UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 05:21 AM   #1  
Theres no stopping me now

Thumbs down Move More - what do you do ??

Now BB is behind us for another year - I feel the need to get my butt in gear and get moving.:sheep:

I had great plans for when BB3 started that I would pedal my exercise bike in front of the telly while watching. Instead all I did was snack and watch the TV.

So in an aim to be healthly and fitter I have to get on my bike and get my butt into gear. I used to plan my exercise like a military campaign and it worked for me, but like most good things it has fell by the wayside. I know I need to get back to the planning side of my weight loss it won't happen by itself

What happened to all you rebounders, walkers and swimmers out there ??

Fitting some exercise in is an achievement towards the healthly lifestyle we all want, so tell us what you do to keep fit - Believe me I need the inspiration

Last edited by Smiling Sal; 07-27-2002 at 05:26 AM.
Old 07-27-2002, 05:36 AM   #2  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Default moving

have to say carol i have been slacking in more ways than one!! I go on holiday tomorrow and when i get back i will once again be joining you all in a major way. The last 2 weeks have been a bit of an eating and drinking fest for me, good as it has been the trousers i wore last night were very tight and they weren't a couple of weeks ago!!

we are taking our bikes to france so i hope to be doing lots of cycling/swimming and walking to compensate for the eating/drinking and lounging

swim and gym are in for me when i get back!! promise
Old 07-27-2002, 05:20 PM   #3  

I walked from the beach the other day (60 mins) I used to be able to do it but this time the next day my back kept complaining and later on that night I was sick about 6 times seriously!
Old 07-27-2002, 05:23 PM   #4  

Not so good - take it easy veggie we don't want you hurting yourself

Am going to walk lots this week
Old 08-04-2002, 05:58 AM   #5  

So is nobody doing any exercise at the moment - I know Ali goes to the gym, what about everybody else??

My plan for this week is to exercise everyday for 30 minutes. I am going to walk on at least 4 of these days and try some simple areobics on the others.

Time to dust off those exercise videos.
Old 08-05-2002, 10:23 AM   #6  

I walk the dog every day for 20 minutes but am planning to increase this by 5 minutes per week. I am also going to return to using my rebounder (remember them girls???!!!) and to doing one of my exercise videos at least twice a week initially.

Tracy
Old 08-05-2002, 07:52 PM   #7  

Didn't manage my walk tonight - am slipping already. Will need to ensure that I make time for me tomorrow night
Old 08-06-2002, 11:31 AM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

Its a bit warm to be rebounding at the minute, may do that more when the weather cools down a little.

I have already posted that I have started Aqua Fit classes. I am finding it very good, you don't get hot and sweaty as in floor aerobics and neither do you feel like you are having a heart attack ;-)

I went twice last week and aim to do 3 sessions this week, add this to my badminton, it means that there is only one day when I am not active.

Doing something like this, I find puts you in the right mood for food. There is more chance of you being more active in general, WANTNG TO DO HOUSEWORK (not that can't be right!!) seriously I have felt much better, I have more get up and go and I can manage my food better. I looking for results here.

Jano
Old 08-07-2002, 11:52 PM   #9  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

This sounds like a good thing, a friend of mine does it and says it's great, www.curvesforwomen.com
Old 08-09-2002, 03:30 PM   #10  

Have hurt my foot so I'm not moving very much at all !!!!

About 6 years ago I broke my foot across my toes - just like David Beckham only I wasn't in all the papers. By the time I realised it was broken - it wasn't that sore, just uncomfortable and it kept swelling all the time - it had started to heal by itself. But I was warned it would always be weak. A couple of weeks ago I twisted my foot and it has never recovered !!! so now the swelling is starting again and it is uncomfortable again, but I am scared to go to the doctors as they have threatened to break it and set it properly - i know in my heart this is what I have to do or at least get it checked out, but I am a chicken.

So the bottom line is I am too much pain to exercise - do you need a note from my mum before you let me off with it ?
Old 08-11-2002, 05:09 AM   #11  

Have done a lot of thinking about the foot. It has given me trouble in the past when I am stressed out and I am that and more at the moment. So if I lose the stress and some weight it will probably get a lot better. But in the meantime I'll call the doctor tomorrow.

Am going to try for a short walk this afternoon, in a pair of flat trainers and with taking it lightly I should be able to walk for 30 minutes. Will need to stay near the house incase my foot has other ideas though ?????
Old 08-11-2002, 08:15 AM   #12  

Went for 2 hour walk yesterday 6pm till 8pm totally done in could hardly walk afterwards my bruv made a curry though when we got home so not all bad!
Old 08-11-2002, 11:26 AM   #13  

Well done - am jealous it is raining now so my promised walk may not happen - will dissolve if I walk in the rain
Old 08-12-2002, 08:27 AM   #14  

Thats a lie I'm housebound puppy sitting at the mo!
Old 08-12-2002, 03:08 PM   #15  

Foot a bit better today - Feel I may be back to some serious walking and exercising if I keep resting it
Closed Thread