UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-07-2005, 01:56 PM   #16  

I've got my hands on the new book (borrowed sisters). I really may rejoin soon. I want to feel healthier again!
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:50 PM   #17  

I like the mix2match but have totally blown it this week!!! I think I am falling off the wagon...LOL
MelissaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:41 AM   #18  

Don't fall too far! My clothes that were very baggy seem to fit me now.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:51 PM   #19  

I think I caught myself just in time and that coupled with food poisoning over the weekend gave me a 4 pound loss...LOL
Old 01-21-2005, 09:38 AM   #20  

Been doing mostly green or mix2match and am losing consistantly!!! I was just about to jump ship from SW but I think I am definatley staying...I have lost another 2 pounds this week!!!
Old 01-21-2005, 02:13 PM   #21  
Gym'll fix it!!

Well Done Melissa I don't get the Mix3Match does it mean you can have a 'green' lunch and a 'red' dinner? cuz I looked at the website last week and the meals look the same to me
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 08:16 PM   #22  

I think it does mean you can have a red then green meal. I do have the new book (thanks sis ) but I never take much notice of the red plan bits.

Ok...yes in the sw book the mix2max meal plan for a day has a red breakfast, a green dinner and then a red tea.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:20 AM   #23  

Yes thats it, you can have a green lunch, red dinner or whatever...Its nice because its easier for me to do a green lunch, but dinners are always difficult because I end up making dh something different...This way I just have a meat dish for tea and everyone is happy...
Old 01-22-2005, 04:13 PM   #24  
Gym'll fix it!!

Girls I like the idea of that much better than staying on Green or Red all day I found I got bored when I ran out of healthy extras I might just have to try this plan again
Old 02-01-2005, 07:00 PM   #25  

Give it a go Cat might work. I counted my syns today I had 41 15 were wine though. I might be going back to my old group next week.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:34 PM   #26  
Recovering chocoholic

Is the mix2match any good. My dad was doing slimming world but hes getting to the stage where hes not maintaining that well. I was telling him about the new plans (he only has an old book ) and he thought the idea was quite good but they are still quite pricey on ebay so I'm hanging on for a few opinions before buying him one.
viviki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 08:58 PM   #27  
Gym'll fix it!!

Ooooh Yeh..go back Veg you were doing so well i'd go with you if I could I'm going to give it a try for sure

Viviki, I don't think he'll need any new books its basically the same thing only you can have a red brekky (or a green one) then a green lunch (or a red ) then a red or green dinner I think it will work much better for me than the old green day and red day did
Old 02-04-2005, 11:39 AM   #28  

someone fill me in i knew ww had a new plan but didnt realise slimming world had one too im still sticking to the plan as much as possible
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 06:10 PM   #29  

Baisically there is the old standard green or red which are the same...Mix2match allows you to mix...So you can do green lunch and red dinner...The free foods you have throughout the day must be free on both red and green though...If you have a sinned item you must use the sin value thats higher when counting...For example, if you have a seafood stick which has 0 sins on red and 2 on green you would count the 2...The other option is bascially portion control where you have to fill your plate a certain way so that the sinned food only takes up a certain amount...Not sure if you have seen that plate that has the markings on it for the portions you should have?? Its basically like that...I am not one for portion control so I don't bother with that one...The mix2max is great though!!
Old 02-05-2005, 06:23 PM   #30  

thanx all i did wonder but for some reason even though the weight-watchers advert is on every 2 seconds i must have missed the slimming world one ill give it ago even though im pregnant now i have no intention of putting on as much weight as i did with my first son
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote