Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-19-2007, 12:45 PM   #16  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

my dogs would love for me to like running... they are lucky i walk...

i don't get the doing stuff you hate if you don't have to. where is it written we have to run? i have a plate in my ankle, i'm lucky i move at all....
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:54 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Oh, I run because I know it can burn calories like something fierce. My friend lost 80 pounds in 5 months while running. Now, I'm sure she must have starved herself to get there, too, because who loses that much, that FAST, NATURALLY? My girlfriend's brother lost a lot of weight running also. Besides, I'd rather run and eat a few more calories than sit and restrict myself.

I also run because it's free.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I have a chihuahua... but he gets tired out every time I run and wants to take a nap after, like, 5 seconds... not to mention he's too busy barking at everything and everyone else.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:35 PM   #19  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

I hate social situations and dieting. You know, the family gatherings where a well-meaning and loving aunt states (loudly) "Lisa! I made salad and bought fruit just for you! I didn't want to hurt your progress!" Le sigh. Thanks, darling Auntie, but I would have seen (and chosen) the salad on my own.
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

Oh I should mention that the humiliation wasn't from other people. It was all me, blah! Actually the track team at my high school was (and is) incredibly supportive, and it was an interesting experience to be part of a sport, since I had always done music & theater instead. I wasn't even the heaviest girl on the team, just one of the slowest. Overall, it just affirmed for me that I HATE HATE HATE running!
what else do I hate?
I hate water retention from sore muscles! I mean my muscles are sore already, I'm feeling that I had a great workout, I'm in pain but I feel good.... then I look at the scale and oops, I'm up however many lbs.... not the way it should be!
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:47 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Ooh, KnitALisa, thats another thing I hate. Social situations & food. Besides what you mentioned, when I go out to a restaurant with my friends or whatever, I feel like such a doofus ordering a salad or something healthy or the smaller size. For them, its like a blinking sign over my head saying "I'M ON A DIET" because they all are ordering onion rings and cheese fries and all of that. Well, that's one group of friends... my other group is a healthier bunch, so its not so embarassing ordering the healthy choices with them.

Also, I hate how parties and whatnot are basically organized in order to encourage overeating. I work at a catering hall, and it seems so ridiculous to me to first walk around with plates of appetizers for the people, then dish out the "cocktail hour buffet" for them (which could easily be a meal itself), then move to the other room and serve the same people their APPETIZER, SALAD, BREAD, and DINNER, then an hour later put cake in front of them and open up the chocolate fountain.
Who in the world could eat all of that food?!?!? It always makes me feel almost bad, like I am serving them obesity. Yuck.
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:01 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 215/192/145

Height: 5'6"

I hate not being able to run! I had ankle surgery last year and it's still healing. Heck, if I walk more than a few miles I pay for it for days afterwards.

I also hate that I'm struggling so much just to stay at this maintainance plateau. I'm scared what it will take to start me losing again. I mean, come on, I'm eating 1500 calories a day and exercising 6 hours a week. Blech. I'm afraid my days will consist of a stalk of celery with a glass of water chaser and a 40 mile run.
harrypotterybarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:06 PM   #23  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

I used to hate running too. Never thought I’d be converted, but I did c25k and by gosh, turns out I actually can run. And don’t hate it. I do however hate that I have to get up at 5am to do it. I also hate push-ups. I used to hate bench dips and have managed to get over that, so maybe it’s only a matter of time.

I hate that beer has calories. I’m gonna sound like a total lush, but I would be totally happy ordering a low cal salad when I go out if only I could drink as many tasty pints with it as I wanted. Wait, that’s not true. Beer totally makes be want to eat crunchy salty things. In other words, I hate that beer does not help me in the fat removal process.

I also hate the social situation thing. Not only am I trying to be healthy, I’m also a vegetarian that attempts to eat vegan most of the time. So not only am I worried about caloric content, I’m asking if there’s chicken or beef broth in the soup and driving the waiter crazy I’m sure with all my questions, requests and omissions. I know my mouth is not a garbage disposal and I shouldn’t feel obligated to just eat whatever trash is available, but I can’t help but feel everyone else would appreciate it if I did sometimes.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:59 PM   #24  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

I would like to run-but I'm afraid I would knock myself out!!! There's a sight-46 yr old woman with a busted jaw on the sidewalk in 112 degree heat!!! I guess I'll just live vicariously thru Nightengale....

PS I hate the "in-between weight" NOTHING FITS and I refuse to buy new clothes for a month or so.

-Jan
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:11 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I'm afraid my days will consist of a stalk of celery with a glass of water chaser and a 40 mile run.
I hear ya harrypotterybarn. It looks kind of grim somethimes.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:21 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 215/192/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailr42 View Post
I hear ya harrypotterybarn. It looks kind of grim somethimes.
Yup, some days you see the peanut butter spread, but some days you just see the celery.
harrypotterybarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #27  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I hate people who say "now don't get too skinny"
Eating in social situations
Friends who unconciously sabotage
The Phrase" Oh it won't hurt to have just 1" Yes it will and it has before!
I love to exercise (wierd I know) but I hate not having the Means or the way to get to the gym
I hate getting grilled about "how I do it" and then made to feel bad that I am doing it.
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:28 PM   #28  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Honestly I'm pretty at peace with myself and losing weight. I enjoy the food I eat, I don't have any off limit foods, everything in moderation is my motto! I guess the only thing I hate about weight loss is how slow it goes!

I feel opposite of most of you on the running thing, I love it! It makes me feel so strong and accomplished, even though I can't run very far/long without a walk break. The fact that I'm doing it at all (I couldn't run for even half a minute when I was at my highest weight) makes me feel powerful.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:07 PM   #29  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I hate how much I sweat. I thought I would sweat less as I got into better shape but it turns that when you lose weight, you sweat more!!! Some days I sweat so much it looks like I've peed myself. And not just when I'm exercising; I sweat in the car and anytime I'm in a warm place (sitting in the sun at the ballpark, in a warm room, etc.). When I buy new clothes, I have to evaluate how much my wet marks will show up in them. Hate that.

And I hate all the angst involved in going out to eat now. Not knowing how many calories are in anything, trying to guess at what the healthiest thing on the menu is, feeling deprived if I don't order what I want but feeling guilty if I do order what I want. Either way I lose (but not the good kind of losing ). I swear, most of the time I'd just rather eat at home where I can control the calories. I miss being able to just go to a restaurant and have a nice meal without out the angst.

I used to hate running but now I like it better than the cardio machines. But swimming is the only exercise I've ever done where I feel graceful and athletic. With everything else, I still feel like a total klutz, I've just gotten comfortable with that feeling.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:16 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I hate that I cannot eat what I want. I love pizza!
I hate exercise. ....100%
I hate that I cannot just wish away my weight
I hate that I cannot lose it over night.
I hate my belly
I hate my thighs
I hate my pancake boobs
islandgrl is offline   Reply With Quote