Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-16-2008, 04:55 PM   #46  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey All!
I did great yesterday-- Nannied, then lounged around the house for the rest of the night-- (lol! Extremely productive, right?) But I stayed within/under calorie goals, did a lot of soul searching, and am ready to dance and have lentil soup tonight!

It's great to see what everyone else is up to! Inspiring

And about the salt-- I'm a salt FIEND!!! My mini-goal for next week is to watch my sodium intakes and TRY SUPER HARD!!! To stay at or under my sodium goals every day
weegreenlassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:25 PM   #47  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Hey I'm back!!! Just figured out what my stall is...TOM stopped in for a visit today!!! I was frettin' over nothing! So next week I'll probably be back down!! Yey me!!!!! I'm miserable.......BUT I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whew what a relief,I thought I was messed or something....come to end of my rope....anyway I'll go and talk tomorrow.....tomorrow is pamprin,coffee all day a blanket and a heating pad day....LOL
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:08 AM   #48  

Hindsight is 20/20, isn't it? I never recognize pms until after I start. Good to know it's not "real" weight! Now you don't have to worry about it.
And for the salt issue and retaining water...man, that is so true! I crave salty things sometimes, and I really do have to avoid it the evening before I weigh in. Too much salt turns me into a blowfish! Especially during pms.
Yesterday was not the best day for me. I wasn't feeling great and by evening I had a snack attack! I lost my head....I'm not sure how many calories I went over, but I guess I should try to tally the damage. Or maybe I should just keep moving forward and write it off, not sure. But today is a new day. The family is going to a local festival today so there will be plenty of walking for exercise, and luckily I'm not really into fair food so that shouldn't be an issue for me, I hope! Okay, there may be a few goodies that temp me but I'll just have to be strong!
You all have a good day and keep working towards that Christmas goal!
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:02 PM   #49  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Gogirl~ Like you I don't care for festival food either....some of it pretty nasty.... But good luck and be strong!!!
I weighed this morning......197 ...down a lb and since it's Friday 197 is what I'm counting since Fridays are when I way anyway!!! I'll go .I got a lot of tearjerker movies recorded on the DVR i've been watching today,just got through watching A.I. Artificial Intelligence...that was such a good movie..I cried like a baby...anyway I'll go for sure now I'll probably talk Monday before I go to work...I have a couch and chair to tear down and recover....can't wait......................
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 216/214/165 WI day Monday

Height: 5'9"

Ugh! I've identified a weakness! Having my husband home for two days is not good for my diet routine. He tries to help but we had pizza last night. Ugh!

Anyway, I have to make up for some bad eating with some extra walking and sit ups. I'm not giving up. One day doesn't discount a week of good work. So, back on track today and moving forward.
Thinnerinnerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:34 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinnerinnerme View Post
Ugh! I've identified a weakness! Having my husband home for two days is not good for my diet routine. He tries to help but we had pizza last night. Ugh!

Anyway, I have to make up for some bad eating with some extra walking and sit ups. I'm not giving up. One day doesn't discount a week of good work. So, back on track today and moving forward.

Good for you for keepin' on! I think we can all relate to the occasional unplanned indulgence. I hear there are people that stay on plan all the time and never have a slip up/cheat/fall off the wagon/bad day . Personally, I can't imagine having that kind of discipline and self-control. It sure would make weight loss easier! Unfortunetly, I think most of us do have those days. It's keeping that positive attitude that pulls us through.

67 days
Old 10-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #52  
Jig, Don't Jog

I've realized, with pizza-- that Papa Johns (my favorite pizza to order in!) now does side salads-- So I make my way through that first, and I only have a slice or two of cheese pizza after that-- instead of the whole pie... lol
Are you into salads? Would that be an option for you?
Old 10-19-2008, 02:26 PM   #53  

We live in hickville USA. Haha. We don't have any large commercial operations like Papa Johns. However, there is no reason I can't make myself a salad at home so when the pizza arrives I'm ready. That is a great idea.

Another idea I remembered when you said that was what WW called a pizza salad. One member said she takes a single slice and dices is all up and then adds it to her salad. Then, she has her family refill their plates in the kitchen and not at the table. She eats her pizza salad.

I'll remember both of those things next time. My weigh in on here is tomorrow and I'd be happy with even an ounce loss for my first week. I'm going to do some exercise today and drink lots of water!
Old 10-19-2008, 07:36 PM   #54  

I love Papa Johns too! Good thing everyone else in the house prefers another place so I don't get it very often. What is it with pizza? I like the pizza salad idea, I should have tried that tonight. We had pizza too . I tried to keep it under control and I did get a good bit of exercise this weekend so I feel pretty good about that.
Tomorrow I'm looking forward to working off this pizza.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:00 AM   #55  
Jig, Don't Jog

I had pizza tonight.. Papa Murphy's... good--but the cheese got a little.. thick? And then kept sliding off the very.. chewy.. dough. Don't think I'll be eating it again

I also had a pacifica salad kit-- which was MUCH better than that weird pizza.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:57 AM   #56  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

I had a very good weekend. Sat. my weight dropped to 179.8 - it's up a little today but only to 180.0 so I think I am on the right track. On Sat. I got a Wii and a Wii fit so I did exercises on it both Sat. and Sun. Yesterday, I also did the C25K week 1 work-out and this morning I did the 30 Day Shred. As soon as the sun comes up. I will go out and run some more. Feeling pretty confident that I will be able to make this goal. Its funny - my goal for Halloween was 185 and I am well passed that one already.
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #57  

Woohoo, I am down 2.5 for my first week. This is a good start but I have some huge areas I can improve for next week. I'd like to incorporate a lot more exercise such as the elliptical I have all lonely in the garage.

asparagus, I have a Wii Fit too. I had to have it once I read about it and now it's sadly out of sight out of mind. I'm going to whip that bad boy out and get in some more minutes. It's a lot of fun so I'm amazed I haven't used it more.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:29 PM   #58  

asparagus4sale- Wow! Your really moving! I wish I had your energy. You'll hit your goal in no time with all that activity. I've heard great things about the C25K program.

Thinnerinnerme- Way to go on being down 2.5! You must be so excited! I'd love to try the Wii fit. I don't know what all it does but it must be fun.

I've had a decent day. Pretty busy with work (that's a good thing for me, plus it gets me motivated). Stuck to my plan and got my exercise in. Tomorrow is my weigh in day, but it's also TOM, so I'm worried about water puff. I don't feel like I'll be down at all, we'll see. If I feel extra puffy I might wait and weigh on Wed. instead. I really need to be viligant with the calorie counting. It's so easy to let a few extra's slip by, and then before I know it I'm over by 200! Those little nibbles add up fast.

Okay, hang in there team. 65 days to go!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:21 PM   #59  

The Wii Fit is awesome. You can run, play tennis, bowl, do yoga, strength training etc. It monitors your progress and you can set goals. It has a balance board that weighs you and you can measure your "fit age."
Old 10-20-2008, 10:36 PM   #60  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

For those with Wii fit - we should share of Wii age just for fun. My real age is 33 and twice I have been 36 but today I was 37.
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote