UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-01-2005, 04:31 AM   #31  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

4 cat for shelremi

for me... only 3 lbs to go to be back where I started! Then I'll think about a challenge goal!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:38 AM   #32  

howse your grandad frus?..............dont worry too much about where you started........think about where youll finish , thats the most important place the end goal
tootoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 06:44 AM   #33  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Grabdad died on Wednesday night. It was fairly expected though. He had pnuemonia and chronic heart failure brought on by breaking his hip. Poor lad! Can't be bad 'cos he got to 90!

I'll be a skinny rake soon, thinking about my bikini and all the workouts I'll be doing when I'm finished college!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:37 AM   #34  

Sorry to hear about your Grandad.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:58 AM   #35  

sorry to hear that frus, but like you say 90 is a grand old age to reach and still have mobility, hed have taken the hip break and lack of mobility hard
Old 04-01-2005, 09:03 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat90
Well I should be up for this challenge cuz it ends on my BD that should be an incentive should'nt it? thats if I can stop eating easter eggs and start working out again I did a stupid thing on Monday I went scouting for cheap easter eggs and I found them! so bought half the shop out did'nt I i've been stuffing my face with them every night since i've still got 5 big bags of those Cadburys "speckled eggs" ( I call them ) and 2 bags of caramel ones left I know the scale is going to register a gain because i've not been working out with being busy at work my new tae-bo tapes arrived today..four of them but i'm too cream crackered to even watch one and i'm working tomorrow and Saturday too so who knows when i'll get around to trying to lift a leg only thing i'm lifting tonight is Stella
I have edited the thread title hope no one minds.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:42 AM   #37  

i sure dont mind veggie...........and it might help that naughty cat get rid of the eggs before eating them........it all adds to the inspiration, AKA she better do it now after you going to all the effort of changing the thread
i hope she has a few stellas before she reads this
Old 04-01-2005, 12:53 PM   #38  
Addicted to potato salad!

Hi everyone. No, I'm not from the UK, in fact I've never been off the North American continent, BUT, I do have British ancestry from some relatives that moved from England to Canada and then to the US about a hundred years ago? I also used to date a guy from Dundee, Scotland. I also live across the river from Canada and regularly drive on the 401 expressway, which is named after Queen Elizabeth. Does that count? LOL

Anyhow...I'm a Sugar Busters chick and was just watching Changing Rooms and House Invaders (on BBCAmerica) and wanted to know what a 'quid' is and what the measurement of a 'stone' is. Hope you don't mind me invading your little corner...

Kris from Northern NY
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:28 PM   #39  

Hi Kris a quid is a pound (of money) and a stone is 14 pounds (in weight) Of course we don't mind you posting here you're welcome anytime.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:49 PM   #40  
Addicted to potato salad!

Hi Veggie...Oh, so 'quids' are to 'pounds' as 'bucks' are to 'dollars'?
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 05:43 PM   #41  

Hello everyone

Morning here in Australia and want to thank you all for my welcome, you know I dont know how much I weigh (cos I'm too scared to get back on but I was about 15 stone, when did that happen? I stopped smoking three years on May 2 next, and haven't stopped eating since! So I will wait till 2 weeks from today to weigh in, may I should get on the scales but I can tell from my pants I put on the other day, I iz much bigger than last winter! I liked the quote at the beginning of this thread

"The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it's the same problem you had last year." ~ John Foster Dulles

That has been on my mind since I read it yesterday! thanks for that...

Last night drank the last of my chardonnay, I know just by giving THAT up I'll probably lose a stone straight up!

Well winter sports starts today and my son, Mr 10, plays rugby league and he has to be there in an hour and I have to shower..will stop in when I get back...I pledge not to have any bacon and egg rolls at the game today!
Cya guys
shelremi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 05:56 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife
Hi Veggie...Oh, so 'quids' are to 'pounds' as 'bucks' are to 'dollars'?
Yes I think so...any other changing rooms chat you need interpreting from Handy Andy or Laurence?
Old 04-01-2005, 06:07 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelremi
Hello everyone

Morning here in Australia and want to thank you all for my welcome, you know I dont know how much I weigh (cos I'm too scared to get back on but I was about 15 stone, when did that happen? I stopped smoking three years on May 2 next, and haven't stopped eating since! So I will wait till 2 weeks from today to weigh in, may I should get on the scales but I can tell from my pants I put on the other day, I iz much bigger than last winter! I liked the quote at the beginning of this thread

"The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it's the same problem you had last year." ~ John Foster Dulles

That has been on my mind since I read it yesterday! thanks for that...

Last night drank the last of my chardonnay, I know just by giving THAT up I'll probably lose a stone straight up!

Well winter sports starts today and my son, Mr 10, plays rugby league and he has to be there in an hour and I have to shower..will stop in when I get back...I pledge not to have any bacon and egg rolls at the game today!
Cya guys

Mmm chardonnay always nice in my opinion.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:46 AM   #44  

good morning................ its a lovely day here up in the land of man eating midges
im logging my weight loss today instead of monday as im wroking from 2 this afternoon until 8........then long days sunday and monday, so ill be gubbed and not in mood for typing
ive lost A WHOLE 2LBS.......12 left to go on the challenge.........now if only easter had been a week later id have made that challenge
Old 04-02-2005, 05:24 AM   #45  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Hi Shelremi, you are more than welcome.

Just post a random number of pounds you think you ought to be able to lose by Caths birthday and then keep coming back to moan and groan, inspire or be inspired.

Cath - Stella is mine put her down!!!!! And no going for the choccies you have liberally sprinkled all over the house - those eggs are supposed to be hunted down not tripped over!!!

Toots - why do you live with a man who eats midges? I hope he brushes his teeth regularly! Congrats on meeting the Easter Challenge. I think you can call it success, Easter was ridiculously early this year!!!

I haven't done well this week - feel bloated, can't get any enthusiasm and to top it all my car got broken into - no losses just stupid damage! It was a good job the only sweet treat I had was a bunch of grapes and a punnet of cherry toms!! But I REALLY wanted chocolate!

Last edited by stef; 04-02-2005 at 05:29 AM. Reason: mistyped some of it!
stef is offline   Reply With Quote