Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2001, 07:53 PM   #16  
gbo

Hi my friends, doing well and of course OP( I will get below 300)
and drinking 128 oz of water a day. So far so good. Down four and a half pounds and relieved to the max. Still cry easily but I am feeling better for the most part thanks to all of you.
Susie Q - I am so sorry you are feeling poorly. I told my Doctor about an old Mountain remedy that really works when he was sick and LOL he began to suggest it to his patients. So here it is:
1 tablsp. honey
boiling hot water
1 tblsp. Musselmans apple cider vinegar.
Put the honey in a cup add boiling water ...mix and then the vinegar it fusses up a bit. It sounds awful but it isn't and it really helps a lot. a couple of times a day works wonders.
Take care and get well soon.
Love Pam
Old 10-05-2001, 09:29 PM   #17  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Hello Friends!!!

Sooooooo glad to see the "weigh in" thread today! The bus is a little lighter and me sooooooooooo proud!

I remain on plan but have been HOOKED on peanuts lately! Anyone have an explanation for that? I eat the UNSALTED ones that come in the shell.

Still swimming! Maybe that is how nasus caught that cold. (I told you to dry your hair before going out in the night air!!!) Go haunt fralick on her treadmill for awhile!!!!!! LOL

gbo....so glad to see you are keeping your spirits up in this time of loss! And VERY proud of you remaining on plan! That scale WILL go down! When I clicked the doctors scale from 250 to 200 it felt AMAZING! I can not WAIT to click it to the 150! (It will be awhile 'til I get under 200..but it WILL come!) We will all get to goal my friend! So glad to see you going for the H20 trophy! Is there a water shortage in your town now??LOL Keep up the good work!

nasus......I got my fingers crossed that a "dream job" will find its way to you. Hope your cold gets better! It is hard to stay on plan when you feel lousy! You are a strong woman! BEAT THAT BUG!!!

butterfly......you are finding your way around very nicely and fit right in here! So glad you decided to take a seat on the bus!

paula.......terri........joanne.......please check in. You have been kinda quiet back there on the bus! We need you move you to the front seats!

HAVE A GREAT ON PLAN WEEKEND ALL!
Old 10-05-2001, 09:37 PM   #18  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Pam that sounds suspiciously like the sling that my MOHAWK friend keeps telling me of.

1 cup of HOT water
shot of ginger brandy
1/2 lemon
and enough sugar to drink it

mix, drink then go to bed and it will be all sweated out by morning.

aother of her favorites is onions on the feet for a fever.
Old 10-06-2001, 06:14 AM   #19  
Work in Progress

Good Morning all

I posted a 3 day chall thread, anyone in?

Sue, Hope you are feeling better. There is something going around here. The inmates are worse than children when it comes to colds and flus. I am glad you are getting some job tips, you sound hopeful. Stress is a good way to tax your immune system and you certainly have had your share of stress lately.

Dana, way to go w/ the loss. Especially since you have been carrying Sue around while exercising. Because your are toning and losing, Don't forget to take your measurements it's a great motivator!

Pam, I am glad you are coping and saw a loss on teh metal monster.

Hello to Terri, Joanne, Lee Butterfly and everyone else

have a great weekend
Old 10-06-2001, 07:51 AM   #20  
Trying to find my way.

I have noticed that Dana is getting smaller and look at the bulges in her calves!!! Whooo Hoooo hey girl you had better watch out, you are loking good!!

Pat i am sure hopeful again. I know that the stress has been taking its toll on me. I had this comming on for about 2 weeks as i have been popping the pills for a headach on a severaltimes a day basis. i know that it is stress and not the carbs. but now that it is comming out i think that i will feel better now. thanks for the check. i will keep you poosted at the job thing.

butterfly how are you doing?/ did youtake your measurments??? i have a few links for food that i can post for you (recipies) if you are interested.

Dana how are you doing have you done your measurments???

Pam did you get my email messages. we were on at the same time yesterday and i was trying to get you on IM or messenger service so we could chat. email me with any info. if you decide to do it.

Terri and joanne how are you guys doing???

Lee i have not heard from you in a while. You got me a great kick in the but to stop trying to snack whee are you I need to thankyou!!!! do i need to get the tape out???/
Old 10-07-2001, 06:18 AM   #21  
Work in Progress

Good Sunday Morning All,

I am trying to start the day with a new attitude, Mine got the better of me yesterday . My plan is to paint the kitchen, got a slow start on it yesterday.

Pam, how are you? I didn't see any posts from you any where from yesterday. I hope you are alright.

Dana, how are you? Tooth all better?

Sue, Take great care of yourself. Stress does some awful things to your immune system. I just read an article in prvention mag, about the impact of stress and weight gain. Very interesting. STress causes a fight or flight reaction, causing the cortisol to inc, causing the retention of fat in teh abd, and this is complicated by insulin responce.

Lee, How are you doing?

terri, Joanne, B00?

I am intending an OP day
Old 10-07-2001, 03:42 PM   #22  

Hi everyone. You know I got back on track after the tootsie roll thing but feel so crappy today. I'm not sick but this staying OP is getting the best of me. This past year I've done so well but the past 3 months I'm having problem's. I'm not losing as fast as before. I do soooo good for my 2 protein day's and screw up the 3rd when I actually get to have fruit/veg. I was so hungry last night I went to bed at 7:30 so I wouldn't cheat. I hate that. I wish I could just eat what my husband/kid's eat but I can't just have one helping of must stuff or I'd be fine so I have to always diet. I'm sooo sick of dieting. I've been dieting since I was 12 and I just turned 30 this year. I'm irritable all the time because I either feel fat/bloated from eating normal or from dieting. I get so bad on the low carb that my husband call's from work asking me to please eat something before he come's home. That's sad!!!! I just seem never to have the right foods to stay OP with this program but I know it works so I do the best I can. I find the low carb protein bars really help but their so expensive to have all the time. Any ideas??????????????????? I could really use some advice right now. I hate being so emotional over what to eat. Its really sad we all have to worry about eating a certain way in order not to gain lots of weight and feel horrible about ourselves.
Old 10-07-2001, 07:12 PM   #23  
Trying to find my way.

Butterfly. Hang in there. some things to help over the munchies are things that are high in fat. that helps the cravings. and try to take some chromium that aslo will help the cravings. there is no reason that you should be having this much problem i know at first it is ahrd to find the fight foods. try some cuckes with salad dressing. make a bunch of hard boiled eggs for egg salad, ot eat on a salad. tuna w/ mayo fake rice pudding (cottage cheese, dash of cinamon, dribble of vanilla, 2-3 pkg of fake sugar, and dribble of cream) have cold cuts on hand for the real big munchies. eat a few slices of ham, or better yet turkey. a slice or 2 of cheese. have some strin cheese on hand. A good idea is the carb solutions shake MIX do not buy the premixed that is expensive but if you get the powder that is about 9$ for a huge can and get vanilla it is better than the chocolate and then add a few strawberries for flavor. that will really help with the cravings. but if you get this make sure that you have a good shaker can because it is hard to mix and leaves you with a bunch of lumps./ I have a mixer from tupperware and that works good.
hope this helps

I have heard from Lee. she threw her back out from cleaning.
she will be back as soon as she can stay long enough at her puter to sit and post. Lee if you are there take it easy and rest your back.

Pat i read something about the retention of fat and stress too. thanks for the reminder. i am taking it easy so to get better faster, there is no sence in pushing it. it is funny how i was ot sick till i was out of a job???

going now to rest take it easy all of you will see you tomorow
Old 10-07-2001, 07:36 PM   #24  
gbo

Oh Butterfly,
Darlin you are suffering from the "I am being deprived" syndrome that defeated me for a whole year and a half. Now you would think that having your life on the line would really make it easy wouldn't you? Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!
As long as I had that attitude and I did for 47 years...I did not suceed because I felt I was being cheated. I was... by that very attitude. I was cheated out of the freedom to be myself and not a fat cartoon of myself. I was cheated out of being ,doing, going and enjoying life to the fullest . I was cheated, deprived by the foods I put in my mouth. It is not the food we choose to elimanate
from our lives that deprived us but the desire to remain safe and fat that we battle. We have to learn what our slender Sisters know. The pleasure in life is in doing things we want to do without restriction, to feel good about ourselves and how we look to us, in self-confidence and the freedom to express that confidence in all we do instead of hiding and eating. To be apart of all the things and situtations when we sit on the outside looking in. FREEDOM from the addictions of food. The habit of feeding our lacks covering them with food and making the chasm
between who we really are and who we are in a fatsuit. BIG DIFFERENCE.
You have to change your attitude about food and make it non important. Fuel for the body. The right choices leads you to personal freedom as a human being, as a personality, as a body long weighed down and stifled by fat. In otherwords get the emphasis of food and on to your goals.
Know what you want , see it in your mind, set your goals and learn to say no to yourself. Say it often and it begins to get easier and easier until keeping OP becomes automatic without thought and temptations are but a thought flying through very quickly. Soon the no will take no effort. You will be trading food for all the things you have missed out on , not done , avoided, wanted perhaps even cried for. I made a list of all the times I did not go with my friends or took part in things I wwould have enjoyed but weight stopped me. Though, the excuse would never have revealed that. All the times I felt outside looking in. All the places I have not been... waterslides, amusement parks, dances,
parties, clothing stores I can not shop in , clothes I would have liked to wear, activities I felt uncomfortable about and did not go, so many things write them down and see what food has stolen from you...even that guy who wouldn't have given you the time of day that you lusted after. Once you see what food has cost you It will be soooooo easy to let go of. And once you keep the weight off and within two lbs for 1 year. All those things you have chosen to give up for a while will still be there. You won't miss a thing you will just deal with it all wisely, so that you are always free of OBSESSION! I know. Honest. Make your own list and see on the job, personally, in public, medically everything . My list was so long it took me three day's to write it all down. You won't regret the time and effort you spend doing this and when you are done.... say to yourself this is cost I pay for my food addiction.
It helped me a lot and a great deal of understanding about myself and my life fell into place. Hang Tough Babe what you are reaching for is true freedom with you in contol of you and not your addiction. You will suceed if you get your head on straight one time but you will still need that duct tape from time to time.
Thank Goodness there's so much of it around here!! Lol
Take care, it is only to worth it.
Love
Pam
Old 10-07-2001, 11:36 PM   #25  

PAM/SUE thank you so much. i guess great mind's think alike because Pam I went to the store tonight and bought that carb solutions shake mix and protein bars. I make my shakes in the blender because I have to have the ice. It makes such a difference. I promised the girl's I'd take them out, they wanted mc donalds so i ate a small fry and 2 bites of burger. yes i know that wasn't good but i'm getting OP tomorrow. Seem's like I keep saying that but I am tomorrow. I got some thing's to see me through. I really do good with the carb solutions bars.

Sue I also picked up this really cute journal and already started to write thing's in it. You ladies are really smart

Tomorrow is the beginning of a new day/week. Your right fitting in those cute jeans I have in my closet are calling my name. I WILL be in the jeans by Thanksgiving(OR BEFORE ) and thanks so much for the food ideas. I forgot about most of them.
Old 10-08-2001, 12:04 AM   #26  
gbo

It's ok, you know...we all have started over and over again. Once you make up your mind you can do just about anything. Tomorrow is a fresh slate a whole new beginning. Make it your first day to freedom. We are all with you 100%. If I run out of duct tape I can assure there are many here to tape you in. Hang on the future is yours....you will make it a great one.
Love'
Pam
Old 10-08-2001, 06:00 AM   #27  
Work in Progress

I think that as I read, one of the hardest things to overcome is trying to balence weight loss, families, ourselves. I am 38 and my mother took care of the family, over herself always. That is waht I was raised to model. I have worked in human services all my adult life, where I take care of people, I am trying to break 15 years of taking care of DH, and have this 42 year old man take care of himself ( a habit I started) and while I don't have children I have read replys from people here that put them first over themselves.

I try to balence things which isn't easy. DH has been doing this woe and exercise w/ me and it has been a godsend. We have been there for each other when we get bored or frustrated. It has helped. Before we did this I was trying to lose weight w/ lo cals and exercise. I watched my portions and the food choices I made.

It's all mental w/ me. It's all about attitude. Food is just food. It is not my lover, friend, enemy, rescue. It doesn't think or plan or save me.
SO for me

I choose what goes in my mouth
I am the shopper so I buy what comes in the house
I choose the size of my portions
I am the cook so I create the menus
I have the power to change my life.
I need to keep things simple

SO for me

This is a process of learning. I seek out information where ever to help me learn this new woe.
My family will be fed what they need to live. That doesn't have to include hi cal treats. Which aren't any better for them then they are for me
There are new ways of preparing old recipes, I just have to commit to search them out.
I am important, my health is important, it is OK to do what I need to do to lose weight.
I have to make myself the#1 priority, because if I am not ok I can't take care of anyone else.
I can't bake my usual way. If I am going to bake I will have to find new ingrediants and new ways. If I bake I will eat it. I haven't baked since 7/01( execept a cake I brought to work), No one has died from that choice.
I have the power to change my life
I have to be committed to myself
I have to choose to love myself
I have to choose to live
I am responsible for my choices and responsible to act on them.

None of this has been easy for me, I can say however I have had more OP days than not. Recently I have hit some rough spots, but if I am honest w/ myself it is because I have lost focus and have become somewhat complacent, have reached a goal and haven't committed ( or believed I can acheive)to the next one

I try to avoid this part, as I fear to appear to preach or know it all, which I don't
Some suggestions

B00- DO a google search on lo carb, sometimes peoples personal web sites come up w/ pictures of before and after. That will inspire you.
I beleive that alot of peopel complain that after a ceratin point they see a slow down of weight loss. I f you know you are not alone, it could give you some comfort
when cooking for your familym just add a potato to teh meal and not eat it, that way you aren't feeling deprived and stressed cooking 2 different ways
There is a forum here taht address' feeding your family too ask for advice
There is also the sugar busters forum here that has a list of articles etc. Go to there weekly post the first reply has a list of liks to go too.
If you are struggling w/ balencing atkins w/ your family there are all sorts of lo carb woe , investigate them and find one that fits you better.
Make a decision that you are not dieting(which is tempory and based on denying yourself) you are changing the way you eat.

Sue- There are all sorts of new ways to bake that would be lo carb friendly, go to teh sugar busters forum they have a recipe link. You can then still bake w/o teh guilt and shame when you cave.

I am now done, I am off the soap box( can you hear it creek and groan?

I am feeling mentally better today. I hope and pray to have a completely OP day, I hope I didn't offend anyone with the above stuff.

SUe I hope you feel better, I love the new smilies you found
Pam Love ya girl
Lee I hope your back is better
Dana How was your weekend
B00- I love frappcino'from Dunkin Donuts and have been thinking about buying some powder and make my own, because until recently have been drinking the real thing.

Joanne and Terri Hello hope all is well
Hello all Lurkers, I wish you would climb on board
Old 10-08-2001, 07:08 AM   #28  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Good Monday Morning Friends!!!

Another busy weekend........but is was wonderful! Special activities on Saturday then out with hubby....(had a fabulous antipasto salad)...church.....visiting on Sunday with friends....dinner at their house...(pork roast, cheese and pepperoni slices for me)....the Steelers won...and one of my sons came to visit! Yipee!

I managed to stay on plan and walked in the sunshine (even though the wind was against me..or was that NASUS!!!)

I read all that has been shared since my last post and WOW! The advice given to butterfly could have been written by me. I supose this SISTERHOOD we have is GLOBAL when you are anything above a size 12! Every word was well said and I applaud how well is was written. SOmetines it is hard to express the pain we feel in these bodies that don't belong to us! I have said before....I ordered size 8 capri pants and a tank top...who gave me this size 20 black dress??? My hubby, who has NEVER struggled with his weight.....and thank God passed those skinny genes on to our two sons......has NEVER made me feel bad or unattractive no matter WHAT my weight was. I was a 14 when we married and my biggest was a size 24 jeans. I once expressed to him that being this size was like him wearing the ONLY suit he had when we were first married. It was a suit he bought that did not fit him well....he was not comfortable in it.....he did not like it...but at the time we could not afford to get another one. Each time he wore that suit he could not WAIT to get it off! I told him THAT was how I felt 24 hours a day..7 days a week. And now......with nearly 20 years of dieting by eating low fat and high carbs and having NO SUCCESS
...I found the ATKINS PLAN..(LOW CARBS)
The weight is coming off.
I do NOT feel deprived.
I look and FEEL better
than I have in a LONG time!

We all fall into the same traps. Yes, I am 43 married for 23 years with sons 21 and 18. I have put everyone else before me..and it SHOW! Now, I joined the Y to swim and take time for walks.....even though the house needs dusted and the floors need mopped!

I make sure I stop at the store for on plan items even if that means dinner will be 20 minutes late for hubby.

My sons are at college...but when they were home...I met all of their needs as well.....putting my own on hold.

Just because we put others first...does not mean we have to put ourselves LAST!!!

Again...alot of good advice here...that is why I love you all soooo much! Let me add something small. To get rid of cravings, try the CELESTIAL SEASONS DIET PARTNER TEA found in most supermarkets. It is a strawberry citrus flavor and contains chromium that helps supress carb cravings. It helped me before nasus shared what chromium even was...so it works!! I microwave the hotwater and tea bag for 2 minutes and let it steep for 2 minutes..then use the teab bag to make a second cup.

SHeeeeeesh.......just saw the time and I need to get to work! My love to you all and best wishes for a great ON PLAN week so that when we face Mr. Scale on Friday...and the WORLD EACH DAY..we are our BEST selves!

Last edited by 25_HOPEFUL; 10-08-2001 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-08-2001, 10:09 AM   #29  
gbo

Well my dears, I haven't slept much at all this week and I can tell I am about to crash(stand back) LOL. I have this every once in a while. Lee is having a hard time with her back and Oh God do I know that one only to well.. she say's she has gained 10 lbs even though she is OP but with the pain medication she is taking I am not surprised. They always did that to me too. Some are worse than others but it goes away quickly. Get well soon, my Dear Lee. I miss you.

Pat ....I am soooo proud of you. I hope you are just as proud of yourself. Attitude is half the battle, even with the water ..gurgle...gurgle...slosh, slosh.
You are taking back your life and and the freedom to choose. You are right , the more you have for yourself the more you have to give.

Hopeful...Thanks for the Celestial seasonings tip that is one I did not know about and I will use it!!

I am OP my hubby made me breakfast yesterday all OP. I was so delighted and I knew I had made a believer out of him because I have hung tight no matter what. The pride in his eyes...

Another roller coaster ride looms before me as my little Simba is losing ground. I don't know if she will come through or not, she is getting weak and losing weight again. She's my cuddle baby. No one can nuzzle like she does. God will she will pull out of it but who knows. I am doing all I can but if my daughter leaves I know no matter how bad it hurts or how much it feels like I am dieing...I am not and stress , sorrow or pain does not affect my being OP. It is a separate issue totally. It's just so much in so little time and to me they are my children for I have loved them as I would my birth Daughter. I thank God I had them all but how lost I feel sometimes without my Loves....but when I come back here I know I'm not really because I have the best friends in the world. I do everything possible but in the end it is not in my hands. How I manage is. I know I am very emotional, I always have been and here I do not hide. I do not need to,Thank God.

This years has just not gone as I had planned!!! Ah, the plans of mice and men. I have stayed away from the scale and I must say I look forward to weigh in....can you believe it!
Love you all.
Pam
Old 10-08-2001, 07:19 PM   #30  
Work in Progress

THought I would peek in to see if I had offended anyone.

And to share
I have been OP all Day!!!!

Thank God. And all of you!!

Nothing carb feels as good as OP!

Dana, sounds like you had a great weekend.

Pam, sorry about your most recent "child" illness, Hope she gets better. Thanks for the support and pat on teh shoulder. It helps.

Sue How are you feeling. Thanks for your support and "boost" over at 100# club. It means alot. I hop eyour cold id winding down.

B00- How are you doing?

Lee, My heart goes out to you. Back problems are so nasty.

Have a great night all
Closed Thread