Old 01-05-2007, 07:58 AM   #571  

S/C/G: 226.6/190/160

Height: 5'4"

Kiwi- GOOD MORNING

I just weighed myself and I weigh 201 lbs. I am going to exercise now. Be back later.
scalewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:42 AM   #572  

S/C/G: 201/172/128

Height: 5 feet 0 inches

Smile

Wait its not 8:00? I just peeked in to see if you were up? I've got a few more minutes! NO FAIR!!!

Okay I've got time to get out of night clothes and put on something exercisey and I'll be huffen and buffen by 8:00

Oh I weighed in and i'm 191.2 !!!!

Kiwi
Kiwi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:12 AM   #573  

Smile

We have a bad storm coming up here. I was finishing up posting you and the power went off. So I'll try again.

I did about 20 min of exercise. I feel good about that. Right now I just want to get consistent on exercising I can pick up the pace as I go.
I was watching "talking about women's health" as I exercised. Its was interesting. They talked about replacing breakfast or lunch with a protein shake to lose weight and stay healthy. Also Patty Labelle was on talking about her book and diabetes. She has "Adult onset diabetes" You have a higher risk of getting it if: 1. you are over weight 2. over 45 3. history of diabetes in family 4. High blood pressure. I fall into all those categories. Its a good thing I went back to the doctor and let them run those test on me. They put me on Blood pressure medicine. I don't feel any different at all except one of the pills (only 2 small pills I have to take) is a strong water pill and boy does it work! I have lost 4 of the 6 pounds I gained over the holidays! Yahoo!
There is always a bright side to everything!!

Anyway, getting back to Patti. She said she loves to eat and cook. Always has. So now she eats pretty much the same but cooks it differently but it taste good. Plus everything is low fat. I think I'm going to go to Books a Million this weekend and look at it and see if its something I would do. I'm also going to see about a good tasting protein shake.

So how was your workout? I can't believe you started before me! Drag me out of bed to exercise and you already going at it! Just kidding but there is no way I'm doing it before 8:00. Actually, 8:00 a.m. seems to be a good time for me so I'll try again tomorrow!

Write later
Kiwi
Old 01-05-2007, 10:48 AM   #574  

Well, I did it I used my stability ball yoga exercises. I only exercised for 25 minutes but hey I am doing it. I am planning on taking a short walk later in the day. But that is just an added bonus.

I have watched the "Speaking of Women's Health" before and they have some very interesting information.

My goal is to lose 40 lbs by 10/26/07. I am trying to keep my calories under 2000 a day. If I exercise for 30 minutes a day that will help.

I hope that the blood pressure meds help.

O.k. I have to get going now but I am so glad we are doing this.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:14 AM   #575  
Want out of my FAT pants

S/C/G: 216/159/150

Height: 5'5

Happy New Year everyone

Hope you all rang it in with a bang

My weigh in day is Monday's so I was faced with getting on the scale New Years Day morn and after partying the night away just wee hours ago, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had lost 3 more lbs. So not being able to hit the 180's for years and years, I have now managed to go to 184!!!!!!!! So this has given me great inspiration for the New Year...I hope I can stick to my resolutions

So what are you ladies up to?

Scale glad to see you back...hope your exercise continues to work for you!
Kiwi glad to see you got your BP under control.

Danni
Danni Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #576  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Hey everyone. I'm new here. Hope yall don't mind me hopping in to say hello. I'm Hpnotq...I'm 23 and have been married to my wonderful husband for 2 1/2 years. Currently I'm working in retail and working on going back to school. I also write for a racing website. I don't believe in making new years resolutions because I almost always inevitably let go of them....I did last year. Instead I'm going for goals for 2007. Yeah yeah...so it's the same thing with a different name. Maybe it'll be easier for me to hold on to them. This month my goals are to drink no dark soda at all (only Sprite is allowed but once a week only), exercise no less than 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes and to drink a glass of water before I eat and one while I'm eating. I have a huge goal in the end, but right now I'm focused on those specific goals for the month. When I get through January, I'll add more for February. I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Hpnotq
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #577  

Welcome Hpnotq!! Glad you have joined us. Danni Congrats on the one the weight loss!! Yahoo!!

Scalewatcher 40 pounds by Oct is awesome! You can do that. 4 pounds a month!! 1 pound a week!! That will put you in a 10? 12? You go girl!

Has everyone heard about the health challenge? I signed up but now I forgot the website. duh!!! If anyone knows what im talking about give me the site and everyone check it out. Its free and has alot of stuff we can use.
Scalewatcher is should be great for us and anyone else who would like to join us each morning at 8 am!
Old 01-05-2007, 10:20 PM   #578  
Follow Me to Onederland!

Well hello Kiwi! I'm happy to be here...and I'm here for good

You're referring to the Discovery Health Challenge I think...I signed up this afternoon, but it doesn't actually start until January 13th. Here's the linky: http://health.discovery.com/BodyChallenge/index.jsp
Old 01-06-2007, 08:52 AM   #579  

Danni Marie-
Hpnotq-& Thanks for the link.
Kiwi24-I did my for 30 minutes and I wrote down my calories . I will check out the website. HOW are you doing? I know we can. I Know We Can. I KNOW WE CAN.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:18 PM   #580  

Smile

Yahoo!! I have officially lost the whole 6 pounds I gained over the holidays!! I have no doubt it was the water pill the doctor put me on but hey I love it. Now I'm back to 189!!

Scalewatcher I bought a cd yesterday at walmart "Yoga Booty Ballet" It has 2 cd in it. 1 takes about 40 mins and the 2 takes about 50. One has a salsa dance to it. I like it! I keep forgetting to write my stuff down! As soon as I leave here I will do it.

My focus is to be in a size 7/8 or 9/10 by Oct 24th (my Birthday) But I'm only going to concentrate on 1 week at a time. Otherwise, I'll lose focus. this week I must lose 1.5 to 2 pounds by Friday!
We can do this!!

I signed up for the website yesterday and started checking everything out. It is pretty cool. We don't have a Balleys here but its not like I would go. The military gives us a free workout center and I never go.

I'm off to write my food intake down!

Kiwi
Old 01-06-2007, 05:36 PM   #581  

S/C/G: 395/319/185

Height: 6' 1"

wow. it's been SO long since I've been here! you don't even want to know what is up with me. I pretty much crashed and burned at home for Christmas. It's quite pathetic. But, I'm back here at school now, and I'm feeling pretty good about things. I'm giving myself a day or so of not so strictness to get used to not having real food and stuff, and then it's on!

Hope everyone had some awesome holidays!
missindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:34 PM   #582  

Smile

Hi Missindy! Oh the joy of school! Well I'm about to settle down and watch a movie but I wanted to drop a note to say I've done good today. Scalewatcher I'll be thinking of you at 8:00 am when I'm doing my Yoga booti Ballet! ha ha

Everyone have a great weekend!

Kiwi
Old 01-06-2007, 11:12 PM   #583  
Follow Me to Onederland!

Just checking in to say hello. That was my biggest downfall the last time....not checking in. Hope you're all doing well. Went for a 20 minute walk this morning before work. I'm starting the C25K on Monday with someone in another thread...so wish me luck there. No work for me tomorrow, but I'll be doing some cleaning and laundry etc. Hope yall have a wonderful Sunday!!
Old 01-07-2007, 06:04 AM   #584  
suz
suz

S/C/G: 178/150.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Smile

good morning everyone
I just weighed in and I have lost 2 lbs i am now down to 168 i was going to exercise yesterday but just got to busy i will exercise later after church i did manage to not gain any weight over the holidays and also exercised a few times the last week My exercise classes started back up last wednesday but I could not go as they had me working days last week instead of my usual shift
Hope everyone had a good holiday and are now ready to eat right exercise and meet there mini goals I want to lose 5 lbs /month and exercise at least 3x per week more if i can manage it
I am going to check out that website later it sounds interesting
good luck everyone suz
suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:09 AM   #585  

Good Morning,

It nice to see almost everyone back and ready to get going again! I'm going to do some exercise and then get ready for church.

Way to go Suz! How much weight loss does that make you now?