Old 07-29-2001, 06:32 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default #3 low carb support

Hi all I started another thread as the other one was son long

I made crustless pizza last night and it was pretty good. I will make that recipe again.

I didn't do as well on water as I would have liked yesterday. It is so much easier to do that at work as I have quite a schedule there. The grocery shopping went alright friday night. I picked up 2 heads of califlower and my next recipe to try in the "mashed potos"

DH continues to be supportive he liked the "pizza". and had 2 helping of salad w/o protest/comments. I just watched.

Hope everyone else is doing OK
Pat
Old 07-30-2001, 06:09 PM   #2  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

HELLO ALL!

I'm back from another weekend trip. Friday was "weigh in day." Another one pound gone forever! That makes 18 in 6 weeks. I will admit that I wish it was more....but I understand that slow and steady wins the race where weight loss is concerned. I know I have lost inches cause clothes fit better and I am wearing some shorts I have not had on in 2 years so that is nice! A pound is a pound is a pound!!!

I still managed to get my walking in while we were away! Again, it was so nice to be able to keep up with everyone wherever we went! I took along "Starfish" white tuna in the blue pouches in case eatting out was a problem. They come in 7 ounce packs for about 1.99 and you just rip them open. No water mess and very big chunks! I really loved it! The hotel had a huge free continental breakfast with NOTHING for me.....so I made decaf green tea with the bags I brought......took a plate and fork and ate my tuna for my all protein breakfast! (I survived!)

I also made sure the hotel had an exercise room and did the treadmill! Yipeeeeeee!

The skirt I wore to the banquet we attended, (which mad plenty of yummy foods I could enjoy by the way) was falling off me at the waist...so when we unpacked today........that baby went in the "Salvation Army" bag! Wooooo Hooooooo!!!

I have lots to do to catch up..(plus I had to work today)....so I will catch you all later!

KEEP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT!
Old 07-30-2001, 08:32 PM   #3  
Wolfangel

Angry Hi ALL!!

Glad to see we all all doing well. The weekend was OK. I was quite crabby on Saturday, but I prevailed!

I will weigh myself tomorrow. I think the last time I checked I was 4 or 5 pounds lighter.

Off to make dinner. Take care all!

Old 07-30-2001, 08:57 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi all. wolf that is the best thing getting past the weekend. it is soo hard at times.

25 you are doing great. tuna on the go? I never thought of that. I will have to get some and bring it with me like that. what a wonderful idea!! soon the clothes will fall off around the ankles, that is what i am waiting for.

Pat I find that the weekend comes and I do not do sso good in the fluid intake wither, we will have to make an effort to drink more on the weekends.

I had a slow day hit the oliptical machine for 30 and hit a 375 for cals. I am excited.
Old 07-31-2001, 05:54 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

HI All,

Nice to see that we all survived the weekend!!

I had an almost close encounter with ice cream on Sunday. Fantasized about cake and ice cream on and off all day
But staved it off. Boredom is a big trigger for me and I was off kilter all day Sunday. In fact looking back I must have checked in here (3FC) 3-4 times on sunday. Which helped alot.

DOing well food wise and water wise.
Got in 2 w/o's yesterday, and have already w/o' today.

25_H- Glad you had a good weekend. I just hoed thru my clothes as well and this time I'm giving them away. Not saving them for when I need them.

WA- Glad everything is OK, Sounds like I got your sat on SUN

Sue- Hey girl how are you doing? Great workout!! Getting ready for vacation?? What town will you be near?

Hope everyone else is OK
Pat
272/253/172
Old 07-31-2001, 09:47 AM   #6  

Default GOOD MORNING

Hi all..... Well, I for one am glad this support group is still going strong cuz I definetely need it right now.... its day 2 AFTER induction and that seems to be my hardest time is after the 14 days....so its just one day(or minute) at a time for me right now... somehow I seem to think that since I did the 14 days, its like a green light to stop for a day or two and I know that I CANT do that cuz then I will binge for weeks and have to start all over again....THERE I said it outloud and had to read it so that really helps me!!! I dont want to have to start over again, I seem to keep losing and gaining the same 10 lbs and IVE HAD ENOUGH!!!
OK I feel better now......thats whats so wonderful about these threads is that we can vent, and share our experiences and have SUPPORT.... sometimes this is the only place we get our support and I know for me, that really helps.....SO thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge with us and helps us on our road to a healthier life
Old 07-31-2001, 04:51 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

Common Terri I know that you can do it. one day at a time! Just lift some thing that weigh 10 lbs and be amazed at the wonnderful things that you have done so fat. 10 lbs is a lot of weight. remember Oprah with her fat in a wagon??? that whole thing was only 30 just think of the fat would be half of a wagon ful. when you are at the store lift a 10 lb roast that is a lot. and remember that fat is 5 times lighter than muscle(so imagnie the roast 5 times bigger) to get the sam weight, that is how much you have lost. I know that you can do it one more day... and one more day...

Pat I must have been checking right behind you I was on about 5-6 times to. I have packed only part of it I am getting to the most of it tonight. I forgot some things shopping . We will be 5 miles norht of Inlet or 20 miles north of old forge, on 28. Eigth Lake. site 115. I am so excited. I need this!!!

Wolfangel how are you doing????

25?????

MammaJ?????

anybody else that I forgot????
Old 07-31-2001, 06:48 PM   #8  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Hello to ALL!!!

I just finished the dinner dishes and thought I would get online to check in before going for my walk. I will try to do 4 mile again today..but may settle for 3 if it starts to get dark!

Sounds like everyone is staying "on track."
Being ready is key! (Make extra trips to the grocery store in order to have "on plan" food ready!)

We can do it! Ohhhhhh YEAH!
Old 08-01-2001, 08:27 AM   #9  
Wolfangel

Default Hello!

Doing well here..so is the BF. It's my wonderful time of month, so I can't check my ketosis and of course, my weight is off. YUCK. So I'll have to wait until Monday for an accurate reading.

Sounds like everyone is doing just great! 25Hopeful, we wanted to walk, but the temps and humidity have hit 105 the last few days....so we are holding off for now.

Take care & keep cool!

Old 08-01-2001, 10:04 PM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

Mornig girls. I sure picked a great day to not exercise it is to darn hot!!! I did stay OP today. I had something that was certainly interesting I had melba wheat toast with cream cheese. i do not know if i would have it again as the bread set me off for the day and craving carbs is not good. I went a little over my usual but not bad.

wolf say hi to DB we are rooting him on!!!!
25 can you do my dishes??
Old 08-02-2001, 05:10 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

Hello all
Still OP. And I think I have lost 1.5 inches off my waist!! I am going to doa thourogh measurement and weigh in either fri or sat am. I am still amazed at the change I feel physically and mentally since starting this woe. I feel more aware of the choices I have of what I put in my mouth. where as before it was like I was a hostage to my crvings etc. I hope I am making some sence. WOW!!!
Sue- Isn't the weatehr a kikker? I can feel the humidity already. and I know we are probably a little cooler than you are. I hope next week is great for you. My sil had reletives where you are going and I guess it's a beautiful area!!!

WA and BF- way to go!!!

25H- After you are done w/ Sue' dishes coulod you do mine?

tornadotur- Are ya holding on ? You have come so far getting thru teh induction phase, way to go!!!!!! We'll take as you can handle it whether it be minute by minute or more!!!I have gotten so much help over hrer!!!So much friendship and welcome!!!

Hope eveyone else is doing OK
Pat
Old 08-02-2001, 05:59 PM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

Pat my dishes may take a while , the sink keepg s getting filled. that is why i am having pizza tonight. i will order 4 doz wings so i can try to stay OP>>> I am feeling hostage rifht about nmow tot he carbs,. I am just about to eat some ones head off. I am trying and it is hard a s i know that i will be off program as of saturday well sunday when we eat breakfast, sso i am trying to tell me it is ok fto go off now. i am having such a hard time it must be carbs doing this to me the only time i do this is when i have been overdoing it with the carbs and not writing and doing a food diary, so i know that i am over my limit somewhere and not realizeing it. I need to keep on thinking of 25's saying of do i love pizza more than i want to be thin....NO

Pat i can not wait to go I am so excited and yes it is beautiful. I am a bit worried because of the drought. last time it was this dfry up there the berries were not ripening like they should and the bears were gatting in to the camp sites daily, well nightly. I had to scare one out of our site by throwing shoes at her. and even then she did not go far. I will let you guys know how it goes.

OK girls how are you doing????
Old 08-02-2001, 06:27 PM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

I just checkedi n on another board that i post and ti was there right along. chrominum. I have not taken mne in about a week, that is known to help with the carb cravings, I am diving in to my bottle right now!!!!!

UUUHHH ........

can some body help me?

I got my head stuck in the bottle

Good news I am back and I did fine. I even was smelling the pizza. I wish that i remembered it earlier. I will say that it doeshelp if any body is wondering. 400 mcg of Chromium pilcolinate. phew

Last edited by nasus40; 08-02-2001 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-02-2001, 10:06 PM   #14  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Hello All!

I have decided that carbs are POISON! Yep! I have been staying on plan (I am doing Atkins) and feel so good, and just know that if I allowed myself a piece of pizza or a bagel or something, as good as it would taste..it would send me right back to the **** I was living!

The wings are a GREAT idea nasus. I made a big tray of them yesterday and had them for lunch and dinner! (Let me know more about the chrominum thing. Is it found in certain things or a pill or what?)

The weather here in Pittsburgh has been HOT too! We need rain BAD! I managed to walk my 3 miles yesterday and today. I have been going from 8:00 to 8:55 cause it is much cooler by then. It feels good to sweat...and I drink lots of water. My hubby walked with me the past 2 days and said he is proud of how I can "keep up" with him. (We use to go for walks before and I always complained that I felt like a little chinese lady staying 4 steps behind him!) He is 6'2" with a big stride and I am 5'9" with a medium stride. I think doing 3 miles under 1 hour is good so far becaue the track we do has alot of up and down hills. It really works you out. I love using the hand weights too. I HATE my "Popeye" arms and wish I could walk on my hands to give them a work out and lose the fat!

fralick....How long have you been a low carber? I know what you mean about feeling better. I notice at work that I am much more sharp and I love not having the headaches I used to get. It is wonderful.

Tomorrow is "weigh in day" for me. Keep your fingers crossed. I will report in!

Stay on plan all!

SICK OF BEING FAT HERE IN PITTSBURGH...BUT LOSING IT BIT BY BIT AND LOVING THAT!!!!!

Old 08-03-2001, 05:23 AM   #15  
Work in Progress

Happy Friday All,

Sue - way to go!!!! I was worried about you. You seemed in a bad way!! I will be thinking of you on your vacation. Keep them mama bears out of camp but be careful. That area might have had a little bit more rain than my area has had. So the berries might be OK. My husband and I usually pick blackberries on hie grandfather's land but I am sure they are dried right up. Now try to leave those evil marshmallows alone, or limit yourself as you can. And just sit back and enjoy yourself!!!

25H- I have only been doing this 3+ weeks. I researched for awahile and then decided on teh low GI index diet. I am in the transition mode of learning new ways to cook and shop. DH is working w/ me and has lost some weight and admits to feeling better. Which has been a great help!!
Well everyone have a great Friday.
Sue i will miss you!!

pat