Old 11-30-2006, 07:15 PM   #106  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Sorry to have to run...as usual...just wanted to say I had to take my last pause yesterday, but just did my crunches now. So..Day 15 is notched!! Gotta get through six more, no slips!! I can do it!

Jolly! Good to see you...hang in there!!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:09 PM   #107  
Ashley

Height: 5'8"

I'm falling asleep sitting up, so just doing a quick post and then off to bed.

Calories 1500-1700 - day 13, with 3 pauses gone
Candy <100 calories per day, day 14, 1 pause gone
Fruit/vegetables - 4 or more servings per day, day 14 with 3 pauses gone
Ashley103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:22 PM   #108  
Never give up

Day 16 is done! I just got down and did the crunches! Five to go!

Ashley -- Good for you on another day notched! How do you keep your calories down so low?! I don't think I could. Then again, I don't know if I do. I really must start counting....I think I have only lost muscle and not fat and have been gaining again, gaining fat again. The clothes are not as loose as they were....I don't dare weigh myself...ah, it's not something you can just ignore ever, it is? I think this is the hardest part, having to be constantly vigilant. Nah, my life's not exciting. The racing is about the only thing I still do as far as reporting goes. The rest is in the office trying to manage near chaos. Nothing exciting there, just exhausting and frustrating as all get out!

dj -- Shoveling snow! Wow! Difficult to imagine. No snow here. It's rare that Tokyo gets it and then only maybe in January or February. Good going on your challenges!

jolly -- Come on girl, you can do it!

Last edited by redballoon; 12-02-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:39 AM   #109  
Ashley

Calories 1500-1700 - day 14, with 3 pauses gone
Candy <100 calories per day, day 15, 1 pause gone
Fruit/vegetables - 4 or more servings per day, day 15 with 3 pauses gone

Did the company Christmas party last night, and mostly managed to stay away from the food table. I had a light calorie day prior to the party and drank a lot of water before I went. Weighed this morning and find I'm up a pound for the week Yes, I know it varies, but still I don't like it!

Red - you're in the home stretch now. Hang in there for six more days! keeping the calories down is always a challenge for me. I'm a sweet-aholic, so staying away from the candy and ice cream is critical. If I can break the cycle and stay away from a couple of weeks, it gets much easier. Seems like the minute I stop counting, the calories shoot way up and so does the weight.

DJ - I don't envy your snow shoveling at all. I grew up in an area with snow and ice, and very cold. Don't miss the weather at all.

Jolly - nice to hear from you again. Keep working!
Old 12-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #110  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Day 4 & 5 - good - Some sort of purposeful exercise everyday - level 3
Day 4 & 5 - good - No food 2 hours before bedtime - level 3
Day 4 & 5 - good - At least 4 servings of fruits/vegies per day - level 1

Almost didn't make it on the vegies yesterday, pulled it off with a last minute save for dinner.

Today I should get plenty of exercise in, we're off the the mountains to find a Christmas tree . That usually involves lots of hiking around since I'm so picky. My husband tends to pick out about 20 trees before I agree on one. Drives him crazy !

Ashley - Good job on the company party. Those can be so hard! Don't worry about that pound, like you said, weight varies. My weight can vary as much as 5 lb around TOM and a pound or 2 at other times.

Red - Hey, you're almost done! Good going.
Personally, I think you're lucky you don't get much snow! Shoveling snow here where I live tends to start in November and won't end until maybe April. We've even had storms dump a few inches into May and people talk about the year we had snow on the 4th of July!

Have a good weekend everyone!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:06 AM   #111  
Never give up

Well, Day 17 is done.

dj -- Good job on the challenge! And good luck finding that tree! Did you? And lots of exercise too? Oh, I'm with you on the snow. I really don't need it especially now, since it would mean I couldn't ride. I grew up in Pittsburgh and back then we would get lots of snow...of course, nothing like Idaho, I guess. That's amazing that you had snow in July?! Bizarre!

Ashley -- You're amazing, sticking to that calorie count. The minute I start thinking about NOT overeating, the easier it is for me to do just that! Great going with the party. It's the season here as well, not Christmas, but yearend parties, they're called "Forget the Year" parties. Good idea drinking all the water before the party. I wonder if that would help for me? Well, it's only four more days on my crunches left! Yippee! I am a sugarholic too and thus have done many no sugar challenges. Recently though, I just haven't felt up to the challenge.. but really should get back on it. It is sooo easy to pack in the calories when you're eating sweets. Continued good luck!
Old 12-03-2006, 10:03 AM   #112  

Day 6 - good - Some sort of purposeful exercise everyday - level 3
Day 6 - good - No food 2 hours before bedtime - level 3
Day 6 - good - At least 4 servings of fruits/vegies per day - level 1

Calling it good on all challenges.

Yes, we found our tree yesterday and got lots of exercise in while doing it. I can really tell that all the exercise I do now has made a difference. I hiked all over, up and down hills in knee deep snow and it never bothered me. The tree we ended up liking the best was actually a couple hundred yards up a hill that was very steep. My husband wouldn't even go up there to get it. My 2 teens and I climbed up there and cut it down and had to roll it down the hill to where my husband was waiting. Kinda crazy, but it was fun!

Gotta run, it's my husbands birthday today and I promised him a hot breakfast. Have a great day!
Old 12-03-2006, 11:11 PM   #113  
Ashley

Calories 1500-1700 - day 16, with 3 pauses gone
Candy <100 calories per day, day 75, 1 pause gone
Fruit/vegetables - 4 or more servings per day, day 17 with 3 pauses gone

Busy weekend. I had the mall "shop til you drop" experience yesterday. Somebody needs to explain why there are no jeans available for sale that do not show my butt when I bend over. Whatever happened to jeans that actually come up to my waist?

DJ - Amazing what a difference some exercise and the loss of 89 pounds can do for your stamina, isn't it? Just think, you would probably have missed that opportunity with your kids if you weren't working so hard to get in shape. Good for you.

Red - I can't just say no sweets. Just the thought makes me break out in a sweat The best I can do is cut way back. I used be able to eat one of those family size packages of candy by myself in one day. Hard to even imagine that now.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:31 AM   #114  

Day 7 - pause - Some sort of purposeful exercise everyday - 2 pauses left
Day 7 - good - No food 2 hours before bedtime - level 3
Day 7 - good - At least 4 servings of fruits/vegies per day - level 1

Yep, had a pause on exercise. Crazy day yesterday with not a minute to spare, literally! Managed to get our tree up, but it doesn't even have 1 decoration on it yet. Guess I'll get that done as I can.

Ashley - Yep, I know about those jeans! I've noticed that all the "in" places to shop only carry the low cut ones. I have found the waist high ones, but mainly only online. Kind of have to search around.

Hi Red and everyone else out there! Have a great day!
Old 12-04-2006, 11:18 AM   #115  

Good morning all. I had to restart my challenges yesterday. Friday there was a bad snow storm, and the gym closed. Saturday I was feeling ill, and did not get to the gym. I was back yesterday, and back to the killer circuit class this morning.

I have been so exhausted lately - I have energy for nothing. It is really bad. My friend thinks it is due to the poor eating and sporadic exercise I have done lately. I am working on that, but if nothing improves soon, I am going to get it checked out. I hate feeling like this!

Have a great day all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:13 PM   #116  
Ashley

Calories 1500-1700 - day 16, with 3 pauses gone
Candy <100 calories per day, day 17, 1 pause gone
Fruit/vegetables - 4 or more servings per day, day 16 with 3 pauses gone

Jolly - sorry to hear you're not feeling well. It is important to eat the right foods when dieting and trying to exercise. Do you think you are getting enough protein?

DJ - do you have a site you could recommend for jeans? I went to the mall again after work tonight and tried on another 20 pairs with no success.

Red - hope you had another good day.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:50 AM   #117  
Never give up

Days 18 and 19 are DONE!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 09:03 AM   #118  

Day 7 - good - Some sort of purposeful exercise everyday - 2 pauses left
Day 8 - good - No food 2 hours before bedtime - level 3
Day 8 - good - At least 4 servings of fruits/vegies per day - level 1

Ashley - The one that I know for sure that gives you a choice with jeans is JC Penny. I usually shop online with them because they have more choices for tall sizes which I need for my long legs! When you go on their site, they give you a choice for; at waist, just below waist and low cut. Make sure you do a search online first though for a coupon code. They often have free shipping codes out there. Can definitely save some money that way! Good luck!

Jolly - Make sure you get yourself checked out if you don't get to feeling better soon. It could be something like what your friend said or even something like your thyroid. Take care of yourself!

Red - Only 2 days to go! Good job!
Old 12-05-2006, 05:48 PM   #119  
Never give up

Hi people! I just knocked out Day 20. Hurrah for me, eh? No time to write, as usual.

Just wanted to say hi to all those of you posting, dj, Ashley, jolly...wow, there's not too many, is there? Well, I know it's the holiday season over there and things are gearing up...ah...talk of Christmas trees..I haven't celebrated in years and years. It's a work day here and, yeah, I'll be at the office, I think. Anyhow...good luck to all of you working on those challenges. You're looking good. jolly, get well soon!

Later all!

Old 12-05-2006, 08:05 PM   #120  
Ashley

Calories 1500-1700 - day 17, with 3 pauses gone
Candy <100 calories per day, day 18, 1 pause gone
Fruit/vegetables - 4 or more servings per day, day 17 with 3 pauses gone

Today was a challenging day. I was incredibly tempted to eat mountains of everything, and there was lots of Christmas junk around the office. Funny how I can go days with little temptation, then hit a day where I practically have to gnaw at my knuckles to keep from shoving cake into my mouth.

Red - good luck tomorrow on day 21!

Jolly - how are you doing?

DJ - thanks, I'll check out JC Penny's.