UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:52 AM   #16  

I like Tae Bo especially as I can only motivate myself to do half an hour at the moment! Kate's Cardio Combat is pretty effective although it's a little boring. Zoe Lucker's is rubbish and so is Penny Lancaster's Ultimate Body Workout. Kathy Smith kick boxing is pretty good. Micah's pilate's isn't bad.
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:57 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/112

Height: 5ft 1

I did Davinas' power of 3 the day before yesterday and I can still feel it in my legs!

I attempted MOS pump it up yesterday but had to give up after the warm up and switch to a Rosemary dvd as I'm too unfit to keep up!
muppetmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:09 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 212/203/154

Height: 5'8"

Does anyone do the Natalie Cassidy one? My sister swears by it, but then shes fit and skinny anyway. I'm finding the lunges very difficult. Can anyone recoomend an easy one for a beginer please?
Thanks!
TracyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:02 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/112

Height: 5ft 1

I think Rosemary Conley is fab for beginners as she has exercises that you can do at different levels depending on your fitness
muppetmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:08 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 154/154/140

Height: 5"7

I just bought the Claire Sweeny WW DVD and its ok, but she is just soooo fake its unbelievable!
Amy Toria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #21  

I just got Colleen's cheesy disco fest and that's great fun.

Have to prize me off the Wii Fit with a crowbar though since it came on Friday! It's fantastic fun!

Last edited by PhatPhoenix; 02-01-2009 at 12:34 PM.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #22  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I swear by natalie cassidy i lost all my weight with this dvd!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:23 PM   #23  
Acb

I've got too many fitness DVDs! I used to get one each time I needed to buy something from Amazon and had to spend a few more pounds to get free delivery! My favourites'd be.. "Hotpants Workout" - which is really fun after the third time when you know where to put your legs properly, "Jordan's Workout" - her voice gets on my nerves but the trainer's quite good and the moves are kickboxing-eque, and Claire Sweeney's one which is simple but effective (I do agree with you, Amy, she's annoyingly fake in the introductions!).

Davina's workouts are much too hard!
Acb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:27 PM   #24  

Hotpants is one of my all time favourites. However camp he is, I still fancy that choreographer.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #25  

Sadly there is not enough room in my one room to do anything like that - plus I live in a tower block on 13th floor and would get complaints if I started thumping around...

Angel D - this intrigues me about a code - I went a got a multi DVD specially cos I have a number of foreign films. It is quite hard getting multiDVD (I got one from Amazon) and I am wondering what happens when we go digital.....
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:22 AM   #26  

Ministry of Sound Pump it Burn it Lose it is good.
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:26 AM   #27  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

I have the tae bo which is really good. I also have Carmen Electra's Fit to Strip . I just bought yogalates which is alright but has a lot of floorwork. (DUH it's yoga!)
elusivekoolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 180/180/160

Height: 5"6

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiad View Post
"Sweatin' to Metallica" lol
Best idea ever!

I've tried a davina one (can't remember which!) and found her extremely annoying so i didn't do it again! lol
I want to start doing a dvd in my room, i walk a lot currently and would like some extra exercise in the comfort of my own room, i might try some tae-bo as it's been mentioned a couple of times!
BeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:12 PM   #29  

Jenny....

Can you tell me hwo you find Carman Electra? I've got one of her dvd's but only watched 5 mins as I feel I have to be more fit to be fit to stip! I love the concept at any rate.

I use/d Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds dvd's. You don't need a lot of room .... you can be any level ... and no complicated moves..... my kinda dvd.... pity about the hairstyles!

Judith
justjudith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirl09 View Post
I am a HUGE fam of the ten minute solution dvds, I have a couple and a couple more on order!I walked 8 miles to work and back on monday and hurt my foot so i am resting it til the weekend which is when my "Dirty Dancing workout dvd should arrive!woohoo!
I love the dirty dancing workout dvd, it is so much fun, but hard work. Plus the female instructor is sooo annoying, she really pisses me off, I skip the dances taught my her.

Last edited by roobear; 07-31-2009 at 06:36 PM.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote