Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2002, 04:16 PM   #31  

Thinthinker Yes she is overweight. When I see her with her class she looks huge but she also seems "bigger boned" than the rest. She is very sneaky and does what it takes to NOT take a shower. Her Mother used to be heavier and her aunts are at a minimum I would say 300 to ? so they "aid and abet her". If you know what I mean. We live in a rural community so I don't think they are into comprimse much. I will ask my SIL if she has talked to them but I have to be careful because of her family and history (she is tiny now) because she is understandably sensitive about this issue. Thanks....

Kat We had someone selling a book at work of pictures of New York...of course, when you open it many of the pages had the towers. Like you said it just makes you hesitate for a second everytime you see something like that.
My niece is 15 and has the least amount of willingness to diet of anyone I have ever known. Back to being "aided" in her trouble this is just one example. For Christmas I made those haystacks...chow mein noodles or cereal covered in chocolate. I had set out a huge plate of them and my niece stood by the plate and ate one after another until the plate was empty. Her Mom said nothing so I didn't dare either. I know her aunts on her Mom's side talk to her about their weight and how they want to help her (it comes better from my SIL own sisters) but it's like she is deaf to them. I did get her to go walking with me once last summer but that was it. I will try again in the Spring. Thanks...

Okay 2Cute I ordered a bellydancing tape.

I don't know what you did to me putting that idea in my head, but I guess it is partly my fault for telling you to think out of the box. Anyway, I went to read up on it and got intrigued. It seems a good way to get in touch with your body - something I need to do again. I refrained from buying any of the outfits.

Thank You I think.
Old 01-05-2002, 05:00 PM   #32  
a work in progress...

LLB: YOU GO GIRL!!
Old 01-05-2002, 06:11 PM   #33  
You and Me in 2003

I don't check in for a while and look at all the people that drop in.

Belly Dancing ! You have to be kidding

My foot is better.

DH and I went into town today and ate at Ruby Tuesdays. I had salad, grilled chicken, baked potato and coffee.
I did order a 32 oz margarita but only drinked half. (watch out Dh)

Welcome to the new members. Glad to have you all here.

Mississippi is getting a Hooters but DH says he isn't interested in going. He loves robust women

Well I better go for now
Old 01-05-2002, 06:50 PM   #34  

Default Thank you

I want to thank everyone for their kind words of encouragement. I have been on such an emotional rollercoaster since my husband's death. I cry going to work, coming home from work, taking a bath, listening to the radio,.. I try not to get so upset in front of my daughter. For 10 she is a very strong little girl.
Again I guess time will be a factor in helping with the pain. We did have a lot of wonderful times together but I guess I feel cheated that we didn't have more

I did get some good news this week, my parents have a very nice treadmill they are going to let me have so that I can do some walking at home. I am very excited about that. I did drink more water this week. If I could only give up the soft drinks!!

Well we are all in this together so let's get out there and move.

Take care

Suzygirl
Old 01-05-2002, 08:14 PM   #35  

so, I started AGAIN!
yes, as you must all have experienced before, but since My cousin is in the same SHAPE I am I think having a close buddy will help also, we have decided to train a little, just to "breathe" better and just good eating...since we last talked, I had lots of health problems and was hospitalized for 10 days, went in ambulance for the 1st time in my life ( hope the last) and I lost 15 pounds. went from 220 to 205 to 195 lately. I try to find some pals from Quebec ( french speaking people) but it seems they all stay in their houses hiding! I always need a kick to move more and to eat good! and I thought of you guys, thanx for being there..xxx
Nath x
Old 01-05-2002, 08:43 PM   #36  

Nathg We are here - but I don't speak French...or write it for that matter.

Suzygirl You will be on that rollercoaster for awhile so just remember we are here - even if it's not for weight loss conversation.

Grannie Glad to hear your foot is better. Hooters!!!! don't get me started. I used to go to the Mall of America all the time and the Hooters there was awful..you couldn't even walk by without feeling sleezy. The girls that worked there are the ones that started the law suit against Hooters because their bosses expected "stuff" from them.

I still don't have my water in.....better get chugging.

Just wait - one day this will be me!!!!
Old 01-06-2002, 01:09 AM   #37  
Dancing those pounds away

Default WOW !!!!

Hey guys... it is great that so many posted.
I hope you know anyone can start a new thread.
This is so long I am going to start a new thread.

DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD.

Instead go to our next thread...300+ and ready to try again...#119

See you all there.
Closed Thread