UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:37 AM   #46  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

i had the crappest night ever! my daughter was looking for egyptian stuff on google and i got a massive computer virus, cost me £35 to fix and i was up until 5am doing stupid virus scans trying to get it sorted. so after only 3 hours of sleep im definatley not in exercise mode! although when im stressed i lose my appetite, makes it easier to stick to the diet because im not enjoying any food it might aswell be something healthy lol. this is one of those times i miss having a man around the house.
p.s cat86 welcome im not usually this miserable lol
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

hi girls, i dont doing much better this week im defiantly not as motivated as I was last week I know the scales are going down but not fast enough for me
im of work again to day and the need to chill out all day on the sofa like i did yesterday is overwhelming and i gave in to the craving of full fat coke. BAD MARIE!!
I think its this crappy weather because when the sun is out my mood and drive is always better.
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 140/124/120

Height: 5ft 2

Marie - the weather definitely doesnt help the situation! Sometimes I dont even want to leave the house. And being Glasgow, it rains ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME!
Cat86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #49  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hopeful Chick,
I reward myself with food every weekend, and it works for me! Each Saturday and Sunday I'm allowed a treat each day, it's the only way I can make this into a lifestyle permanent change rather than yet another fad diet. Hope it works for you too

Cat86,
Welcome, and good luck on meeting your goal for this week, i think small but realistic goals are wayyyyyy better for moral than big one's that we often don't meet.

MissS,
Sorry to hear about your computer and the stress, but glad it at least has a positive outcome on your eating. Stress makes me trough food like no tomorrow, meh. Give yourself an exercise break until tomorrow hon.

Marie,
Hope the weather picks up soon and you start feeling more positive. I too think the weight loss part is going slow, so am REALLY trying to focus on exercise and fitness instead, but it's hard.

Well, I've already broken one of my mini goals, after working out tonight I couldn't help it and I jumped on my scales. Not a good thing, as they show 2kg more than last Fri (well there or there abouts, they're so inaccurate) but, not what I wanted to see. Still hoping to maintain by first thing Monday morning, but now that means losing, and having my weekend away, so I'm not so sure anymore!

It's annoying, 5 days a week I eat well, really really well compared to what i was like before, i'm exercising daily, which is a huge huge huge improvement on the nothing I did before. I know these things are having good results from how I look in the mirror and how my clothes fit (or are beginning to fall off). But, not on the scales, it's frustrating, and I'm trying to put less importance on it, but I've got just 3lb to go to not be obese anymore, and I think it's my BMI of over 30 that I really really want to shift asap, then I will chill out as I work my way down the overweight segment.

My determination is far from dwindling, but my positivity certainly is!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:25 AM   #50  
Amazing Revelations

hey how is everyone doing today? my new scales just arrived, tempted to jump on them but i just had lunch and a 500ml bottle of water so im not going to!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello girls

Just trying to catch up with all the posts, can't remember if I told you I hurt my back a couple of weeks ago, well for those two weeks I ate like a pig but continued to walk. Anyway today I thought thats enough get back on it so decided to get on the scales and found that I've lost two pounds, to say I was amazed was an understatement.

So I am now exactly 12 stone argghh but considering I was once 15 stone it's ok.

Take good care
Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #52  

Well done Michele 3 stone down is fantatasic

MissSM - I always weigh myself 1st thing in the morning i find if i do it at the same time every time you get a more acurate reading.
What scales did you get, im looking at getting some nice electroinc display ones as the ones i have i cant read with out my glasses on and have to get hubby to check it for me, and i dont always believe him

Hows everyone else doing this week, im gonna have a weigh in tomorrow but I have been so bad this week I am not confident about things

xx
Old 02-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #53  
Amazing Revelations

well done michelle
marie the scales i got are some salter ones, got them from amazon, they seem pretty good, easy to use, big digital display, they were only about £25. yeah mornings are when i usually weigh myself, i want to get into the habit of only weighing myself once a week instead of torturing myself every day.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #54  

i have just looked them up they look good, did you weigh in? im going to tomorrow and i am a little scared as i havent done any exercise this week and went a bit mad on chocs when i was at home monday.
Iv only got to july before i want to hit my goal i really want to do it so i am going to have to join the gym next week
Old 02-18-2011, 07:05 AM   #55  
Amazing Revelations

yep i weighed in... not good!! according to my old scales i have lost 2 pounds, according to my new ones i was 6 pounds heavier than my old ones said! well i think my new ones are definatly more accurate so going by their weight now, not going to stress about it too much, ive been eating fairly well but need to cut down the carbs and night time snacking, and get lots more exercise, better to know the truth and work on it than be in denial.
marie it probably wont be as bad as you think
Old 02-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #56  

Ahhh girls your doing great.

I'm off out for a run at 6pm with my friend, it's a grey old day here but I know I will feel good once I've done it.

I was almost tempted to say to my husband oh lets have a Chinese this evening as are supposed to be going out for a meal a kind of late Valentines thing not that we really celebrate it, but I will have something healthy especially since I lost that surprise 2lbs and have just got back to regular exercise.

Michele
Old 02-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #57  

iv not lost anything this week and i went a little over board and got drunk last night.
Im just keeping positive and starting again and hopefully i will lose something next week
Old 02-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #58  
Amazing Revelations

never mind marie, friday nights are a killer sometimes just keep positive and try again xx
Old 02-20-2011, 04:26 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 189/144/133

Height: 5'6''

Hey Girls,
I have had a truly awful week this week - i've binged pretty much everyday and only exercised twice. According to my scales i'm up 10 pounds since last week - 10 pounds!
So I have decided for the sake of my sanity to 'throw out' the scales. This is really unhealthy for me to be ruled by the scales so much. I am going to hide my scales in my flat right now and go to the gym.
This week I WILL
1) Not binge but eat healthy tasty food - starting now
2) Not weigh myself
3) Exercise 4 times
4) Not be tempeted to drink alcohol just because everyone else is when I don't need it or want it

Sorry I just needed to write this to make myself believe it.
Good luck girls hope you're all doing ok. x
hopefulchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:11 AM   #60  

Good morning girls and boys if there are any lurking around.

I've just had a bowl of Cheerios they were nice. I'm waiiting for my young fella to get home, he stayed at his mate's last night, we are supposed to be painting my big fella's room (he is away at University) I know what will happen he will come in and go straight to his bed. Husband is out working, I'm still in pyjamas staying away from the fridge.

Lets all have the best week that we can and forget about any chomping we did last week.

Michele