UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 04:17 AM   #16  

This Wendie plan sounds very interesting, and would explain why my scales did not budge after a month of strict low-fat regime, but went down 3lbs when I stuffed my face on a weekend away!

Can anyone tell me if the day after the 'blow-out' day has to be a really strict day or just a normal day? I get the impression the day after you have a treat day is when your metabolism is at its peak, so resticting food on this day will result in more loss....? I went out for an Italian meal last night, and feel more hungry than normal this morning, but am determined to be really good today
Old 02-14-2003, 06:06 AM   #17  

Whenever I hear the word Wendie diet I have to laugh! If you are a bit of a "Wendy" you are a bit daft to say the least!

I would think with any regime - if you have a blow out the day before it is best to be as good as you possibly can - maybe being a bit mean with the points/sins/extras whatever but hey! whatever works best for you.
Old 02-14-2003, 06:54 AM   #18  

very true.... that's convinced me to avoid that McDonalds I have been craving all morning!

Soup and sandwich it is :-(
Old 02-14-2003, 07:16 AM   #19  
Theres no stopping me now

Am following the little bit of what you fancy does you good plan today

So far I fancy a cheese sandwiche, diet coke and Sean Bean, not necessarily in that order
Old 02-14-2003, 08:49 AM   #20  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

oooooooo Carol, Sean Bean is rather tasty isn't he. oh yes he is inddedy.
Old 02-14-2003, 01:17 PM   #21  
Gym'll fix it!!

this is Wendie's plan staying within her pts range of 24-31pts.

day 1 less fuel 22pts 1100 (approx cals)
day 2 more fuel 28pts 1400
day 3 less fuel 23pts 1150
day 4 fuel spill 36-39pts 1900
day 5 less fuel 22pts 1100
day 6 more fuel 29pts 1450
day 7 a bit less fuel 27pts 1350
Old 02-15-2003, 04:29 AM   #22  
Theres no stopping me now

Looks like to me she has just taken her allowance for the week and is juggling them to fit in with everyday events, like a saturday night takeaway and a couple of beers on another night, and a couple of pay back days.

Sorry but it seems like common sense to me, you have an allowance you can eat for the week, so as long as you eat that number of points / sins / cals / fat grams that week you are staying on program.

But if it is working for wendie and others, I won't knock it (honest!)
Old 02-15-2003, 12:27 PM   #23  
Gym'll fix it!!

Yeh..you're right Carol..it's just what anyone would do after a night on the tiles (you lookin' at me ) try to take it easy the day after
Old 02-15-2003, 07:41 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5ft

You are correct Carol, the Wendie plan is common sense. However in my case I can't vary points like this on my own without feeling guilty I've gone over my daily allotted amount and bingeing. being told its "official" means I can and I've got rid of the guilt complex. Strange i know but thats how I am

Think I've survived the 17th century banquet. Had 1 bottle of wine to myself but only had 1 spoonful of most of the dishes available and some of them I didn't try at all. I avoided the deserts and drank a lot of diet coke too. I think doing several jigs in a pure wool laced up dress should have burn't up a few calories too. I've probably gone over todays points allowance but am happy that I've not totally blown it.

Tomorrow I'm off to visit my parents in Pembrokeshire. I'm not going to be up at the crack of dawn so it will probably be mid afternoon before getting there and I won't eat anything before setting off or during travelling so can hopefully claw some points back tomorrow. Not healthy to not eat till teatime but I seem to develop IBS when travelling so its safer not to eat. Especially as there are a distinct lack of facilities once past Shropshire. Sorry too much information but I didn't want anyone thinking I wasn't dieting properly.
Closed Thread