UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 07:24 PM   #136  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I never get the drinks in, but then I never get anyone to get me a drink either. I opted out of drinks rounds when I first joined the firm and I've never been in them. I prefer it that way, not least because I never drink hot drinks anyway. Water all the way for me

Urgh. I'm just imagining having to do the underwear shots. I think that would put me off too.

Tomorrow's the big test. I've lost a stone and a half since I last saw my mother. Will she notice??? And will I be able to persuade her that I don't want to eat her cooking without offending her horribly?

I just realised my major achievement of the week. If I get through tomorrow I'll have gone a whole week without a single drop of alcohol and with only one teeny tiny bar of chocolate. Good going for me.

And another thing. I was trying to get some new workout stuff today. How are fat people ever meant to get fit when they can't even get stuff to wear at the gym??? Shame. I saw some really nice stuff but it didn't quite fit. Damn.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:50 AM   #137  

If I ever get enough money I am going to start a busines making proper exercise clothes for fat chicks. I make do with Evans, but I really need some proper, dare I say, lycra (or something stretchy anyway) now I am doing more at the gym, I need closer fitting gym wear, and there is nothing. I feel very bitter that I am the same weight as you YP1 and still in a 22!!!! LOL - only joking about the bitter bit, but it makes life so difficult. I walk around JJB sports and JD woman and see the nice workout clothes and feel increasingly annoyed that no one is catering for us!

I have had less alcoholic drinks in the last 4 months than I imbibed over the 4 day Christmas period!!! I drink diet coke or occasionally I will really lash out and have a BritVic 55. My partner laughs at me, but he's used to it now.

Right ladies, off to work, on a Saturday no less - and I am bitter about that too!!! Hopefully my Saturday working days will be behind me soon!!!
Old 05-21-2005, 02:23 AM   #138  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Hi Kykaree, up early too? I don't have work for an excuse, I think I'll get up and go to the gym in a bit as there's no hope of getting back to sleep.

I'm 18 - 20 depending on the shop and the fit of the clothes. I can fasten most 18s now, but I'm learning that just because they fasten doesn't mean they always fit, and I can afford to wait to lose a few more pounds before treating myself to 18s clothes from "normal" shops. The 18s tracksuit bottoms I tried in JJB last night were very small though, and they didn't seem to go above that I really need some shorts or something for when I do Race for Life - and with a pocket for my keys etc as my current tracksuit doesn't do that, and it could be warm being in July. Let's just hope I'm down to a proper 18 by then!
Old 05-21-2005, 02:41 AM   #139  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I always thought exercise clothes should be in bigger sizes

I'm up early too and my CD writer is being a It's not deleting the files and I need to write more CDs, without those files!
Old 05-21-2005, 03:52 AM   #140  

I'm at work now . If you can bear Evans, they have some good shorts with velcro pockets, sort of long shorts, but in a good fabric which seems to keep itself cool. I wear those, but they are a bit loose and the pockets sometimes get in the way on the leg press etc.

I'm going to the gym this arvo, while the ball is on.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:00 AM   #141  

Urgh the FA Cup is on I'm off to the shops for more fruit and Eurovision booze for tonight Less than a week until Big Brother starts I'm very excited!
Old 05-21-2005, 11:03 AM   #142  

Luckily my hubby's not a footie fan (yes, I found the only one!! ) but he does watch the Grand Prix, but that's the only sport he watches, so I can put up with that. And he does have to put up with me becoming totally obsessed with Big Brother (me too Veggie), just love it.

Had a nice long walk this afternoon before the rain started, so pleased to get that in. Having a nice long session on the internet this afternoon and listening to music, so taking it easy.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:22 PM   #143  
Gym'll fix it!!

I'm having a lazy day too funny how the side effect of having a few bevvies is not wanting to do anything next day I should be out practising riding my scooter or at the mall spending money but I can't really be bothered to do anything and the rodeo is on, yeehah! thats another thing I could be doing too its all overcast and miserable outside I think it has been ever since I bought my scooter is it an omen? if it is, it! I don't care

Hubby made himself some jam on toast early this morning (whats up wi him?) there was a veritable ant-fest going on when I went down later wiped lots of the little buggers up with paper towel and have put some Raid down I hope that does the trick, I hate them! and its not even hot yet either
Old 05-21-2005, 06:12 PM   #144  
Gym'll fix it!!

Grrrr i've been outside to see what kind of mess my hubby is making putting a new septic field in so that his son can build a house up here i've taken lots of pics of the devastation and while I was at it I took a pic of my little scooter here it is:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Honda Dio.jpg (40.2 KB, 26 views)
Old 05-21-2005, 07:55 PM   #145  

Nice scooter. I was imagining one of them you stand on.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:57 AM   #146  

I went to the gym to escape the football, bad bad bad idea. All the little gym boys (the ones that work there and their harem) were watching the tellys whilst perched over the equipment. And old men used the weight machines as seats rather than doing weights, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! But I did my workout around them and ignored the silly game. I hate football, don't understand it, don't get why they are paid so much money, don't understand why they wear too many clothes (Australian Rules footballers run around in tight shorts and little vests - far more entertaining) and why there are fifty million different competitions/leagues thingies, I can never keep up with it.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:02 AM   #147  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I completely avoided the football. I went out to a rugby match then came in and did a revolutionary thing called not turning the tv on and reading the paper listening to music on my computer. No football intrusions whatsoever.

My mother has arrived safe and sound and asked whether I've lost more weight, which is kind of a result.

And I've set a new PB of 33.30 for 5k on the treadmill. Pleased with that, I've shaved over 30 seconds off my previous best time.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:40 AM   #148  

[QUOTE=YP1]

My mother has arrived safe and sound and asked whether I've lost more weight, which is kind of a result.

And I've set a new PB of 33.30 for 5k on the treadmill.

Oh well done indeed to YP!! When are you off to Greece?

I sort of watched the footie. Not all of it by any means but it was on. I missed the penalties! and had to go on to Sky news to see the result

Did anyone watch the Eurovision? I couldn't be bothered this year as the whole scoring business has got so darn politically correct in past years. The Baltics all vote for each other, the French vote for the Germans and vice versa! And I didn't like the song when I first heard it anyway....HUMBUG!!!

I've managed to get the washing dry.It now looks like its going to rain but earlier it was so good and windy it all blew dry...More ironing

I'd better empty the utility room/back porch today as the builder is coming tomorrow to knock a large hole through an interior wall and integrate a room that formerly had a shower in it which has now been emptied and plastered and a light put in and a floor put down. He is going to brick up the original entrance so the whole area is going to look entirely differant when its finished.

Take care all, see you soon Tootoot!!!
Old 05-22-2005, 11:08 AM   #149  

I watched Eurovision everyone hates us we don't care. Except we do, why won't they vote for us the meanies.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:46 PM   #150  
Gym'll fix it!!

Veggie, can you imagine me peddling with one leg on the road to work?

WOW Sheila, excellent time on the treadmill

Can't believe that silly contest is still going on

Weather is a bit iffy today was then dry at the moment but I don't want to set off on my scooter and then get wet its not fun
Closed Thread