Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 10:48 AM   #16  
a work in progress

Hi ladies I've missed you all...

I tried looking back for the last time I posted and can't find it, so hope I don't repeat myself. I saw my dr on 7/5 and my arm still hasn't healed enough to work with no additional breaks or reduced time; my work said they have a 90 day limit for light duty after surgery, so now I'm home again on worker's comp. It's very frustrating I see the dr again 8/4 I think and we'll see what she says then. My arm is still very sore, and my hand is weak and clumsy. I need more physical therapy; I must be crazy, but I'm considering asking for another EMG test to see if there is any improvement at all since the surgery. The EMG test was horrible (they run electric current through your arm), but at least it shows what's going on in the path of the nerve.

Anyway...

My computer was down for a little while because it had picked up a couple of Trojans. We went and got the newest McAfee virus scan, but it couldn't get rid of them entirely, so Hubby the Technogeek had to nuke and pave, and reinstall Windows. The virus wiped out my bookmarks, so it's taking some time to reconstruct those.

We're having a heat storm here. It's been 105 and higher for several days; yesterday was 111. Unusually high humidity, and it won't cool off at night. Normally, by 9 or 10 it's cooled down enough to open the windows and get a breeze, but for several days we've had to keep the house shut with the AC on all night. Even set at 80, it's running almost constantly; our next bill is going to be horrendous. We're supposed to get a break in a couple of days and be down to the mid to high 90's.

Loved Pirates, but I hate cliffhanger endings...can't wait for the next one!

Shel, we can bump up the recipe thread if you are looking for ideas. Also, the WW thread on this site has TONS of recipes.

Love you guys, but gotta stop typing for now -- sorry for no individuals...
Old 07-24-2006, 11:28 AM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies

Well I started the challenge thread. Hope it's something that'll work out for some of us that are in a rut. Kind of a kick start to getting better and healthier!

I will pop back in after work to do individuals. Right now, I need to get my body moving and get ready for work.

Hugs to you all!
Old 07-24-2006, 03:05 PM   #18  
GmaTo8

Good afternoon, ladies,

Katie - when you want to see where, when and what you posted, just click on your own name above your avatar, and when the menu comes down, click on "Find more posts by...". I've had to use it to see where all I've commented, to check for responses, lol. Aww, I'm sorry you're still hurting. Aug. 4 is next week, so make sure you let us know what he says, ok?

Marti - wow, you got some good exercise mowing. And your dinner was sure healthy. Seems like you're on the right road, chicka. Don't forget your vitamin, ok?

Sassy - I know lots of companies are stopping employee internet use at work. A nurse where my sister works just got canned for being in a chat room on company time. Will they let you on at break time? About the food - this is a new week, so time for a new beginning, right? How about joining our challenge for accountability?

Hi to Robin and Angie and everyone else reading this.

Today is going great. I got my housework and some paperwork done before I got online. This afternoon, I'm headed to Penney's for a refund on some shoes I don't like. Who knows what I'll come home with instead, lol.

Not much else going on. Have a good day.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:35 PM   #19  
GmaTo8

Want to share this with you guys. A sheriff's deputy stopped by to ask directions (shouldn't he KNOW the county roads??) and since he was a K9 unit, he had a dog in the car. Anywya, Chloe was chacing the car and he hit Chloe . and by the time we got her to the vet, she was in shock, and had too many internal injuries anyway. So he put her down.

Chloe was Neal's baby, and he cried. Of course, I'm a mess. I know she's just a dog, but she's one of the family.

When the DGDs wake from their nap, and Mary tells them about it, there will be many more tears.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:23 PM   #20  
a work in progress

Jane -- I'm so sorry to hear about Chloe! Oh hon, that's just awful. It's so sad to lose a pet. Big hugs to Neal and the DGD's, this must be so hard for all of them. Hugs to you, too.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:49 PM   #21  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Jane, My hugs to you and your family also. Hate to hear of a pet being hit by a car.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:35 PM   #22  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Jane super big So sorry to hear about Chloe.............

Well we rearranged our bedroom. I've been wanting to do it for a while now, but hub never wanted too and I wasn't able to do it all by myself due to my back. So today he totally completely shocked me and said, "I wanna rearrange the bedroom" So we did.

Now I have to clean the bathroom............Yippee.........I don't mind it except for when I have to get on my knees to clean the tub and the bottom of the toilet and around. I want to buy one of those tub scrubby things but have not yet. Anybody here have one? If so which one and do you like it?

I did buy one of those scrubbing bubbles Automatic Shower cleaners, which helps in between cleanings. Even hub likes to push the button. lol.

Well off to clean, wish me luck! lol.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:58 PM   #23  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Aw Jane I am so sorry to hear about Cloe, please give Neal a hug. Sad to lose a dog....
Old 07-25-2006, 12:06 AM   #24  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello everyone,
Im just waiting for all my scanning to be done...takes forever to email out,,,must be really big. Ive scanned the drafts for the house rental in Florida. We have the air fare done,,,so now we are waiting to get our DWD tickets.

Katie,,,you know your limitations and if you can handle that test again,,,then go for it. Peace of mind of where exactly your arm really is can go a long way to recover. Ive been reading the msn news,,,4 people have so far died this past while of the heat. How scary.

Shel,,,its always nice for a change. And I hate cleaning around the toilet too,,,with 3 guys in the house its no fun. I think thats why Im so on top of it,,,bought those lil javex wipes that I use in between the bi weekly cleaning.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:27 AM   #25  
~Believe~

Angelia - Yeah I used to rearrange my furniture for fun when I was younger (before I had a driver's license). lol. Sounds crazy but its true! lol. I think it can "spice up" your room with your old stuff without spending any money! lol. I use the Clorox wipes for in between cleaning but I really want something that I can use that I don't have to bend down because that kills my back. I know they have plenty of those things to choose from that you don't have to bend down to clean, just was wondering which one is the best. I think my mil has the Mr. Clean one and she loves it.

Anywho.............I think I may just wait and make a run to Wally World (Wal-Mart) and buy one..................
Old 07-25-2006, 02:09 AM   #26  
~Believe~

YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Bathroom is ALL clean! Well except for the floor. (I did do the floor beside and behind the toilet though).

I decided I wanted it done and OVER with! So its all done! YIIPPPEEEEEEE! Now I just have to clean myself and put laundry away! lol.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:25 AM   #27  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Morning!

Our computer software here is all messed up so while that is reloading I am poppin on in...

Jane... We had a shower on the tracks & it drove me so bonkers, I took it off the tracks, threw it away & now use a shower rod & curtain. Nope not sorry I did it either, I couldn't stand it anymore.

I am soooooo sorry about Chloe!!! That is horrible, doesn't matter cat or dog or any other, it is your family.

ok I have to reboot my computer says, back in a bit, HI TO ALL I MISSED!

extra for Jane
Old 07-25-2006, 10:19 AM   #28  

Jane--I'm so sorry to hear about Chloe!! And you know, our pets aren't just animals, they're just as you said: FAMILY. We'd be upset if anything happened to our hairy little ones.
Sending you and Neil so many hugs!!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:53 AM   #29  
a work in progress

Good morning ladies

Yesterday I -- drumroll, please -- drank all my water! (Thanks for starting that challenge thread, Marti -- just what I needed!) And I ate clean all day, stayed within my points and wrote everything down, even though we went out to dinner. I ordered a big healthy salad with dressing on the side, just dipped my fork in it for flavor (one of my favorite WW tricks). So, I am starting out today with a very positive "can-do" attitude. I've just gotta break this plateau -- I've been in such a rut, gaining and losing the same 4-5 pounds for months. And all the meds I'm on are making it more difficult, but it's not impossible, right?

It finally cooled off a bit here this morning. We broke the record for the most consecutive days over 100. It will be over 100 again today, but then should be mid nineties for the rest of the week At least it's about 75 this morning (7:30 am) so I opened up the windows and turned on the whole house fan for now to circulate some of the cooler air into the house (when I woke up it was 83 in here).

Jane, hope everyone at your house is doing better today. I have a Chloe too, my beloved cat, and my heart really goes out to you guys.

You asked how to clean shower tracks, so I typed "how to clean shower tracks" in Google, and this is what I got (and it's pretty much my method, except I never thought to vacuum up the dry bits first; I'll try that next time):

1. Loosen up grunge and remove hair from completely dry tracks with an old toothbrush, then vacuum with a long-nosed attachment.
2. Spray tracks with liquid spray cleaner.
3. Scrub with a tile brush and - for those hard-to-reach places - a toothbrush.
4. Fold a scrub pad to fit the track and continue to scrub if more cleaning is necessary.
5. Rinse tracks with a shower wand (if you have one), or simply pour water into tracks. The tracks contain drain holes that lead to the tub or shower stall, so direct the water in that direction and away from the floor.
6. Use cleaning cloths to wipe away any dirt left behind during rinsing process.
Tips: Place towels on the floor to catch overflowing water when rinsing.

Shel, I have a Mr Clean Magic Reach thing with interchangeable disposable cloths for scrubbing the tub and the floors. Not all that impressed with the job it does, though. I mostly only use it for "omg, people are coming over and the house is a mess" surface blitzes, LOL. I'm not the world's greatest housekeeper, though (Hey! I'm...uh...creative...yeah, that's it! I'm too creative to be tidy! )

Angie, glad the new job is going well; I enjoy reading your blog, too. New jobs are kind of like moving to a new house -- stressful and so much work to change, but exciting too, a new beginning. About the EMG...I keep telling myself the last time was so bad because I was anxious and didn't know what to expect. But I remember it felt like I was on Dr Frankenstein's experimentation table, or like I was being tortured -- by the end, I was ready to confess government secrets, confess that I was a witch, whatever she wanted!!!

I am so jealous that you are going to WDW! We were thinking about going for vacation in September, but don't have the funds right now. Take lots of pics and share them when you get back!

OK, that's it, gotta give my arm a break. Hello to everyone else and see you soon...
Old 07-25-2006, 11:44 AM   #30  

Morning everyone!!

Katie--Are we sharing the temps w/you californians??? It's been mighty hot around here, just miserable. It's just now starting to cool into the 90's. Crazy isn't it? Sounds like you're on the road to breaking that plateau! Fantastic. I'm not at a plateau anymore. I've gained weight since I quit smoking so I'm just working my way back to where I started before I quit. (makes me angry that I gained)

Robin--Not long before you're on vacation.....again!! Did I tell you that I was jealous?? If so, that is just a reminder!

Shel--I have one of those Mr Clean bathroom cleaners. And to me, it's just better to get on my hands and knee's to clean behind the toilets. Everytime I see that commercial of the sparkling clean bathroom....I wonder "Is there really a back of a toilet that shines like that??....must be a womans home"
(I should make James get on his hands and knee's and clean next time)

Angie--I'm jealous of you too!! I would love to go to Disney World or Disney Land (since that's closer to me) James and I have plans to start a savings account just for vacation travels. (that'll take us forever!!) I want to take Jhanai on vacation away from Oregon sometime before the next few years. (before she tires of being around her mother) She talks about going to Universal Studios. May do that some day.

Jane--I hope you and Neil are ok today. Thinking of the both of you!!

Ok....time to shower and get ready for work. LOVE not having to be at work so early!! I still get up really early but don't feel rushed to leave. Makes a difference in my attitude. (no one wants to work with Crabby Marti)

Hugs to all!
Closed Thread