UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-08-2005, 02:24 PM   #46  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I could continue soliciting I guess, but I'd need insurance which is expensive.

I've identified two main advantages of the job - 35 days holiday a year and gym membership for £45 per year! I pay £40 per month at the moment

And job satisfaction, of course

The application form is half written, and I've not got too much to lose I guess. If I get it then I'm clearly right for it, I'll trust their judgement.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 01:40 AM   #47  

You'll be far too busy writing articles for journals to even consider soliciting, as you work towards your PhD and professorship!!!!!

I am pleased to report that whilst I have given up the gym for the last two weeks, almost, to tidy up our house ready for our inspection, that the box room is looking fab, floor has been sighted, and I might even have it all done by January. My plan is to have all my craft stuff set up, but enough room to store an exercise ball and a trampoline for those days that the gym is just not going to happen.

I am really tired today though, and I'm coming down with a cold and no one cares Least of all MOTH who hasn't done anything to help with preparing for the visit of the landlords, and is not in my good books. Slug soup for dinner tonight methinks!!!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 03:59 AM   #48  
Pending Email Confirmation

Good morning people.... I have my appointment this morning at the hospital for my retinal eye screening! for the diabeties... great stuff!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:55 AM   #49  

Is it wrong that the word soliciting makes me laugh?

Have a nice time at the hospital Alison!
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:05 AM   #50  

I am back, it was fine, I was home within 30 minutes of getting there... it was so quick!

Veggie I love the new siggy it's great!
Old 11-09-2005, 01:24 PM   #51  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Poor kyk! I hope you're feeling better!

I've been in the car all day, we've been to a place near Stoke On Trent. I was really expecting to come home and be all revved up for a jog but I just don't want to any more! Plus it's dark out and MOTH is going to be home late so I don't want to go out on my own.

I have to pack for Japan tonight. Get the flight socks out!

I have been subjected to Wimpy's for lunch as well. I'm not impressed!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #52  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie
Is it wrong that the word soliciting makes me laugh?
No, that's the purpose of the word

(to this day I still chuckle at the time my mate went to look round a house, and landlady really did interpret solicitor as someone who solicits for certain illicit pleasures rather than being a lawyer).

Bought a new suit today in Next which I'm very pleased with - it will finally stop me wearing my old size 18 one.

And I got an email from the senior partner (former president of the Law Society no less) praising some work I did for him

Still running, eating good stuff etc, it gets a bit boring to repeat sometimes but better than getting depressed because I messed up.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:46 PM   #53  

Oh good I thought it was just me.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:55 PM   #54  

Soliciting in the other way would probably be more lucrative!!!

We've not heard from the landlord, so hopefully the inspection went well. Colin dragged me to the switch on of the Christmas lights in Manchester. Leigh Fromblue was there, oh joy and excitement. Embarassingly I had a major panic attack, not had one for years, just too many scary people there, and loud noises. I burst into tears! Or maybe it was Leigh Fromblue's singing that did it!!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 03:58 PM   #55  

I did wonder who 'Leigh Fromblue' was for a minute I nearly googled the name! It probably was his singing.

I rejoined fat club! Again! I only joined about 6 weeks ago but couldn't go for 4 and have just sold my last joining pack on ebay for £21.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:35 PM   #56  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Veggie why did you sell your pack?? But that you've joined again! Where's CAT GONE?

I am all tired out from kickboxing. I've just come home and had a protein shake, and now I need to pack. Ugh! Well at least I'm not packing much, since I plan on spending lots of money
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:25 PM   #57  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Leeds lights were switched on tonight too, we watched the fireworks from the window in the middle of Spanish.

I got my race pack through today for the Abbey Dash so its definitely on. Eek! But my medium t-shirt fits me
Old 11-10-2005, 07:31 PM   #58  

I sold my pack as it is £10 to join and you can get £21 for them on ebay and I get all my holidays/free weeks back rejoining.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:32 AM   #59  

Col and I have this sort of in joke about the infamous Fromblue family, because they are never referred to by their surnames, just Leigh from Blue, Simon from Blue, Duncan from Blue (no one ever talks about t'other one so I don't know his name!!!)

Sort of like the evil version of the Von Trapp's!

Medium t-shirt???? Scary. I have to do the horrible charity t-shirt thing soon, I am working for Children in Need answering the phone and taking pledges, so if you ring you might end up talking to me!!!!!! Well, possibly not as there are 150 in our office alone doing it.

Veggie, you're not just a pretty face!!!!

Frus, enjoy Japan and do some shopping for me!!!! I love Japanese stuff!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 02:43 AM   #60  

I don't know it I mentioned it but another 3lb off this week, can't remember if I posted it here or not!

Morning everyone, hope you all have a good weekend!