3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Stay At Home Mom's #37 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/14458-stay-home-moms-37-a.html)

Lilbitofsunshine 03-23-2002 01:18 PM

Good afternoon! Hope you all are having a great weekend!
Gemini, I'm so sorry about you losing your earring. I'm like you also. I don't own many pieces of nice jewlry. I hope your insurance helps even though it won't bring the sentiment back.
I'm glad my speech worked for you Spryng. It is true, you can do it. That diet sounds very interesting. Keep me informed about it. It just might be something I'm interested in. It all makes sense. Not eating pasta with steak. I hope you stay motivated with it. Sometimes we just need a change to get back on track.
As for me, I'm doing good. I had a little free time this morning and got to get out on the ATV. It was a brisk ride. That always helps me get centered and focused. There is a beautiful view on top of the mountain here. Garrett (my bestfriend and a dog) and I just sat and soaked up the peace. I've made some changes to my diet since I fell off the Adkins. So I'll share. I spoke with a nutritionist about my diet and exercise. She said with my work out I need more protein. So I started a protein shake. Let me tell you all, it was super gross. But I can tell a difference. I have alot more energy and didn't feel like overeating. Anyone who is interested in more info, just let me know! Well, have a great OP day!

spryng 03-23-2002 02:10 PM

I will keep you informed Misty. I haven't started it yet though. But go to epinions.com and check it out. I think you may really like it! What I'm going to do for the next few days is something different. remember that cleansing diet I told you all about that was in that womans day magazine? Well, I'm going to do a little of it. I'm not buying the supplements because I don't have extra money for that right now but I'm going to eat like it says too. I had fruit for breakfast and 3 cups of steamed green beans for lunch and I've downed 6 glasses of water already. I've been visiting the bathroom alot today. :o But I feel good. This may undo some of the damage I've done to myself lately by eating out so much and gaining 2 lbs back. I'm going to try and do this for a week or at least until I get that book but my DH is off tomorrow and it's hard to eat right when he is homw for two days in a row. But I'm going to try. It's low calorie anyway. But by eating fruit and steamed vegtables I'm giving my digestive system some much needed time off. :) I'm planning on some vegtable soup for dinner with lots of vegtables on the side. I haven't felt hungry yet today so something is filling me up. I hope this gives my metabolism a jump start so when I start Fit For Life the lbs will come off easily.
Well, just wanted to check in before my nap. Hope everyone is staying OP today. I'm rooting for ya!! :lol:

Freckles 03-24-2002 02:45 AM

Hi!

I should be sleeping! I actually did go to sleep, but an hour into my sleep, I woke up & couldn't get back to sleep!! It must have been from all the carbs that I ate @ 8:00 tonight. While I was clothes shopping, DH called me on my cell phone & requested that I bring home "Pappa Murphy's Pizza" for dinner. Well, I'm a glutten for punishment & gave in & brought one home! I ended up eating 2 pieces & a little sliver of another. :( I'm sure all the carbs in that pizza is keeping me awake. I'm also down in the dumps due to not finding anything that looked good on me. I had another light bulb moment when I examined the skirt that I just took off that was a little snug on me & I couldn't believe how large the waistband looked! I'm still trying to figure out why I gave in to pizza tonight. :cry: Well, it's over & done now & I'm going to move on & try to have a better OP day on Sunday & the days following. :s: Spryng: If you are getting antsy for the Fit For Life book; see if you can borrow a copy from your local library. I checked out the book, along with the book on tape at my community library last year & I think I'll check out the tape again. I see that you are making good choices already. (Just stay away from the fast food, okay?) The soup sounds delicious! This is one tastey way to eat those veggies. Gemini: Sorry to hear about the loss of your earring. If I lived in your town, I'd help you search for it. Maybe you could check their lost & found or ask the janitor or the clean-up crew if they found it. I'm sure you probably have done this already. Sounds like your dd had a lot of fun at the Sock Hop. Oh!, those good old days when we were not self-consious on the way that we looked when we danced! Good for you on the great workout too! How was your date with your DH? I was supposed to do the same tonite with my DH, unfortunately, plans backfired & had the alternative... PIZZA!! Misty: A mountain view? I'm jealous!! ;) The extra protein in the diet sounds interesting. I'd like more info about it myself. If you'd like, you could send me a private message with the info, okay? I used to be on a Formu-3 plan, lost a lot of weight on the plan & unfortunately, gained it all back, had another baby, gained more weight, quit working, gained some more, etc. Formu-3 had protein packets that you added to juice or milk & they also had some of their own protein bars. I think it was a different type of protein, with amino acids or something. I think Formu-3 went out of business, as I can't find a website for them. Oh!, thanks for the motivational speech you gave a few posts back, it's just what I needed to hear! Ginny: It looks as though your lifestyle is as busy as mine has been lately. I'm trying to increase my vitamin intake to get more energy. :spin: Hope to see you post more sometime soon! Sheila: Sounds like you have your motivation all fired up! Wow! Good for you! My best goes out to you on your attempt to quit smoking, what a challenge in itself! Once the weather warms up, the fresh air should help you along, both with the frustration part & the cleaning out your lungs part with the aerobic workout you will be getting out in the fresh air. Question for you: What the heck is a fluffernutter? I hope you enjoyed every bite of it, whatever it is! And for my favorite snack: Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches & I also like popcorn popped in the microwave. I make my own microwave popcorn bag poppers by dumping unpopped popcorn into a paper bag, close it up & micro for 5-6 min. I don't put any oil in the bag, just the popcorn. I then later squirt on some I can't believe it's not butter spray & also sprinkle a little popcorn salt on it too. Well, it looks as though I have addressed all of you that have posted recently. I'm getting tired now, so I'll close for now & try to get some zzz's. :yawn:

gemini 03-24-2002 09:14 AM

Gee Jackie, you sure were up late! Hope you got in some sleep after all. Don't fret about the pizza... what's done is done. Today is a new day! :D

Spryng, good luck with the new diet! I hope it works for you. It definitely sounds interesting. I actually remember seeing that book floating around my work a few weeks ago. I will ask around and see if there was someone who was trying it out.

Misty, how're your shakes coming? Your description made them sound like something they make those people drink on that show Fear Factor! :p Sounds like you had a great time with the pup, though. I can totally relate... Sadie is my best dog friend and I love sharing outdoor time with just her. :)

Sheila, how's the smoking going? Sending you lots of "quit" vibes!

Date with dh last night was GREAT! :D We went to a Japanese steakhouse where they cook the food in front of you. What a delight! We waited 90 minutes to be seated, but it was well worth it. I splurged with not 1, but 2 pina coladas! :o Oh, but they were so yummy! And I don't feel the slightest bit guilty. I ate very well and sparingly throughout the day so that I could really enjoy myself last night. Soon, I will get on my bike and do my darndest to ward off "pina colada" butt! :lol:

Well, gotta get my butt in gear and get the pork roast in the crockpot for dinner tonight. Busy day today with 4 yr old ds starting hockey this afternoon. What a riot that should be! :lol:

I hope everyone is doing well! Talk soon... :wave:

ECmom 03-24-2002 03:32 PM

Will life ever get simple??????? Will I ever have sanity or even a little piece of it? Ok- back to normal here........thanks for letting me vent.

Jen- so sorry to hear about your earring! I stand with you and Spryng and do not have all that much jewelry. Your insurance should pick it up. Good luck.

Spryng- I have heard of Fit for life- and actually had a book of theirs for a few years. (another ebayer there, eh?) Hope that you won the auction.

A busy weekend this has been. I have not eaten all that well and I got a quick walk in. Gotta go! Maybe I will get on later.
Ginny

Freckles 03-24-2002 10:18 PM

Good Evening!

Ginny: Mine hasn't gotten any easier! ;) Gemini: I didn't go to bed @ 7:00 this a.m.! Somehow the time posted said that! I went to bed around 2:30 a.m. & woke up around 6:30 this morning. Oh, oh! DH needs me to e-mail something for him. I'll try & check back later.

spryng 03-25-2002 01:08 AM

Do I have GREAT news!!

Guess what!! I lost 5 more lbs!! Down to 129!!! Can you believe it???:D I was so excited about it today. I've been gone all day or I would have posted earlier. But 5 entire lbs!! I told you I was combining diets. I haven't got my fit for life book but have been reading tons of info on it lately. It sounds really good. The only thing I did yesterday according to it was eat fruit until noon. I ate peaches. Then for lunch I had a huge bowl of green beans. Then DH came home with Taco Bell for dinner and I thought , uh oh, here goes me blowing my diet. But I calculated the calories and it wouldn't put me over 1100 for the day so I had one burrito supreme and two regular hard tacos. My total cals for yesterday was 1067. and I drank 8 glasses of water and all that. Well I went to the bathroom constantly yesterday. I guess I was retaining a ton of water. But I thought for sure that taco bell food would limit any loss I would get. Well, I got up this morning, emptied my bladder and stepped on the scale and it read 129. So I got off and back on 5 times and it said the same thing everytime! 129!! A five lb loss in 24 hours!! I was so amazed! I read that just eating fruit until noon everyday will make a difference in ones weight loss and boy were they right! Today I ate more calories but still had fruit until noon. I feel really good right now. And so excited. :dizzy: If any of you are in a stall or have excess water to shed try it! It really works!! I am so happy.
Well, enough about that. I just really wanted you guys to know.
But you are right. I need to quit the fast food and soon. Even though it didn't hurt me yesterday I know in the long run it is not good for me. Plus I'm on over drive with it lately. I need to ease up alot. I'll do better tomorrow.
Well, it's after midnight here and we have alot to do tomorrow. Oh, if I don't post for a few days don't worry. Our internet bill is due and my DH doesn't get paid till thursday so it might get turned off for a couple of days until he gets paid. But I will be back. Hopefully I'll be able to post tomorrow. Until then!!!!

gemini 03-25-2002 12:15 PM

Huge congrats to you, Spryng!!!!!! :strong:

Ginny and Jackie... sending you de-stressing vibes! :)

How is everyone else?

I have great news, too, ladies... (although, not weight-related)
I sent a note to school with dd about my lost earring. I just got back this morning from picking up ds at school to find a message on my machine from dd's school... they have my earring!!! :D They will send it home with dd in a sealed envelope. YIPPEEEEE!

Well, oof to get the baby in for a nap, and I'm all geared up for a good workout before lunch. Talk soon... :wave:

sheila061968 03-25-2002 12:31 PM

:wave: hi Everyone :wave:
My weekend went pretty good. I have only done my walking video twice since Friday though.. That one is intense and I guess I need to get my body adjusted to the new way of working it.. I am talking the outside muscle on my legs ache big time as well as the under muscle of the upper arms ( I didnt know there was a real muscle there. :lol: )
I am a bit leery of the Pilates Video since I have a spare tire I want to get rid of before I can keep pace of the tape..But I will do it ( I havent even watched it yet) I think thats what I will do after I am done on the computer..
I went shopping last night and I think I made good food buys.. I bought bananas and apples and oranges rice cakes and bagels and even bought some WW soda ( chocolate fudge and root beer , Both are sugar and calorie free) and I bought some pop corn kernals that I have to pop in a pan (Not the microwave kind) That way I can put my own salt or butter if I want ( although I wont used either) I have tuna and light mayo and a few other things I cant think of right now.. Oh yes, cant forget the salad fixings.. and light itlaian dressing..I THINK I did pretty good.
I decided to just blow off my daughters remarks..She has been "kinda" edging on my wrong side lately.. In fact when I told her I was gonna quit smoking she had some wisegal remark like " What attempt is this?? Why bother afterall you will just fail again.. So I have decided I wanna make her eat those words Let her find out her remarks wont get to me.. (Although I feel kinda weird if I get caught working out to my tape in front of my DH.. ) This morning I started my workout and got to the .50 mile point when he came home I hurriedly shut off the tape so he wouldnt see me.. I have yet to be able to keep up with the pace of the instructor . But I am trying as hard as I can.. PLus I cant do the weights as long as the tape can (they use 2 pounds I use 3 pound weight)
Anyway Hope your day is going well I am still having this feeling I need to step on the scale no matter that I promised myself that I would weigh in once a week.. It is hard the temptation is there and I know that if I did lose any weight it would all be the water retention from dealing with my TOM..

Gemini: Thats great that they found your earing!!!!!

Spryng: Congrats on the 5 pound loss!!!! But are you "peached" out by now?? I think I am on a good track but we will see on friday when I weigh myself.. I too go to different spots of my house just to make sure the reading is accurate..

Well HAve a great day I will check in later
Take Care
Sheila

So far I drank 24 ounces of water today just need to put in 48 ounces to make up for the water dyhydration I get for the 3 cups of coffee I had this morning.. (hmmm does WW soda count as water??? or not??) BYEeeeeeee

Freckles 03-25-2002 01:01 PM

JUST SEEING IF I CAN BRING UP THE CURRENT POSTS.

Freckles 03-25-2002 10:56 PM

I'm back!

Finally, I'm able to post after trying to post several times! For some dumb reason I couldn't get them to show up on this thread! Jen: So glad to hear that the school found your earring & that there are still some honest people around! Spryng: Congratulations on losing 5#!! I sure wish that I'd lose 5#.:( Well, I have, but somehow it finds me again. :lol: Sheila: Keep your motivation going, your doing a great job! I almost bought a Pilates tape @ Kohls yesterday, but it wasn't on sale! How does the WW soda taste & where do you buy it? Sounds like you have a good variety of foods in the house. I picked up a few good things to eat, but still need to finish up my grocery shopping. I had a slim fast shake for breakfast, a slim fast meal replacement bar for lunch, an orange for a snack & some wheat thins for another snack. I finished the day with a stuffed baked potato with veggies, tomato sauce & cheese. I'm still stuffed myself & it's been 3.5 hours since I last ate! I'm sure the baked potato will probably give me some wild dreams tonight! Everytime I eat a large baked potato for dinner, I have the strangest dreams! Well, I'd better get going & help with DS's homework. Tomorrow is the end of the 3rd quarter already! :eek:

ECmom 03-26-2002 07:08 AM

Good morning!!!!!!!
Just a quick pit stop here to say hello!! Sounds like most everyone is doing fine with eating or excercise or both:) .

Spryng- our thread mascot! WTG on the 5# down!
Sheila- good for you getting your walking tape in! (Leslie Sansone, right? I have one of hers and she is rather entertaining to watch, she is so down to earth)
Jackie- any strange dreams? (is this something we should warn Gary about??;) ). Sounds like you too have gotten your eating under control. I know that recently that has been a struggle for you. Great to hear that you are doing well!

OK- now to bring up a touchy subject.........Does everyone have a game plan for this weekends onslaught of chocolate? (great that you can't throw rotten fruit at me thru the computer, eh?:lol: ).
Well, just some food for thought.....literally. Best to come up with a method of how you will handle all that chocolate- whether it be abstinance or a few judiciously eaten pieces or just calling the whole day a disaster and splurging. But, no matter what you decide, a plan will keep you from beating up on yourself the next day if you plan to splurge.
Gotta go- Dd is hungry (the rest of the family is gone already).
Hope to get back on later.
Ginny

spryng 03-26-2002 10:24 AM

Good morning all!
Wow this thread is getting big huh?
How's everyone doing today?
Ginny my game plan is pretty easy. I don't care much for sweets anymore so it's not hard for me to resist it. I can't remember the last time I had chocolate candy. Which is good for me because when I really like something (like pasta and breads) I can eat for days without coming up for air! :o
I've done pretty good the past couple of days. And I'm really enjoying having fruit every morning. Must be something different for my body because I haven't had fruit in a couple of years. I just don't like it much. But I have really been enjoying it lately. Today I'm having oranges. And I'm looking forward to it. I haven't weighed again. I want to give myself a few days of adjusting. I need to buy that book. I was outbid on ebay yesterday and for the bid it is now I can buy a brand new one for the same price so I'm going to do that thursday when my DH gets paid. Everybody I talk to seems to really like the concept of the diet and all that. It sounds pretty easy to follow if you ask me. I hope so.
Jackie it sounds like you had a great eating day yesterday. Did you get the wild dreams your spoke about??
Well, I have a ton of housework to do today. It looks as though a tornado slammed into my living room and kitchen while my DH has been home. How does that happen?????
Talk to you later!!

Lilbitofsunshine 03-26-2002 11:55 AM

Hi everyone! You all sound so good. Glad to see all of the posts.
Gemini, what a wonderful school your childen must attend to have someone so honest to return your earring. I'm very happy for you hon.
Hi Jackie! Good to hear from you. It sounds like you are eatting good. Keep it up and those 5# will be gone again in no time. I was going to pm you about the protein diet but I'll just post a short version of it now. Really I just added a protein shake from GNC to my diet. I slacked off of the bread, rice and pasta. Added some fruit, egg whites and more green vegis. It seems to be doing great. I feel like I have more energy to do my workout. It has also curbed my hunger some.
Ginny, we all know what a weakness I have for chocolate. I'm avoiding it totally! If one bite goes into my mouth I won't stop there. Wish me luck. I hope things around you are calming down a bit.
Congratulations Spryng! I'm so happy for you. Glad to hear you are enjoying the diet too. I eat alot of fruit, tons of it. Watch those bananas though they have alittle more calories. I avoid them they are just to tasty for me to stop at one.
Sheila, I'm glad you are doing well. It's funny how muscles can hurt that we never knew we had before. Be careful and keep up the good work. You can really accomplish your goals. Keep focused.
As for me, I'm so sorry I haven't been posting. My days have been so full. This time of year is hard to be a farmers wife. Stress levels rise fast. Dh has been so busy. It's hard for me to keep up with him and his daily going ons. I'm eating well and still going 20 miles a day on the bike. The inches are really coming in on my waist and thighs. I'm pretty much maintaing my weight here around 120#-123#. I'm going to see how I feel once some of this flab is toned before I lose anymore.
Well girls I must wade out to the cellar and fetch something for lunch. It's raining here again. Have a great OP day!
Misty

ECmom 03-26-2002 12:28 PM

Hi- another quick check in.
Gemini (sorry for leaving you out before..........ah that one lone brain cell is taxed to the limit). But what wonderful news about your earring!!!! You must be so happy.
Misti and Spryng- great that both of you have game plans for Easter candy. I will probably try to severely limit my intake, if that is possible. Both of you are doing so well.........basically at the weight that I wish I was at! But you worked hard to get ther. See ya later- I had better scoot.
Ginny