3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 07-28-2006, 03:19 PM   #91
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, it's a sticky, humid Friday. The storm just fell apart leaving us with humid weather and high surf. We're expecting 6-10' at Waikiki beach, how weird is that? Anyway, Rick had a plumbing job out in Kona for the airline so they flew him out there and now he's done (it took him less than an hour), he can spend the whole day out there fiddling around with his boat . So I am doing a few things at home, have to do a little shopping then I am going to go home and take a long nap

Angie, sorry to hear about Corey I think it's just something kids that age (is he around 13 or so?) want to do to show off to each other. I'm sorry it had to happen with family, but at least it wasn't some stranger's house! Is that the bright side? Sorry, but yeah, that's something I would definitely ground my kid for a loooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggggg time for--because it's illegal to kill 'em .

Kempy, I have to take a page out of your book and get my @ss back on track. I am so terrible right now, I embarrass myself! I will stop moaning and just do it. I have a vacation coming up in October and I want to look decent in pictures, not just blah... but enough blabbing from me. Enjoy your visit with friends.

cw, i hope you're enjoying cooler weather and a relaxing weekend

Hi Dips, Cal, Ladyt, Maggzs.........and everyone. GOtta run

melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 06:59 PM   #92
so close, yet so far...

Default that's MY son alright (remnants of my Heavy Metal daze)

I have to tell you guys something that happened w/my son yesterday at school (keep in mind that he is 7 years old in the 2nd grade at a parochial school)...

The teacher and aide passed out large construction papers and instructed the class to write their names in large print. They were making placemats to be used in class during snack time. The kids could draw pictures to decorate it and then it would be laminated it for durability. Well, my son decides to draw flames all around his name, and evil looking skulls around the flames--and the piece de resistance? a horned goat--the kind with the curling horns? Do ya get the symbolism of it all? ---->

I don't know exactly what the teacher's aide told him but he was sent home with a fresh new sheet of paper to do as homework. He folded up the original drawing the tucked it in his folder.... I laughed when he told me the story, but he couldn't understand why I was laughing so I had to explain to him that the things he drew more-or-less represented the devil In his 7 y.o. innocence, he had no idea. **in his defense, we had just visited the Panaewa zoo in hilo where there was a cool looking feral goat, so I guess that's where he got the idea--honest! I guess I have to limit the cartoon watching of "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy"...

Old 07-28-2006, 11:07 PM   #93

Hi Girls!

Let me start by saying I have missed you all and sorry I have not posted lately. I have been busy keeping the kids busy and such with summer activities. We went down to a waterpark a couple of hours away and it was a good time. My Dad had his heart surgery at the end of June so I have been busy with that also. Bringing him groceries and stuff. He lives a little over an hour away from me. He had surgery almost three hours away so I had to travel down there to the University hospital. But he is on his way to recovery now. All is well with that too.
So how is everyone doing on the battle to drop the pounds? I actually gained a pound or two. Oopps....must be from the smores, we have been making them and our neighbor has been inviting us for a campfire to roast marshmallows, nothing better than a roasted marshmallow. They are just a quick dessert, you know.

Noelle that little Michael sounds as cute as ever, don't you just love their innocence at this age? That cartoon network and their cartoons, my ds likes Ed Ed and Eddy, I turn it off whenever they are on, they are just weird, aren't they?

Angie you are brave walking in that humid weather. We are having some now and it may reach 100 degrees here this weekend. But I won't complain, I will take it anyday over 10 below!

Kempy have a great time with your friends this weekend!

Cal I want to say I LOVE Paris and I want to go there now after looking at your vacation pictures. What beautiful memories.

Dips I read you had to go to the doctor and I hope everything turns out to be okay.

Hello to everyone else I missed. I will try and check back more often. I have to check in with my Dad and see if he needs my help this weekend. Other than that braving the heat and staying cool. I just wanted to say Hi and I am thinking about you girls!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:46 AM   #94

Julie: So good to see you back. I was wondering if everything was ok. I missed you too, as I'm sure everyone has.
I'm glad to hear your father is doing well. I will keep him in my prayers.
I hope the weather doesn't get too high for you. I saw on the news today that South Dakota was almost 20 degrees warmer that we were. I also saw that Green Bay was supposed to get some strong storms. Stay safe.

Noelle: Aw kids (especially boys ). Your post made me think of the email you sent about having sons. I just laughed. Your boy is such a cutie. I can't believe he's in 2nd grade already; of course, I can't believe Ashley is going into 3rd grade. I can still remember when I was in third grade.

Angie: I sure hope things are going better with you. I've seen so many kids
Corey's age try things that no one would ever dream of them doing, but they are still good kids; they just have to try something different. Sometimes it's harmless and sometimes it can be dangerous. Hopefully, he's gotten it out of his system. Hugs to you, beautiful!!

CW: My daughter is always wanting hugs and kisses. She won't even go to bed without them. I always tell her "I love you more!" and she tries to outdo me until I say "You win!" then she'll go to sleep. She's very affectionate with me and sometimes with her dad. My mom used to tell each of us "Love you the mostest." and we used to tell each other we were Mom's favorite. We enjoyed that. When we wanted to put something on her headstone, we decided on "Love you the mostest" and it's on there. I sure miss her.

Kempy: I hope you enjoy your friends; I know you will. Have a great weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:45 AM   #95
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi guys!! I am down another 2.2 pounds this week!! Brittany is camping and the twins went to my Mom's house for the weekend so that gives me and Jay some alone time ...not much because he has to work all day today but at least it is some. The Maine Comedian Bob Marley is coming to Dover tomorrow night so we went and bought tickets for us and the twins to go see him. He is so funny!! You should look him up and he has clips of his act on the internet.

Kempy, Have fun with your friends this weekend. That is great that you planned out some healthier alternatives for your meals. GOOD JOB!!!

Noelle, I had to laugh so hard at your description of Michaels place mat. That was too cute!! I also loved the Purina Diet joke. I sent that one on to my family.

Julie, I am so glad to hear from you. I am glad things are going well for everyone. Those smores are evil I tell ya. I usually go crazy with them during the summers too....until I figured out that the kids dont actually like them and it was just me eating them all.

Cal, I found out that he wanted to go in and get some firecrackers so at least it wasnt a malicious thing but still.... I asked him how he would feel if someone was in his personal space without permission. I hope he doesnt swing totally out of control because we have really tried hard to get them to want more from life.

Well, Yesterday I got up and did my walk at 4:30. It was still so sticky. Today is supposed to be extremely HOT so I got up and got it out of the way at 5:30.

Have a Great Weekend!!!!

Last edited by angieME; 07-29-2006 at 09:47 AM.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:38 PM   #96
so close, yet so far...

Good morning ladies I am off to a beach party this morning... woo-hoo!!! NOT! It's for Michael's karate club so it should be interesting. Last year they had the kids do all kinds of games and drills--including a mock sumo-wrestling competition They split them up by age but there was one kid that was huge, big big bigger than all the rest, well, of course he won the thing, but it was hilarious watching the skinny bean-pole kids trying to go up against the big guy.

Hey Julie!!! So glad to see you again, missed you! We were getting worried I'm glad your dad is recuperating, that had to be tough having to see him go through the surgery and all. He has a great support system in you. Hug him and those kiddos for me. Are your kids back in school soon? Isn't your DD starting kindergarten this year? How's the boy doing w/TKD? Hang in there girl, I'll be praying for cooler weather for all of us. --ok, well, maybe not that cool...

Angie, great job girl on your AWESOME losses! I'm so proud of you, and getting up at 4:30??? That's just nuts, but I know when you're motivated, you do great things! I used to do the same just to avoid the sun , but only at 5:30 Have fun at your show--I haven't watched the clip yet but just looking him up on google makes me laugh--that boy is WHITE as white! Not like the Bob Marley I've heard of if ya know what jah means

Cal, Ashley is such a sweetheart. And I love that story about your relationship w/your sibs and mom. That is so great

ps...for those of you with small kids, the Ant Bully movie was great! Better than scary old Monster House by far. Go see it.

Have a great Saturday everyone

Old 07-30-2006, 09:23 AM   #97
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Noelle, I hope you had fun at the beach. If Me and Jay ever get to come over you will come to the beach with us wont ya?

Jay worked ALL day yesterday. I was so freaking bored sitting here watching movies all day. But we had fun when he got home.

Well, That is about all the excitement for me...wouldnt want to make everyone jealous of my exciting life. hahaha
Old 07-30-2006, 02:07 PM   #98

Hey guys. Our friends left about on hour ago. I am just cleaning the house a little now. Not really doing to much b/c it is hot and it is making me lazy. Hows this for crap. My friend said yesterday the scale said she had gained a pound and this morning she was down 2. Well, I know the sclae can flutuate but I watched what she ate and I didn't think she ate any smaller than I did except yeseterday at lunch. I had nachos and I can't help myself with those things. So, why in the world is she able to be so skinny and I have to struggle. She has not always been this small. When I first met her she had some meat on her bones and look pretty good and now I worry about her being on the too thin side. What in the world is going wrong with me?

Julie it is good to see you again. I know all of us were worried about you. You are such a great duaghter. It is so hard for me to see eating smores right now. Those are winter treats for us. There is no way you could get me close to a fire to roast anything right now.

Noelle that is so funny about the pic. What a cutie. I hope the teacher knew that he didn't know what was going on. Still, pretty funny though. How was the beach?

Angie you are just doing great. I am going to try to work off the rest of this bloat. I want to go weigh-in on Wednesday and I would like to have some sort of a drop. I just love comedians. I have XM radio in the car and that is all I listen to anymore. It drives Joe crazy.

I need to go work on the luandry. I am still pretty PMSy right now so I am in a foul mood. I might go have a little piece of my left over dessert. Maybe.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:29 PM   #99
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, I am your... Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da, brown-skinned girl. Whew, that beach was HOT and I am nice and tanned! The picnic was fun, but there was too much food as usual...there were about 200+ families and it was a pot-luck affair so there were around 6 tables loaded with food. Michael has a buddy from school that takes karate at another dojo so they were paired up most of the day. It was fun to watch the games and competitions, especially the tug-of-war for the adults--the adult students against the senseis. The students won Then we just relaxed and ate and enjoyed the company. I didn't go swimming, but rather just sat in the shade reading my magazine. I took a few pics yesterday, but I'll upload them later (I got a shot of Diamond head for y'all to look at ) Then after we got home we decided we wanted to go to the Farm Fair (livestock show and carnival). It was a long day. Think I'll stay home and just relax today.

Angie, of course I will go to the beach with you guys. Can't promise you I'll wear my bikini for you , but I'll be at the beach for sure. I can't swim worth a damn but I will be there.

Kempy, I don't think there's anything wrong with you. I think some people are just lucky to not have an eating problem. I have a super skinny sister that eats really small amounts of food, she just doesn't feel the drive(?) to overeat. It's kind of maddening. You are doing great girl, you're trying and that's something.

I almost forgot, my mom, sis and BIL should be meeting my new niece from China today. They left on Thursday morning, and it's early Monday morning there now..... they return home with the baby on August 10? I can't wait to meet her!!!

Old 07-31-2006, 01:14 PM   #100
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning. The humidity has gone at least until tomorrow when I hear it will be back in full force.

We went to see Bob marley last night and he was so funny!! :lol If he is ever near any of you guys you should definately go see him. Too funny. I had tears running down my face I was laughing so hard. Maybe I will send you guys some cd's of his for Christmas this year. HMMMM.

Kempy, XM is how I found him. He is on there quite alot. I am sure you have heard him and dont know it. I also love Mitch Hedburg and the other Mitch guy.

Noelle, Can you imagine NOT having the drive to overeat???? I WISH!!! Wouldnt that be nice? Some people get all the luck.

That is so sweet that your new neice will be coming home soon. Have you heard from them yet? I cant wait to see pics of her. She has probably grown a bit since the last pics.

Well, I should really be doing something today. I will check back later.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:48 PM   #101

Hey guys. I just got back home from the bank. Joe didn't realize what he did but we were a victim of phishing on the internet. So, I had to close the account and now I am waiting to hear back from them with my new accoutn number. What sucks is that we can't use the debt cards or the check book and our anniversary is Wednesday. We were going to go out to eat. I guess we will have to do what I hate doing and use the credit card. I hate that I am going to have to change the account number on everything that I pay online and order new checks. He keeps saying he is sorry but I know it isn't his fault. He doesn't know about all of that on line fruad stuff and he said it looked just like the log in to our bank.

Angie I may have heard him and didn't know. I like Kathleen Maddigan and Dana Cook. I try to pay attention to their names. I have been to a comedy club once and I think you luagh hard when you are there than you normally do. I was in tears and the guy wasn't that funny. At least once I thought about what he said.

Ok, I guess I need to go start looking for new checks. I'll be back later.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:00 PM   #102

Where is everyone today?
Old 08-01-2006, 04:09 PM   #103

Almost at the bottom.

BUMP!!

Where in the world are you guys?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:12 PM   #104
so close, yet so far...

Hey Kempy....I'm actually busy at work right now. My stomach is growling so I guess it's time for lunch. I can't believe I haven't logged on here today yet! But anyway, just clearing out some old files and trying to straighten up. I was also cleaning out my email box and was sorting through it by senders name--I came across some old pictures you had sent of Echo hunting and her and Rhea just cruising on the lawn. So cute! Some of those pics were a few years old!

Anywho, we've been getting daily updates from my BIL and mom about their adventures in China. The baby "Malia", is still called by her Chinese name Xiu Xuan (sounds like Sheshswan or for foodies like me "Szechuan" ) and is slowly getting used to her new mom and grandmother, but not at all in agreement with her new dad. When they called the first day they got her all you could hear was 10 babies crying and screaming really loudly... must've been fun.

Anyway, it's AUGUST--can you believe it? Maybe someone started a new August thread and we didn't know about it???

Old 08-02-2006, 10:25 AM   #105

I am no good at starting a new thread so I hope someone does it today. Heck, I hope someone actually shows up today. Noelle thanks for popping in.

Today is our anniversary, 9 years. I really need to get my butt out of the house since I have a long list of things to do. We are going to dinner tonight in Baton Rouge and I am looking forward to it.

He found out that they will be doing the job interviews the week of the 14th and by the 18th they will have the person announced. (that is Joe's b-day too) Whoever gets it they want them to be in the job working by the end of the month. If he does get it, we would not move until the end of the year. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have to go.

I really need to get a move on. I hope someone shows up today.