Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 05:38 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#264

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!
Old 01-07-2003, 05:41 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Now that I got that nasty task out of the way......

I'm only back for a minute to let you know that they are having a story on Oprah tomorrow about and "obese woman". Gosh, I hate that word "obese". Of course I don't like "fat" much better. Does "heavy" sound better? Nope. Maybe "woman of size". Well, you get the picture of the subject matter of tomorrows Oprah show I suppose, regardless of what I call it. :-(

Gotta run. Honey called and said he was leaving work. I've got an hour to clean up the kitchen and get some dinner cooking. I'll see all you lovelies later.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:05 PM   #3  
I'm on my way!

Hello Chickiepoos!!

I just made a meatloaf from a WW recipe. It called for 1/2 cup of oatmeal instead of breadcrumbs..more fiber there! Also for 2 egg whites, worcestershire sauce, a chopped onion and 8 oz of tomato sauce. Hopefully it will taste good when its done!! I didnt' tell John I put oatmeal in it...he wouldn't say anything bad about it but he would just say he wasn't hungry and eat something else later. I didn't have the 8 oz can of sauce so I used a half cup of crushed tomatoes. Then since I didn't want to waste the rest I threw it in a pot with a can of chicken broth, a can of mixed veggies and can of black beans about a half cup of left over peas and about a 1/3 bag of frozen whole green beans. Calculated for about 1/2 point per cup of soup! A bowl of that and the pie for me! LOL Well not quite yet...I still haven't gone back out to find the reduced fat crust yet! Soooo...maybe that will have to wait till tomorrow or thursday.

Anyhow....I've only eaten 13 points today and that is unusual since I was home most of the day. We ran errands this morning then hung out at home while the boy was at daycare....then sampled a big n tasty...sorry I know too much information...but then again I don't want TINA thinking she is the only one doing the big and tasty thing!! Then I picked up the boy and did the dishes and made the meatloaf....after I get my hiney off of here I need to do a load of clothes for work....and pack lunches for us for tomorrow and get clothes ready! Then the boy needs a bath...geesh...does it ever end??

Thin...I wished I was home tomorrow to watch Oprah...I'll have to see if I can figure out how to tape it...I don't even know if we have any blank tapes...

Well I guess I should go do something constructive now!

I'll be back...TTFN Michelle
Old 01-07-2003, 06:05 PM   #4  
Progress..not perfection

Hey thin! I'm running around like a mad woman trying to read all the posts on the last thread and trying to hurry and post on this one. Just wanted to hop in real quick and see how you guys are doing. I have been so good lately, I decided to stop and get me a treat. Now, a treat might be different in ya'lls eyes, but to me.......this is a heavenly treat. I stopped by Chick Filet and got me a regular chick filet sandwich. I know, it's crazy........but I LOVE chicken and I feel like I'm doing something bad when I eat this sandwich. I don't know why......it's only 6 points. I think it's because it has a little bit of batter on it, but because there's no skin on the chicken, it's just not that bad. I did put lite mayo on it which made it a cool 7 points and I still have 13-18 points for the rest of the day!

Keep your fingers crossed for me......... I am about to attempt the 3 mile WATP. The 2 mile nearly kills me, but I thought I'd just try it. If I'm not back in 2 hours, call the paramedics! !!
Old 01-07-2003, 06:08 PM   #5  
Progress..not perfection

Michelle: YOU SNUCK IN ON ME! Hey sweetie.......thanks so much for all these good recipes. Your the best! Catcha later!
Old 01-07-2003, 07:14 PM   #6  

Kat Don't you love Dr. Phil.

Thin Thanks for the tip on Oprah, although I do tape her and Dr. Phil everyday.

Michelle Are you ready? My plan is to start exercising by Friday. Nothing like HOURS at a time because I think that is where I have failed in the past. Just like "starting over" with my new eating - I have just followed a simple eating plan - nothing complicated and drink a minimum of 99oz of water a day. I think after two weeks of this I can handle it and continue. So, now it's time for the big E . (exercise) I even took small journaling baby steps. I think I will journal only once a week except for my "gratitude" journaling which will be everyday.

I have been good so tomorrow better show some results!!!!!

Old 01-07-2003, 09:38 PM   #7  
I'm on my way!

No Lucky...I'm not ready yet...sorry! Just can't get that motivation rolling yet...I am tired just thinking about it!! I know I have to do it...it just ain't working for me right yet!

Tina...that meatloaf came out pretty tasty! Even John commented on it tasting really good!!

Well I didn't get any school work done today...but I did manage to read a couple of magazines I got in the mail today...talk about being LAZY!! I did check out the classes I am registering for next semester...4 of them...can you stand it..I can't even keep up with 3 and I am taking 4 hopefully easier courses...Children's Lit, American Cinema, Principles of Management AND Nurtition!!

I know I know...I am such a GLUTTON!!

Gotta run and try to do some reading while the boy is on the couch watching TV with his daddy!

TTFN Michelle
Old 01-07-2003, 10:05 PM   #8  
Progress..not perfection

Talking I can't believe it.........

I did it! I did the 3 mile WATP! I am impressed with myself for the following reasons:

#1. The most obvious........look at my stats. I walked 3 miles!

#2. I kept up. Not only did I keep up, but I kept up with people that weighed over 100 lbs. less than me.

#3. I set my mind to do it, and I did it!

I feel like I am on such a roll and I am feeling so strong. I have to say though.......I am pooped.

I don't think I'm going to bed quite yet, but I am definitely going to veg out on the couch for awhile. Have a great night.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:56 PM   #9  

CONGRATULATIONS
Tina

Weigh in Wednesday.....maybe I can sleep away the pounds...before the AM....
Old 01-08-2003, 01:51 AM   #10  
Dancing those pounds away

Wow !!!! So much to be impressed by tonight.

Tina... CONGRATULATIONS on your "3" miles !!!!!!!!
I am soooooo proud of you.

Thin.... CONGRATULATIONS on your posting photos... I love them !! YOur grand nephew is a cutie for sure. I did not get my scanner for xmas so no pics from me for awhile.

Michele...CONGRATULATIONS on gettting some big n tastey.
I am insanely jealous.
On a more serious note... I have always made meatloaf with oatmeal. LOL I did not know you could use crackers or anything else untill I was married many years. LOL

Lucky... I hope you get the results you are wanting... but remember... it may not show on the "given" day you weigh.
BUT TRUST ME..... IT WILL SHOW if you keep up the good work.
Our bodies do not know about calendar days.

Well my friends... I am not feeling much better. I have been on antibiotics for 36 hours now... and I should be feeling better by now. Grrrr.
The doctor thinks I have some ribs out of whack... I thought he was nuts... but maybe he is right... because I still HURT !!!!!
I slept most of today away. Now of course I am awake.
I am going to go take some of those muscle relaxers he gave me and hopefully I will be asleep in an hour or so.

And yes... I am still on program. It was HARD today. Just laying around doing nothing makes me want to EAT !!!!! I just chowed down 5 radishes. I am being good... I AM DETERMINED !!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2003, 08:24 AM   #11  

2Cute So sad you are still sick....keep taking care....I may need to sit on your lap at any moment.

Weigh in Wednesday...and FINALLY I have something to report...

Just call me Sara.... I lost 9 lbs.....no one is more shocked than me!!!!!

Now to keep this "losing" mode up!!!!!

Gotta get to work but had to share my GOOD news....
Old 01-08-2003, 08:47 AM   #12  

Talking WOOOEEEEY! LUCKY!

LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY! That's SOOOO amazing!
9 pounds is awesome! What an exciting 2 week update that will make in your journal later today! I'm so VERY HAPPY for you! I'm excited to see your numbers come down like that... doesn't it feel grand?! ...SEE?! My mantra "A year from now you'll wish you'd started today!" works wonders if chanted with all your heart!

Thin: Hee, hee. I recognized the pics of your sons right away before I even saw who the post was from! Your grand-nephew is SOOO cute! Don't those little ones always steal the spotlight at holiday gatherings?!

Oh yeah! WI Wednesday for me too! Check out my journal if you're interested in all the gory details!

Gotta go get Hubby up for work!

Sara
270/153/150

Last edited by SaraJoy; 01-08-2003 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:54 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Howdy...

I have already walked this morning...20 min around the track at a local park. After I take my son to school, I'm off to the gym.

I will say this...it is SO hard to take that first step to exercise...the exercise itself isn't really hard, it's just taking that first step. Once I start, I love how it makes me feel. Energized...but also like I have accomplished something, so that makes me feel proud of myself. If you do SOMETHING, ANYTHING other than nothing, you have accomplished something. Set a teeny goal and reach it. (5 minutes and no more) Don;t think, "Oh that's nothing, it won't make a difference." Oh yes it will. Baby steps.

The longest journey begins with but a single step.

See you later.
Love ya!
Old 01-08-2003, 09:12 AM   #14  
Progress..not perfection

Hi all.... I am hopping in here real quick, because I am determined to not spend my day on the computer my first day off, but I just had to pop in and say good morning.

Also, I must say to Lucky: I am SOO proud of you girl and I'm also gonna fuss too. Here I am worrying how I'm going to inspire you to exercise & journal and then you turn around and lose 9 pounds! What gives? You were just tricking us, weren't you? Just kidding I coudn't be more proud if I had lost the 9 lbs myself. Honestly. Sending you a great big {{{{hug}}}}

2cute: I sure am glad your starting to feel a little better. Those kidney infections are the worst. Sending you lots of love.

Now, don't think I don't care enough to respond to the rest of you......I will, but not now. Like I said, I'm in a cleaning mood this morning and before I change my mind, I need to get busy.

I've already cooked breakfast, took Trey to school, swept the kitchen floor, did a load of laundry, organized my big kitchen cabinet, organized my closet, and made this lovely post to you guys and I've got a ton more to do. Wish me luck!

See you this afternoon!
Old 01-08-2003, 09:17 AM   #15  
Progress..not perfection

Ok, I lied.........I'll try to be quick.

Kat: Good job on the exercise girl. WE CAN DO THIS!

Sara: Good to see you! I'm looking forward to checking out your journal today!

thin: Thanks for sharing your photos from Christmas. That little one is a cutie!

Ok, now I'm really gone...................
Closed Thread