. I have varied my lunches with leftovers, etc but mostly turkey sandwiches. Well last week I went back in time and had salami and longhorn cheese sandwiches. I am not cheap on salami and cheese either!

I also LAY-ZEED out and didn't jump on the treadmill after I got home from work and found Angie already gone with the dogs.

I did get 3 miles in this morning and I did have turkey for lunch....but I had it at our church fall bazaar and it came with instant mashed potatoes, dressing, corn and rolls....and pumpkin/apple/cherry/pecan pie....I skipped all the choices of pie!

I was 175 this morning....ouch! I really need to go the other direction since 175 is my red line!

TINA ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY THURSDAY! I will work with you on 2 pounds right now to get a jump start!

MINDY ~ You may sneak over the 200 line....but you will not stay there!

HAT TRICK ~ My step-daughter has kissed the Blarney Stone.

BRAT ~ Prayers for your mom and your desire to keep the right things going on in your life.

JEANNETTE ~Condolences to your mom. I hope you were able to get back to the gym.

CAT ~Pizza should be against the law for us!

CAROLINE ~ Well hello!

KAT and IRIS ~What up?
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 06:25 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Well it has been a busy weekend for me. My mom is home from the hospital and got home late yesterday afternoon. It is good to have her home but it would have been nice if she could have stayed until Monday due to them having better pain medication for her such as morphine but insurance wouldn't pay for the extra days since she was doing so well of course. We had a long talk yesterday and today about her following doctors orders and she has promised me she will since she has to keep her strength up for chemo and so she doesn't land back in the hospital. She is also not allowed to drive either for 6 to 8 weeks too so that will be something I may be doing to help out with errands on the weekends with her at the very least. So I forsee myself being busy for quite some time especially with finals coming soon. EZMONEY- I really appreciate all the prayers you have been doing. Hubby is cooking up a bunch of food for dinner right now and it will be enough for the next couple of nights as well to help out since I am busy this coming week after work too checking in on mom and doing my own personal errands and appointments. So this week will be better food wise since we won't be eating fast food this week, don't have the money either since that got a bit expensive for us this past week grabbing something on the way to the hospital and etc.

Thistoo- Glad you are back.

Hattrick-Hope you get to feeling better. I have been battling chest congestion myself. I think I caught something in the hospital. But you're doing the right thing taking a bit of a break from working out. Don't want to make yourself sicker. That is very cool about the Ancestry thing. A trip would be so neat too.

Mtiger- Glad to hear you're back down to 199 so quickly. You're my inspiration to get back down to that number. WTG.

I'm with you two for having two pounds off by Turkey day.

Tinamae-I love crystal light. That is what helped me break my coke drinking addiction.

EZMONEY-Get back on the horse. You can do it.

Have a great night everyone.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:59 AM   #171  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Hey this was on the second page-- that won't do!

I'm still coughing and wheezing, especially after exercising. I do not like this, not one little bit. I have a feeling it's one of those things that will just take it's own sweet time leaving. Oh well. I'm still working out just less intensely. Doing ok foodwise. I can't taste a whole lot so maybe that's a good thing.

Um Gary? You've really got to get back on that horsey. No more excuses ya hear? This goes for all of us I guess!

This is a hard time of year with all the foodtivities that go on. I'm still determined to get down these 2 lbs. by gobble day and am digging my heels in to lose another 3 by Christmas. I will not let some pie or stuffing (oh my absolute favorite! ) knock me off track. To be honest, it's not Thanksgiving that gets me -- it's all the leftovers!

Let's just focus on one lb. at a time and say no to the food that is taunting us. It's probably not that good anyway, right?
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:56 PM   #172  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

Height: 5'5"

Alright-- I'm going to crawl out of my cave that I've been living in since my last post!!!
I've been working 7-days a week for the past month, but that's no excuse

So the Bikram yoga was fun... But I don't know if I'll go back. i don't drink enough water to survive!!! It's been a week and I'm STILL dehydrated!!!
I'm up a tidge: 166.2, it was a little touch-and-go for a bit there... I got back up to 168 somehow (lol I know how..I ate too much!!!)

I'm definitely wanting to lose 1 more pound before thanksgiving-- Get into a steady 165
Thanks, everyone, for your updates-- I love reading them (even though I haven't posted much lately!!)
weegreenlassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:02 PM   #173  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

I am down again thank goodness. I thought November was going to be a bust! I have caught another cold most likely from the pool and these sick people who refuse to stay home. I am feeling crappy but I am going to get in some exercise today if it's the last thing I do.

Hoping to meet my goal for Thanksgiving but I will be just as happy if I keep the 182 I saw this morning for the rest of the week and only make it to 180-181 by Thanksgiving. I have learned that my body doesn't always want to lose 2 pounds a week and if I skimp on the exercising it doesn't come off as fast (duh!). So I will be happy to just keep on keeping on and to also kick this cold as soon as humanly possible!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:56 PM   #174  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I was back under 200 today, 199.4. I just keep hoverng over, then under. Time for some more progress in the downward direction.

Gary- Better get back on the turkey diet, and I don't mean with mashed potatoes and gravy, dressing, yams and pie on the side.

Brit- Hope things settle down for you a bit. You've got a lot on your plate. Better make sure it is all low-cal.

Hat- 2 by Thanksgiving, 3 more by X-mas. That is an awesome plan. I'm with ya.

Wee- Oh to see 165. Someday in my lifetime. You go for it.

Cakses- Glad to hear you got some movement from your scale.

Keep on keepin on girls..... Oh and Gary!!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:05 PM   #175  

Hattrick-You're right that just won't do if this thread lands on page 2. I will try to do better about checking in more. Sorry to hear that your illness is grabbing ahold of you and hanging on ya.

Weegreenlassie-Chug that water!

Cakses- Sorry you are sick too. It is that time of year to where people won't stay home if they are sick. Of course it doesn't encourage people to stay home if you don't have sick days available to you like my husband so then when he is sick and stays home he just doesn't get paid period.

Mtiger-I am doing better with the low calorie and weight watcher counting points thing this week since I am at home.

I had a smart ones tv dinner chicken parmesan today for lunch at work and it was much better than I thought it would be. I may start trying out some more of those to help ease some of the responsibilities of me cooking so much since I am just worn out for right now and probably will be very busy until christmas break. I try to not eat those type of things so much because of preservatives and it just doesn't taste like real food but yet it is cheaper and healthier than fast food. I am very tired though. Thursday is a big day for me. I will be substitute teaching for my teacher since she will be absent that day and I am nervous. I had to do that last Friday as well for another teacher and one of her kids was horrible. I guess he thought when the teacher came back that I wouldn't tell her about his atrocious behavior. I am looking forward to also after work that day I am getting some pampering done finally. I have a free facial set up with Clarins that day. So I am looking forward to that and maybe getting some goodies from there.

Anyways you guys have a great night!

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 11-18-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:29 PM   #176  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegreenlassie View Post
So the Bikram yoga was fun... But I don't know if I'll go back. i don't drink enough water to survive!!! It's been a week and I'm STILL dehydrated!!!
I'm up a tidge: 166.2, it was a little touch-and-go for a bit there... I got back up to 168 somehow (lol I know how..I ate too much!!!)
Angie Here-
Gary shared your post - I personally would never do Bikram yoga. I already sweat enough in a regular studio. Why on earth would I put myself in a room heated to 102 degrees??
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:15 PM   #177  
Walking Off The Pounds

Talking Down another 5 !!!

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm down another 5 as of this morning. . making 10 total!!
I'm a happy camper today -Margie
Margie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:29 AM   #178  

Margie B.- Awesome job!

It's 11:25pm and I should be in bed but I can't sleep since Hubby woke me up almost three hours ago cooking and nearly burning chicken and then making cookies grr. Our bedroom door opens right up to the kitchen so it's particularly strong smelling in the bedroom depending on what we are cooking. So I am hungry now and am resisting eating cookies. Plus we have had a bunch of late phone calls from family which is unusual but fortunately nothing is wrong-they just called to talk thinking we would still be up so Hubby kept getting up out of bed and etc to get the phone. We used to be night owls but not anymore due to our work schedules especially me. So I have been passing the time trying to get sleepy again and looking up healthy recipes and getting some ideas on what to eat since I am tired of chicken chicken chicken. I found a ton of recipes for lentils so I think that will be my next adventure making lentil burgers and etc. Anyways bye and have a great day tomorrow everyone!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:47 AM   #179  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

I briefly saw 180.6 this morning then the scale refused to show anything but 181 haha. I'm happy though and my military ball is tomorrow and I am just glad I am over the 185 hump I was stuck at for weeks! I was trying to get under 180 by Thanksgiving, but we'll see. I am just happy to be losing again even if it's just ounces each day. They eventually add up to a pound
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:51 PM   #180  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Angie Here-
Gary shared your post - I personally would never do Bikram yoga. I already sweat enough in a regular studio. Why on earth would I put myself in a room heated to 102 degrees??
Amen to that, Angie!!! I'm glad that I did it, and got to experience the class... But oi, oi-- I think it's a one time thing, for me at least!

I caught a cold from the little girl I nanny I'm downing the cough syrup and cough-drops like there's no tomorrow!!! (well, staying within the medicated dosages, of course ) But I'm SURE it's putting me far over my calorie goals *sigh* oh well-- Eat well until you're well, right? grrr... lol this is the one thing I hate about "dieting"-- you start to worry how many carbs/points/calories (whatever you're counting) there is in the things that are making you feel better!!! So silly...
weegreenlassie is offline   Reply With Quote