UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 02:58 PM   #151  

I wanted Moldova to win, the song about the granny that Terry Wogan hated!!!! And I liked the very political Ukraine and Russian entries!!!! I think Javine got a raw deal, no one has ever won it from number two, I sort of liked the song.

I have had a busy day, been swimming, went to Asda (ugh!), came home, went to the gym, came home again, watched two episodes of Dawson's creek on dvd (the last episodes ever) and then did my ironing. Oh what an exciting life I lead.

No eye candy at the gym either
Old 05-22-2005, 03:11 PM   #152  
Determined to Lose!!!

Hi Girls

Hubby tied me down and forced me to watch my first ever Eurovision Song Contest and I gotta tell ya, I had a big ol' headache and felt angry with the world afterwards! lol But, it was fun at first laughing at people... I actually did enjoy Denmark and Malta though (hubby's half Maltese and born there, but I'm NOT biased! lol) Anyway, Malta represented for big girls everywhere! I just wish someone had helped Miss Honey with that fluffy red curtain she wore!!! Question: Where were her friends???? Anyway, the politics did get the best of the votes... how apparent was that when the largest contributors were at the bottom of the leader board? I mean, Javine is no Madonna, BUT I cannot believe that some of thos ridiculous groups beat the UK by sooo much!

Anyway, I'm not sure if I gushed on this board just yet, but I walked 6 miles yesterday!!!! This is a true accomplishment for me because I have always been very anxious about walking (stop laughing!!! lol ) Both my parents are military folk and walk with a quick pace... Ever since I remember walking, I remember being tugged, dragged, and yelled at for walking so slow! lol It caused a great deal of anxiety which lives on to this day! I hate running into someone I know that is going the 'same way' because then I start freaking out about them feeling that I'm 'holding them back' lol Stupid ! know!!!

Anyway, back to watching the dumb antics of Joey!

Have fun, gang! And Kyk, let's go halvsies on the Big girl workout fashion biz lol This has been my dream like for- ever!! It's a huge market (forgive the pun!) that no one seems to want to tap in to...
Old 05-22-2005, 04:03 PM   #153  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

One more day til Greece. I get on that flight at 7am on Tueday (trying not to think about how early I have to leave the house!)

I can't wait!
Old 05-24-2005, 05:41 AM   #154  

Feeling totally off today, really fed-up – reason? I weighed myself this morning and I’ve gained ½ lb. I couldn’t believe it, I only lost ½ last week, which I assumed was become TOM was due and thought it would catch up and I’d have a better loss this week – not a gain!! I just feel I’ve worked so hard on my fitness, which for me is a miracle, I’ve never been fit in my life, but over the last week I’ve got up early and either been jogging, cycling or rebounding every morning. Ok, so it’s only for 10-15 minutes at a time, but it has been every day, which should surely count for something. I’ve also done over 10,000 steps on my pedometer every day and really feel like I’m getting more active. I just burst into tears when I saw it as I really thought I’d see a loss this week.

I know I’m looking better and I have lost some inches over the last 3 weeks, 1½” from my waist, 1” from my hips and even ½ inch from my thighs, so I am pleased with that, but I want to see the weight coming off too, and I know I’m getting fitter, which is so good for my health, but you know what it’s like, the scales rule all and when you stand on them, after working your butt off all week, you expect to see the results.

I know that scales can vary so much from day to day and I know I’m overreacting, but it really upset me this morning, and I just can’t shake it off.

Old 05-24-2005, 08:40 AM   #155  

MadamDotty I'm not surprised you're annoyed if I'd done 10,000 steps a day I'd expect to lose at least 2 pounds I'm sure it will come off next week.

Have a nice time YP1 (too late it is past 7am)
Old 05-24-2005, 12:28 PM   #156  
Determined to Lose!!!

Madam Dotty, I'm sure that you must be showing a gain because you're building muscle! This is a good thing because muscle mass will burn more fat! And, muscle takes up less space than fat (which would explain the lost inches yet the slight gain) Just keep your head up and know that the weight WILL come off so long as you remain as determined as you are. Keep exercising! Keep going!
Old 05-24-2005, 01:22 PM   #157  

Ignore those evil scales. Everyone keeps telling me how fabulous I look and how I am half the girl I used to be, but i haven't lost that much yet. And the scales are now going so slowly, I am lucky if I lose 1/2 pound a week these days. Just keep going and ignore that nasty things. Created by men to confound and addle and upset the female brain!
Old 05-25-2005, 12:50 PM   #158  
Determined to Lose!!!

HELLlllllloooooo (echo) (ECHO)

Chicks? You ok? What's happening where you are? In my world... TOM is coming to town and I'm really just not in the mood! I'm enjoying my temping position, especially since its just around the corner at the Uni!! YAY Also, my temporary boss gave me a contact to enquire about getting a teaching job (I taught Creative Writing/Literature/Women's Studies) It's not a job, but it's a step closer! Anyway, feeling good about food, but exercise feels a chore since that 6 mile walk and the impending drama of TOM! Anyway.... somebody say something... Frus? Kyk? Veg? Cat's on vaca right? Miss you guys!!!! Dotty? Have you gone postal? Are you back?

Oh, KYK... yes, scales are evil BUT they also have the power to brighton my day!!! lol
Old 05-25-2005, 02:07 PM   #159  

Sorry I just been moaning to myself about going to fat club with still no loss tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:28 PM   #160  

Hi Tamara, hi all - it is a bit quiet round here lately!

Anyway, in a much better, more positive frame of mind today. those darned scales really got to me yesterday & I ended up having a lazy day, having a moment you know - no point exercising, doesn't do any good - kinda thing.

So back to cheery me today, got up and went for a run - still killing me and have walked plenty. I'll get there, eventually. Bad habits (eating) sort of creep back up on you, & I'd got into the habit of having an iced coffee every afternoon when I got home from work, but it's a tub of powder bought from Whittards that you mix with milk, and it's sweetened, plus the milk, I was was probably having a good 150+ cals a day, so that wouldn't have helped obviously. So it was back to the green tea today.

In school this morning our Nurture Group made muffins & I was asked if I'd like one & with an iron resolve, I didn't know I possessed I said no, so that halo is back on

Has anyone seen the "6 second abs" machines advertised on the telly - mine came today (this is from the woman who has a roomfull of miracle machinery bought off telly). I'll let you know how I get on, but according to the ads, I'll be a skinny minnie by morning (or something like that!!!).

Take care all
Old 05-26-2005, 11:08 AM   #161  

Oh dear I drank a lot watching the football last night and now I have to go to fat club.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:49 PM   #162  
Determined to Lose!!!

Talking

Helllooo Ladies...

Dotty, so glad to see you back to your usual 'chipper' self!!! Yeah... those iced coffees will get ya! I had a latte addiction for like 3 years... At one point I was having like 3-4 lattes a day... embarrasing and ridiculous! Anyway, glad to see you choosing to stop having one every day! I just got a flashback to that crazy weightloss woman from the 90s that used to yell: STOP THE INSANITY!!!! lol She had been obese and lost a lot of weight, chopped off all her hair and dyed it blonde... well, this leads nicely into 6 second abs - mmm... is this the electronic pulse machine? er... if so you must let us know how you get on... looks like a sham to me, but hey if it works I'd be the first in line! lol

Veg, you will do fine at fat club... not sure about the drinking though... (spooky, deep scary voice) why did you listen to the evils of drink the night before fat club???!!! lol Anyway, the important point is that you keep yo eye on da prize!!!! Ok, so it's a possibility that you won't be down, but you will get there eventually!!! What did George Michael say? Got ta have faith-eh-faith-e-faith-eh.... BAAAbbbb ay!!! lol On a serious note (drumrollll please!) You must ask yourself 'Why the sabotage?' Is it like if you fail on purpose you wouldn't have to deal with the possibility of 'really failing'? I did that for at least a decade, SO, Miss Honey, you really must do some internal examining and keep gooooing!!!

Well, this director that I'm temping for promised to give me a recommendation for a job at the UNI.... We'll see what happens... HR is probably soooo tired of seing my name on their applications, but damn it! It's around the corner and I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me!!! lol (can't remember what that's from.... ?) Ok, my gorgeous, buxom beauties I must go and tidy up in time for hubby's arrival...mua!!!
Old 05-26-2005, 01:20 PM   #163  

Ladies, don't tell Biggirl, but I am seriously worried about the effect we are having on her. Is this the same timid, sane lady who joined us just over a month ago???? Scary!!!

Anyways my scales are stuck but I had all my measurements done today (every 8 - 10 weeks we do them) and I have lost loads of centimetres from all over, so I am really happy. My body fat has plumetted from 51.7% at the beginning of the year to 45.7% now. It gave me a real boost, so much so that I went for an hour workout at lunch!!!

I am going to see G4 for my birthday!!! DH told me today!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!

Oh and I got the fab job I wanted in our clinical department!!!!

Not much else to tell you! I'm at work so I better skedaddle and look busy!
Old 05-26-2005, 02:51 PM   #164  

Hi there

Kyk, sounds like you're having a great day, way to go. My daughter will be sooo jealous you're going to see G4, she just loves them. It was, of course, my fault that they didn't win X Factor, on account of me voting for Steve - I still don't think she's forgiven me!!!

Tamara, 6 second abs is a new way to do crunches to get those ROCK HARD ABS the idea is you sit upright and push this implment down, hearing the three clicks to know you've done it right. Apparently it's 15 times, yes, count 'em, 15 times more effective than regular crunches. Who says I'm a sucker for the ads So you don't need to do so many - which appeals. I'll let you know when I've a flat rock hard stomach (don't hold your breath!!!). I'm also seriously considering Billy Blanks Boot Camp DVD, it looks like hard work, but very motivating - but like I say, I'm a real sucker for those ads!

Just been out for a lovely walk with my daughter and our little doggie, it's a gorgeous evening & we walked through the woods and alongside the lake, very pleasant.

Well, I'm off to order my shopping from Tesco's (ooh, the giddy heights) so speak soon.

x
Old 05-27-2005, 05:48 AM   #165  

Hiya all on this gloriously sunny warm day

I'm sure I posted on the last page but I cannot find it now!! Perhaps I put it on the wrong page...he he he!!!

Kyk..off to see G4! Oh you are such a lucky bunny I am so jealous!!! I was so sad they didn't win the X-Factor....but in fact I think I have heard and seen more of them since the finals than I have seen Steve....well done on those measurements!!

I wonder how YP is getting on tackling all that sun in Greece?

I love the new smilies!!! At last Christmas has well and truly gone for this year!!!
Closed Thread