UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 09:55 AM   #31  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Cat those jeans were a 16, but I recently went shopping for funeral gear and am really a size 14! MAD! I wear size 12 T shirts, but can't really get away with anything else cos of the big HOOTERS! I've had my hair short for a while it looks a little funkier!

Hey BIGGIRL, why don't you join an aerobics class or something and make friends that way? 2 birds with one stone!
Old 05-05-2005, 10:01 AM   #32  
aka Superwoman!

Oh I forgot to say I had my first exam today and it went really well

I'm off to vote next...
Old 05-05-2005, 10:25 AM   #33  

Yay voting I have beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen. Yes I enjoyed it.

I only ever seen one street in Preston you come out of the station then it's up and down the street with shops then back to the station.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:26 AM   #34  

Oh yes what I meant to post -

I'm not going to fat club I have stayed the same and I need to save money this week
Old 05-05-2005, 02:26 PM   #35  

im not voting.........unless one of the parties has included in its manifesto to make low fat foods cheaper, gyms cheaper, general losing weight easier
seeing as theres no chance of that im not voting
well done on the exam frus.... be careful though youll turn into such a smart cookie youll want to eat yourself
Old 05-05-2005, 03:52 PM   #36  
aka Superwoman!

Hey that might work.... If I could eat my flabby bits... HEY! Isn't that what we do anyway, from the inside...?
Old 05-05-2005, 03:55 PM   #37  

Hi all

Not been around for a while, but I'm back, with a vengence, determination & motivation. So what's happened you ask, well I've got nowhere this year, my healthy eating & exercise hasn't resulted in much, if any, weight loss, mainly cos I wasn't doing the exercise part of it, and then slowly, but surely, I've been adding more and more naughties to my diet, and so my weight is going back up again - what a surprise!! I was totally fed up with it all and didn't want to go back to a proper diet (i.e. counting calories, or points or whatever) and I happened to read a post on another forum (not as good as this forum of course) which has just given me the push I needed.

The post was titled "all the motivation you'll ever need", and was basically about this girls mum who was in her 80's and in hospital and the girl who had posted had said that it hit her that old age will get us all in the end and she didn't want to waste her younger years always dieting and being unhappy, she wanted to enjoy the time before it was too late (it was written much better than that!) It really hit a nerve with me, I've never been happy with my weight - for the last 11 years I've been overweight and been on a constant diet, with my weight yo-yoing up and down, but not too much in the down direction. I'm only talking about 2 to 3 stone, usually around the 2 stone mark, but I've never got back down to my pre-pregnancy weight, which is going back the 11 years. Before that, I was a bit overweight, not much, but the annoying thing is, I didn't realise or appreciate how good I looked. I remember in my 20's hitting 9½ stone and being horrified, and feeling a right fattie! If only I'd realised! 9½ stone is now my goal weight and I would be over the moon to get back down there again, but to get under 10 stone will be just fine and dandy with me.

So what I'm rambling on about is, that I've decided to STOP WASTING TIME (hence the addition to my sig below) and get on with it once and for all. I'm continuing with the healthy eating (minus the extras that have been creeping in) but realy getting going on the exercise front and to that end I've started jogging (am now so stiff I can't even walk - so not feeling too good at this moment in time!) but I jogged yesterday and this morning with my hubby, who's supporting me, even got up at 6 to go out first thing as I just won't get around to it any later in the day!

I am so determined this time, I really feel this is make or break, if I don't do it now, I probably never will. I'm 41, still relatively young, and I'd like to be slim and fit whilst I'm still young enough to enjoy it!

Phew, nuff said. Wish me luck
Old 05-05-2005, 03:59 PM   #38  

good luck dotty............. and youre bound to have burned a few calories typing all that out whew
Old 05-05-2005, 04:05 PM   #39  

hee hee, if only
Old 05-05-2005, 04:09 PM   #40  

i know...........id have the slimmest fingers ever...............all the finger aerobics (typing) i do
Old 05-05-2005, 05:34 PM   #41  
Determined to Lose!!!

WELL DONE DOTTY! Jogging is still a distant dream for me Keep up the fantastic work!
Old 05-06-2005, 03:34 PM   #42  
Gym'll fix it!!

I could have written your "book" myself Dotty its so funny what you said about being nine stone and 'feeling fat" when I was just over eight stone and could swim in a size ten I still thought of myself as fat! now I look at those teeny size 10's and think "was I really that tiny?" Its definitely a self image problem with a lot of us and not just how much we weigh
Old 05-06-2005, 04:08 PM   #43  

But when I get there this time Cat, I really am going to enjoy & appreciate it (I guess now that I know the true meaning of being fat, rather than a smidge, weeny bit overweight!!)
Old 05-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #44  
Gym'll fix it!!

DITTO
Old 05-07-2005, 09:48 AM   #45  

Frus., that is such a gorgeous picture you posted on page 1!! I do not believe you still want to lose as much as you do!! Cor I wish I looked half as good as you do right now!! Well done!! How are the exams going??

Veggie why did I think you hailed from London???

Welcome back to Madame Dotty!! Good post there, my friend and how true for all of us, I imagine!!

Perhaps we all ought to measure our fingers?!
Closed Thread