Old 08-15-2006, 06:04 PM   #76  
loves kleenex box art

Ribs. I wil plan for ribs.

I know Wabby has visited my blog but I am not getting cheerful messages there. I deserve better.

Kiwi, here's a quote from a letter sent to my by UF. "we know the risk to first year students concerning the misuse of alcohol is high. National studies show that the first six weeks of a college student's experience are critical for building the foundation for success and developing a lifestyle as a student at a university." Then they refer me a webpage.

Hi you little Cherries and Frappies.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:42 PM   #77  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

we got step dd her meningitis innoculation the other day----i hope it's covered cause we get free medical care but we buy drug coverage. the shot cost 180 bucks!!!---they are recommending that first year students get a shot--have you guys heard this??? OKAY WABBY--WHAT THE **** IS BRINING??? YOU PUT YOUR CHICKEN IN A SALT BATH BEFORE YOU EAT HIM,IS HE A PLANT BY ANY CHANCE?? DO YOU BBQ WITH SKIN ON OR OFF AND WHAT CUTS DO YOU USE---ARE THESE CHICKEN HOOTERS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT???
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:37 AM   #78  
loves kleenex box art

Yes, Florida kids are required to get that shot before going to college. DS paid for his own and it was $18 I think at the health department. They also sell them at the university for quite a bit more money.

I am worried about Sugar. She posted on Aug. 6 that she'd be gone for a week. Wabby ... can you go look for her?

Last edited by Cowpernia; 08-16-2006 at 07:48 AM.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:59 PM   #79  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i thought sugar was my country--is she back to europe already???i am posting to tell peachers to get packing for ds-- i got some boxes for dd today at work and now i am about the move a bunch of her junk out of my treadmill room---i like looking at it all lonely and empty and begging for someone to walk with.i am also harvesting lupine seeds out in the greenhouse--those americans always buy them,hoping to grow them but i think they need FOG!!!!---i decided to harvest my own seeds rather than buy them and resell them myself!!!----sooooooooooooo my dd's will be departing soon for school and middle school starts up soon,---i may have my dump back yet!!!---now i have to go pack for dd=-----i was supposed to help paint the Dragonboat for the market---the race is next week and we have a five hundred pound boat that will be hanging from the ceiling of the market!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 03:14 PM   #80  

Bagzie, I don't understand why the dragon boat will be hanging from the ceiling - don't youz race the dragon boats there??? Sugar is in your country, but on my side of the continent. Last seen going to Lake Osyoos or something like that. She was supposed to be back at her parent's on the 13th.

We were only able to see the outside of the prospective house yesterday -- seems the owner's brother is living in the house and was totally snockered when the agent knocked on the door.... we checked out the exterior and land only. The place has a few issues -- needs new siding b/c the original is LP and is all warped, needs new roof, back of property has been used as a garbage dump. Piles and piles of nothing but garbage dumped there. However, DH has fallen in love with the d*mn shop --- but I don't live in the shop!!! We see the interior of the house on friday. I don't want to buy a place that needs total remodel, unless we can get it dirt cheap, which I seriously doubt.

I'll be back to tell you all about my chicken, Bagzie. It's time for lunch.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:21 PM   #81  
loves kleenex box art

No wonder I'm confused. Wabby and Shots and looking for houses ... Kiwi and Bagz have been instructed to leave messages at my blog and neither has ... DS is getting boxes for moving EVEN THOUGH he can only take what fits in my Buick .. annnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddd Bagz is racing boats on the ceiling? Is it just me? Maybe.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:26 PM   #82  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhhhh,they race the boats up the river for sure but we have to advertise and suppport the race so a local carpenter shop made a replica and we are hanging it for the festival---i will take a pic for you and send it around later.I WANTED THAT CHICKEN FOR SUPPER WABBY AND SUPPERTIME HERE IS THE SAME AS LUNCH TIME IN YOUR LAND!!!--- i am reading 'THE GLASS CASTLE' BY Jeanette Walls---anyone hear of it----wierd book,strange characters.---probably wouldn't read it at all but it's the book club pic for September. i have to go post on a blog---but i have to find it first!!!!----wabbby----can you get rid of the garbage dump??? you don't want rats roaming around i am sure of that!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 05:05 PM   #83  

OK Bagzie, here is the recipe, just in time for supper tomorrow.... 5 C. cold water, 1/2 C. salt, 1/4 C. sugar, stir to disolve.... soak boneless, skinless chicken breasts for 1 hour. Pat dry and pound each breast so they are somewhat even in thickness. Schmeer some veggie oil or olive oil on each and season w/ whatever you like, I use a spicy chicken seasoning, but you can use lemon pepper or whatever. Grill on bbq until chicken feels firm when you squeeze w/ tongs..... it doesn't take long, maybe 10-15 minutes. You can also finish off w/ bbq sauce or teriyaki. This doesn't make the chicken taste salty, it just makes it very moist. Try it, it's worth the extra hour, and you can brine it ahead of time and then pat dry and stick in the fridge for later.

We would ask the sellers for an environmental report and require them to haul off their junk if we were to buy it.

I loved Glass Castles! the characters were amazingly weird, considering they were her parents. Fictional characters would have a hard time measuring up to that amount of weirdness. I'm reading The Red Tent. Veeerrrry good.

I left a message on your blog, Peach. I quit writing in mine b/c I was sooo boring I was putting myself to sleep..... and I didn't feel like I could write about or post pictures of my sweet Grandbaby.... and besides that, I didn't have much to say. I don't knit.

I walked w/ my friend again this morning. I think I deserve extra dessert for that.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:59 PM   #84  
loves kleenex box art

I lovvviiiedd the Rent Tent. Ain't heared of no Glass Castles though.

Wabby you were good. You posted without a scolding. Bagz has now posted so she's sort of good. I am worried about Sugar though. This is weird .. did they go into the wilderness and get lost?

I knit socks because in Florida people wear socks but not heavy sweaters too much. Heavy sweaters are pretty but you have to take them off quickly when you go inside or when the sun comes out. I am just explaining this. I also knitted some scarves and plan to knit a sweater that's not heavy.

Meantime, we are packing. Any hints????? Pleaseee give help.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:11 AM   #85  
fatter than U

Smile still among the living

I'm alive and back from Osoyoos which was not as hot as we thought it would be. Did you know that Canada has a desert with rattlesnakes and sagebrush and Nk'Mip indians? Have taken more travel brochure pictures for Peachie. No time to post with all these people looking over my shoulder all the time. Saw my gorgeous, smart, cleanie best friend who (whom?) I have known for over 40 years yesterday for lunch along with two other gals I graduated from high school with 25 years ago. Whee! There were shrimp and avocados and lemon squares and vanilla lattes. Yum. They are going to have to drag me back kicking and screaming.

Will catch up with y'all later!

P.S. Am still fattish but a bit more tanned.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:50 AM   #86  
The magic shrinking cow

Welcome back Sugar P!

I want to read Glass Castles. I got to meet the author at that conference in June. She seems really nice and down-to-earth. Also, very pretty and slender-- the kind of person who would normally totally intimidate me.

I'm tired. Haven't slept well all week. Fat lot of good giving up caffeine has done. Of course, I also haven't gotten back into the swing of exercising, either. I'm barely averaging one run a week. Of course, this week, I ran, had bellydancing class, and went for a bike ride, so I'm doing a bit better. Maybe tonight we'll swim. Gotta get back to lifting weights, though.

Plant diet is going well. Maybe my weight is going down finally? I'm making an effort to eat a variety of foods and try interesting recipes.

Blah, blah, blah, enough about me.

Peachie, how's the packing going? Baggzie, are you packing too? I was on campus yesterday and saw lots of people with way too much stuff. They had more stuff than I took to Korea for a year, and I had a TV! Oh, well, I guess if it fits in their SUVs and their parents are willing to wait for an elevator...
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:23 AM   #87  
loves kleenex box art

what did they take Cherry? What does he need to take?

Welcome Home to Tan Little Sugar Pi.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:16 PM   #88  
Member w/ messiest house

There are too many posts. I cannot deal. I am still in my pjs at 12:15 PM. eek. Anyway. Hi everyone. Good wishes to all and commiserations to those who need them.

Seriously everyother word I type is misspelled. I think I'm under some sort of stress.....

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:20 PM   #89  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh yeah, Bagz, we are thinking of having a bbq for DD and her friends on Sunday and will not be able to fit all the ribs on the 'q at once. I'm thinking your method might work better than mine for this -- how long did they need on the grill after marinating? Just a few minutes on each side to char 'em good?

Thanks.

Later.

Kiwi the Harassed.
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:04 PM   #90  

are you still in your jammies, Kiwonk?