Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 12:42 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Smile Steel Magnolias #133

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Please read page 2 of the last thread...... Time to start a new one here.

It got down to 28 degrees here last night burrrrrrr. I go to the doctor today to see about getting a shot for my knee. I had one years ago and it worked for a long time.

Jean I am so glad that your machine didn't crash when you downloaded the the Weather Bug.

See ya'all later.
Old 01-04-2002, 10:32 PM   #2  

Good Evening, Flowers!
It is 31 degrees as I type and is supposed to hit the 40s tomorrow. This weather is sure nice! I love it!

Maggie -- How can we make the thread last for 30 posts instead of just 15? The weather bug seems to be working OK and he agrees with the forecast I get on my homepage. Hope your visit to the doctor was productive and your knee is feeling better.

It is getting close to bedtime and I am heading in that direction! Have a super Saturday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-04-2002, 11:25 PM   #3  

Hi Everyone

It is a little warmer here today...we got up in the the lower 40's but the north wind made it feel like it was much cooler. Tomorrow we are suppose to have rain and the temps are suppose to be still in the 40's. By the middle of next week, we will be back up in the mid 60's

Maggie: I hope you knee feels better real soon. My husband has bad knees, and they act up whenever it is going to rain. He was told when he was a child that he had arthritis in both of them.

Jean: Your weather sounds an awful lot like ours. Monday we go back to school from our Christmas break. I am not looking forward to it, because I want to be home with my mother. My Dad can take care of her while I am gone and then when I get home, I can do the bandage changes and so forth.

It is getting late, and I think I am going to call it a night. I hope everyone has a great Saturday!!!
Old 01-05-2002, 12:28 AM   #4  
Thin Within

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

The doctor gave me some sample medicine today for my knee. He said this is the new arthritis med that doesn't mess up the stomach called Celebrex. I only have to take one a day and am to report back to him in two weeks. Loosing weight will also help the situation I am sure. Bummer I learned from the Doc today that WW doesn't meet here any longer and I have to leave the mountains and go through the valley and drive about 20 miles to the coast. That is about the same distance I had to go in Tennessee but a little quicker for the road isn't so curvey here. I had to laugh when I called the WW number ~ they have Fergie doing the telephone pitch. I sure hope these pills work for it would be nice to walk again. Lorraine I certainly know what suffering your husband goes through.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 01-05-2002, 12:09 PM   #5  

Good Morning, Flowers!
The sun was out for a few minutes but now it has clouded over again. I have laundry going and my kitchen picked up for the time being anyhow. Life would be so simple if we didn't have to eat!

Lorraine -- We are supposed to hit the 40s today and tomorrow . . . I hope the weatherman was right! Your parents are lucky that you are close by to help out. I'm sure your life is hectic trying to keep up with your parents, your family activities, and your job. Don't forget "you".

Maggie -- I have taken Celebrex and liked it. I took it for plantar fascia (however it is spelled!). I have noticed that it is advertised on TV quite often. Do you still plan to join WW even though you have to travel over hill and dale to get there? At least you don't have to worry about icy roads and blizzards!

I hear the dryer buzzing so better keep moving! Have a nice weekend!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-06-2002, 12:16 PM   #6  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Have a lovely day which the Lord has made and be glad in it.
Old 01-06-2002, 05:07 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone

The temps are a little warmer today, and they said that we should be up in the 70's by mid week. I cannot believe this weather!!!

Maggie: Is the medicine helping any? My Mom took that medication when she had her shoulder operated on. They said it would help with some of the pain.

Jean: How are you doing? Is your weather as crazy as ours? Tomorrow is the first day back to school after Christmas break. I am not sure if we are ready to go back yet. My youngest was ready the day after Christmas, but my boys like the time off. I too, liked the time off......oh well.

Well, I need to get things ready for school tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great night.
Old 01-06-2002, 06:45 PM   #8  
Thin Within

Hi folks..... lovely day here in the upper 60's.

Yes Lorraine the meds are working for which I am so grateful. I can't believe that it worked so fast also. I can actually stand up from a sitting position and be able to walk and not have to accustom my knee to be in that position. The doc did say to take it easy for awhile and ease back into walking. But in the meantime it is pain free and working nicely. After I go back to him in two weeks maybe he will let me start a "walking program" with an easy does it attitude. I haven't noticed that I have any side effects from the use of it either but this is just my 3rd day on it.

Have a nice afternoon ladies.
Old 01-06-2002, 06:54 PM   #9  

Good Evening, Flowers!
I just finished reading the Sunday papers and am waiting for the last load of laundry to be done. The day has flown by! DH is ushering at church this month so have to be there "earlier than the early birds"! Then we went back to Jason's and finished up the garage door opener project, stopped to say hello to Beth, and rushed back home for a 4:00 meeting at church. The message on the answering machine said that had been postponed until tomorrow so that took some of the "rush" out of the rest of the day. I think *spring* is on the way . . . it is still light at 5:00 and I am SO excited!!!!!

Lorraine -- have a good first day back at school! I'm kind of glad we did a "two dayer" last week . . . sort of gets everyone back into the schedule again. The weatherman goofed . . . it only got up to 26 degrees today and the wind made it feel even colder. Hope your weather prediction comes true for you . . . 70 degrees would be heavenly!

Maggie -- nice book! I hope your knee is feeling better. As I recall it takes a while to tell any difference after starting the new medicine.

Have a happy Monday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-07-2002, 12:09 PM   #10  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Monday, Monday and here we are again. At 2 am there was a bob-cat fight right by our place and those little critters can sure growel and spit and yowl. Turn watched from the safety of a window. It woke us all up and the fight lasted 15 minutes.
Makes me glad Turn is an inside kitty......

Well ladies this is the day I rejoin WW. Interesting enough the meeting I will go to is for those who want to lose 50 pounds or more. Different strokes for different folks.

Have a great OP day all you lovlies.
Old 01-07-2002, 05:14 PM   #11  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's a nice day outside and I am heading out for a walk shortly. One more day left in this semester! Yippeeeeee!

Maggie -- I'm anxious to hear how your meeting goes! I wish our group was big enough to have different meetings for different needs. I guess I should just be glad we have a meeting in our little town! Do bobcats fight until one is dead? We've had a couple of tom cat fights during the night -- they do get noisy!

Have a terrific Tuesday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-07-2002, 10:29 PM   #12  

Good Evening Maggies:

Our weather is turning warmer, and they are still predicting to have temps in the 70's by mid-week.

Jean: Well today was our first day of school, and the kids for the entire day were dragging. They were so quiet too. I had one student who couldn't keep his eyes open. He was trying so hard but they kept closing and finally he just put his head down. I felt bad, but I had to wake him up because the other kids were being distracted by him.

Maggie: I am glad that you have a meeting to go to. I had to stop going for a while because of boy scouts, and now because I need to take care of my Mom. I am following the plan, but I know if I was to go to the meetings, I would be following MUCH closer

Well, I need to get the kids to bed....we are trying to get back into the swing of getting on a school schedule again.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!!
Old 01-07-2002, 11:01 PM   #13  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default ...peeking in at all the magnolias...

Hi everyone! Thought I would just drop on by and sit a spell with y'all...if y'all don't mind... I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and good start to the New Year... Christmas vacation went by so quickly for me. I spent the last half of my time off with a nasty head cold and its now finally leaving me. Winter is here; what more can I say?

Besides Christmas I haven't really been doing much. I've been doing an awful lot of reading. My oldest daughter, Heather, gave me the latest Diana Gabaldon book (THE FIERY CROSS) for Christmas. This author writes big fat novels that are almost 900 pages long. Wonderful epics with so much description and so much history. Anyway...

Like so many others I have re-joined and re-committed to WW. Yes, I was one of those statistics of people who gained over the holiday which set me back some. As I told Maggie in an email I am so tired of saying (at this time of year in particular) "this time I'm going to get goal" and bless my dh's heart he was so kind when he told me Saturday morning that he really does believe that one of these times that I start trying "it will take" and I will reach goal. He touched my heart because that was like saying he would never lose faith in me. Makes me all teary-eyed now as I think about what he said.

Jean, yes it would be simpler if we didn't have to eat. We could give up food like a smoker gives up cigarettes! But I think we have it tougher don't you think? At least we won't give ourselves lung cancer but I just thought right this second that we do so much harm to ourselves by over-eating. Life isn't easy that's for sure!

Lorraine, I gather your mother isn't well? I'm sorry about that. Returning back to school is difficult--even I have found it particularly tiring...and I wanted to close my own eyes this afternoon about 3:30. Did your student snore?

Maggie, I hope your WW meeting went well...and you like it, the leader, and the rest of the group. I really would like to hear also if the meeting itself is any different or is that particular center just offering a meeting for larger people so they will feel like they have more in common with each other. My center doesn't offer specialized meetings. I think it might be nice if they did. Do you keep in touch with Cindy? If so, how is she doing? I know she's now married and living in TN...right? She must be homesick.

Take care...
Old 01-08-2002, 12:54 AM   #14  
Thin Within

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

This will answer Gail's question and others that were interested in hearing about the 50+ to lose session. No difference. I guess they can't stop anyone from coming if they want to attend at that time. The meeting was huge though and lots of folks weighing every size imaginable. The leader was a hoot - male - had lost a volume of weight but was rather stuck on himself. I was so happy to learn that the meeting closer to my house isn't cancelled after all so next week I will go there.

Have a good night everyone.
Old 01-08-2002, 08:44 AM   #15  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Well Maggie, that's a bummer! But I understand how you feel about leaders. The last thing anyone needs to be listening to is a leader who thinks they are all that and a bag of chips! Did you get free registration at least?! AND you want to go to the place that is most convenient to you too--that way there will be less excuses for missing a meeting--that is why I switched to Thursday evenings after work.
Closed Thread