Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-20-2007, 09:10 PM   #46  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Another thing I hate is having to pee ALL THE TIME! I don't even drink that much water - only 36 to 48 oz per day. But I swear, everytime I stand up, I have to pee. It's a banner night if I only have to get up to pee once, sometimes I have to get up two or three times. This was never a problem before I lost weight, so clearly it's connected somehow (well, I do definitely drink more water now).
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:22 AM   #47  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmare View Post
I don't get running. If nothing is chasing you, why are you running?

The best response I've ever heard to this question was "I run now because if later someone is chasing me I'll have the ability to run away." You can't run away if you're not in good enough shape to run.

I love to run, too. I've only been going twice a week lately because it's so darn hot here. I've been getting into step lately and really like that too.

What I hate about losing weight: That on the days I want to do nothing but eat chocolate, chips and ice cream and sit in the recliner watching movies... I can't! I used to do this a lot (which is why I got fat), but now must make the decision that my end goal is higher priority than my laziness.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:37 AM   #48  

I hate having to be conscious of my eating in order to become thin. I now realize that I'll NEVER be like those people who never have to worry about their weight (e.g., my husband).

A few months ago, I had an epiphany: In my adult years (since about 18), I've never eaten a fattening food without somehow thinking I was getting away with something. I realized that whenever I would eat something fattening, my mindset was always, "To **** with it. I'm eating this!" It's a subconscious thing, but that kind of mentality is fostered by our dieting culture and it's contributed to me being overweight.
lynnm39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:40 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

NEWSFLASH:

I just got in from going for a 30-minute, 3-mile run. I would have run longer, but it started raining. The newsflash bit is that I actually enjoyed it! I didn't enjoy feeling my butt jiggling, but I totally enjoyed the beads of sweat coming off my face because I was pushing myself *that* hard. Hot.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #50  

Height: 5'3

I hate falling right into fat stereotypes. I hate that I have a hard time running because I'm fat. I hate that weight is easy to gain, but hard to lose, and people say hurtful things that imply the opposite. I hate the fact that I went through highschool ,and my first year of college without dating. I hate that not eating that cookie doesn't mean I lose weight right away, or even at all. I am new to really trying ot lose weight so this is more what I hate a bout being fat, but being fat to begin with, and staying fat after the initial decision is what I hate the most.
froglegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:39 PM   #51  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

NightengaleShane, COOOL!!!!

froglegs, yeah, I hear ya. Things will get better. Stick around!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:40 PM   #52  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i hate exercise. in any way shape or form. I wish i didn't. I loathe it. totally.

congrats on enjoying a run.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:19 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I HATE plateaus.

I HATE seeing close friends gain & lose while I am still not losing. (OK I'm jealous - I'll admit it).

I HATE that I've made so many changes to my lifestyle & still is not enough.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:02 PM   #54  
Aww, look at the bunny!

S/C/G: 200/174/162

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale02 View Post
The best response I've ever heard to this question was "I run now because if later someone is chasing me I'll have the ability to run away." You can't run away if you're not in good enough shape to run.
I run because some fat girl is chasing me, and I think she might have already caught up.
twistedhoneydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:31 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglegs View Post
I hate falling right into fat stereotypes. I hate that I have a hard time running because I'm fat. I hate that weight is easy to gain, but hard to lose, and people say hurtful things that imply the opposite. I hate the fact that I went through highschool ,and my first year of college without dating. I hate that not eating that cookie doesn't mean I lose weight right away, or even at all. I am new to really trying ot lose weight so this is more what I hate a bout being fat, but being fat to begin with, and staying fat after the initial decision is what I hate the most.
I wonder why weight IS so EASY to gain but so HARD To lose! It's insane. Right now, I'm trying to burn twice the calories that I'm eating, and I just wish the weight would come off faster!

The good news is, when you look at things rationally, there's no way someone can healthy lose, say, a pound a day for however many months they need to lose weight, BUT... let's say you lose 5-10 pounds a month - in half a year, you're down 30-60 pounds! That doesn't sound too bad, does it?

Also, I know how much fat stereotypes suck. When I was in middle school, I was a fat kid, and everyone picked on me for it. I didn't realize *how* fat I was until softball tryouts, when I got my sports physical and saw I weighed 148 pounds... at 12 years old and 5'3", that was HUGE to me! In reality, it was only slightly overweight, but in my 12-year-old mind, I thought the whole world was going to end! It drove me to be anorexic and bulemic later.

So, in short, I REALLY hate the way society portrays and views fat people like it's our freaking fault we're fat!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:29 AM   #56  

Height: 5'2"

hmm, lets see...i HATE..

- being the only chubbyish girl in my spinning/aerobics/body sculpting class amongst slender and skinny girls

- not having my super fast metabolism like i used to. i could eat ANYTHING in middle school all the way to junior year in high school. i used to be able to eat a big mac, 6 piece chicken mcnugggets, medium fries, and apple pie, without gaining a thing! i was on a competitive dance team though..

- this is going to sound terrible, i've always been the skinny one with a cute booty in my family, and my sister, she's slender too, just more muscular. and now with this gained weight, i feel HUGE compared to her. when i see her in her size 2 shorts, slim, fit and toned legs..i get jealous, and just want to give up. lol..well at least i HAVE a booty. hah.

- seeing pictures of myself from college before i gained the weight. i keep those away! they just make me depressed.
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:58 AM   #57  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglegs View Post
Froglegs,

Don't ever let your weight hold you back from dating. If its a self-esteem thing, I can understand, but weight loss doesn't solve those problems in terms of dating. I can understand that it gives you some confidence if you lost weight, but being absolutely stick thin my freshman year of college (4 years ago) never landed me a date, nor did it being in high school. Confidence, I think, is the sexiest thing anyone can have.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:35 AM   #58  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

I hate that I let myself get this way.
I hate that I have to pay MORE to eat healthy but if I wanted to eat like crap I could pay a whole lot less.
I hate going out in public and constantly thinking people are looking at me in disgust.
I hate not fitting into the cuter clothes I see.

Most of all, I hate hating all this stuff because I'm now doing something about it so I shouldn't even worry.
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote