UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-08-2005, 08:43 PM   #1  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Default Hello FCUK January

Got this earlier today...thought it could start us all of right for a successful year

T’was the month after Christmas, and all through the house,
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:48 PM   #2  
Slow and steady

Oh pooh, where's the rest of it. hang on a mo....

T’was the month after Christmas, and all through the house, Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste, At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.
When I got on the scales there arose such a number! When I walked to the store, less a walk than a lumber.
I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared, The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared.
The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese, And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt, And prepared once again to do battle with dirt.
I said to myself, as I only can, "You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"
So--away with the last of the sour cream dip, Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip.
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished, Till all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie--not even a lick, I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie, I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore, But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot, Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!
Author Unknown
Old 01-09-2005, 03:29 PM   #3  
Gym'll fix it!!

I wondered what the FCUK was going on for a minute and i'm not talking french connection united kingdom now
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:06 AM   #4  
Slow and steady

OK... I didn't even realise how it looked until you kindly pointed it out Cat...

Well today it the day for me, I know I said it nearly two weeks ago, but I failed miserably as there was still chocs in the fridge

I have my food journal all set up, have drunk my first glass of water for the day (have been seriously lacking in havng enough water lately) and I have gagged on a vitamin I thought I should start taking. And I cut the bloody thing in half too. I am useless at taking pills. this one is called 'one a day weight smart' and it's supposed to boost the metabolism...it's HUGE and you can taste it as soon as you pop it in your gob
I've put the after Christmas poem on the fridge as a reminder of my over indulgence and I feel that my mind is set to continue this weight loss battle.

I can feel a spare tyre in my middle at the moment, and although I didn't gain over Christmas ( a pure miracle), the lack of working out is turning flabby... so when Hannah gets home from school this afternoon, we'll be off to curves and sweat some flab off

Am feeling positive, happy to begin again and motivated

Ok, am off now...more later, have a wonderful slimming day everyone
Old 01-10-2005, 11:52 AM   #5  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

he he he!
great poem!

I am off to buy some fruit from Marks & Sparks, it just tastes nicer!!

I have started off the journal again and I'll be kickboxing tomorrow night, so I'll burn those pounds off in no time!!

Birthday and Christmas over now, ust have to write the thank-yous!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 04:40 PM   #6  
Slow and steady

Am having a wonderful day So far, so good! Have treated myself to some new workout pants, a couple of pairs I've never parted with but they're huge now and fall down when working out, but they're great for slobbing around the house in when you can't be seen by any member of the public

Was feeling a tad guilty about buying them as am not working yet, but then hubby came home and admited to buying a satillite radio for his truck, so the guilt is all gone now Will wear one of my new pairs in a bit when Hannah gets home from school and we head out to curves

I'm doin' it, doin' it, doin' it
Old 01-10-2005, 11:26 PM   #7  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good for you Chris i'm not committing to anything until all my chocs have gone funny I did'nt gain a pound while in England even though I was guzzling gallons of ale and now that i've come home I can feel myself expanding I can't just blame the chocs though because I know that i've been eating more. Funny story about FCUK..last year when we went back to England we passed a shop and the window was covered with paper that said FCUK and my hubby said "Look..they can't spell F**K" I did'nt know what it meant at the time until my daughter told me but I knew it was'nt supposed to say F**K
Old 01-11-2005, 04:21 AM   #8  
aka Superwoman!

I like being FCUK! We are FCUK the diet!

Lost a pound today! I knew it was all water weight!! Ate lots of M&S fruit yesterday and had tiny meals!

Back to the grind today *yawn* I need to get some application forms in the post and stuff, oh dear!
Old 01-11-2005, 07:55 AM   #9  
(Barca)

Default Tues 11th

Well, did quite well during the day - walked quite a lot and gained 2 bonus points on the Bonus Buddy - - but blew it later on as I did go down to the bar!!
But had a meal from my WWs diet book for dinner. Gotta do better than that!!
We tell everything to make small changes, something every week, so will try to do that. The water and wallking are the priority this week and also trying to get to the gym - at least twice this week. Then will have to work on pre-planning my meals. But, I am doing quite well so far. Have to get my DD to take a photo with her digital camera but how to get it onto the site is another thing!!
Got my first WW meeting tonite - hope we get a few more people as numbers dwindled somewhat before Christmas. Hopefully, most people will come back even if they have put on some weight but, unfortunately, that isn't usually the case.
I have updated my signature - I hope!! I have put my previous results to motivate myself and will update the new slider after my Saturday WI. Am motivated though.
Well, better stop and have lunch and prepare myself for the meeting. At least I have time on the train to plan things etc so not entirely a wasted journey.
Have a good day!!

Ann
abjbcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:56 PM   #10  
Gym'll fix it!!

Well Done Frus

Its easy to add pics Ann so don't worry we'll tell you how if you get stuck

The snow is slowly melting but its damn windy now power went out for a while earlier just as Emmerdale was about to come on I won't hang about long in case I get cut off
Old 01-22-2005, 10:25 AM   #11  
aka Superwoman!

Default Big boo-boo day!

I had a major boo-boo day yesterday! I probably ate about 3000 calories!!

I had usual brekky, then went to college, for my lunch I had a packet of skips and 2 scotch pancakes... (I bought a packet of 6.....) then during a lecture I had 2 more scotch pancakes... (can you see where this is heading?) then a mate owed me a "lunch" so he bought me a bag of doritos, 2 Mr kipling's caramel slices, and a sugar free lollipop, I ate all that while sitting at the computer doing a mega hard assignment... and the other 2 scotch pancakes......

Then I went to work and had a LARGE portion of chips with a bread bun, for tea!!
A bag of Maltesers crept in sideways, then because we were told that we had to work till 1am rather than just 12, I had another bag of crisps to keep me awake!

Anyway that's my confession, shall I do 12 hail 3FCs??!!

I don't know why I ate all that junk, I really wasn't hungry for half of it, but I think partly it was cos I'd lost a bit of weight and wanted a "treat" but now I feel all bloated and blurgh!!

I think days like that help remind me how good it feels to eat healthily!!

Today I started the day off with 1 weetabix (cos I was still full of junk....)
then we've had a dry fried egg in a muffin for lunch, and we'll have nice crispy pizza for dinner, so damage limitation should be ok. I also want to squeeze in an exercise DVD before we go out clubbing!!..............
Old 01-22-2005, 03:44 PM   #12  
Gym'll fix it!!

LOL Frus you crack me up "a bag of maltesers crept in sideways" never mind i'm sure you'll burn lots of cals while your 'clubbing' it
Old 01-24-2005, 05:34 AM   #13  
aka Superwoman!

Never really made it to a club, was supposed to be meeting a friend but he never showed up. By the time we had given up on him, we just decided to have one more beer and go home.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:26 PM   #14  

hi chickies !!!! how are we all ???? not very talkative are we ??? you know i reckon you all missed me coming in and chasing you all up so i might have to start again how was everyones xmas and new year?? i ended up with a present i REALLY didnt expect ill get it about september youll have to fill me in with what you are all up to and how you all are and for the new ones i havent met yet
hello
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:22 AM   #15  
Gym'll fix it!!

OMG Kirsty CONGRATULATIONS! now you've got a good excuse not to D-I-E-T I don't know about some of the other girls but i'm quiet because i've totally fallen of the wagon no motivation at the moment at all but now that we're in February I think I might consider getting my act together

Veggie, I spent quite a lot of time over at SW and I can't believe how different the Slinky Slimmer of 2005 looks WOW! I'm definitely going to try the Mix2Match plan

Last edited by cat90; 02-03-2005 at 12:25 AM.