3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 12:48 PM   #31
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning...I managed to get in 10 minutes of WATP before being interrupted, so will get back to that this afternoon. Just felt the need to check my mail.....and make a quick peek here.
Have laundry going. Already cleaned the bathroom. I used to have doors on the tub and couldn't keep them clean, so pitched them in favor of a curtain.
The shower however still has doors, and I do them exactlly like Google says..LOL. It is a real PAIN. Some of the new doors are trackless..however that works. Dunno what is being installed at the new house, but the tub will once again have a curtain. As for the cleaning wand...I don't have one for that. I do have a long handled brush in LV to clean the garden tub, but not here. Need to get one. I just get on my knees to do the floor.

Feeling a bit better, finally. Now if I can get back on track. Had Cheerios for breakfast and plan leftover grilled veggies with cottage cheese for lunch.
Dinner will be grilled chicken and ?? Had grilled pork chops last night with the grilled veggies. I must admit I ate a piece of cake yesterday...grrrr. DH's sis brought us a Texas sheet cake and it is so good. Darn it!
I DID pick the carpet and it is being measured for and ordered today. Still no choice on curtains or blinds, but I am narrowing down colors. Must go look at bedding so I can decide. Thye painted the strip of color I choose in the kitchen...and looked at me like I was ceazy. The guys couldn't figure out why I wanted ORANGE. Well, first, it is not orange, it is the color of a terra cotta pot. And second, because I WANT it. Actually, the chocolate brown solid surface counter top has copper specks in it and this color is just between the top and bottom cabinets. Any woman who has seen it loves it...so there guys! DH likes it too....

At the risk of being "black listed" here, I must say..I am one who doesn't see the fascination with WDW. But for those that love it it is a fun vacation. Have a ball Angie.

Back later..gotta run.

======================
Sue..........

Old 07-25-2006, 03:00 PM   #32
ugggg.....

Just popping in real quick to say car is actually running better than before!! I am so glad that I have a handy hubby. You guys have been a chatty bunch. I'll try and stay caught up from this point. Thanks for all the kind words and I told step-fathers wife that her daughter must have prayed me home.

Jane--sorry about your dog--you, Neal and the kids are in my thoughts...
Old 07-25-2006, 07:34 PM   #33

Thank you for all the hugs and kind words. It really means a lot. I'm not feeling very chatty right now, but I'll be back tomorrow for that.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:44 PM   #34
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Thanks you all for your input about the bathroom thingy. I ended up just doing it the old fashioned way, like always, just good ole elbow and knee grease! lol.

I hope you all have a Great Night!

"Life is a journey, you hold the map." ~Author Unknown
Old 07-26-2006, 09:44 AM   #35
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Ugh!!!

Ok I am getting ready to head out to our main pet store as I decided to do a water change on our salt water tank last night, fell asleep & woke up to water everywhere!!!!!!!!!!! Not only that, but the salt water is PURE water at the moment so I am totally freaking and praying that until I can grab a new bucket of salt & run home to crash the salt through the system that I didn't loose my entire tank! Everybody cross your fingers for my tank -- keep ya posted, they open in 15 so I am outta here for a bit.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:45 AM   #36

Hi everybody - I am a returning 3fcer after about 3 false tries in 5 years. I really wanted to get involved in the message boards again because when I lost alot of weight 5 years ago (gained it all back ) it really helped. I wasn't sure how to get involved because everyone all seemed to have their "set" support groups so I decided to jump right in and see if you ladies had extra room for one more. My story (quick version is in the JL Bios) is that I am 60 pounds overweight and have been doing ww from home for about 2 weeks and have lost 5 pounds - Food intake is going well its the exercise that is killing me - I am being very lazy and I know that it is 100 percent beneficial. I am trying to give myself mini challenges each day so that my lifestyle change is a success but I really do need to "chat" with others to keep me going. Unfortunately I don't have a real support here in the everyday life so it makes it that much harder. I would love to know all about everyone here if there is a bit more room for me. I can fill in the blanks about me a little more in future posts so feel free to just ask!! Take care and have a great day!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:08 AM   #37

Good morning, ladies,

3mom (Kim) - here's the place! Jump in and join us, ok?

Joan Fay - hope all is going well for you. Pop in and let us know how you are.

Sassy - I think you'll be glad you mopped your floor yourself. I had the Scotch Brite one, on a long handle, and it was so infuriating! The little mop pad would NOT stay attached to the velcro. I'm like Katie, I need one for quick cleanups, and will be buying the Mr. Clean one for that. My master bath is huge, so I use a mop and bucket in there. The bucket is one I got at Kmart, and has a mop wringer attached, and I love that feature. I can use really hot water and not hurt my hands.

Angie - we had a woman die here from the heat. She and her doctor's office had been calling the landlord for over 2 months, begging for them to fix her AC. Now I bet he wishes he did. Talk about a huge lawsuit! Everyone is ready to tar and feather the LL. How soon do you leave for Florida? I wanna go!!!

Robin - I have thought about just taking the doors down. The base is only about 4 inches high, though. An elbowed curtain could cause a flood, lol. OH NO! What happened to your water softener? Or is it an aquarium? Regardless, I hope you were able to save some of the water.

Katie - aww, thanks for googling that for me. I would've never thought to sweep the dry stuff up first. I've been gathering it with a wet paper towel before I squirt in the cleaning stuff, and it's really hard to get it all. Hope you have lower temps today. Did you decide yet if you're going to get the test redone?

Marti - Universal Studios rocks! We went years ago, and it's said to be even better now. There isn't nearly as much shade as WDW, but it's still fun.

Sue - no, we won't blacklist you, but this info WILL be added to your file, lol. I absolutely love the color terra cotta and have used it more than once. Mary's living room (that used to me mine) is done in that, now, with the coolest border that has clay pots and bird houses. The accent color is a soft green. Your chocolate brown and copper specks will go well with it.

Julie - glad your car is better. Thank you for your kind words. Yes, we've been chatty, lol.

I'm going to do my grocery shopping on Wednesdays now, since my Thursdays are so busy with the meeting every week. So I've got my menus all planned and the grocery list ready to go. Too bad I'm still in my nightie. It's so darn comfortable, though, do you think I could get by with wearing it? tee hee

Have a good day.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:17 AM   #38

Kim - oops! I spent too much time writing my novel, lol, and missed your post. Yay for the 5 pounds down. Well, we all know how it is with regaining weight around here, so you've come to the right place. I did WW at home, too, and did great, using the support here to get me through. Unfortunately, I put some of it back on. Now I'm counting calories, but using WW guidelines for healthy eating. You are so very welcome to be here! Post as often as you want! This is a great place for encouragement and support. As a matter of fact, we just started a new challenge thread, if you want to check it out, we'd love for you to join us.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:28 AM   #39

Default Thank you!!!

Thanks for the welcome Jane! I have the summer off (I am a teacher) so I really am trying to get a solid start so when I go back to work it is not stressful for me to keep up with what I have been doing...we shall see! Exactly where would I find your challenge? - I really want to do one here but yesterday when I looked I only could find ones that are already in progress. I think I am going to go back and read prior posts from here to try to learn more about everyone - Did this thread just start with here (meaning these 3 pages? Well, I definitely will be back - I need to go calm my 10 yr. old daughter down - she is in a snit about something!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:46 AM   #40
a work in progress

Hi Kim! There's always room for another Jaded Lady...we'll just scoot on over and you can pull up a chair... Several of us have been in the same boat -- gained back what we've lost and are trying again. This is my 3rd time on WW. It always worked before, but then I'd hit a plateau after a while and then think, "I can do this on my own" and stop going. This time around I know this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change for me. Exercise is a big challenge for me, too, since it's been so hot, and the heavier I am the more uncomfortable it is. I dance around the house a lot with the AC on and loud music blasting! I've been at a plateau for months, but at least I haven't gained back, so I'm just trying to forge on ahead. But if you are looking for support and encouragement, this is definitely the right place!

Robin, keeping my fingers crossed for your tank! Salt water tanks are so beautiful, but very finicky and particular and the fish are very expensive, so I hope everybody is fine when you get the salt back into the water...

Shel, I usually end up doing the bathroom floors on my hands and knees, too...wonder if it counts as exercise? Maybe if I scrub with a LOT of enthusiasm...and really loud music playing...

Jules, a handy hubby is definitely a good thing! Mine is a Technogeek Extraordinaire and I'm very grateful for his skills...it's like having my own personal tech support guy 24x7 who takes kisses for payment

Sue, sounds like you are doing great food-wise. Don't beat yourself up over the piece of cake -- in WW, you can eat whatever you want, you just have to budget the points, and remember moderation. Your kitchen color choices are wonderful -- bet it is just beautiful! Funny how you saw "terracotta", but the painters just saw "orange". Kind of like a guy will say something is "blue", but woman will say it's "aqua", or "navy", or "sapphire", or "faded denim"... And we won't blacklist you for not wanting to go to DL or WDW -- we'll just all think you're crazy! Naw, it's not for everyone. My mom would hate it, I'm sure.

Marti, we are supposed to get a break in the temps by this weekend. We broke the record for the most consecutive days over 100, and it's supposed to be over 100 today and tomorrow, too, but 93 on Saturday. I hope Saturday is cooler because we have an outdoor concert to attend that night.

OK, that's it for my arm for a while...gotta take a break. to Angie and Jane and everyone else...
Old 07-26-2006, 12:16 PM   #41

Height: 5'1"

Morning Ladies--

I have been doing well with what I have been eating. At least for me. I take more veggie snacks to work now instead of change for the vending machine. Makes a difference in the long run!!
Yesterday I brought my lunch then realized it was the chili cook off they were having to support the American Cancer Society. So I went to have a taste test. I had a spoon of 12 different chili's! And not to brag or anything, but this is the truth (IMO) James make better chili than all that I tasted! One I took a bite and it was sweet. (yuck) Tasted like I was biting into sugar.
Was fun. And I didn't over eat. I think 12 spoonfuls added to a small bowl.

Kim:: Hello and Welcome!! As the other gals have said, there is always room for more. Count me in as one who has gained weight and is struggling to get it back off! Quick smoking in March and it shows! As for the challenges....we start one each Monday. So we just started on this week. It's only Wednesday morning so you are MORE than welcome to join! If it's something you're interested in I hope to see you over there.

Sue:: Sounds like your house is getting so close!! When do you move in? And forgive me if this was already answered, but have you sold your home yet??

Jules:: So glad the car is running better. Nothing like having a car that doesn't get you anywhere...but in your case.....did! Come back when you have more time to chat.

Jane:: Universal Studios is more of what both James & Jhanai would like to do. I wanted to go to Disney Land. But hey....they over rule me! Now to save up for it and make sure we go during a time Jhanai is out of school. We're thinking in a couple years.

Katie:: Our temps have finally cooled. At least they FEEL cooler. 10 degrees make a huge difference. I'm glad I work in an air conditioned place. Hopefully the temps cool enough for you to enjoy the outdoor concert!

Robin:: Oh my!! What a thing to wake up to. Keep us posted if you lost all the water!

Good morning to the rest of you gals out there!!

Ok...I need to get ready for work.

You all have a great day!!

"Nobody ever drowned in sweat"
-Steve Prefontaine

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
-David Viscott
Old 07-26-2006, 05:39 PM   #42
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just wanted to pop in for a quick sec and say Hi to everyone.

Also, ((((((JANE)))))...sorry to hear about Chloe.

Take care ladies
Old 07-26-2006, 06:01 PM   #43
~Believe~

Angry Mennnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Ladies!

Kim! You found a great group of ladies!

Well I woke up to my once "clean" bathroom to a not so clean bathroom!
The maintenance man came to fix our sink that was leaking, which I'm glad of that and to fix our toilet which we've had a problem with since Day #1 of living here. BUT you think he would clean up his mess after like our maintenance man before him did? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So I'm glad I didn't get the whole floor finished, but what I did do (beside and behind the toilet) is not all not clean again! And do you think my dear sweet husband could have cleaned up after the guy BEFORE I woke up???????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! MEN!!!!!!!!!!!

So I cleaned up the sink and toilet, but decided to wait on the floor. I was on my hands and knees cleaning, as I always do, and that is no easy task for me, with my back the way it is.

Anyways...............I know its not that big of a deal, but just made me mad that was the 1st thing I saw when I woke up!

Anywho.........today I'm not doing nothing! I finished my laundry yesterday so today I'm doing nothing since tomorrow night is back to work! Dread that..........

So I hope you all are having a good evening!

Old 07-26-2006, 06:11 PM   #44
~Believe~

P.S............Did any of you happen to see the movie, "Fever Pitch" with Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon? We watched it lastnight as it was on Showtime on Demand, and its a very cute movie! Even hub liked it!

Old 07-26-2006, 06:33 PM   #45

Hello everyone - thank you for all the welcomes! I just wanted to stop in and ask if anyone has everyone grilled zucchini with ff italian dressing - I just did and it looks so good - can't wait to try it! I am also trying turkey burgers for the first time too!