Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-22-2007, 01:38 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default I'm A Married Man ~ And A Cheater!

But I only "cheat" on MYSELF!

Why do I do that? Angie went out this morning on a 3 mile run with our Golden Retriever's, came home had a piece of whole wheat toast with a little peanut butter a half a and a cup of tea, did some yoga and is off picking up school supplies for her classroom and the new Harry Potter book.

I, on the other hand, was up an hour before her, at 5am and all I have managed to do is ~

Read 2 sports pages

Post in several threads here

Put on Elvis CD's

and eat tortilla chips with cheddar cheese for breakfast!

Why do I "cheat" on myself?

I am going to try and hold myself accountable for my "cheating" by posting here every day how I cheated myself....

Feel free to join me...I need all the support I can get!

Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Gary, you sound like me! DH and I didn't do our Sunday walk (for the umpteenth Sunday in a row) because it was too hot and humid. We slept in instead.

I can't say the eating was bad--I've been pretty much OP for the past week.

I won't mention the beer with lunch yesterday or the wine each night with dinner.

Oops, I mentioned it!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:11 PM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Can't help ya today. Now YESTERDAY, I visited the folks. And that's ALWAYS cheat day. Too much junk sitting around, no healthy stuff available. So mom opens a can of peas. The next thing I know, there's a half a stick of BUTTER sitting on top of them and she's popping them in the microwave. She won't change how she puts a half a stick in those or a half stick in the candied yams with a half pound of brown sugar...COMON'! They're ALREADY candied!!!! So I have to eat very little of everything and try to work around it. Found some microwavable Asian dumplings in the freezer to add to my meal as they weren't very high calorie. Then my brother had a wrestling match yesterday, so its off for the hour drive over to OH, no time for dinner, so its a hotdog with just mustard and ketchup, no chili or slaw, and a popcorn for dinner. Blech. I'm not even very fond of hotdogs. And of course on a day like that, the only exercise is moving from car to parents' house and back to car to grandpa's house and back to car to Value City with my aunt and back to car to wrestling, and finally car to home. Is that exercise?

But today, I've been out painting the fence. Had a whole wheat pancake with half a banana and some blueberry All Fruit on top, some cottage cheese and olives for a snack and eating a Lean Cuisine now for lunch before I head out to the store.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #4  
hara hachi bu

I was a cheater all day yesterday, in terms of food choices. I ate Don Pablo's for lunch and some pizza for dinner. I worked out quite a bit, but the food choices didn't match the great workout.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:40 PM   #5  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

I kind of got off track with two vacations in a months time, as well as a birthday celebration for my father-in-law, so lots of unhealthy foods around me no matter where I turned.

I came back Friday from vacation, and right now, we're trying to eat up what's left of the camping food we have leftover. Not too bad, as it was meats, cheese (to which we can use all week on the diet) and breads, no junk was leftover, lol. Still, yesterday was not so good for me, went over 1800 calories for sure.

I was hoping summer would be easier to get the weight off, but I find it's worse, with all the BBQ's, family gatherings and vacations. We haven't had any real hot days up here, so I haven't been able to swim like I wanted to in the lake out back.

Needless to say, I am very frustrated right now.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:03 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Gary, we all cheat ourselves at times. My food yesterday wasn't too great. Actually got tired of eating and went to bed early. LOL. My eating today has been fine and I've done a lot of heavy duty housecleaning. So, I'm trying to redeem myself today.
My SD got the new Harry Potter book in the mail yesterday. She stayed up til 4AM reading it and is half finished with it already. I have never read a single one of them or seen the movies so I don't imagine I'll start now. LOL.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
......I won't mention the beer with lunch yesterday or the wine each night with dinner....Oops, I mentioned it!
I won't mention my beer either....DANG! I just did...

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostheaven View Post
.....But today, I've been out painting the fence. Had a whole wheat pancake with half a banana and some blueberry All Fruit on top, some cottage cheese and olives for a snack and eating a Lean Cuisine now for lunch before I head out to the store.
GREAT job! Prayers for your daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica View Post
I was a cheater all day yesterday, in terms of food choices. I ate Don Pablo's for lunch and some pizza for dinner. I worked out quite a bit, but the food choices didn't match the great workout.
Thanks for the support...I am always up for Mexican lunches and Italian dinners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelslady View Post
I was hoping summer would be easier to get the weight off, but I find it's worse, with all the BBQ's, family gatherings and vacations. We haven't had any real hot days up here, so I haven't been able to swim like I wanted to in the lake out back.

Needless to say, I am very frustrated right now.
The summer is always hard for me too with the BBQ's and such...oh, and the fall with Thanksgiving, but....oh and of course winter with Christmas and New Years...but I am pretty awesome in the spring...except of course the 2 months around Easter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
..... Actually got tired of eating and went to bed early. LOL
It sucks going to bed bloated doesn't it! Boy do I know that feeling well

THANKS FOR JOINING ME FELLOW CHEATERS!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:01 PM   #8  
KAR

Hi everyone,
I can relate to what you all are saying. I do really well during the school year, but summer time is the worse time for me. I guess during the school year, I am busy planning and teaching my special needs kids and running here and there for the stepkids in the evenings. But during the summer, it is so much more relaxed and I tend to find myself grazing on food in the house rather than sitting down to a regular meal somedays. Plus it doesn't help that we went to Sams Club a few weeks ago and bought a 7 pound bag of Brach's Hard Candies. So I am trying to limit myself to 5 or less pieces aday.
I guess I am making up for those pieces of candy and grazing of food now, since I am pushing mowing my lawn today. But I had to come in and take a break, needed lots of water and to sweat the sweat out of my eyes.
Hope you are all having a great day!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:02 PM   #9  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

This has been my week to CHEAT. We were on vacation this week, and I have been cheating since Tuesday. I kind of got back on track yesterday, but then I had 325 calories of Edy's slow churned choc n roll light ice cream this morning while my family went to church. (I played hooky - so I guess I cheated there too. ) Some days I almost manage to convince myself that if I eat it standing up right out of the container, the calories don't count.

By the way, this is fantastic ice cream - 130 calories for 1/2 cup.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:55 PM   #10  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hello, Cheaters!

It's interesting about this "sneaky food behavior"--meaning, when the family or significant other is elsewhere, and suddenly out come the bad foods...

Here are some of my sneaky food behaviors of the past:

- Picking up a bag of candies at the grocery store checkout and eating them all on the way home. Oh, and hiding the empty bag at the bottom of the car's trash holder.

- Making a secret stop at McD's or BK or Wendy's, going through the drive-thru, and then parking and eating the goods in my car. Being sure to get rid of the evidence.

- Stopping for an ice cream cone and not telling anybody about it.

Reading these now, it strikes me that these behaviors are similar to those of addicts and alcoholics! It's like an addiction to certain types of foods. So, for EZMONEY's questions, "Why do I do that? Why do I cheat on myself?"--part of the answer might be an addictive behavior. Hmmm... time for a food fix?

I don't go to fast food places anymore--the food just doesn't appeal to me now. And, I always track the calories of everything I eat. There are no "magical calories" that don't count. So, I save the candy bag, for example, so I can use the nutritional panel. It all goes into my daily total. And I don't hide what I eat from others--it's just not good for me to do that.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:04 PM   #11  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

yesterday I volunteered to go to the autoparts store for dh so he could get started on draining the oil and not have to stop working and waste time. He really wanted to get that oil change done yesterday and wouldnt have had time if I hadnt. Arent I a sweet wife?

Oh....yeah...except for the (preplanned and insidious hidden agenda) drive through icecream cone on the way home. Honestly it was the main reason I volunteered.

Summer is harder for me too. In the winter I dont really want to go out to eat, but in the summer I want to be out and about which means eating out and I just have to have the magical cold sweet stuff.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:33 PM   #12  
KAR

Jay you hit the nail right on the head. I could agree with everything you said. Because I have done every one of those things myself. Especially the one about stopping at Wendy's. I did that last night on my way home from dropping my stepdaughter's cell phone charger off at her mom's house. I went through the drive-thru and got a small Frosty. After eating it, I wondered to myself why did I just do that. Then it was come home and munch on cheddar cheese and dill pickles because the hubby and step-sons were doing it. But I must say that I all day today I have craved a small hot fudge sundae with peanuts from the DQ. I even planned on going to get it after getting cleaned up from my shower from mowing the lawn. But after mowing the lawn, now I don't want it.
Ennay, that was very sweet of you to go get the oil for your dh yesterday. You are such a sweet wife! I have went to the store for my hubby at times too, so I can either get a candy bar or small ice cream cone. I have to bribe my stepkids when they go with so they don't blab my secret. I tell them if they tell on me, I will never let them buy them a candy bar or ice cream cone again when it is just us in the car. Isn't that a mean stepmommy? LOL
Well I think I am going to go be lazy for a little bit and read a book. Chat with all you wonderful "cheaters" later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:39 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 170cm

Well, as I sit here eating my triple cream brie cheese, i'd love to say that cheating is not my style. But it is. Whenever my partner is out, or whenever I'm out and he isn't, its a gorge fest. chocolate for lunch anyone? I'm a chronic scoffer, so bad that not even the girls in my regular thread hear about it.

wow. naughty me!
Elerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:26 AM   #14  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Here's a baaaaaaaaaaaad cheat that I HOPE no one HERE actually does. But my mom would get all the junk food out of the house trying to get dad to lose weight. Especially after his family doctor of many years said she was going to refuse to see him anymore if he didn't lose 25 lbs. by his next appt. He didn't, and she kept on seeing him. ::sigh::

Anyway, dad would have my daughter for the day, and they'd go pick up my mom from work and mom would see an empty potato chip bag in the floor and ask. He blamed them on my daughter. It wasn't until years later we found out that she hadn't been eating them. He made her LIE for him!!!
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:35 AM   #15  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Almostheaven, that is so sad. It's bad enough to do these things, but to involve children in the deception--well, what kind of message does that teach them?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote