UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 02:16 PM   #241  
Gym'll fix it!!

Well Chris you'll have to put your thermals on under your capri's then Hubby is fine now he's seen his son, he was worried about him up until then its his son thats injured not him and all he is worried about is his bike when i buy fresh fruit and veg i just eat chocolate and watch it rot i'm the worst good food eater in the world
Old 03-07-2004, 05:14 PM   #242  
Must Stay Motivated

Hi Linus, welcome to the group. I haven't been here that long myself but have been made to feel very welcome. Everyone here is great and very supportive.

I am joining Slimming World tomorrow. I am going to go on my own. That way I will have nobody else to blame if I miss a week. A few of us at work were going to join a club ages ago but there was always some reason why one of us couldn't attend so I am going to go it alone. Bought the magazine today and it looks like this might be the diet that really suits my taste/lifestyle. I am really looking forward to it.

Best be off - am going swimming forst thing in the morning.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:40 AM   #243  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Chickies,
Cathy, I must have been having a momnet, not realising it was hubbys son who was injured, not him, had to re read the post after you'd told me I've had a headache since yesterday afternoon, took some allergy meds last night to curb it, and had a terrible night as it makes me feel so weird.
The effects have worn off now but I still have the bloody headache, Have to go to the dentist today as well
It IS snowing here, just like they said it would, very wet snow, so so far, only settling on the grass areas, hope it stays that way as well.
Had a very healthy day on points yesterday, enjoyed picking at the grapes I bought from the market, they are delish.
Right, must get moving, trying to fit in a curves session before the dentist. Wish me luck, I'm a HUGE baby at the dentist, have tears in my eyes just walking in the door!
Have a good day all.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:12 AM   #244  

hi guys!

just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself. I'm 20 and at university. I'm from the UK and although i'm not really that bad, i'm 9 stone 6 and at 5ft2 and at 20years old that's pretty unhealthy.
Just want to tips and guidence and stuff really.

Thanks for listening.

Old 03-08-2004, 01:34 PM   #245  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls,

Chris Good Luck at the dentist you'll be fine i'm having trouble with the darn allergies too thought i had a cold at first still not sure what it is so i've been taking allergy tabs for the last 2 days..they are helping a little with the runny nose but its so damned annoying having a "tickly" nose all the time

Hi Purple Gem, are you following a plan? or not sure where to start? we'll help all we can

Finally managed to walk 2mls yesterday planning to do some more in a minute if i manage to get my butt away from here
Old 03-08-2004, 02:12 PM   #246  

Hi Cathy,

I don't really seem to be following a plan as such, but i do go to the gym about 3-4 times a week. I'm trying to get that up to everyday though. I've just got back from a core stability class, my arms will be aching tomorrow i can tell ya!
I eat fish everyday (don't know of that's bad) and don't really eat much poultry while i'm at uni and i never have red meat here either. I'm eating mostly tinned veg as my kitchen here is disgusting as i live with 4 lads who have the mental age of about 5! I really hate fruit but i am getting to like bananas and i have fresh orange juice.
I'm constantly bloated though, does anyone know whether that could be down to how much salt i have or not?!

anyway, i've ranted on long enough.

bye for now!

Old 03-08-2004, 02:20 PM   #247  
Gym'll fix it!!

Purple Gem, how are you cooking the fish? the fish is good as long as its baked or steamed the bloating could be a result of too much salt in your diet and the tinned veg could have quite a lot in it..if i were you i'd rinse the tinned veg under tap water and then boil them in that or nuke them if thats how you cook them
Old 03-08-2004, 05:58 PM   #248  

Cathy, so sorry to read about DS accident on his bike, glad he got through surgery ok... bikes are expensive but replacable, whereas body parts are not usually that easy to come by...youch to all the hurting bits
Hello to Purple Gem....I can't help thinking of those Quality Street sweets of the same name when I see your logon name! Was that done on purpose???
Chris, are you back from the dentist yet???
Oh and HELLO to Linus....you'll soon gert used to the trouble is that all the children I know are far more computer literate than I am, they learn it in primary school and I have had to self-teach from the very beginning...(ooop who let Julie Andrews in here? ) but I think I am reasonably good at it!! Hang on and I'll just go polish my halo, ha ha ha !!!
Well I must away as it is my bed time and the dog is already asleep at my feet....I know, boredom strikes again. Night night all.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:27 PM   #249  
Slow and steady

Hi, Have survived the dentist, I those people! I'm so scared of them although I must say that they are really very nice. I had to have x-rays done and they used a new digital machine, so I didn't have to have thos cardboard things shoved in my mouth which always make me gag. The machine as quite large and sometimes uncomfortable but they said I was a star. The deep cleaning I had went well but I was numb for hours afterwards. Dribbled my cuppa down me when I got home and my friend was in hysterics watching me attempt to drink it, I should have got a straw out hey?
Hi Lunus, are you a snoopy fan? I do WW and so far it's worked ofr me, I find it easy to follow and even though I fall off track every now and then, it's made me really aware of what I shove down my gob.
Hello purple Gem too.......you sound like you've got your hands full living in a house with four men. AGH! I don't envy you.
Right, well I had better go and do dishes, I need an early night after last nights restlessness with my allergy meds. Am not taking any tonight, that's for sure. Everyone have a great Tuesday
Old 03-08-2004, 09:44 PM   #250  
Gym'll fix it!!

Thanks Teel I'm exactly the same i'd never touched a computer before and when i got on the internet i had to teach myself everything i'm doing pretty good too considering that i gambled everything to wipe my drive and erase windows 95 to install windows 98 all that so i could use a digi-camera that was win 98 compatible anyway, it worked and i did'nt have to upgrade my computer so thats all that matters

It turned into a very pleasant day today and i went into Victoria and mingled with the tourists had to run an errand really but i still mingled i was bad too and nipped into the british sweet shop bought some mushy peas and a bar of Cadburys Turkish Delight i love that stuff much better than Fry's which seems a bit perfumed in my mind..anyway, time to fess up i ate it in the car on the way home
455cals and 20.7g fat not too bad really and i might get away with it because i have'nt eaten a great deal today mmmm just checked and i'm at 1140cals and 25.5g fat and i've still got dinner to eat which is roast beef dinner although i'm not hungry after 'ing out
Old 03-08-2004, 09:50 PM   #251  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Chris, we were posting at the same time glad that you got through the dentist visit unscathed its funny that when you can't feel your gob you still think you can eat and drink with it though i've been doping myself up with allergy meds today and my head is splitting so i think i may have a cold instead i'll see what tomorrow brings
Old 03-09-2004, 07:38 AM   #252  

Hi Cathy!

I don't really cook fish, i love tinned tuna and have it nearly everyday (mostly in brine, but i always drain the liquid anyway). I also have smoked mackrel alot, the stuff you can get packeted out of tescos and stuff. I have prawns too. None of these need cooking or anything. thanks about washing tinned veg though, i never even thought of that. I'll make sure i do it from now on.

At the moment our kitchen is crazy, i'm guessing most of you would have a fit if you saw it! HEALTH HAZARD!!!!

I get bloated a lot too, i eat a lot of wholemeal bread, does anyone know if this could be the cause of that?!

Hi to everyone today!!!

I feel really summery today , dunno why, but i'm sure it'll be here before we know it!!! best tone those arms then i think!!!

purple_gem

Old 03-09-2004, 12:10 PM   #253  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls

PG, i doubt the bread could be the cause unless you have a wheat allergy i would suspect the sodium content of the pre-packaged fish that you are eating. Have a look at the nutritional label and add up all the sodium that you are consuming in a day..you might be surprised if its not high then i'd "suspect" the bread

Well, last night even tho' i was'nt hungry i remembered that there was 2 pcs of Hawaiian Pizza left in the fridge and if they did'nt get eaten that day then they would be toast so i ate them and left the beef alone so that will have put me over for the day don't think it will be disastrous tho'
Old 03-09-2004, 03:55 PM   #254  

pg i had a lot of bloating and the after effects!!! and my doc told me it might be the bananas and as it was the only fruit i ate something to do with the potassium
Hope this helps a bit
bye linus
Old 03-09-2004, 08:47 PM   #255  
Slow and steady

Hi girls,
Well today is a good day, after a horrible board meeting last night where the superintendent threatened J with expulsion, he called today and said the baord had voted to have J reinstated, so we have a meeting with the principal tomorrow, and hopefully he'll send J off to his classes
I've had a good day point wise, hoping to show a loss on my 'friend' tomorrow Have been exercising faithfully too.
Everyone else sounds like their really motivated, hope this is a good weigh in week for all, I'll let you all know how I do tomorrow after stepping on my 'friend'. Maybe I should name it something. What do you lot thin a good name for a set of scales would be?
Off to do dishes now cos no other bugger has bothered tonight. AGH!
Closed Thread