3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Stay At Home Mom's #37 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/14458-stay-home-moms-37-a.html)

spryng 03-21-2002 10:42 AM

Good morning all.
You must have got the rain we just got misty. It has been raining here for three days solid. No kidding. Today it has finally cleared out and the sun is shining. My poor mud puddle of a yard is now a lake! :o But the good news is we finally have the money to conform it into a yard this spring. We are putting up a fence around the entire 1 1/4 acres and building a deck and planting grass and lots of flowers. I can't wait to start. We should get started in the next couple of weeks. I'm so excited!! This is my first time to own my own home so this is also the first time I will have a yard to piddle around in this spring and summer! :D Needless to say I love flowers and will have them growing everywhere if I have my way. It's just too exciting. Also I talked it over with my DH and he has agreed to buy me a treadmill!! So today I will be pricing them on the internet. I want one that I can run on. I found one at walmart.com that goes up to 10 mph and has all kinds of cool features, like a heart monitor you stick on that shows where your heart rate is and where it should be, calculates how many cals you are buring, how far you went, etc. It's 400 dollars though!! But that's the kind I would like. I'm going to find a cheaper one though. I'll search ebay and such sites first. I'm sure I can find a used one somewhere that's half that price. I hope anyway. :)
Well, my eating was bad yesterday and topped it off by eating a personal container of ice cream. But I don't feel bad about it. I just have to adjust the next few days so that I don't gain from it. Hopefully I'll get that treadmill soon.
Anyway, sounds like everyone has been so busy!
I'll check in later and try to give everyone a personal message. Have a great day!!

gemini 03-21-2002 12:52 PM

Time for an exercise....

So, I'm always looking for new food ideas. Everyone's been raving about the light yogurts, which I unfortunately can't eat because of the artificial sweetners. But what are some of your other favorite OP food ideas?

:)I recently discovered Kraft Free Classic Ceasar salad dressing... 50cal and 0g fat per 2Tbs serving, and yummmmmm!

:)I absolutely love canned peaches in no sugar added fruit juice. I drain them from the can and rince with cold water. A quick, easy, and delicious snack, especially when I'm craving something sweet.

:)One of my favorite side veggies to go with dinner is zucchini and yellow squash, cut into spears, and grilled on my George Foreman. Delicious!

:)I love my Kashi cereal in the morning with frozen blueberries.

What are someof your favorites?

Lilbitofsunshine 03-21-2002 02:25 PM

Hello Girls! It is so good to see the sunshine. Dh's spirits have lifted, mine and the kids too. That much rain scares me. We flooded last year and almost lost our farm. It rained here for 3 days too Spryng. So great about the treadmill. I hope you love it. Good luck finding one at a good price. I'm going out to the fitness mall tomorrow, if I see anything I'll let you know. Our whole farm looks like a lake. I know how you feel. We have to wear rubber boots everywhere. I hope we will begin fencing in our front yard next week. Then planting grass. I'm so excited to be able to let the kids play in the yard, aren't you? By the way I think the yogart was bryers brand. I'll find out for sure tomorow. I promise it is real, chocolate yogart.
What a great ideal Gemini! I hope everyone posts their favorites. Mine include: spagetti squash ( Spryng you might like this since you are a pasta fan), raisin bran (gotta have fiber!), honey dew mellon with a banana, I put grape nuts on everything from breading a chicken breast to my salad and yogart too, and if I get a sweet tooth I'll freeze some orange coolaid in ice cubes put them in the blender with a couple of tbsp of filled milk and add alittle sugar. It comes out tasting like a dream pop. If I think of anything else I'll let you all know.
Glad the sleep over went well for you Ginny. How are you feeling Jackie?
And Sheila?
I'm doing good. Back to counting calories. I hope to try the adkins again someday. Not in the near future though. :lol: Three trys was enough for me. I'm up to 20 miles a day on the bike. I'm picking up some weights tomorrow. Start working on my arms.
Hope you all have a good day staying OP!

sheila061968 03-21-2002 06:17 PM

:wave: Hi Everyone :wave:

Hey everybody!!!!!
I am in a great mood despite the fact my kids are total monsters.. The sun is shining and I have an idea I too can and WILL do 10 pounds by June2nd. I have to start taking Charge of this sch*tt !!!!! It doesnt come off by wishing it away..
I have done a bit of research.
Eat 3 light meals a day with 2 light snacks
I am gonna keep my sodium to under 2400
limit my caffiene instead of drinking pots and pots a day.
Keep my fats to 30 grams a day tops.
kep myself between 1500 to 2000 calories a day
Eat LOTS and LOTS of fruits and veggies
And dont eat or buy anything that has 6 grams of sugar per serving..
Keep control of portion size.
And drink water till my kidneys float!!!!!!!

To most of you that sounds easy but to me I hate eating breakfast lunch is just a passing thought but I eat at dinner time.
Basically the above mentioned is a diabetic diet. I had to go on that when I was pregnant with my last child . ( I was gestational diabetic) but I stayed on it after he was born . After he was born I weighed 317.5 (he only weigh a mere 10.4) by following that I got down to 286 within two months after my up and down Csection healed ( tranverse c-section I think it was called for which I wasnt healed for 2.5 months ) I didnt continue with that type diet only because those around me told me it wasnt good for me.. I have consulted a few nurses and a dietician at my doctors office and they all gave me the go-ahead telling me that it is perfectly safe to go by the guidelines of a diabetic diet..(One nurse asked me have I been checked for diabetes since the birth of my son, when I told her no she told me to REMIND my doc to check for that since I am in the high risk area since I am overweight and had history of gestational diabetes as well as my grandmom on my moms side was diabetic)
Also I checked out Barnes and Noble online and found out they have the walking videos from Leslie Sampson for 20.99 and I will be getting those since my hubby did put in overtime last night . I have a Barnes and Noble less then a mile away . The weather here today is GORGEOUS and BRIGHT and I am full of energy and I am in a really WONDERFUL state of mind today ..
I have NO idea why I am in such a great mood but dang it I am gonna get my @$$ in gear TODAY and get moving with this new beginning !!!!! Also I am QUITTING SMOKING once again !!!!! I start that Journey Tomorrow!!! Wish me luck .. I want to be Healthy as a horse and Light as a feather and I know I CAN And WILL do this .. Cause all you ladies are great and motivational whether you gals know it or not!!!!
Will write more later .. And I promise to say something to each of you ...
Take Care
Sheila

gemini 03-21-2002 06:28 PM

Wooooooooo Hoooooooo Sheila!!!! You go, girl!!! :strong:

BTW, You will be following a similar plan to what I follow. I did lots of research into the various popular diets (WW, JC, SB, Atkins, etc). I finally decided to combine the best components of all of them and do it on my own. I wanted a regimen I could work in real life, using regular food without going to extremes. I really believe that moderation is the key.

Glad you are feeling great. It was a beautiful day today, wasn't it? Did you get much snow yesterday> We got about 8 inches, but a lot melted today. Unfortunately, I spent most of the day indoors cleaning, but I got lots accomplished.

Talk soon... :wave:

Freckles 03-21-2002 11:15 PM

Hi!

I was just going to lurk here, but decided to stop in & say hi! I'm so... tired right now & have been kept extremely busy the last couple of days. Hopefully I'll have more time tomorrow. Good Night! :yawn:

spryng 03-22-2002 11:08 AM

Good morning everyone!
Sheila your great attitude is contagious!! I'm so glad you posted! :D When I was pregnant with my first child I too was gestational diabetic. (so they said even though my sugar was NEVER high) She weighed 5 lbs 2 oz when she was born full term. Does that sound like a diabetic baby ... no. I think they were wrong. I wasn't diabebtic with my second baby. Anyway, the point is, I was on the diet you described too. You actually get to eat alot of food and that was great but at the time I was used to consuming 2 big macs and super sized fries and tons of pther stuff for one meal. So I felt like I was starving so I quit eating like they said and went back to regular eating. I gained alot of weight with that pregnancy. My highest was 185 with her. That was alot for me. especially since she was only 5lb2oz when she was born. But he plan sounds good now. I've just not been very motivated lately to lose. We have ate out every day for the past week. I did good yesterday, even with the take out, but I'm losing my will power. I'm back to 134 and holding. That's depressing. But I really do want to finish this. I just want it now. I'm so tired of dieting right now. I don't want to have to think about everything I put into my mouth and how it will effect me, you know? But I'm going to try harder. especially for you girls. I'm here to give as much as I get, and I get alot from you guys. So, hopefully soon we will buy me the treadmill and that will take care of my exercise problem and until then I'm going to try and make better food choices. No more fast food!!! At least for a couple of weeks. I need to eat healthier and smaller portions. So here goes a good try. :^:
Well, I guess I'll get off here. Have a great day all!!

Freckles 03-22-2002 11:27 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm still extremely busy, but just to let you all know: I've read all of the posts while a 'peddlin! ;) Seeing that Spryngspost is fresh in my mind...I just want to say one thing to her & it also pertains to us all: Don't go back to your old ways, but stay OP so that you will not be in my shoes & have to feel depressed on how you gained most of it back & how long it will take to lose again! Believe me, I sure wish that I weighed 140#, or even l60# right now! Take Care everyone!!

gemini 03-22-2002 12:24 PM

I need some of Sheila's good vibes to rub off here, too. I had a terrible eating day yesterday.:mad: I don't know what my problem was. I let my bad choices from Weds. evening carry over to all day yesterday. I never got on my bike, and I don't even want to look at it now, although I will try to force myself on it this afternoon, because I know it will make me feel better.

I know a lot of this I can chalk up to PMS. I swear, I go through such a personality shift just before TOM. The worst part is that I know I'm in it, but don't know how to get out of it. Arrrgggghhh!

Anyway, I did make a good breakfast choice this morning, and have good choices planned for the rest of the day. I want to be good today and tomorrow because dh and I are going out for a "date" tomorrow night, and I want to be able to go to dinner and eat what I want without feeling guilty over eating crud for the past 3 days.

Talk soon... :wave:

spryng 03-22-2002 03:18 PM

Thank you Jackie for your kind words. And you are right. I don't want to gain everything back or even a little of it back just to begin anew again. I swore to myself that when I hit 139 I would never be 140 again. And I meant it. So today is going pretty good. I had some left over rice for breakfast (we really really need to go grocery shopping) and now I'm having a healthy choice meal for lunch. For dinner though I have no clue. But I'm going to try my best to have something that keeps my cals low today. I am craving fast food so bad right now! Can a person be addicted to fast food?? Nothing in general, just all fast food?? I think I may be.
Gemini, we can do this together. After about three days of eating good I don't usually break from it as easily, but it's those three days that are hard. Maybe if I went bathing suit shopping I would be more intent on losing the rest of this. Have somthing to work for again. I need a goal. My main goal was the wedding I was in and now that it is gone I don't have a date to work for. Maybe I should set one up. Hmmmm.... I have alot to think about. But my mood is improving as the day goes on. So there is hope yet!!

sheila061968 03-22-2002 05:40 PM

Hi Everyone!!!!!
Today I went out and bought one of Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds Tape.. They didnt have the whole set that I wanted so I know if I didnt get one I would lose momentum soooo I grabbed the 2 mile High calorie burn one.. I tried it out and I like it.. Although I was tired and worn by the 1.5 mile mark.. (they didnt have the first tape 1 mile walk) and I bought a pair of 3 pound weights since I couldnt find the recommended 2 pound ones.. Didnt think that 1 extra pound would do too much difference.. IT DOES!! My arms arent used to it but they will be.. I also bought an all in one Pilates tape which is 90 minutes long..I will attempt that tomorrow.. I might try that walking tape again tonight so I get can better at it.. I feel like a snail compared to the girls on the tape..LOL
I decided I will quit my smoking on Sunday since I will have more time alone and not around DH who smokes like a chimney..
Gemini We got like 8-9 inches of snow the other day I was bummed out.. Thats why I HAD to get those tapes I was sick in tired of it being too cold to go for walks.. (Plus I have a missing filling that I cant get in to se my dentist for a month there busy...) So cold air on an exposed nerve .............YEEEEOOOWWWCHHH ..
Yesterday I did flub up abit I had a fluffernutter.. But my calories were down 600 calories so I didnt hit the over daily limit Instead of 1500-2000 I only got 1354 for the day..I cleaned my entire kitchen and living room though so I guess I worked off a little bit .. Eating 3 times a day is rough I have to shop more to get some good stuff in here.. ( my kids ate all my good stuff):(
I bought a scale a digital one I hate it IT LIES!!!!!!!! (I hope :lol: ) It said I weigh 265.5 so what I will do is use that number for when I weigh in ( Only once a week )So as of today I changed my signature and started off with that figure.. ( I am dealing with my TOM so I hope it will be lower when I am over it)
I feel PUMPED :strong: after doing that walk tape.. WHATTA RUSH!!!! And I am also proud to say I didnt have an asthma attack !!! ( I use to have attacks just walking down the street..)
Spryng They considered a 5 pound 2 oz baby a diabetic baby??? Yup they were wrong but thats my opinion.. In my state they get all weird if you have a 8 pound or more baby they think you have the possibility of diabetes.. I will tell you one thing I hated having to test every 5 hours my fingertips hurt like h*ll for two months afterward.. I dont want to go thru that again so that is why I worry about my history causing me to be "high risk"
Bathing suit shopping???? YUCK!!!!!! I dont wanna think about that yet.. It was 28 degrees here with the possiblity of snow Sun and Monday...
Freckles Glad to see you posting and I see you are right again .. I have slipped into reverse before and gained alot of weight that I had lost .. I need to get this weight off me although it will be a while before I reach my 160 goal..
My favorites....Hmmm.. that is a toughie.....will have to get back on that .. All I have as favorites are
Walmarts Clearly Americam Strawberry Banana Carbonated water ( No calories or sodium)
Strawberry Banana or Banana Creme or Lemon Yogurt (doesnt matter WHO makes it)
Bananas (like you couldnt guess) :lol:

I will have to think on that I know I like other stuff

Till Then Take Care
Sheila

Lilbitofsunshine 03-22-2002 07:18 PM

Alright! I am so glad to read the posts today! This is where my little motivation speech comes in.
You girls totally have what it takes to make it happen. If I can do it anyone can. Keep thinking what it will feel like when you meet your goal weight. While you are peddeling, walking and running. Visualize the thin you waiting at the end of your workout. Now is the time to take the control back.
Sheila, I'm so excited for you. It is so amazing what exercise does. Keep up the great work! Good luck with the smoking too hon. I'm pulling for you. It's a tough habit to kick.
Gemini, moderation is the key. In exercise and diet. Add alittle control and you have a sure fire plan.
Jackie, I'm glad to see you posting while you bike. You always give the best advice. It is so hard once you back slide on your diet.
Spryng, I was sorry to hear you were in the dumps. But then glad to see your spirits lifting as the day went on. It's so hard not to go back to old ways. This has to be a lifestyle change. Forever. You can do it. Look back at were you were this time last year. Just for fun, get a grocery sack and sit it on a scale then fill it with everything you can `till it is equal to how much you have lost. Go hand it to your Dh and tell him. I did this. It gave me a huge boost. My Dh could not believe it.
Ginny, how are ya?
I'm doing great girls. Op and all. My new goal is Mothers day. I'm having a photograph made withmy girls and I want to look great.

ECmom 03-23-2002 07:18 AM

Good Morning!!!!!!
Ginny is absolutely up to her eyeballs today............I have glanced at the posts and can see that most everyone else is busy too! Gotta go feed the hungry mob. Maybe I will get back on here later.
Miss you all!
Ginny

gemini 03-23-2002 09:11 AM

Back on track. :) Got in a great workout this morning, and will eat terrific all day so that I can go out on "date" with dh tonight and enjoy myself. Thank you for all of the encouraging words... it really helps! :)

Dd had a sock hop at school last night. What a riot! She danced most of the night with a boy from her class. Holding hands and everything! :o He was a cutie... had his hair slicked back and wore cuffed jeans, a white t-shirt, and a leather jacket! Lordy, these kids are only 6... am I really ready for all this????:dizzy:

The only bummer of the night was that after returning home and packing lunches for dd and dh to take skiing today, getting kids to bed, etc., I realized that one of my diamond earrings is missing. I do not own very much jewlery... just my wedding bands, some pearls, a necklace, and these earrings. Dh bought me these as a total surprise last V-Day and they match my anniversary band I had gotten for Christmas, so they are also of huge sentimental value. :( I'm sure I lost it at the dance, and it's probably a lost cause. I will call our homeowners insurance on Monday to see if they will cover, but they could never replace sentiment. :(

Anyway... hope you all are well. Have a great weekend girls! Talk soon... :wave:

spryng 03-23-2002 10:59 AM

Good morning all.
Sounds like everyone is doing good. Sorry to hear about that earing Jen. I'm the same as you, I own very little "real" jewlery and if I lost one I would be devastated because each and every piece is special.
Well, I have decided to try something different today. I was on epinions.com and was reading peoples opinions about various diets and came across one that intrigued me. It's called Fit For Life. Heard of it? I have ordered the book on ebay. (well if I win anyway) And it sounds very neat and works very well. All the opinions were really good and everyone lost weight. Alot of weight fast. But it's not a calorie diet or low fat or high protein or anything like that. It's a cleansing diet that you can do forever. It's based on your bodies elimination process. You eat fruit until noon and then for the rest of your meals you do some food combining. You can eat anything but you can't mix carb with protein. So you can have a bowl of spaghetti with some garlic bread but no meat balls, or you can have that steak but no pasta or rice on the side, instead it said to have a large salad. And you consume alot of vegatbles. I don't know alot of details yet but that the gist of it. Sounds good to me. And you can have as much of the food as you need. No calorie counting. Oh, the reason you can't combine certain foods is because some foods nullify the digesting of others when they are consumed together. And they say the weight comes off fast because you eliminate most of your calories before they are absorbed. many of the posts said it works better than atkins. That's amazing to me because atkins works great. But anyway, I wanted to share my find with you girls and see what you thought. Have any of you ever been on it?? I don't have the book yet but I am trying to organize my meals today to kinda go along with those ideas. I had peaches for breakfast and 4 glasses of water and I feel good so far. Of course it's still early. I'm searching the net for more info because the auction doesn't end for another 6 days!! And I want to start right now. :) But anyway, I'm excited.
Misty, your pep talk was great! You must be feeling really good. And you are right. You and I had basically the same stats and if you can do it than I can too. :D I don't have much more to go, so I need to buckle down and take my body a little more seriously. I can do it!! You are so motivating.
Well, I had a late night. So I need to get off here and clean my house so that I can take a nap later with the kids. I'm going to need it. Why is it when you stay up too late your kids decide they want up extra early the next morning?? My kids always go to bed at 9:00 pm and sleep until 9:00 am. Today they wanted up before 8:00 am. That was hard on me. And I'm feeling it now. So I'll check in much later :) Have a great day all!!