Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-20-2007, 08:52 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToBlue View Post
I hate how much I sweat. I thought I would sweat less as I got into better shape but it turns that when you lose weight, you sweat more!!! Some days I sweat so much it looks like I've peed myself. And not just when I'm exercising; I sweat in the car and anytime I'm in a warm place (sitting in the sun at the ballpark, in a warm room, etc.). When I buy new clothes, I have to evaluate how much my wet marks will show up in them. Hate that.

And I hate all the angst involved in going out to eat now. Not knowing how many calories are in anything, trying to guess at what the healthiest thing on the menu is, feeling deprived if I don't order what I want but feeling guilty if I do order what I want. Either way I lose (but not the good kind of losing ). I swear, most of the time I'd just rather eat at home where I can control the calories. I miss being able to just go to a restaurant and have a nice meal without out the angst.
I feel you on the sweating! Since I live in Florida, it's extra hot down here, and that makes anyone, fat or thin, sweat like a pig!

Going out to eat... at some places, you can ask for the nutritional guides. I heard that restaurants are actually obliged to have those. From my experiences, most chain restaurants do, but the smaller ones often don't bother or feel it's necessary. I've often been the only person to ever ask them for the guides... ooh, special me!!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:00 AM   #32  

More things I hate:

Like the rest of ya'll, I hate that it comes off so SLOWLY.

I hate not eating what I want, when I want to!

I hate eating nasty meal replacement bars. I know I don't HAVE to eat them, but I'm trying to eat at least 75g of protein a day (100 is ideal), so protein bars it is! Boy, are they gross. And the aftertaste... OH GOD!I'm eating one right now that is "cookies and cream" flavored, but I have a feeling my hiney tastes more like cookies and cream than this thing does!

I hate stupid questions like, "Why are you on a diet?" BECAUSE I'M FAT, dummie! Why else?

On the flip side, I also hate when people tell me I NEED to diet. Fudge you! I KNOW I need to diet... that's why I'm doing it!
Old 06-20-2007, 09:10 AM   #33  
too much of a good thing!

S/C/G: 209/ACK/less than200 initially

Height: 5' 5"

I hate my belly too... ack!

I hate calorie counting. I know it works for some but the idea just makes me want to scream and run away to cheesecake land.

I hate the food industry and marketing and BS. Nuff said or it would turn into a mega rant.

I hate running too. Another thing that works for some but not for me, I am too heavy, and arthritic, and it would kill my joints.

I hate that I can't do some many things for fear of injury b/c of being heavy and arthritic.

I hate vicious circles. (Heavy>arthritis etc. > need to exercise / but I'm heavy > PAIN . and so on and so forth)

I hate having issues around food and weight b/c it makes it very awkward socially.

I hate the Dreaded Pregnancy Question. Which is all tied in to social situations and food and and and

I hate the current fashions that are deadly to an overweight woman who hates the DPQ b/c they all make one look preggers.

I hate that my get up and go got up and went.

I hate McDonald's. This is actually a good thing!!
catsnhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:12 AM   #34  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey NightengaleShane,

I'd like to see you post over on the "I LOVE" thread. I'm interested to see what good things you find in weight loss.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:30 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Hey NightengaleShane,

I'd like to see you post over on the "I LOVE" thread. I'm interested to see what good things you find in weight loss.

Jay
Believe it or not, my love list is just as long as my hate list.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:22 AM   #36  

I do no exercise I don't love - this is not punishment. I deny myself no food saying "I can't have that" but I CHOOSE not to eat certain foods because they do not contribute to my goal.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:39 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

It's so interesting to see what people hate! Some of the things you hate (eg, exercise), I love! I even like calorie counting (except when I'm in a hurry!).

But I also hate some of the stuff you mentioned:

Other People are a big one ... I hate it when they make snide comments to try to derail my success like "Don't get too skinny!" or "Oh, you're so thin already you're going to waste away!"

I hate eating out and trying to figure out something that will be good with my meal plan and having to explain to people why I'm ordering salad with dressing on the side and no cheese or something else while they wolf down pizza.

And I really hate how LOOOOONG it takes. I'm being good! I should be skinny now! It seems to me the way it should work is that you drop all the weight right away when you stay on plan, and only gain it back if you fall off the wagon and eat off plan.
Kilketay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:40 AM   #38  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
I do no exercise I don't love - this is not punishment. I deny myself no food saying "I can't have that" but I CHOOSE not to eat certain foods because they do not contribute to my goal.

i don't exercise if i hate it. i do things I tolerate...

as for food... I don't eat it if i don't like it. even if it's good for me...
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:50 AM   #39  
I restore Teeth.

I hate it when I have those "I'm just not thin enough" to wear that outside sort of thing. I also hate retaining water.

Edit:

Add-on: I also hate it when I go out to eat with my parents and they feel as if I should eat til I'm stuffed silly. I get ridiculed if I don't. And if I make a comment about it being an unnecessary and an unhealthy habit, I get a lot of slander. Ughh, the horror of eating out with parents.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:05 PM   #40  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
I ALSO hate complete restriction, i.e. "I can't have..." statements. I know it makes things easier for some people, but when I tell myself that I "can't have" something, it makes me want it 3274097349 times more just because it's forbidden. I've developed enough self control to eat things I like without shoveling them down my mouth in large quantities, and if I didn't have that, I'd either be permanently fat or permanently cranky.
I'll second this. And this way of thinking is what made me gain so much weight. I would forbid myself to eat certain foods and then I'd eventually cave and eat it anyway, then assume I was a failure and had blown the whole thing, therefore causing me to give up altogether.

Now if I want pizza or a piece of fried chicken or a hamburger or some Chinese food, I have it. I just eat those things in extreme moderation. But allowing myself those foods now and then satisfies the craving enough to where I don't lose my freaking mind wanting them. I too have developed the self-control to NOT get carried away with it. Too me a while to get there, so that's one thing I'm proud of myself for. I do NOT believe in deprivation. Not anymore.

As for things I hate about weight loss, I really can't think of anything right now. I guess I could say the obvious, that I sometimes wish I could just eat whatever I wanted and as much as I want. But those feelings pass eventually. I enjoy watching what I eat and I enjoy eating healthy.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:17 PM   #41  
I'm lovin my scale

I hate that weightloss is work. I'm with blue to blue, I hate that I sweat so much more now and that I have to do an in depth study of restaurant menus and grill the server about how food is prepared when I eat out. I hate that I can't eat orange chicken whenever I want. I hate the saggy skin left behind. I hate that it's taking so long. There are things I love about it though. I'm capable of more physically. I can run; even if I don't enjoy every mile, I love how I feel when I've finished. I love how strong I feel. I love the new places I can shop. I love being noticed. I love knowing that I can do this. No matter how slow or painful it may be, I know I can do this.
imsexydamnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:50 PM   #42  

You know what I REALLY hate? Thin people that just dont understand about overeating/eating disorders and think that just a lack of exercise is my problem.
Think that I am overweight because I sit around and be lazy.

I also hate this chick at work. She eats mcdonalds for breakfast and lunch everyday at work and never gains a pound. I dont really hate her just resent I think lol
bethmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:54 PM   #43  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I hate skinny people who constantly call themselves fat just to get attention. It's annoying. Then they pretend to be watchful of their food intake, give it up, then get back, give it up and you see where I'm going with this. I also really hate it when I have to hear other people's self-loathing. It's not attractive and it makes me want to screammmm!!!!

Ahhh that felt good.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:01 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnigummi View Post
I hate skinny people who constantly call themselves fat just to get attention. It's annoying. Then they pretend to be watchful of their food intake, give it up, then get back, give it up and you see where I'm going with this. I also really hate it when I have to hear other people's self-loathing. It's not attractive and it makes me want to screammmm!!!!

Ahhh that felt good.
Hahaha.

I used to be one of those annoying skinny people. I probably would want to give my former self a good b!tch slap now!
Old 06-20-2007, 01:01 PM   #45  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
I have a chihuahua... but he gets tired out every time I run and wants to take a nap after, like, 5 seconds... not to mention he's too busy barking at everything and everyone else.

LMAO thats exactly why i can't take my dog out much she wants to act so fierce she's a toy fox terrior and doesnt bite but bark's like she want to eat you alive LOL
i REALLY want to get out and run im just to darn lazy after work and a little embarresed i just moved to a city where EVERYONE runs ( and looks like ken and barbie) i mean even the seniors look freaking HOT so baby steps i guess
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote