Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 12:21 AM   #16  

Wow this is great! I was praying that I would see some new posts so I could post back unstead of being tempted to snack. I will WI sunday I am praying for some kind of loss. No news from the DR today I was busy or I would have call him back. I will call thursday. I am so happy today I found a gift I was thinking I wasn't going to be able to find the holiday Barbie has been disc and my Target is out and wasn't going to get more in. I went across town and found a Target with one and while I was there I got a lot of stuff on clearance! That made my day!

Wilma-Will keep your son in my prayers! All that hard work will pay off someday. I know what you mean about the mud! I make the kids come through the garage and leave the shoes in the garage.

Joanne-My tree in the family room is the one that has all my old orrnaments on it. One of the ones that always makes me smile is this silly gumball one my DH bought from a gumball mach our first christmas(we married Dec20th) it is ugly pompom thing with a ring through its nose! He gave it to me as a joke. I thought he liked it so I put it on the tree afraid I would hurt his feeling if I didn't and he thought I liked it so he didn't say anything. I didn't find out until years later that we both thougt it was ugly!

ecmom-Yeah!!!! You are doing great! With all this great support we can do it!

Blessing to you and I am lifting you up in prayer for an OP day!
Sami
Old 12-06-2001, 10:08 AM   #17  
Quit counting at 45!

Look at this - we made it to page 2! It's nice to see people posting again. Please continue posting. There are still quite a few out there who haven't posted yet. Please come back. We need you and need to know your prayer requests also.

I had an excellent day yesterday. I behaved in my WOE! I kept busy after work until supper and then spent the evening putting up the tree and getting the house decorated for Christmas. It looks really nice and smells great too! I did the tree in glittery snowflakes and gold and white ornaments along with white lights. It looks quite elegant.

Sami: Isn't it great when you find exactly what you're looking for? I live in a small community that's 2 hours away from the closest mall. I find it very difficult to find what people are asking for Christmas. I am praying for you and your test results.

Guthchie: It sounds like your tree is a real memory tree. That's so neat. It's also difficult to stay OP during the Christmas season. It's okay to indulge a bit as long as we get back at it after Christmas. Lots of activity is good too!

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 12-06-2001, 11:06 AM   #18  
burned out bus driver

Good morning sisters in the Lord!
Today is very busy for me- so I doubt I will get to leave a long post until tonite (or maybe later).
All your Christmas trees sound wonderful!!! We are going to get ours this weekend, Lord willing. It will be our first real tree in 17 years. Sami, congrats on your shopping victory. (I have so much to do yet.) Wilma- good job yesterday!!!!!! It can be so hard to stay on plan, yet you are doing well. I am happy for you. Joanne- my advice to you is to plan, plan and plan your eating! I allow myself one "excursion" a day from WW- where I allow a treat, so that I do not feel deprived. For Thanksgiving, I made this totally yummy pie for dessert that was 4 points a serving- and walked away from all the other bad stuff. It worked for me- but I know that each day, is a struggle. What is that hymn, "I need Thee every hour!".
Off to a busy day. Dd's bday party is tomorrow, so I have lots to do!
Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 12-07-2001, 07:49 AM   #19  

Blessing this wonderful Morning!
I did call the Dr yesterday and was put on hold for 10 min and then they came back and said they would call me right back and never did! I went shopping again yesterday and I am getting closer to being done. I have been very blessed and have gotten almost everything on sale! Please keep my friend Kent in your prayers he was out of town for work and had a bad gallbladder attack and he will be having surgery today because it is so bad he can't make the trip home. So that means his family has to go out of town to be with him.
CE-Happy Birthday to your DD! Let us know how the tree hunting goes!
Wilma-Your tree sounds Wonderful! And Way to go on an OP day.
I did't even realize that I also stayed OP thurs until I read your post! This Post is really helping even when Im not thinking about staying OP it must still be in my mind!
Blessing this day,
Sami
Old 12-07-2001, 10:04 AM   #20  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

How is everyone doing today? I had a really good OP day yesterday again. I sure hope I can keep this up. It would be nice to be down a few pounds before Christmas.

Sami: All this waiting for the doc must be frustrating. It may also be good news for you. Still praying! WTG on staying OP without knowing it. It means that its becoming a lifestyle for you.

ECMOM: It's great that you can make allowances for indulgences once in a while. I do it by having a salad at lunch if I am going out for supper. My goal is to get my veggies in and if I have to do it all at lunch that's what I do.

Have a wonderful day! Hello to all who have been lurking and aren't posting. Come back. We need you and miss you!
Old 12-07-2001, 10:05 PM   #21  

Default Great Weekend Girls!

Happy Friday everyone!
I don't know about your locations, but today in Southern Ontario the sun shone brightly with just the right crispness in the air.
The perfect day to saddle our Classy and go up the road for a ride.
There is nothing as wonderful as sitting atop a beautiful Bay Quarter Horse, sunshine in your face, leisurely riding up a country road. Our Lord is Wonderful ! Did I tell you girls that my Classy was a "gift"? Yes, a free horse given to me simply because our local vets assistant knew we'd love her, and treat her kind.
Our Lord knew my life long dream of horse ownership, also knew we'd never have the cash for such a well schooled animal. In God's timing Classy came to live with us! I give God the praise for everything in my life!

I hope you all have a grand weekend.
I will be tested tomorrow with our first Christmas party complete with awesome food. I shall think of you all, and be strong!
Take care, God Bless.

Sister Joanne
Old 12-08-2001, 01:15 AM   #22  

Blessing to all!
It was a sunny and spring like day here in Indy. I don't ever remember the weather being like this in Dec but I have to addmit is sure is a blessing on my heat bill I had to turn my furnace off again(I had it on because it had been cool with the rains a few days but now it is so hot with it on I had to turn it back off. I was doing great today until I got to work and It was bring your favorite christmas treats then I gave in and had a little bit but I did try to work it off!

Joanne-Wow a gift horse! God really blessed you with a speical gift!

Wilma-Way to go on another day OP. I did hear from the Dr today and the test looks good. Of course they left a message so I didn't have a chance to ask What now so I will have to call Monday.

I will Post more tomorrow!~
Have a blessed day!
Sami
Old 12-08-2001, 11:15 AM   #23  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Saturday Morning Hello!

It's a lazy day here so far today. I made scrambled eggs and coffee for breakfast. I need to get moving. I have to make a lasagna for a valley wide youth banquet tonight. Other than that there's the usual cleaning, baking, etc.

I had a pretty good day yesterday too. I did have a small piece of cheesecake at work for lunch and a few taco chips in the evening. It's been 3 days since I've had nothing to eat between after work and supper. It seems to be the only way I can keep from eating everything in sight.

Sami: I'm so happy to hear that you have good news from the doc. Praise the Lord!

Gutchie: The Lord really blessed you with that horse. What enjoyment you must be getting from him. The Lord does care about our deepest desires. I hope you do well at the Christmas party. Everything in moderation.

ECMOM: I hope your day is going well also. Be healthy!!

It's a little warmer out there today. When you live on the Canadian prairies you have to expect it to get cold. Our furnace has run off and on for the past month already. We also have a bit of snow on the ground although not enough for ds who can hardly wait to fire up the snowmobile!!

Have a super day! I don't know if I'll be able to post tomorrow but I'll try. We have a football awards banquet to go to tomorrow so more food to deal with!!
Old 12-10-2001, 10:23 AM   #24  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Monday Morning!

Good Morning! I hope you all had a great weekend. We sure did. It was fun and relaxing. Saturday night we served at a youth Christmas banquet. It was a lot of fun. Then on Sunday we went to DS football awards banquet. DS won the Coach's Choice award. I'm very proud of him. He's a good kid and deserved it.

I thought I had done quite well with my WOE until I weighed in this am. I am still the same. I guess that's better than gaining. I know that exercise is the key and I need to find something to do indoors in the winter.

Have a super day! Don't forget to post!
Old 12-10-2001, 08:14 PM   #25  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!
This will have to be brief. Tensions here at my house have been running high- I have been trying awful hard to be a peacemaker here (not so sure that it is working!!). Done some stress eating also , but I have gotten my walk in, water and eaten a bit off plan, but I do not think it will have catastrophic results.
I had better sign off. Dd is growling for the computer, Dh is just growling in general! I will check back in later and read your posts to catch up. Thanks for listening!
Ginny
Old 12-11-2001, 12:12 AM   #26  

Good evening,
What a weekend! It is looking like Christmas at work! I will be helping the overnight crew out the next two weekends and work overnight. It is very physical and I hope it will help me get started losing weight! I did WI and I am the same like Wilma I guess we have to look at the bright side at least we have not gained!
I am sorry this is short but it is late and I am feeling sick I think it was something I ate.
Lifting you in prayer!
Sami
Old 12-11-2001, 10:44 AM   #27  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
I am at work, so this is just a quick hello.
Sami- that is great news that your work has picked up. I hope that you are feeling better.
Our house, messy as it is, is starting to look like Christmas. Of course the cat knocked over the tree yesterday (I needed that) and I am hoping that until I get home blocking it in with furniture will prevent that now.
Off to a good start with my eating today. Please pray for my Dh and Dd. Dh's frame of mind is bad- there is no joy in his life and his job has incredible amounts of stress. I fear for his health, both mental and physical. I try to be cheerful and uplifting around him and to be a peacemaker in the family (with the Lord's help!)
Gotta go. Wishing all of you a blessed day.
Ginny
Old 12-11-2001, 01:26 PM   #28  
Quit counting at 45!

Ginny: I'm definitely praying for you and your dh. This season adds to the stress that's already there. It's neat that you make an extra effort to lift him up. I'm sure he appreciates it.

Sami: I'm also glad that you have more work and keeping busy is the best way to stay out of the food. You're right - maintaining is better than gaining.

It sounds like we're all getting closer to being ready for Christmas. I still have a couple of gifts to buy and then I'm finished.

Our pastor asked an interesting question last Sunday. "If you took the food, gifts, decorations, etc. out of your Christmas preparations would there still be something to celebrate?"

It got me thinking about the busy-ness and made me think more about the fact that Jesus did come to earth for me.

Have a super day!!
Old 12-11-2001, 11:36 PM   #29  
burned out bus driver

Good evening,
Today ended up a bit better, someone had to have been praying for us!!!!!!!! Thanks Wilma! Dd and Dh were still edgy and actually things could have gotten worse, but at least now they are talking,which is more than they did last nite. Dh and the stress issue is a real long term thing- he has a hard time leaving burdens at the Lords feet and always wants to try to fix them himself (his professional life is that of a "fixer" and it carries over into our home life. A lot of the time he has a hard time accepting that we cannot fix much on our own, and have to leave it to the Lord to fix). We went to Ds's basketball game tonite. He played well, but not enough (the coach is not exactly a fair individual) so there wass that disappointment to deal with too.

Sami- I am so glad to hear that your tests came out well. Did you get any details yet? How are you feeling?

Wilma- how do you manage doing a lot of baking and not eating all the goodies! (my major baking will start this weekend, and I wonder how I will do resisting the goodies!) It is wonderful that you are almost done with your shopping. I will need next week to complete mine, but at least I am getting there. What your pastor said was a real eye opener. Just think of the freedom we would have to just celebrate the birth of Jesus if all the extra stuff was taken away! A simple birth in a manger. And the biggest triumph that the world has ever and will ever know.
Praise God for that!!!!!

I had better get some sleep. I WI tomorrow. I really want to get below 160 by Christmas, so I had better get serious.
Have a great night.
Ginny
Old 12-12-2001, 01:35 AM   #30  

Good evening to all,
Today went well except I had a bad headache. I have so much to be thankful for this Christmas. Last year at this time was so bad I was in alot of pain and my dd was causing us alot of heartache. And this year we are doing well I feel better than I have in 10yrs (I am so thankful for my Dr who listened and did my surgery) and God even answered my prayers and my DD is dating a wonderful guy (lost the loser) and they are planning on getting married! I can go on and on with all the blessing....

Ginny-I forget how old is your DD? I know how hard it is to have a teen! Is your DD the oldest? In my house My DD would go behind my back and get her dad to say yes. I will be lifting your family up in prayers. Just remember that your DD is acting out due to surging hormones!

Wilma-Reading your post made me think about all I have to be thankful for. Even if I didn't have the food or the other gifts I know that out Dear Lord has blessed me even before I ask!

The one thing I find sad at this time of year is how many employees they catch stealing. Last year the week before Christmas they arrested 5 in one day. And this week alone they have arrested 2 and one of them I really liked.

Have a blessed Day!
Sami
Closed Thread