3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Stay At Home Mom's #37 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/14458-stay-home-moms-37-a.html)

ECmom 03-18-2002 11:32 PM

Stay At Home Mom's #37

Hi!!!!!!!
Welcome to a thread full of encouragment, support and humor as we share our lives as we restore health, lose weight and raise a family!! We welcome newcomers as well as all of our regulars!

Be sure to go back to SAHM's #36 to catch up on what has been going on in our lives and to welcome Angel!
Ginny

ECmom 03-18-2002 11:40 PM

Good evening!
Well, there is absolutely no way that I am going to catch up with all the old posts, respond etc........ It was great to see the thread so busy. A lot of you are getting tons of excercise (wish I had the time!). But that is great~ enjoy those recombinant bikes. (Jackie your calorie burns are incredible!)

As for me, I make it thru Ds's birthday, which was so busy, but fun. What a great group of boys. Yes, they were loud and busy but pleasant, polite and even remembered to take their shoes off upon entering the house. Ds has really been blessed with nice friends. Dd did not have anyone sleep over and ended out hanging out with her brother's friends. Even she got along well with them! His real birthday was Sunday- so the whole weekend was taken up with celebrating.
As for today, Dd (15) woke up at 1 am throwing up..........and Dd (6) did not have school today due to icy roads. Ds had a 2 hour delay.:dizzy: Yup it has been one of those days! The sad part is that I have not been able to walk since Friday! That one poor remaining brain cell is starting to lose it!

Ok, it is late.........and I had better get some rest. Hope that y'all are doing just fine. I hope that I can get back on tomorrow.

Have a great nite.
Ginny

gemini 03-19-2002 09:03 AM

Welcome to Angel! I am feeling a bit lazy today, myself. My house is a total dump and in need of some major cleaning. The only good thing is that we've had 5 inches of snow dumped on us yesterday, so when I finally get around to cleaning, at least the kids/dogs won't be tracking mud all over!:lol:

Ginny, I don't know how your poor, lonely brain cell survived this past weekend! Mine would surely have jumped out of an ear!;)

Did everyone have a good St. Patty's Day? Any good parties? We went to a party on Friday night, and I did well staying OP by bringing my own food. I did not want to eat the corned beef, etc. since I was cooking my own on Sunday. The best thing I did was to bring a giant bunch of grapes to the party. I put them in a big bowl on the table with the rest of the food, and was able to munch along with everyone else without feeling like I was missing out. Hooray for small accomplishments. :)

I did splurge a bit too much on St. Patty's Day... had 2 pieces of cake at work. Of well, it is done, and I had an excellent eating day yesterday.

Well, off to grab a little breakfast, then <gulp> clean house. Talk soon... :wave:

spryng 03-19-2002 10:13 AM

Good morning everyone!
I'm happy to report that my eating went well yesterday. I ended the day at about 1200 calories and that included a lunch of taco bell! So I am proud of myself. When my Dh came home from work last night he wanted to go and get dinner and I was really tempted to order pizza. But I told him that I was at 1200 cals already and really didn't want to blow my diet. So he quietly went into the kitchen and fixed himself something to eat. I was so suprised! When I realized he wasn't going to town I asked why (because I was ready to cave for pizza) and he said that he didn't want me to blow my diet when he could eat at home. I was so impressed!! he doesn't do that very often. But none the less he saved my diet for the day.
Now here's a brand new day and I'm out of yogurt which has become a staple of my diet. I either have one for breakfast or lunch. So today no banana cream pie :cry: how will I surivive?? ;)
I looked for the chocolate yogurts last time I went shopping and couldn't find any. Are you sure they make chocolate yogurt?? I did find a light chocolate pudding that has 100 calories per serving. That was pretty tempting. But I didn't get any this time around.
Well anyway, .....
Ginny you are a brave woman and I'm glad that your sleep over was a success ! I'm not looking forward to when my kids want their friends to sleep over, but I have a while yet.
For you who didn't do so well on their diets yesterday, well, don't worry about it. This isn't suppose to be a "diet" diet. This is a way of eating. A lifetime plan. So you have a lifetime to get it right, right?? Believe me, I've taken plenty of nose dives lately! :dizzy: But we'll all get it right in the end :)
Oh by the way I'm down to 134 today. Already two lbs gone. I figured it was mostly water retention. I should be back to 132 in a couple more days. I'm increasing my water to flush my system out. Taco bell probably didn't help in that area, but it sure was good!!
Well, I'm going to get off here. I hope everyone has a great day and stays OP. :^:

ECmom 03-19-2002 11:23 AM

Good Morning!
Good to hear from you, Gemini and Spryng.
Golly Spryng- I cannot imagine a day without my banana cream pie either (although today's lunch is coconut cream pie). Dannon has a white chocolate raspberry that is available here in NY state.
Maybe you can find it where you are.
Gemini- did you conquer the clutter monster in your house yet?
It is so hard when you get behind in the house work- seems like it takes forever to get caught up!!!!! All it takes is one day "off guard" and caboom- there goes the mess!
I have a busy day today- hope to get back on later. Somehow I will get a walk in- but it will most likely be tonite.
See ya later.
Ginny

sheila061968 03-19-2002 12:06 PM

Hi everyone
Gemini I have the same problem .I think my laudry reproduces itself over night and dishes dirty themselves in spite of everything I do to keep them clean.. I started my TOM early this month I feel soooo bloated and big and lazy that I just cant get nothing done,,:moo:
So far today I did eat a yogurt Banana Creme and a med banana for breakfast
Lunch my body is screaming for a fluffernutter but I might just eat nother yogurt strawberry Banana (yup I like bananas)
Supper will be some kind of meat with potatoes and some veggie, I know I should think ahead but IF I had my way I would let them fend for themselves and I would go to bed till my TOM was over..
Spryng CONGRATS On the 2 pound loss!!!!!!!You are right this is a lifetime thing (But I have little pateince,which means I have to learn that) :lol:
Ginny congrat for remaining sane and keeping that brain cell !!!!
Well I have to end for now I will try to get back here later . My dirty clothes seem to be multiplying as I type..
Take Care
Sheila

ECmom 03-19-2002 12:34 PM

Hi Sheila,
Sounds like you are having a mushy kind of a day there. But, your eating plan sounds great and good for you that you are sticking to it. Sounds like a good day to make a big cup of tea and a good magazine or book!!:) Try to get some time for yourself in today. Have a good one!
Ginny

gemini 03-19-2002 04:24 PM

Well Ginny, I dusted, vac'd, cleaned the bathroom, washed the dogs' bedding, mopped the floors, and peddled 10 miles on my bike. Still need to bake bread and make dinner. But all in all, a productive day, I'd say. :) I love keeping busy... no time to over-eat! :D Also, gotta take dd out for new shoes tonight. She has a soc hop at school Friday night and wants saddle shoes. She is just in kindergarten... lordy help me when she's 15! :lol:

Sheila, sounds like you got a case of the blahs :( but at least you have a plan. I do best to stay OP when I've got a plan. It's when I don't know what my next meal will be that I snack on something "bad". Hang in there, sweetie. ;)

I decided to hop on board the Easter Challenge thread and am shooting for 5lbs. I will do my best...

Talk soon... :wave:

Lilbitofsunshine 03-19-2002 08:57 PM

I'm still around everyone. It has been raining here since Friday and we have been very busy today and yesterday getting all of our farm equiptment onto high ground. Please forgive me for not getting personal, I did read all of your posts. Everyone sounds pretty good. I'm doing okay. I nose dived off the Adkins diet. It was impossible with all the going ons. Begining on the 24 I will be begining a 6 week diet and exercise plan, it is suppose to bring ultimate results. I really want to be in top shape come my trip home to see my sisters. Last time I was home we didn't get together. So, the last time they saw me was at Thanksgiving and I was at a very high weight. Anyhow, I will get with you girls tomorrow. I miss you:(. Lets all hope the rain lets up soon before I float away.
Nighty Nite!
Misty

Freckles 03-19-2002 09:10 PM

Hi!

I thought that I'd drop in for a bit & that's about all the time I have tonight. It's getting close dd's bedtime & I feel guilty that I didn't spend too much quality time with her. Well, I shouldn't exactly say that! I took her right after school for her 2nd horse riding lesson & watched her the whole entire time! Plus-we had some great one-on-one time driving to & from lessons. She's on "Cloud 9" on Tuesdays, knowing that she can go riding! I thought that this w/b great exercise for her & horses are her passion, too! Well, I feel fat as ever today, (TOM) but my dm thought that I lost some weight. I'm so glad that the PMS state has left me, as this sure was a challenging month of depression & biting peoples heads off! (Matter of speech)!
I was faithful the last few days & got in an hour each day on the bike. I've been staying OP pretty good. Did anyone watch the Oprah show a few days ago on weighloss & also the Maury Povich Show on weightloss today? I taped both of them & watched part of the Oprah one & hopefully will get a chance to finish both of them tonite after the kids are in bed. I hope that Angel can find us again, as she is so new to the boards here & is having a hard time locating us at times! Ginny: Glad to hear that you survived the sleep-over party! :D Don't worry about the shortage of brain cells, as I've lost a ton of them this past wk. :eek:
Well, I was going to make this real quick & here I am still plunking away at the keyboard. Gotta go & spend QT with dd.
Jen, Spryng, Misty & Sheila & the rest of you: I will catch up with you all when I have more time, sorry! :o

gemini 03-20-2002 08:35 AM

Just a few quick words before I gotta get ds off to school...

Very exciting news! First off, dh told me last night that he was checking out my butt while I was cooking dinner and that it was looking mighty firm! :o Now, I know that's a bit of an exageration, but he's noticing a change. :D

But here's the big news... this morning, I am wearing an old pair of size 12 jeans! :D I knew there was a reason I saved them!!! :lol:

Anyway, I am just way excited! Gotta run. Talk soon... :wave:

ECmom 03-20-2002 10:06 AM

Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just here for a quick hello- got another busy day on tap here.
Somehow I will get a walk in this am- but considering that it is raining/snowing it will be interesting!
Jackie-good to hear from you. Glad that Dm had something nice to say about you :) - nice to hear something positive and that she was the one who said it too!
Jen- great news about your butt and those size 12 jeans!!!!!!!
Misti- no problem about not getting personal in your post, we are busy ladies and sometimes there is just enough time to vent a bit and scan the posts. Glad that you are here- in whatever way you can be! When is your trip home to see your sisters????
Hope that you are back on track today.

Gotta go! My neighbor is joining me for the walk!
Have a great day!
Ginny

ECmom 03-20-2002 10:13 PM

Hi!
Looks like a quiet day here at the thread...............that means that y'all will have to rely on me for your entertainment!:dizzy:
Speaking of needing my head examined...............this morning, in the dumb snow/rain that we had I went for a 4 mile jog with my neighbor. Actually made it thru most of it jogging (probably about 1/4 of it I did my usual fast walk). The good news was my knees held up fairly well. The bad news was that I got really cold. But it was nice to have the company. But I would much rather walk than jog!!!! (the route we took is my "long walk" route). Jogging just is not my thing. My eating was not too good. I did some stress eating............:( I have got to break myself of that. I was doing so well for a while. I have not gained any weight- still came in at 153#. I just have to get my won't power back.
But, after a wierd day, I was feeling so wound up that I just came back from my 2 mile walk. ( I must be nuts......no comment Jackie!)
I hope that everyone had a good day! Night!:yawn:
Ginny

Lilbitofsunshine 03-20-2002 10:43 PM

I haven't floated away yet. The water is still very high. I just thought I'd check in and read the posts before go to bed. Thanks for being understanding about the short post. You are all appreciated. Hope things here are back to normal soon. Take care girls, I'm tuckered. Nighty Nite!
Misty

gemini 03-21-2002 09:09 AM

Ginny, I think yesterday was a stress eating day! I did so well all day, but blew it at work with chips, cookies, and a half of a donut. :mad: I guess I was a little bummed because I stepped on the scale and, for the first time, didn't see a loss. But, I'm putting some perspective on it... I didn't gain either... stayed the same. And, it had only been since Saturday that I last weighed-in, and I ate a bunch of crap on Sunday for St. Patty's Day. That, plus TOM will be arriving within the week. So, I'm trying not to get down. Today is a new day... start over. :)

Misty, Glad you're still afloat! Keep bailing! ;)

Jackie, Sheila... how are you guys?

Gotta go... ds has swim class this morning. Talk soon... :wave: