Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 07:34 AM   #31  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Morning everyone! TGIF!

I always gird my loins on Fridays in preparation for my husband's crazy eating over the weekend (about the only time when junk makes it into the house any more), but maybe this weekend will be different since I've got him weighing daily now! He seems to be getting on board the health train, and it will be nice to have company on it!
Old 06-13-2008, 07:41 AM   #32  
Manda

S/C/G: 304.5/165/149

Height: 5'2"

Applecheeks, I have been doing the same things lately. I talk myself into believing that I can "afford" that one bad treat or that one whole day of bad eating because I have lost so much and blah blah blah. Come weigh in day I kick myself because I could have done so much better. It is all mind games with me at this point. We just can't give up! We can do this.

Susan, How often do you go to the gym? I am having a really hard time with the exercise. I have read all the posts here and lots of people had great advice. I am hoping that helps me commit to the exercise like I have the healthy eating.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-13-2008, 07:43 AM   #33  
Manda

S/C/G: 304.5/165/149

Height: 5'2"

Josephine, You snuck in while I was posting and I didn't see your post. Good luck this weekend. I hope that your dh sticks to it. It has been a tremendous help having my dh on track with me.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:53 AM   #34  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahill1979 View Post
Josephine, You snuck in while I was posting and I didn't see your post. Good luck this weekend. I hope that your dh sticks to it. It has been a tremendous help having my dh on track with me.
I bet it helps! I'd love to have my DH on the same page as me! It has been tough for him losing his "junk food partner in crime", and I think he didn't really believe I'd stick with it this time. But now suddenly he is expressing interest in losing the extra weight also, yay!
Old 06-13-2008, 01:55 PM   #35  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

thats awesome josephine, i bet he will look and feel so much better soon enough!

my future MIL spoke to me yesterday on the phone and says my fiance looks alot better recently, like he is healthier and a better weight. i am hoping it is because we have cut out all the junk.

now if i can get him to stop eating chocolate every day in the car i will be happy.

he easily eats two bars per day.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Ahill1079? We go three times a week. Monday and Friday we lift and Wednesday is cardio. We walk in between and I do some abs maybe 2-3 times on my own.

Of course we have to be a bit flexible. Family things, shift work etc. We have a thing tonight and DH couldn't go yesterday so we'll go in the morning.

Tracey (PT at the gym) wants us to do at least the three days and maybe more cardio as we see fit.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:41 AM   #37  

Morning! It's pretty muggy here this morning.

My DH used to eat chocolate bars too. Later in the afternoon, when you need that pick me up! He's doing much better too. It's very gratifying

I'm almost done drinking coffee I'll put the fixin's for my shake in the blender and then were off.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:38 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 222/154.4/149 (mini-goal)

Height: 5'4"

Finished 2 weeks on my program, 8 pounds lost, 3 inches from waist. Have to be prepared for a slow down now, I guess.

My DH isn't doing the program, but we have the same dinner every night, he just adds bread usually. That makes it easier.

I love to cook and was worried about not being able to be creative on this plan, but it's working out well.

Good weekends to everyone.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:42 AM   #39  

Morning!

We had a bunch of folks in yesterday and I ate some of everything. But I knew what I was doing and will take my lumps.

The gym was good yesterday. I'm absolutely amazed at how far I've come WRT cardio. I feel quite accomplished.

Karen? That's what we used to do. I'd make DH a potato or brown rice ... nobody seems to notice that I haven't made gravy in years.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:20 AM   #40  
Michelle the Vegan

Morning gang! I'm looking forward to a nice Sunday with my DH and fur babies. If the weather holds I'll hit the pool for a long swim, otherwise I may bike again today.

I survived my family's BBQ without too much pain, and bringing my own food paid off with a loss on the scale this morning. I'm down 4 pounds for this week with my official weigh in being tomorrow morning, so I feel very happy about staying on plan!

Karen -- great job with your program! Well done!
Old 06-15-2008, 10:57 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 173/171/130

Height: 5'7

Last night we pretty terrible for dieting, I may have to say. We went to Eat N Park. Naturally, I got the Rosemary Chicken (the smaller portion, which just so happens to be good in calories) BUT, it included two sides. One side I got chicken noodle soup..the other french fries. AH. So, I couldn't say no to them. I did however pass on the sticky bun for desert. I'm about to calculate how much I ate yesterday. I'll let ya'll know.

But while I'm here, I have two questions.

I've been drinking water with 3 packets of splenda/sweet n low. Simply because I cannot stand the taste of water any longer. I've been drinking so much of it. Is this bad for me?

Also, I downloaded 30 Day Shred. Has anybody tried this? Any success stories?
Old 06-15-2008, 11:01 AM   #42  

Default Oh, not bad.

So I didn't do bad. It came to app. 673 calories.

And I ate 5 oz rosemary chicken.
french fries
a cup of chicken noodle soup
and 2 glasses of water (with lemon added and 3 packets of splenda)

Here I go feeling all guilty about overeating and I didn't
Old 06-15-2008, 11:19 AM   #43  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Hey! You did really good--you kept yourself accountable by adding it all up just to see what it really was. And it wasn't too bad, considering.

Good for you! You're gettin' the hang of it!

Jay
Old 06-15-2008, 11:54 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

I've never posted in this thread so I hope you don't mind me joining.

I was at a total standstill for about a month or maybe even 2. My ticker never moved and that was pretty depressing. It was kinda funny how upset I'd get even though I wasn't logging calories or exercising in that time frame. Wonder who's fault it was that I was maintaining.

In the end of May I decided enough is enough. I told myself I would start logging calories on the daily plate again June 1st. With that I started running again. Then I bought myself a polar F4 heart rate monitor. I did some experimenting and found that I actually burn more calories doing my Walk Away the Pounds videos than outside most days so I am sticking mostly to them now. I am back to riding my bike about 3 or so nights a week too and enjoying the extra cals it helps me burn.

I've had a few days with trouble staying in my cals but I make sure to do some sort of extra exercise those days. I don't belong to a gym so I have to do it all on my own. I've been doing some little extras with my 5 pound hand weights at night while I am watching tv too hoping to maybe tone my arms and thighs a bit. Do I need heavier ones or should this be ok for now?

OK, and last but not least, I'm losing again! I lost 3 pounds last week and as of this morning I was at 157.5 so that's almost 3 more. Just the jump start I needed! I won't move my ticker until I see it 2 days in a row cause I'm anal like that but I'm still over the moon.

OK, sorry I blabbed but I thought I better catch you up since I haven't posted in this thread!
Old 06-15-2008, 12:15 PM   #45  

Oh that's awesome. I just got the 30 Day Shred video though I haven't tried it yet. I need to get the weights first. lol, but 3 lbs! thats awesome!
Closed Thread