Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 07:02 AM   #1  
Working My Way Happy!

Default Sunny Saturday!

Crazy4carbs,

Did you find some sneakers yesterday. Sounds like you really have a plan going there. I heard about the chronium also. Have a great on plan day. I always gain 5 lbs water weight when I eat chinese but it is soooo good.LOL

Nita,

Don't give up girl. 1/2 lb isn't much. It could be water. Just write down what you are eating then you can see what is happening. Then you have more control. Sometimes we don't remember everything we eat in a day. I know sometimes I don't it really helps to write it down. I always have a loss when I do that. I hope this week goes better for you.

Well I am still doing great. Had a very busy day yesterday had to clean 2 houses because I didn't work on thursday. We have my daughters birthday party today. On tuesday she will be 4 yrs old. I can't believe it already. We have a bouncy bounce coming today for the party it should be fun. I have been up since 5:30. I did my exercise here with my new equipment and I am ready to go. I have a million things to do this morning. The party is at 1pm and I haven't started cooking yet.LOL We have about 60 people coming. I have to drag it and go get some eggs at the farm.

Have a great day everyone I will check in again tomorrow.

Drink your water and remember your goals you are striving for.

Sherri
Old 06-01-2002, 09:03 AM   #2  
Opening a whole new world

Default when it rains it pours at my house

I have not been on because of everything going on. Thursday I picked brandon up, and he was soak and wet. His head, and came running up to me saying that his pee pee hurt. The outside of it the other day looked red. We thought just from being hot. Tried to get my stuff done on the way home. but he was crying so much. Got home and cried for a while off and on. At about 4:00-4:15 gave him some cold motrin thinking that might help his pain, and he had a low grade fever. At 4:30 he was crying more off and on and he let me change him. While changing him, i noticed that it look like there was blood in his urine. Called doctors, told me to take to er. Tried to get a sample before he went in to be seen. Wasn't a lot. when he did it was blood. Got in the Back and He feel asleep, and we opt for a catherider (sp). With his surgery it's hard to find the opening. I had stepped out, and when I came back in he was screaming. They were trying for the wrong area. Got it, finally. Test results. Urine was nasty. They gave him an iv of a real strong antib. and sent us home, white blood count was good, which was great. Means we caught it fast. He has another antibo. that he is on for 10 days. After that we have to take him in for another test. He hasn't had one of these in a real long time. He is on bactrim for kidney infections, which we have 2 more years till we are tested again. I just hope he isn't getting amuned (sp) to the bactrim. If he continues to have them, we will have to go back to the u of M for somemore testing, so they can change antiob. I didn't work again yesterday. The medicine, and drinking cranberry apple juice is working. He still hurts when he pees. Then I found out on Thursday that my brother and mother have to go to court on Monday about dad. Seems that his little episode in the hosptial has given him a lot of trouble. We went on Wednesday, and we had decided that he wasn't coming home. He doesn't want our help. None of this is our business. I know part of it is the dementia. But part of it is he is so darn stubborn. He will be were he is at for a while, but we have to figure it out. Mom one minute doesn't want him around, and the next she is preparing when he does come home.
My eating not great, but not rotten. Scale is down, 2.5 pounds. Had to buy a new one, cuz i dropped a weight on it and it broke. I'm just hoping it is close to the Tops one. This one also measures bmi. What i ate yesterday for dinner made it go up three. From 40 to 43, but my scale is down from after I ate. The next 3 days are going to be healthy I hope. I plan on going to my sisters later, so brandon can play. Hubby is up north canoeing. I'm going to atempt the church thing tomorrow. I hope I can get there.
Nita. Shake this off. We all can do this I know we can. New day, new thoughts and new going. That is what I'm going to do. I went to the store and didn't buy any bad food. Everything was low sugar, veggies, or baked. We need to get focusing.
Sherri- Weigh to goal girl. You are focused. I hope megan has a great day. Keep control. I will be here tomorrow after church. Not sure when this one gets done.
Crazy- great job. You can do it too. I know you can.
eleni- hope all is well with you. Penny keep up the great work. Summer you too. Christian. Hi, and hope all is going. All of you that are out there and didn't mention. We can do this one step at a time.
Hang in there. Think good food, and good thoughts. Educate, and grow. We are determined to suceed. Daily.

Last edited by shortstack; 06-01-2002 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-01-2002, 10:01 AM   #3  
senior chick

It's hard to believe that its June 1st already.

Thanks Sherri and Wendy for the encouraging words. That was my second week in a row to have a gain and I don't want another one. So, starting today, I'm counting points again. I've already walked 2.5 miles this morning. I just want to have one month, four weeks, in the black. (NO more gains!!). I CAN do it!

Sherri....Give Megan a big birthday hug for us and have fun at the party.

Wendy....I'm sorry to hear that Brandon has the urinary infection. I hope the antibotics will kick in soon and he will feel better.

Hope that everyone has a good weekend.

Nita
Old 06-01-2002, 12:00 PM   #4  
Mother Hen

Good morning all
Sherri--You sound so busy i don't see when you even have time to eat. But we seem to always manage. Hope the birthday party goes well.
Wendy You do have your hands full. You are in the sandwich group. You have children to take care of and then you have parents who are becoming children and need to be taken care of
It is not easy. It puts a lot of pressure on you. Hope things lighten up and you can get a little break
Nita I am with you. I wanted to have 4 weeks but so much for that. My motivation has not been real great. Have gotten most of my exercisng done for the day but I had to force myself because I felt I was just wasting time I could be doing other stuff. But I did it.
And speaking of exercise. It is getting hot where some of us live so be careful to not get over heated if you exercise out doors.
Hello to the rest.
Hope all have a good weekend You guys are my inspiration
My chapter is slowly getting better about supporting each other. I tell them all the time that they will only get out of TOPS what they are willing to give. We are a small chapter but I do have some nice ladies
Closed Thread