UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:05 AM   #46  

Whew Miche! Must have been some fire. From what you have said about your little fella - I can imagine him having quite a chat with the reporter - and did the reporter manage to get away!!!

I have been surfing for secretarial jobs but not easy as despite my years I only have an (as in 1) o level. Most jobs are law/banking types and I cannot do those - no qualifications. I have seen a few at other universities so I trying these. I tried at a load of Department stores (they must have some secretaries!) but nothing doing.

Apparently if I lived in Cambridge or Oxford or York - they are crying out for secretaries - not really worth the commute from London though is it?
Old 08-13-2007, 03:43 PM   #47  
Wanna be below 200!

S/C/G: 289/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft7

I hope you find a job you want soon Peacock. I'm sure something will come up for you.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:23 PM   #48  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

Sorry to hear about the job peacock, things will be looking up again soon. Cambridge isn't that bad of a commute, i use to do it 4 days a week from London only 45 minutes from Kings Cross on the train to university.

My sister has shed almost one stone and my mum has also lost another 5 pounds this week. They are really trying hard....They make me feel even more motivated.!!

Michele- you too funny..

Last edited by SlimmingWorldChick; 08-13-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:12 AM   #49  

I might be on the TV soon. I was roped into being one of the guests in a day time version of ****'s kitchen (not called that) which was filmed by the bbc last night. I was trying to avoid talking on camera but i had to go into a "diary room" at the end to vote so there was no escape !!
Old 08-14-2007, 08:46 AM   #50  

Is that the one with Angela thingy who used to be on ****'s Kitchen with Gordon Ramsey? I saw a bit about it somewhere. That vague enough?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:12 AM   #51  

Didn't have too much to do with the presenter, he wasn't allowed in the rersturant for some reason. He was called Simon Rimmer though. Have seen him on to Buy or not to buy before and apparently he has a veggie resturant somewhere.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:21 AM   #52  

Oh yeah I've heard of him he's Northern I think seen him on Granada.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:02 PM   #53  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

His restaurant is Greens in Manchester I think.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Well done to your your mother and sister SWC, your doing great yourself though.

I was a bold girl at work and had some biscuits but on the whole i've been reasonably healthy. Had the most wonderful salad at lunch time, but wasn't I the biggest bag of wind this evening so I couldn't gym!!

I went to my parents and did some ironing this evening. My mother continues to be in great form altogether these days. Her medication has been reduced and its as if she is coming out of some kind of fog. She will always need a small dose because of her Schzophrenia but this is the best I have seen her in long time. Please god it continues. Did the ironing, did my mother's hair watched a programme about Gibbons and urang atangs how do you spell that? Then hubby called round and took me home.

Got home from work this evening and got an awful shock in the nicest sense didn't the big fella clean his room. I cannot believe it I've been asking him for ages to do it. It is quite disgusting I'd be afraid to see what you'd find down the side of his bed. He sorted his desk sorted his clothes and even bloody hoovered. I'd say he's after something.

Oooh and when I got back from my parents tonight hubby had tidied and hoovered. I knew having a dinner on the table for him when he got in from work yesterday would do it!!!

Goodnight everyone godbless

Michele

p.s. Peacock I used to commute into London from my little town and I never got a seat and one time I fainted oh the absolute shame, because I think everyone saw my knickers!! Probably wouldn't bother me these days!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:30 AM   #55  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I have been to Cornwall for the weekend, it was fabby.

I've been to the gym again today! I know, what a shock! I'm also going out running tonight which might help my stress levels as the "best man" just e-mailed and asked to stay. Tonight. I am not a happy bunny since our shoe box is a tip from us just dumping our stuff on the floor and not unpacking from the past 2 weekends holidays! Oh well, DH can deal, I'm off out!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:08 PM   #56  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I don't think I'm going to enjoy my run tonight. I've agreed to do an 11 mile recce for an off road relay race I'm doing in a few weeks time, but I got just a little tipsy last night after playing rounders with work and I've been suffering all day. Oops!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:20 PM   #57  

Miche- yes your lad is deffo after something! Be firm - oh and hubby gaining 'brownie points' too! make the most of it!!! glad your mum seems better.

2 frus - how was cornwall? I have always wanted to go.

YP1- ah well we all have our bad days (and they do you a bit of good I think!!).

Sarahgrace - oh a telly star you will be!! Simon Rimmer was the chef on 'something for the weekend' that was on Saturdays I think on beeb 2 - I preferred it to James whotsisface.

Thanks to slimmingworkdchick and crazy helen for kind thoughts. I cannot see me affordign to commute to/from Cambs though!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:49 PM   #58  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hello girls, I've been away a few weeks with having my friend over from home... I resisted the cadbury's while she was here, but have allowed myself a few chunks since she left, can't have it going off now, can we?

I started the 6 week solution at work this week again, so hopefully I can lose about the same as last time...have to show willing as I am the class rep. I have nine ladies with me this time...bless, we had such a fun class... it should be a fun six weeks.

Peacock, good luck with a new job...I feel sure you'll find one soon that suits your location

Hope the hungover feeling doesn't ruin your run too much Helen

Welcome back from Cornwall Frus, any cream teas while you were down there?

Michelle.... we missed you, glad you had a nice time in Ireland....were you born there by chance? Lovely to hear about your Mum and Dad doing well.

Sarahgrace......a TV star Wonder if we'll get it on BBCA over here, we have Ramsey's kitchen nightmares which I've become addicted to...he makes me laugh when he gets cross....

Right, time for a cuppa and a sort out of the garage....the side where we store stuff is starting to creep over the side where I park...

CG.where are you..talk later
Old 08-16-2007, 06:16 AM   #59  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

For photos of Cornwall, see my blog. The weather was lovely on all but the last day.

And yes there were cream teas, but only one!

Yesterday I made it to the gym and did my weights, then I went home and went out for a run. This new training plan is getting me motivated again!

Today I have to teach my ladies MMA class and I really don't want to! I was getting used to slobbing around at home and going back after 3 weeks is really scary! I don't know why! I'm just turning into a wuss I suppose! I have to figure out what I'm going to do between 6 and 7pm, I think I might go shopping for some meat and veggies! We are decidedly low on the veg, because I can't be bothered to ever cook them! I might just get some carrot sticks to nibble on!
Old 08-16-2007, 02:54 PM   #60  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

Peacock you do whatever is best for you as you have to make sure whatever you do is best and easiest for you.

Michele -thank you so much for the encouragement. You've had quite an amazing journey yourself from 210 to 135 wow, thats amazing and inspiring!! Also i was wondering where does your DH come from? cos i saw you was talking about your children's dark looks.

Welcome back BritainNJ!!

2fus - it's hard to believe teachers sometimes dont feel like teaching lol I'm starting uni again in September and dreading it but it's my 3rd year so only one more left after this then i'm done!!Even though i'm prob gonna do a masters in Health Sciences least the degree will be done.

I miss ma boo so much but i'm kinda worried cos when he comes back he wants to have the 'do we want to be serious' relationship talk. I hate dat discussion cos i'm not really sure what i want. I kno i want to be wit him but it's complicated cos i dont think i trust him with my heart or myself. I'm not ready to give up my power.

Wow i've also discovered Calorie King!!I've also dicovered that eating over a certain calorie amount makes me feel awful and the next morning i suffer from stomach cramps, this has led me to stop eating high sugar foods such as chocolate. Even ice cream sometimes has this effect. Hmm..wierd now im not eating chocolate it has helped a lot my tummy dont hurt at all unless i eat more than im suppose to.

Last edited by SlimmingWorldChick; 08-16-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Closed Thread