Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-08-2008, 03:56 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Well this week has been so-so. I ate out a lot due to work functions and we basically went to some good small family owned places that had no healthy options at all. Over half of the things on the menu were fried or if they weren't fried they were very expensive and beyond what I had budgeted. There wasn't even chicken salad available on the menus to the two places I went to. So I got things that I knew I would like off of the appetizer section which was smaller portions and cheaper and just tried to eat right for breakfast and lunch instead. So I'm not expecting a loss at all this week. I don't know about this coming week either since I will probably be eating hospital cafeteria food for about two days since I will be staying at the hopsital with my mother after she has lung surgery. She is being rushed into surgery Monday so they can biopsy some tumors and finally get a plan of action as to what IV chemo will be the best one for her and the type this one is this time around. I'm nearly out of sick days already as well so if I get sick then I'm going start being docked as well. Nothing I can do but it's very frustrating and stressful for me here right now. I hope to just maintain for the next couple of weeks since I have no idea how much I will be at home and my hubby is not all too good about helping cook which is another source of extreme irritation for me right now. I think when he gets home from work today we are going to have to sit down and have a talk about him helping out more since I can't do it all and be super woman without getting sick. It seems about every 2 to 4 months I have to sit him down and feels like a lecture/ask him about helping me more and I am getting sick of it. The only thing I can be thankful for right now is that we have no children. Sorry this is so negative but I had to get it out somewhere. Have a good weekend guys.

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 11-08-2008 at 04:03 PM.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:00 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 138.8/135.4/122

Height: 5'1

Brat, Sorry to hear about your mom. This week will be very trying - being in and out of the hospital. Try to keep your spirits up. You have a lot going on from being worried about your moms health and you sick days. Just remember we are all here if you need to vent or rant. I completely understand having to "sit hubby down for a talk" I have to do the same thing. I get up at 4:30 M-F and I work 8-5 in a surgeons office. I stand all day running patients and still come home and don't sit down again until probably 7-7:30 some nights. My dh does fix dinner more often than I do. Especially if its my late week.

tina
tinamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #138  

Tinamae-Thank you very much.

I do have some small consolation. I am still at 212.2 and have not gained but maintained which I think is all I can ask for right now for probably the next two weeks since I will probably have to be going to work then from work go straight to where my mom lives which is an hour away from where I work if traffic is okay a couple of nights during the work week to check on her and see if she needs things done like dinner cooked and etc and she's already asked me to spend the weekends at the house with her so the next couple of weekends are shot right now too. It did bring a little smile to my face when I saw 212.2 this morning though.

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 11-09-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #139  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi TEAM ~

Well I am still at 174 but I hit 176 yesterday morning! Quite an increase from the day before, I did have a lot of salty foods with hot dogs, chips and of course that salty beer Had to really check up the last 2 days.

BRAT ~ Continued prayers for your mom and that you take care of yourself as you go through this tough time in your life. Why don't you try getting your husband to cook just one day a week, every week, that you can count on. Maybe he will learn to like ti like I did....after Angie made me start cooking one day a week years ago

J-311 ~Pizza and chips...dang! My same issues! We can get over this!

KAT ~Not sure if Amy's mac and cheese really counts as being

IRIS ~ Keep training for that 5K!

TINA ~ Have you ever "logged" your miles at work? I "travel" on my feet all day too as a construction guy....really helps with my calorie burn!

MINDY and HAT TRICK ~ Hope all is well.

ENNAY ~Thanks for the "fly by"...how are my adopted Grandkids?
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #140  
I refuse to fail

S/C/G: 223.2/217.4/168

Height: 5' 8 1/2"

So, how do I become part of this turkey cushion?

~David~
FromObeseToHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:40 PM   #141  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Well DAVID you just did!

Welcome neighbor...I am down here in north San Diego County

Here is the deal ~ If you do what the TEAM swears by in exercise and eating....calories in need to be less than calories out...I guarantee a 5 pound loss...I do not guarantee when!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #142  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I ate nearly a whole pizza today. However, it was only 1200 calories and I ate throughout the day and it was the only thing I had today besides 2 pieces of cheese and mini skittles and mini airheads (2). Considering I also worked off 95 minutes of calories...I really don't feel guilty about it. I give myself one day where I can eat what I want and today was it. I'm just going to up my water for the week and up my veggies. AND up my fiber. I think tomorrow I'll make some soup for my lunch and have a half of a sammie.
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:16 PM   #143  

Thanks for the support guys.

EZMONEY-I would love it if he just cooked once a week even. Often times it is more WHAT he cooks that is the problem. He loves the cheap mac and cheese you can get at Walmart and spam or cheap ham or hot dogs cut up and mixed in with it uguhh... Or he'll just eat and make sandwich stuff and can come up with some of the grossest food combos which reminds me of my father who is deceased lol :-).I have no problem with him just cooking a lot of meat and a side dish and us just having leftovers and microwaving it since that is what I do myself when I cook on the weekends for us. It's usually Wednesday or Thursday that we start running out of what I cooked on Sunday. Some people are picky about that and having to eat "leftovers" but I'm not.

Keep at it team!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:51 AM   #144  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hey J ~ Don't look to me to get on you about pizza! I can justify it a zillion ways!

BRAT ~OK Dear...listen to me...tell him what night he is going to cook then tell him what he is going to cook...as in chicken-beef-veggies-etc. allow him to make the dish and plan the menu but give him "selected" options. You women are smarter than us...you know how to work it to your advantage! Let him "think" he is in charge!
Old 11-10-2008, 05:19 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 138.8/135.4/122

Height: 5'1

Brat, I think my ex-husband and your husband might be related. Mine wound make the boxed mac n cheese and cut up hotdogs and then....just to make it healthy add a can of peas! He did the same thing with hamburger helper - peas,corn or whatever was available. He called it his special casserole.

EZ, I haven't logged my miles at work in a very long time. I tried to do it about 3 years ago. I think my pedometer stoped working or reset itself in the middle of the day. I will have to give it a try again.

I am at 134.4 this morning. I can't seem to break 133. I keep finding and losing the same two or three pounds. :confused: I was hoping to break 130 by my birthday. I do really good Monday - Thursday. Friday nights we always go to the same local pizza joint for dinner. I think I have figured that one out but Saturday and Sunday something goes a little wrong. :frown:
tinamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #146  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Hey J ~ Don't look to me to get on you about pizza! I can justify it a zillion ways!
LOL I know, right? I still don't feel guilty! I'm a little scared about weighing myself, though...

Cella's home sick today so that means I'll work out at night instead of this morning. I'm hoping for another 90 minutes!
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #147  

EZMONEY-Okay I guess I will have to do that. I was trying to not be bossy but oh well. That's a good idea to give him several options of what he can cook so he thinks he's making all the decisions haha.

Tinamae- I could so see my hubby throwing a can of peas in there if he actually liked peas just to make it "healthy".

Jeannette-Sorry to hear about your daughter being sick, hope she feels better.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #148  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinamae View Post
I did level 2 of the shred yesterday morning. It kicked my butt!!! I was fussing with Jillian 10 minutes into it.
Tina - do you curse Jillian by the 3rd round of cardio in workout 2? I do, every single time. lol She does kick my butt. I'm working up to do workout 3 tomorrow. I know you're suppose to do W/O1 then when you're ready W/O 2, etc but I find that on days when I don't feel liking working out at all, I'll do level 1. When I master level 3 I'll rotate all three workouts because they each work the muscle groups just differently enough that I feel it. Great stuff that Jillian has . . .

The weekend was . . . well just ok. Eating was off-plan but not horrible. We went out to eat at Applebee's Sat. night. I got the WW grilled tilapia -- very, very good. 310 cals. Of course, the corn chips and cheesy salsa dip was probably a bad idea, huh?

I am determined to get two lbs. off by gobble day, I want the scale to read 147 - two weeks and a bit. Gotta remember to just say no to stuff -- boy, that's the hardest thing sometimes.

Brit - to you! Just do what you can foodwise at this stressful time and be with your mom.

Kat - excellent on the two lb loss! Dancin' it off!

Dave -- HI and welcome!!!

Gar -- howdy -- ease off the hot dogs and beer, ya hear?

Hope everyone else is doing well. Just a quick fly by here . . .

Last edited by Hat Trick; 11-10-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #149  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

My internet has been messed up since Thursday. I am quickly posting from school tonight, during conferences. I have done a quick read and tried to get caught up but don't have time for any real conversation. My teeter-totter is on the upside and I am looking to get through TOM so it can swing the other direction. Wish me luck.

Hopefully my internet will be fixed today and I can get back to normal.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:30 PM   #150  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

Height: 5'5"

Aw-- thanks for the support, everyone!

Brat-- My boyfriend tends to cook for me if I'm panicked and in a rush-- He says "Anything! I'll make it, what do you need?" Which is VERY sweet, but that's when I only have time for a clif bar... ah well... we'll get this down one day!

On a separate note, I'm going to try Birkram(sp?) Yoga tonight (hot yoga) I'm VERY excited I live in Seattle, but I'm originally from Atlanta-- so it'll be a little bit of going home (with the heat) and a little bit of getting healthy (with the yoga!)! lol
weegreenlassie is offline   Reply With Quote