Old 12-19-2005, 07:22 PM   #1  
loves kleenex box art

Default Cows in sweaters and tight jeans

DS is out with GF. I just saw on the news that parents should ask where their kids are going, what they'll do, who'll they be with and who will be chaperoning. So I text-messaged him the 1st 3 questions. It's just the 2 of them. No chaperone. I just wish he'd get this college thing straightened out.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:08 AM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Eek, do I have to wear tight jeans to be here? I have a great sweater on -- heavy LL Bean v-neck heathered green wool. It can be worn with loose jeans as well.

That's the thing about these kids once they get on that social bandwagon, they are out with friends so much you forget to ask those questions many times.

Tomorrow is the H.S. Christmas concert. I should fire up some video camera batteries. I'd like to see them try to stop me videotaping it... DD has a vocal solo in a song called "Cool of the Night" and doesn't know if she has a guitar solo in the jazz band numbers. She also plays clarinet and oboe in the stage band. I'm going to need a lot of tape.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:31 AM   #3  
fatter than U

Cool I. Am. So. Fat.

You hilarious cows just slay me! Too funny!

ALL my jeans are tight - I fit right in here.

I was at the post office yesterday in a long lineup and in front of me was the vice mayoress of this town. She was waving to people like she was the Queen of England, but she still had to stand in line like the rest of us commoners. She did brag about her cards being heavier than everyone else's because she'd embroidered them herself. Royalty can be so annoying.

Boy12 went ice skating for the first time yesterday afternoon with his 7th grade class. He was itching to go because he said "We (meaning his parents) never do anything". He came back very cranky with blisters on his feet because they only had size 12 or 13 skates and not the 12 1/2s that would have fit him. If this kid is wearing a size 12 now, what will he be wearing when he's 18???

I'm thinking of branching out into clothes that might last a while and not shrink into a useless pile so should I buy from Eddie Bauer or Land's End? The catalogues here are totally different than in the US (less wrinkly stuff, especially in the summer) but some of it is nice. I'm tired of running around looking like a slob and I have no shirts that I like.

Thanks for the "dad is getting better" comments. M-I-L called my parents on Sunday and found that my dad was already home, but he didn't bother calling us because he thinks my mum will e mail me, which she hasn't, but the grapevine is good enough for now.

My divorced fireman brother got dragged to Las Vegas by his vegetarian girlfriend. She calls him Muffin. They are having a wonderful time, much to his surprise. I wonder if they'll get married? That would be the news of the century.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:10 AM   #4  
loves kleenex box art

Wait .... embroidered Christmas cards??? Really??? Sugar, are you supposed to be doing that if you live there??

DS is bringing the GF to dinner Thursday. Need advice. What should she call me? What should I cook? What should I do?
Old 12-20-2005, 06:39 AM   #5  

GADZOOKS! Tight jeans cowie???
Cowie: How sweet-- be your normal gracious witty self..darlin... Are you comfortable with Mrs. X or Ms X... I remember calling my bfren mom's by the first initial of last name like Mrs.B.. Some folks don't mind using their first name...

Sug: I get most all my jeans from Lands End.. they actually fit my wide short bottom and come in all kinds of delightful colors .. Then I pair it with those Big suedey Shirts with a tighter fitting one underneath. This hides my hugical hips, yet shows of my large bust..I still look like a dumpling.... Boy12 is gonna be a giant! I have a friend who when asked what size her foot is she say : CANOE.. she can fit a family of 5 in them boats!

Embroidered cards??? Good GAWD! Her Royal Hineyness sounds full of herself!

Kiwi: DD will sing like an Angel I'm sure.. My goodness how many instruments does she play? I wonder if she could get a music scholarship.

I skipped the gym this morning. I am still recovering from my chocolate eating frenzy.
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:13 AM   #6  
The magic shrinking cow

Hallo!

Break has started and I'm madly knitting Christmas presents. Again, I will have to send plain cards to my favorite cows. Every year I have all these big plans. Sigh.

I am now the token bellydancing cow. I went to my first bellydancing class last night and it was so much fun! I've ordered a gorgeous purple hip scarf-- so neat! I'm still fat, but darnit, I'm going to LIKE myself!

Blah blah food allergies.

I have all these comments when I catch up on the threads, then when I start to post them, I forget what I was going to say. Oh, but I was going to say I'm one of the token Catholic cows.

Sug P, glad your dad is doing better. Those fools. Argh.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:15 PM   #7  

Hi there, cheery Cherry Cow! Shake what yo' mama gave ya! My belly has been dancing all by itself with no help from me lately. jiggle jiggle jiggle all the way!

I do believe that tight jeans are the only jeans made anymore. I bought a new pair on Saturday and they are tight. I have this insane idea that if I buy some that actually fit me I will never lose the blubber. Kinda like a goldfish growing to whatever size pond it's in. I just have to remember to get bulky enough sweaters to cover, as Schatzi so eloquently put it, muffin top.

Sugah, do you ever buy from Coldwater Creek? Cute clothes if I wasn't so cheap. I bought a couple things from Tar-shay on Saturday. Cute. Cheap. Throwaway clothes, but I am not going to stay at this weight after the new year. Perfect 2006 here I come. Right after I eat that cruise ship outta all the food onboard. ----- Re: big footed boys ---Size 12 at 12 yrs? Maybe size 18 by 18. No way. My DS had huge feet at that age, but now he's over 6 ft. tall and they fit him just fine. He used to have a huge complex about his big feet. He'd have to arrange the bottom of his baggy pants just so around his ankles to disguise his honkin' big feet.

Cowper, I always asked to be called by my first name by gf's and bf's and friends in general. As long as kids act respectful I have no problem dropping the Mrs. --- I'd serve whatever DS usually likes. Spaghetti, salad, bread. Nothing exotic. Hey - be proud of yourself - this must mean that you don't totally mortify your DS like most parents do kids that age.

Lordy, it's been boring around here lately. The guys have been working like crazy and that means they're gone when I get here and work overtime. It's nice when I send out my billings, but geez, I'm so lonely.......

Kiwi, how did DD's dance turn out? no problems w/ the weather? ya know, the rest of those kids could just go home, DD could carry that concert all by herself. Speaking of firing up the video camera - that's what we bought for DS and wife for their Christmas present. I want videos of that baby!

Time to go check out what food goodies have been left by ppl around here...... Bad Wabby.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:16 PM   #8  
loves kleenex box art

what I cook a lot and what DS like is stir fry. Would you dare make that for an
Asian girl? I'm afraid to make rice for her.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:42 PM   #9  

Yup. If that's what you eat, that's what you cook. I'm sure she considers herself an American girl and wouldn't think twice about it. Don't worry so much - enjoy the kids.

You can quit worrying about me being lonely today - my mom just called to say they are in town from Arizona and she's taking me to lunch. They came to sign closing papers on their new house and to move their furniture in and then they're heading back down south for the winter.

If you want to feel blessed go here - this will tell just how rich you actually are. www.globalrichlist.com

Last edited by Wabby; 12-20-2005 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:32 PM   #10  

Cherry Cow, like Wabby said Go fer it! Belly dancing sounds like much fun.
I fear I would shake it to the point I would need hip replacement.

Wabby: How wonderful your mom is taking you to lunch. Those unexpected visits sometimes turn out the most fun. enjoy.

Cowie: I'm with Wabby..if that's what DS eats and its his fav..make it and relax darlin, you will be charming and she will love you.

I finished wrapping gifts..You would think this was hard manual labor..I am Exxxxhausted. Must rest.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:38 PM   #11  
loves kleenex box art

I've been informed she's a vegetarian.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:22 PM   #12  

Tofu is good in stirfry.

Mom is doing well. She's nice and tan. They have sun in Arizona. My older sis met us for lunch too. I'm the middle girl.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:55 PM   #13  

http://www.cookingvegetarian.com/Rec...fu_recipes.htm

oh me and wabby are on the same wave length
Old 12-21-2005, 12:48 PM   #14  

Watsup?

I was supposed to have the day off, but my fill in (DD) called in, not sick, but tired. At least she tells the truth. She's going to be in later and then I can finish up my shopping and maybe my wrapping. I assume that's where ever other cow is.

Somebody come here and tell me something about yourself I don't know.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:00 PM   #15  
loves kleenex box art

what you don't know:

1. As a kid on the army base, a soldier called me "Pall Mall" joking that my name "Campbell" ("camel" to him) implied a person not freakishly tall like me. Hurt my feelings. He knew my dad.

2. I once hitchhiked from Ontario to British Columbia.

3. I really can't stand Julie Andrews.

4. Yesterday I decided to grow out my hair for charity. They have to be able to cut 10 inches to take it. This will take care of my decision making I have to make about my hair (which is all the time). They will take it dyed.

5. I think being involved in church is harder than swimming upstream. You never know what obstacle will jump out in your path. For example, the political inappropriateness of saying "Happy Holidays." (Got an ad today from Winn-Dixie that says "Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and a Joyous Kwanzaa celebration to you and your family from Winn Dixie.")

6. When I in fourth grade, my sissy stole my pretty flamingo pin out of jealousy. (I was always prettier.)