Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 06:40 PM   #16  

I am here! I have not been OP in any way, shape or form -- I am savoring the taste of food in my last five weeks before starting the liquid fast. I have to get myself exercising again, because that will very much influence how long I ultimately end up doing Opti Fast. I haven't been drinking enough water since Ramadan started -- just not enough hours in the day to get water in, it seems. At any rate, I have all my appointments set up next month to get started with Opti Fast (did I say this already? forgive my senility). I'm psyched. I think I may get an aerobics video to ensure I exercise even when cowering indoors from the c-c-c-cold. I just can't use my stationery bike every day -- it hurts my back and it's just boring, even if I read while using it.

I have Mouse Wrist right now -- I guess it's tendonitis from overuse, and it hurts to type, so I'm going to go. I will keep checking in, though -- sorry you guys felt so alone!
Old 11-27-2001, 07:46 PM   #17  
Hot Stuff

Hi girls. Sorry, I've been preoccupied. My friend who had been injured this summer is still MIA. I called his house today and his brother was there....the heaviness of his tone and the deep sighs...he was struggling not to tell me anything he thought he shouldn't. He couldn't tell me when my friend would be back home or where he was or how I could reach him. I know something is really wrong. I dreamed of him all night last night, and anytime I dream of someone in my real life there's something major going on with them. Sounds flaky, but it's a family trait and I know if anyone out there would understand it would be some of you. Anyway, I asked the brother to get him to e-mail me. I did get an e-mail, but it just said sorry, he has been busy and will talk to me soon. That is so out of character and a load of bull. I love this guy more than any other friend I have, and it's killing me that he's shutting me out. I've e-mailed him this evening, but if he's not checking his e-mail I won't be getting a response. I may just have to land on his doorstep to find out what's going on....and I just might do that.

Although I really couldn't care less right now, my dress fits for the party next Friday. I tried it on this weekend.

I hope you will all forgive me if I'm not around for a bit to support you. I wish you all the best, I'm just not great company or support right now.
Old 11-27-2001, 08:06 PM   #18  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Wildfire-I completely believe in your power of dreams. I am sure they are hiding something from you, and it will drive you nuts until he is ready to tell you what it is. I do wish you some peace in this most troubleing situation! Thanks for letting us know you are okay!

Ruthie-did you have a good holiday? Go ahead enjoy your food. Try not to gain, just focus on maintaining. I wish I could find Susan Powter step video that came out a million years ago. I actually enjoyed that one. I rented it from the library until the tape was so overused it wasn't rentable anymore.

Well, I splurged on lunch so I am not the least bit hungry for dinner but I don't want to be starving at 1 am like last night so I will go steam some veggies in a bit. (what was for lunch? 2 bites of scrambled eggs, cornbeef hash, hash browns, 1 piece of ww toast w/ marg and jelly) Gotta behave for the next couple days, that was a wallop of a calorie splurge! ~flower
Old 11-27-2001, 08:35 PM   #19  
deleted2

Wildfire, I understand your being preoccupied. Nothing can get to you like being worried about someone you love. Thanks for checking in though. [and I know it's not at the top of your list but a big WOO HOO on your dress fitting!]

Great to hear from you, Ruthie. I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventure in January! And any adventures you have before then of course!

Thanks for doing the food journal with me, Flower. Look like you're about back up to speed with your fruit/ veg. intake!

Made boxwood wreathes at work today. We have our Victorian Christmas programs next week. I always look forward to it but it's stressful because there's lots of details to keep up with. Next week will be challenging for me because I'll be working lots of extra hours--I'm determined to do an abbreviated workout everyday and stay on my food plan though.
I had 3 forbidden cookies today and walked 2 extra miles on the treadmill so no worries, those extra calories were incinerated!

Old 11-28-2001, 08:36 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Hey I love you guys!!!!

Four words....

Finals and Check offs

I will be here as soon as possible!!!!

Hugs to you all,
Amy
Old 11-28-2001, 09:51 AM   #21  
you can call me flower

No sweat Amy, we know how finals are. I am actually in charge of writing a new final for one of the teachers I am a lab for. It will be so much fun!

I emailed Summer and she emailed me back. She is alive and well. Her "sex toy" sales have skyrocketed!!! She has only had one weekend off since she started and her free time is nonexisistant. She says she is still 15 pounds from goal and she'll be back someday because without us, she doesn't loose! A special hi to Wildfire and Ruthie. She likes us, she really likes us!

Anyways, I am in the process of getting the kids ready so we can go to the store. Ri needs cash for a field trip and we are yet again out of bread, pb, jelly and milk. The story of our life!!! I will check back in tonight after work. Ta ta for now! ~flower
Old 11-28-2001, 03:03 PM   #22  

Hey all again...

I made 4's on my check-off's and a 95 on my final clinical grade.

I did so well I treated myself to another peircing ... I got the cartilage done in my ear today... HURT like a !@)*#$)*... then he had to put the needle through again and it HURT like @)$*&@#& again.... Looks cool though. That is one down.. I have Physical Assessment check-off's on Friday and then nothing but tests for the next week and a half .... So far I have A's in all but one class and I have to make a minimum of a 94 on each test in that class to make it an A so... Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Hope that everyone is doing better than I am with their eating because right now mine sucks!!!!! I have got to run and clean house.

Amy
Old 11-28-2001, 03:43 PM   #23  

I participated in a Chapel service at my school today. My friend who is a Wiccan and who is going to be a Unitarian pastor was preaching. I wrote a song that she wanted to use in the service, so I got to sing it. I would like to share the words with you:

Embracing Night

I walk into the night
And feel a sweet caress.
Your dark arms reach out to embrace me.
My soul opens to the starry sky.
The gentle breeze moves upon me.

I walk into the night
Enveloped by your love.
Your sweet breath draws near as a whisper.
My heart searching to receive your smile.
The night world sings a song of pleasure.

Oh delight of the night
and radiance of day.
Oh Wisdom, Goddess, God.
I walk into the night
And take the night into myself
And I search for peace.
And I search for hope.
And I find love.
Old 11-28-2001, 07:17 PM   #24  
you can call me flower

Fran-that was nice, thanks for sharing.

It is cold here. I finally turned on the heat. For the last 5 days we had just been burning logs, but when the house reads 57 degrees, you must say f it!

I have no modivation except to crawl into bed and do crossword puzzles! I may just do that! Congrats on the scores AMy. And WF-I bet you'll look wonderful in your holiday dress! ~flower
Old 11-28-2001, 07:37 PM   #25  
Must Shrink.

That's wonderful, Fran.

L
Old 11-29-2001, 05:42 AM   #26  
deleted2

Thanks, Fran!

How's everyone feeling as we head into the holidays--feeling strong? Thru the month it would be nice if we could share strategies on what keeps us from eating all the reindeer cookies and fudge! Anybody have any fool-proof tips or ways to at least find that happy medium?

Old 11-29-2001, 08:50 AM   #27  
you can call me flower

I try to remember how lousy I can feel after eatting junk all day. That takes the edge off the grazing not so wonderful snacks. But the wonderful stuff (you know, the favorites) I have my piece early in the day so I do not think about it all day long and then go big on the veggies for dinner. I haven't made any goodies in years. I think I will bake this year. But I will only make a few of my favorites. The other stuff will be stuff everyone else likes! And I will gift wrap most of it right away so I can't get into it. I also get major heartburn after a chocolate feast of fudge or brownies so 2 pieces is my max in 24 hours. Nothing tastes that good to be miserable! ~flower
Old 11-30-2001, 06:24 AM   #28  

Hey gals. I really should be finishing the typing I couldn't finish last night because I had a migraine, but i wanted to rescue our thread from the bottom of the page!

Beautiful poem, Fran; Amy congrats on the grades.

Everyone sounds like they're doing well, holiday season or no. Actually, there hasn't been a lot of junk around my office yet, surprisingly -- well, I should say more junk than usual. I generally don't eat their goodies anyways. I'm self-conscious about eating, especially since I got fat.

I have been working on visualizing this fast and gradually fitting into my old clothes. I think I mentioned before I have a fat closet and a thin closet. Right now I'm in size 16, and the thin closet has clothes going from 14 to 10 to 8 to 6 to 4. As I fit into the new ones, I'm going to throw the fat ones away. Hopefully visualizing all this will make it work for me.

Got to go, everyone keep up the good work!
Old 11-30-2001, 07:30 AM   #29  

Ruthie ~ You have to realize that 16 isn't all that big but I do understand about the fat clothes to thin clothes. I save such few of my thin clothes that I have had to completely re-buy a whole new wardrobe but once I was completely below a 12 I got rid of every thing that was big - except for my real expensive dress clothes (not many of those) an like 3 pairs of pants that you can wear really loose (ie a pair of loose cut levi's, and 2 pair of carpenter pants).... I had one pair of the carpenter pants on Tuesday and Skye was like Mom those pants are like 5 sizes too big but it makes me feel good to reflect!

Well I have check-offs at 8AM so I have to go.. Wish me luck because I am not ready for these.

Amy
Old 11-30-2001, 10:32 PM   #30  
you can call me flower

I guess the upgrade erased my mornings entry. That about sucks big time! I spent 2.5 hours at the DMV after running errands all day. I splurged on McDonalds fillet o fish and fries. I have to go clean, my dad is coming over on Sunday. ~flower
Closed Thread