Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2001, 05:23 PM   #1  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Wink Low Carb Support #4

Two pages...time for #4. Go back and catch up on all the latest at #3 before posting here, okay?

Time to do dinner dishes then hit the Y! (nasus....got your suit on??) Catch you all later!
Old 10-02-2001, 09:23 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Oh pam my heart goes out to you. I am soo sorry. i can not imangine the pain that you are gong through. i am sending hugs to you as you need them. please do not leave the posting for long if nothing else then email me. please or i will flod your box with email till you respond!!! knowing your indian blood i know that the furry kids are just like flesh. take care and grieve as you need. then come back to us please.

butterfly welcome here i hope that all is well and it sure sounds like you are ready for the round. this i have found a very though month for me as i have many kids birthdays this month so it will be hard!! i will be needing much support to get through this month,

terri i know how much needed getting out and being terri is. not mom not huny just terri. i love those times that is when i go bellydancing. i still get a huge kick as my belly dances all by it self i do not need to domuch!!! but any ways there is a great way to pamper your self!!! and that 2 lb will drop off in just a few days and a few more to boot!!! great job being OP!

Pat Whoo Hoo you are really getting things done great here!!! wow. I have just started to get the funny head feeling but i think that i scared it away. great for you for working thruough it!!

Joanne??? how are you doing???? I am worried about you.

Lee right on tract today. did the exercises and stayed OP for the day with a few tiney mm's just for the fun and it was not fun!!! but otherwiase doing great!!! what about you??

Dana i hope i am not pullling that wedgie up to far that can be uncomfortable

Oh gosh i was up late last night so i had better get to sleep. i was headed that way then i checkd in here and had to post!!!

night all will check in tomorow!!! Hope to see you butterfly
Old 10-03-2001, 04:39 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

Good morning all
Another quick note. I have to eb to work early today and be there along time, UGH

Just wanted to check in

Pam I am so sorry for your loss. So soon too( i believe you had a loss shortly after coming to teh board) Take care of yourself

Head cold is better

Still OP( got bad breath)

WIll check in probably tomorrow

Hello to everyone
Old 10-03-2001, 06:33 AM   #4  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

GOOD MORNING MY FRIENDS!!I am ironing a blouse and pair of slacks this morning that I could not wear last year at this time! (Yipeeeeeee Skipeee!) Who knows what treasures are shoved away in my closet! I am getting rid of ALL clothes as they get a bit "loose" so that I will have to go NAKED if I so much as gain 1 pound back! (Not a pretty sight...so THERE is an incentive!)

I am staying on my Atkins Plan and feeling wonderful! I do not mind passing up the goodies but I do manage to miss "ice cream" here and there. Does anyone know if you can eat ANY kind of frozen yogurt or icecream on this plan? Please share.

nasus......The Y pool is terrific! I am swimming up a storm each night! I appreciate you yelling at me from the side of the pool rather than riding my butt as it is a bit more comfy without you ON ME!!! You made me go an extra lap last night......I hope it shows up on Friday's weigh in! Keep up the good work! I can't wait to get to the 40 pound loss so that I can put up my smilies! YOu really keep me going and I appreciate that!

fralick.....glad to hear your cold is better. BOTH my sons who are away at college are on antibiotics! Soooooo much going around with the weather change! I feel so bad that I am not there to make sure they are getting enough rest and fluids and shoving chicken soup at them! Hopefully mom trained them well and they are taking good care of themselves! Sooooooo glad that you are remaining OP! (I never had the bad breath problem thank goodness! Maybe some folks don't get it! I keep telling hubby to LET ME KNOW if it happens...but soooooo far soooooo good!) Maybe the LOW CARB ANGEL is cutting us some slack!

gbo...so sorry to hear about your loss. I pray that God gives you the strength to get through this difficult time. There are soooo many things in life we have NO control over. We DO however have control over how we chose to do our "eating plan." Do not "fall off the bus!!!" Keep control over your food choices and you will feel better and PROUD of your achievements ESPECIALLY during this time of heartache! (Stay on baord...we will even let you pick the radio station we listen to on the bus for awhile if it will make you happy!!)

butterfly....welcome welcome WELCOME!!! So WONDERFUL to have you here! You will find that we are a great group of ladies trying to rid ourselves of these FAT SUITS someone ordered by mistake! (I ordered a black tank top and white capri pants in a size 8....how I got this size 20W black dress is a reallll mystery!!!!) Anyway...keep posting and stay on plan! (Weigh-ins are Friday if you care to share. It is GREAT for accountability and it really helps as we all move toward GOAL!
terri........SOOOOOoooooooooo glad to see your post! I thought sure you may have fallen out the window when the bus made a big right turn! Keep posting and weigh in with us on Friday! (Gotta stay on plan and on track! The bus is moooooooooving toward goal! REMAIN SEATED UNTIL IT COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!
Paula and Joanne........How ya doin' gals???? Please post!

Here's to a great day! (I will finish in light blue to remind you all to drink your WATER today!) FLLLLLLUSH that fat! FLUSSSSSSH that fat!

Last edited by 25_HOPEFUL; 10-03-2001 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-03-2001, 08:32 AM   #5  

Morning, Ladies!!!

Today is HUMP day and again, the first day of the rest of my life. The weather is lovely, especially in the evenings. Now that it has cooled, I think I will ask hubby to walk with me a little in the evenings.

Two days ago, I walk around the mall for a while before getting my nails done, and yesterday, I (somewhat) cleaned house. I did a major clean in the kitchen (remember, I was gone eight days and hubby forgot to do dishes while I was gone...he also didn't clean counters or ANYTHING!!!). I also vaccumed and cleaned the rug on the back porch (where we usually have happy hour) and cleaned the porch. I also did 3 loads of wash. Doesn't sound like much, but was a good day for me for moving about.

I am still OP...have been since I've been home. I've used crazy glue to keep myself on the bus...looking forward to losing the rest of this FAT SUIT!!!

I just got a call that company is coming (she will be here in 7 minutes)...will write more later. Please hang in there...we can and are doing this together!!!

Love to you all,

Lee
Old 10-03-2001, 08:16 PM   #6  

Default HELLO

Hi everyone,

Still hanging in there, altho TOM still not here,, last one I had was 7 weeks late, but I have symptoms and cramps but I will not let them be my excuse to indulge as I have in past.......

Ive been doing my FLYLADY cleaning , I even exercised last night for a while, not much but, hey, its a start right>?>

Hope everyone is well...stay OP and drink that H2O,gulp, gulp, gulp
Old 10-03-2001, 08:57 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

I still have yet to check out flylady but I have been doing the indepth cleaning everyday i have been trying to hit a new room.

Stayed OP today even with a few carrots for snack.

did exercising at the gym but only did a small amount. I had not energy. I think that i am starting to get what DH has. the dreaded head cold.

Terri i am glad that you are hanging in there i usually cave when TOM is here. that is one of my hrdest times. just do not put stress on me during that time i will cave!!! so be strong i will send you great vibes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ how is that??? does it help? and here lets duct tape you in!!!

Lee i have never met a man who will do dishes without being threatened. so i am not suprised he did nothing. What clean counters too??? were you expecting miricles??? they are absolutly clueless aren't they?

Pat take care you are just getting over the cold do not work to hard so you get sick again!!! are you managing to eat right while at work??? how is things there i know that there was a bit of problem not to long ago i just wondered if things have calmed down or not? take it easy please.

Dana/ did we go swiming tonight?? i was wondering. i will be in the pool with you as i think that i need to soak. you are doing great girl!!! I am so excited foryou. getting out all those new clothes!! (well new from a while ago) I am soon going to hit the sally store so i can get some thing to wear. it has been over 13 years since i fit into this size so all that i have is gone!! just handme downs from friends,

Butterfly where are you??? how are you doing on day 2?? or actually day one. are you feeling better. this illness can really be a clincher. the funny thing is my stomach is starting to trun on me now i wonder if i am getting it??? more than in my head??? oh dear take care and check in soon please.

Joanne where are you??? how are you doing?
Old 10-03-2001, 10:30 PM   #8  

I'm here. I just found you tonight. Wow you girl's have alot of different threads going but I found them. I'm a little better today. This cold thing wipes you out. I'm doing good besides the 4 small tootsie rolls I ate. I'm not going to get depressed over it I just won't do it tomorrow. There gone anyway's. My daughter is waiting for me to watch a movie with here so I be back tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2001, 01:45 AM   #9  
gbo

I just can't stay away....I'm sure thats a good thing. New for me I usually just withdraw from everyone. HMMMM more changes than I knew myself. I finally went to sleep about 1:00 am . I was startled awake by Tasha Yar and Chi having an argument. Chi is 16 and a crabby old lady but also a Darling . She is normally so prim and dainty but these day's she doesn't put up with much eve if she causes the problem. I got up and looked it was 7:00 am ...gee thanks I muttered and went to sit with Mom awhile. I went back to sleep at 9:00 am and slept until 4:00pm. I feel better. Not myself but I am getting there. I never even thought of going off OP. It was not and is not an option nor a thought I will entertain. When it comes dancing through my brain it is quickly dismissed as idiotic. Something not worthy of notice. I have the occasional craving but not like I did. I will not let the thought take more than a few seconds of my time and totally reject it. It is becoming easier and easier. The cravings fewer and fewer. I am really amazed and delighted about that. The longer I am OP the easier it gets and mostly I have no desire to do anything else. Yesterday I don't even rember what I ate but I know tuna was one...I do know I was OP and read a label to discover precooked fahita chicken pieces contained corn syrup and a ton of salt. I did not eat that. My water suffered severely as my stomach was so tore up and while sensitive I am doing well with my water today.

Thank you all for the loving Kindness and understanding you have shown me. In this life I was not blessed with Children of the Skin but my friends I am totally blessed with all my children of the fur and I Thank God every day for them , for all my loved ones and for each and every one of you.
Lee & Sue - What would I do without you. Susie Q you can fill my mailbox anytime. Lee ....it may not have seemed it but you helped me more than you know.
Butterfly.... tootsie rolls....tsk , tsk. I am so glad you are here it took me awhile to fogure out where ever one was too but once you do.......
Love, Pam
Old 10-04-2001, 04:48 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Boy this week seems to have gone by so fast. I haven't had the ususal internet time, hence the short posts lately.

I am still OP. It is pretty esy to stay OP at work becuase unless you bring it or bring money you don't eat. My co-workers have been rpetty supportive so there is no pressure to eat what they bring in. Everyonce in awhile I get craving, but I haven't caved so far. I decided that my prune snacks were not helping me at all. SO I have eliminated them . I will have to investigate something else. The other thing I would like to investigate is using sugar alternatives and baking. But then I think it is not worth the risk. I am worried about the upcoming holifday season. I am a baker and did this as a hobby in teh winter. I am thinking of taking sewing lessons to compensate. DH is doing well and is a godsend doing this along w/ me. It makes things so much easier. He has lost quite a bit now and we help each other when we are thinking of caving.

Sue, How are things going? I am a worker and god willing have never been unemployed. The time off would drive me loopy, but I have no kids. The cold is better. I haven't pushed myself too hard this week exercise wise. Just kept myself connected to it. Do you have an exercise ball? How do you use/ like it?

Dana, Yes Op is great. You are a goddess!!. Something the otehr day reminded me of your fat suit analogy. And got me laughing. I think I was actually thinking that I could be successful in my journey. My next hurdle is to weigh less and need to buy new clothes in 20 -22 size. This is quite a mental thing. I weighed 225# when I got married the 2nd time. I don't want to fall in teh trap of well I got into all my current clothes so I did it. ANd not keep working. It si so much a mental battle too.

Terri I was so glad to see your post Coangrat on being OP

Lee, If my DH ( whom I spoiled when we were first married and I am trying to unspoil him now) did teh dishes w/o being indstructed and threatened I would either be dying, he did something really bad, or he has been repleced by an alien. I want to comment on something you said one day that has helped me at work and in stressful situations. YOu remarked that I must be one tough lady because I work in a prison w/ inmates. That comment has helped me alot lately and thank you for pointing taht out.

Pam. Take it a day at a time. You are doing well and are a strong lady. I love your enthusiasm and energy.

BF00- I am so glad you are finding your way thru our maze here. It woould be easier if we had a dedicated club forum. How are you doing?

Joanne where are ya girl?

You all have a great day. I am off to exercise!!!
Old 10-04-2001, 07:11 PM   #11  
gbo

Thanks Pat...I am still OP and coping. I have all of you to lift me up when I can't do it for myself....God, Thank You so much. Energy huh.... Enthusium is natural for me but energy gee...I like that. It is what I seem to have the least of so That is delightful for me to hear. There is hope!!!Chuckle,chuckle.
I am doing well on the plan and hope it is reflected on the scale tomorrow! That would cheer me up almost as much as my kindred spirit... Lee. Thank you for the time you spend with me. It means alot to me just in case I forgot to tell you that. I feel better but I know I'm not back to normal my memory is swiss cheese.HA HA At least I know it! Love to you all.
Pam
Old 10-04-2001, 07:44 PM   #12  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Wink

Off to the Y to swim some fat off!

Don't forget all...TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We must be "accountable." Sooooo......don't forget to tell us how you do on the WEIGH IN THREAD here at the MISC site! Please post how you did this week and what your total is so far!

We are ALL in this together! The bus is rolling toward goal! How much "lighter" will the bus be this weekend after we all weigh in?????

YIPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

My best to you all!

Dana.......ALWAYS HOPEFUL!!!
Old 10-04-2001, 10:03 PM   #13  

QUESTION: what is the halloween challenge? If it's how much weight your wanting to have off by then I'd like to have 5lbs off. My daughter's begging to use the phone so I'll be back later.
Old 10-05-2001, 05:05 AM   #14  
Work in Progress

Good morning all,
It would seem that I can't type today URRR. Anyway
How are we all doing? I haven't weighed myself yet. It was a beautiful fall day yesterday. Windy and I had errands to do .

I think I will be joining Dana a the pool. Our local school has pool hours for adults. I thought it would be a nice break between w/o's.

Still manage to be OP. Lots of water.

How is everyone else doin?

The halloween challnege is an opportunity to list a goal with the target date of halloween. We also have October success challenge somewhere. I will bring them up to teh top.

Everyone have a great day. I hope everyone is well. Off to teh "gym room"
Old 10-05-2001, 07:17 PM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

Hi girls. I am here and doing fine with bein OP. Just having a ahrd time batteling this head cold trying not to succumb to it. but it is winning. i have not had a problem being sick fi=or a while but this is it!!! ov course it would hit when i am at my stressed time so i can not fight it. I just tok my echiniacia for it and hopefully i will win. the problem is that i feel whoosy and that is not good as i have the tendancy to eat when i feel this way thiking that i am a bit low blood sugar, but i know tht is not the problem as my blood sugars are the most stable they have been most of my life.

not much else is going on here. I did exercise and am doing fine with that (before my head started to swim) Dana i hope you forgive me if i do not go swimming with you tonight???

I went to the DOL and got a few great job tips. Pat i will have to email you the list of places to go for a job search and you may find one in your zarea that will be right up you alley. there was a bunch that i think would fit you (in my area) and there is a great way to search for things that are not in the papaer.

Butterfly how are you doing??? i know that getting op can be hard but you seem to be dong great. good job you will be at goal before you know it!!!
Closed Thread