UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 04:40 PM   #136  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Birthday Sarah...don't worry about those scales, you've done so fab so far and tomorrow you'll be back to being super duper again Keep on partying and enjoy every second.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #137  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Happy Birthday Sarah!

I'm back! We all managed the run and got round in one piece (unlike some people who collapsed mid way round with the heat) but it was VERY VERY hot.

The good news is... I have pictures! And I've found a running top I have to buy!

Fantastic weekend away, and I think that the running bug has well and truly taken hold

Last edited by YP1; 06-11-2006 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Happy birthday Sarah

Hope you had a lovely day.

Goodnight godbless

Michele x x x
Old 06-11-2006, 06:06 PM   #139  
Gym'll fix it!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sarah Ann
Old 06-12-2006, 02:30 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Birthday Sarah!
Old 06-12-2006, 03:54 AM   #141  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Happy Birthday Sarah!

I think the running bug has got us all! I think I might start running early in the morning - but just for 20 minutes or so - I seem to be waking up early so I might's well make use fo the time!

We picked up the parents from King's Cross last night - they are buying a car in Camberly today so they just stayed over last night so they can drive home today. We went out to a pub for Sunday Roast in the evening, however I was still stuffed from all that Pizza and Ice Cream, so I had a diet coke! I was saying to Kylie how far we'd all come. It would've only been a few weeks ago that I would've ordered a roast dinner anyway, just because everyone else was having one and I wouldn't want to feel awkward for not eating and not being sociable. But you know, no-one really batted an eyelid and I was far happier not eating than I would've felt had I eaten. Hooray for the new me!

When we got home, we all had fresh strawberries that I'd bought in Waitrose and they were delish!

Not much else to report, but if anyone buys Closer (issue 10-16th June) "Brave Tilly" has a 2 page spread and there's a photo of her in her frame, and with the Tango Twins, oops, sorry, Posh n Becks. See Posh's fake smile. I have the DVD of the TV program but I don't know if I can stomach it. I've still had no thanks from the family... Not that I'm bitter, but "Posh made my dancing dream come true!"
Old 06-12-2006, 03:57 AM   #142  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I bought Closer for the train back so I could see Tilly! The woman who doesn't cook annoyed me though, saying ready meals are "healthier than cooking yourself because they say how many calories they have in them". Aaarrrrggghhh.

My legs are fine this morning, although I'm wishing the weather could have been more like this yesterday - it's actually raining a bit but still hot. I did half an hour of weights and a half hour swim this morning.

There's a Sweaty Betty in the Trafford Centre. Guess what I might accidentally drive past on Sunday - I can get the top online but only in a 14, so I might just pop in to see if they have it in store before ordering it...
Old 06-12-2006, 04:01 AM   #143  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

Ohhh Sarah, Sorry it's late, but Happy Birthday!

Well, I completed my Race For Life yesterday in 1 hour and 4 and a bit minutes. Not bad for me! I feel really chuffed that I did it.

Photo!
I'm the one on the left... jealous of my hat ain'tcha? The one in the middle is Mary, Smiler53 on here that I work with!

Mands xxx
Old 06-12-2006, 04:04 AM   #144  
aka Superwoman!

Mands, I can't see your picture, but I'm sure you looked great! Well done on your Race for Life!

YP, I will keep my eyes peeled for a "skinny jeans" running top next time I am in Sweaty Betty down here... I've a feeling they might be coming to the end of line, but I can always try! Won't be out in the town till a week on Saturday probably, but I will have a look then if you can't find it! I'm just fitdaying my pizza...
Old 06-12-2006, 05:24 AM   #145  

2 frus - that is a nice pic of you!

Your Grannie sounds very modern doesn't she??!

I am with you on the fake tan thing. I would rather be pale. I used to do fake tan to stop myself from trying to tan as I always went rather red but I did manage to get brown on my last holiday in September and to be honest I think I still have a bit of a tan on my arms and legs. No one would know unless they knew me really well cos I look pale but not as pale as normal!

Howevr I am not going to risk a fake tan.

I didn't go out the weekend. I wanted to go to the park but was unwell and felt too hot to get there so the nearest I got was down the road to get some shopping. Why am I the only person in the city with a sweaty shiny face??:!! So embarassing! I am not sure if they are hot flushes as I guess I am peri-menopausal but have been like this for ages. Always been a sweaty betty. So embarrising when lining up at a shop counter and having to wipe my face. It does nto just trickle, I get the full Tsunami effect!!!! I am so glad I no longer commute by tube. Everyone would look at me, I would try to hide my face in a book and the pages would go soggy!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 05:28 AM   #146  
aka Superwoman!

Mand your pic is working now! I am digging the hat

It is very very isn't it? I dunno what you can do about your sweaty bits? But I wouldn't worry too much, everyone else is too busy feeling hot and sweaty themselves.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:41 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Congratulations to everyone that finished their runs this weekend - fantastic achievements .

Also, belated Happy Birthday to Sarah

I didn't do any real formal exercise this weekend, but I did help my sister move out of her university accomodation, first floor room to first floor room. We had two cars full of stuff after 5 years of living away, and my god it was hot I think I probably did enough exercise going up and down stairs to allow me to rest for a week! But no, I am going to be back running this evening on (still) week 1 of the couch to 5k programme. I was so unfit to start with and it is so hot, that I think I will start off slowly doing 2 weeks at each stage to start with.

The good news is that I have lost 3lbs this week, which means that I have reached my first mini goal of losing 1/2 stone before my parents came back from holiday and I give them back the dogs I think I'll ask if they want me to continue walking them though, as I have quite enjoyed it and it is a great excuse to be out exercising.

I'm so glad that I managed to lose something while they were away. My mum is really keen and supportive of me losing weight, but somehow the way she says it just saps all my enthusiasm and motivation. It has been easier on my own, so now I just have to keep it up!
Old 06-12-2006, 05:53 AM   #148  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Morning Everyone

Its amazing that I'm still here. I was on the stationary bike doing my HIIT cardio this morning - I had my eyes closed and was headphones on listening to some nice heavy rock (it helps me workout better) so I was in my own little zone, it was roasting hot in there, the resistance on the bike has been turned as high as it will go so I was REALLY working hard with sweat pouring off me and I was 30 seconds in to my 10 when DH decided to sneak up behind me to give me a bearhug cuddle - I got the shock of my life, I thought my heart was going to stop. I ended up having to lie down on the floor until my pulse had got down to somewhere reasonable.

DH thought it was funny!

Apart from that... I wish I hadn't eaten all that food yesterday because my tummy is playing up. Someone brought along some lovely little mini pizzas - made of English muffins sliced sideways, lightly toasted then rubbed with garlic - topped with skinned, seeded and chopped tomatoes, basil leaves, roughly chopped olives and diet mozzarella, then grilled until the cheese melts. VERY, VERY delish - reasonably low fat - but maybe I shouldn't have eaten four.....

Homersmummy, well done on your walk - it must have been boiling.

Peacock 2 - did you try the soya yet - it really helps.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:09 AM   #149  

Hi Sarah Ann - Is the hubby in the dog house???

Yes I am trying the soya thingies from Boots but have only got them about 2 weeks ago. I am wondering what the chinese stuff was that you mentioned some powder stuff? I must get to Chinatown. I am dead jealous that a workmate spent most of the weekend in her neice's pool. I hope she got wrinkled!!! I was feeling lousy cos too hot and TOM.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:52 AM   #150  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I know its no consolation now but the menopausal stuff does die down eventually. My problem was mainly at night - I was like a furnace and the flushes used to wooooshhhhhh up from the back of my knees to the top of my head about every half hour. The soy did help and the ground up soy drink stuff helped even more. Perhaps you could finely grind up some soy beans and see if that works - I think thats probably all that the drink stuff was.

Actually anything with soy in helped - I did have a recipe for an okay tasting drink made out of whizzed up silken tofu (I think!)

If we go back near the Chinese supermarket again I'll try and remember to stop in and get some for you.
Closed Thread