UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:19 AM   #16  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

How about listening to the radio on the internet? I get useless reception in this room so I listen on the internet all the time.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:38 AM   #17  

lol, those pesky laws do get in the way at times, I almost killed my boss, thankfully I resigned first.
I'll try saying hello one more time then I will give up.
bigbonedlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:47 AM   #18  

Welcome Big boned lass - where are you from? Have you been lurking for a while or just come to us now?? Any regime you are on?

Actually Sarah Ann - I meant the web - not the radio. It used to annoy me when I listened to the Archers and had to wait half an hour to hear what Ed had got up to this week!!!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:49 AM   #19  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann View Post
Hi BigBonedLass and
Bigbonedlass, don't get upset - I did welcome you.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:53 AM   #20  

Ta peacock, just been lurking today! lost 4.5 stone. Regime - eating better, exersise bike (on my 3rd, killed 2 of em!) trying not to lapse, findin it a bit tough at the mo.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:55 AM   #21  

Quote:
Bigbonedlass, don't get upset - I did welcome you.

I know duckie, and thanx!!!!

I was being a bit cheeky with peacock

Old 11-28-2006, 10:57 AM   #22  

big boned lass- Cool! Well done! That's about what I should lose to be at the upper end of my scale. A daunting prospect. I must start exercising. I actually like aerobics and bum n'tums I just never get around to it even though we have a sports centre at work.

Anyway, well done with the loss so far.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:00 AM   #23  

Talking Sorry bigboned lass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbonedlass View Post
I know duckie, and thanx!!!!

I was being a bit cheeky with peacock

Yeah I was guilty of not saying hello - sorry about that. The boards sometimes go along at a whizzy rate and I forgot to say Welcome. YOu must pop back and tell us all about you.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:06 AM   #24  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hello BBL....

Music, I don't get to PO'd really, I'm quite a nice natured person...(I'm fibbing probably) but I LOVE LOVE LOVE anything from bon Jovi and if I'm down, PO'd or happy, that always sorts everything for me.

I haven't heard of many of the people you've said, must have lived here to long now, have heard of scissor sisters and sugarbabes..not heard any of their music though.

I moslty like rock, but I listen to a lot of country music to, that always relaxes me, not the old fashioned twangy stuff, the new modern stuff like Toby Keith, Faith Hill, Keith Urban etc. I'll listen to moslty anything apart from, (don't even know what's it's called) but J was into it a few years back and all I could hear was noise...drove me nuts and I banned it from the car.
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:29 AM   #25  

Cheers, A couple of years ago I'd barely walk around the block. That's why I started with something private, like the bike. I just thrashed away at it for half an hour a day, I forced myself when i really didn't want to, until one day I realised I genuinely felt better when i'd done it.
Keep going.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:34 AM   #26  

hi britinNJ,

I'm a nice natured person, my boss unfortunately really was not!!!

Never been the America, always thought Cape Cod sounded lovely.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:40 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 222/197/132

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, bigbonedlass, from what I've read it sounds like you have quite an issue with your ex-boss!

I love listening to stuff like the Rocky soundtrack, just makes me picture Sly working out and makes me want to do the same rather than eat rubbish. Usually I just put any old rubbish on though, and distract myself with showing the neighbours how badly I sing.

Feeling pretty scunnered today, still doing exam revision and I've really had enough. Also, sitting at home all day is not conducive to losing weight. Only one week to go and I'll be done with learning about why we age, thank the heavens!!!
wana wear a bikini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:09 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Hi Bigbonedlass

If I want to put myself in a really good mood I listen to Miss Riddle by Boz Scaggs, I just love it. Cd wise I'm loving the singles collection by Deacon Blue and also the hits of Sugababes. I like the Amy Winehouse cd and have just got the Jamiroquai singles collection but not heard it yet.
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:18 PM   #29  

[QUOTE=wana wear a bikini;1483044]Welcome, bigbonedlass, from what I've read it sounds like you have quite an issue with your ex-boss!

Hi there, yep i sure did, she was a bully, the one thing i can't stand, and often poked fun at my weight, i'd had enough of that at school. So eventually i rather lost my temper.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:20 PM   #30  

Quote:
Much to my shame I also like the Scissor Sisters I refuse to buy their CDs but I'm spending a fortune downloading the individual tracks.

Don't ever be ashamed of the SS.

I like Amy Winehouse I like back to black it's lovely and miserable and makes me feel like I've just drunk my weight in wine.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote