3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 07-13-2006, 12:03 AM   #46
Burning Bright!

S/C/G: 235/232/130

Unhappy OOOOOh My Achin Head!

So I got a migraine today. I get them occasionally when I sleep in a funny position that does bad things to my neck. I have been in 5 car accidents over the years, and my neck is pretty good most of the time, but sometimes I just get a kink in it. Well today I was fighting this headache. Then I went into a 2.5 hour meeting. By the time the meeting was done I could barely speak. I just packed up and left for the day. On the way home I had to pull over my car and get sick at the side of the road, my head hurt so bad! It is a little better now, but I think I am off to bed early tonight.

Kempy - Don't feel too bad! 2 lbs isn't a lot of gain, even though it is more than you wanted! I think I am going to join WW this week. If I don't you can kick my butt, OK? And I'll kick yours too! LOL!

Angie - Siamese can be such a pain! Are yours very vocal? I will always keep my cats inside now that I have worked at the shelter. We get cats in that have been hit by cars sooooo often. It is so sad.

Cal - WELCOME BACK!!!! Was it wonderful? How was Disneyland?! Was Ashley excited! Come tell us all about it!

I realized today how sad it is that I can't get motivated. The girls at work have even started a Fitness Challenge which is really cool. I signed up for it, but have I done anything?! NO (well, besides riding...) Sometimes I am such an idiot! :P

Well anyway, I am off to bed to try and get rid of my headache for once and for all (or at least until next time)! Thank God I don't get them like this too often. I think I would go crazy!
Old 07-13-2006, 08:55 AM   #47
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!!

Kempy, I feel your pain...it is exactly how I gained all this weight back. It sucks that we cant be logical about weightloss and realize that we havent blown it but like you said we are women. We think with our hearts. You will be back to where you want to be in no time so I hope you dont let it get you down to much.

LT, My aunt get migranes regularly. I have never had one and I hope I dont. They sound terrible. I hope you dont get any more in the future.

Out of Tyson and Teddy (my siamese) Tyson is the wallpaper ripper and Teddy is the vocal one. He will dig on my bedroom door at night and do that obnoxious meow. I do give them credit because they are like ragdolls with the kids. They love to be held on their backs etc. They just love the kids(They are the only animals that do. )

Well, I did my measurements this morning since the 13th of the month is my monthly day. I lost 7 1/2 inches!!!! Holy cow!!!! so with last months lost I have a combined loss of 12 3/4 inches in the last 2 months.

I have to get in a walk and make some no bakes for the accounts. I hope everyone can check in today....we are getting lonely!!!
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:17 AM   #48
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello My Girls

Sorry I haven't been around but things are crazy around here. I won't bore you with the details but I swear there just aren't enpugh hours in a day.

If I may confide in you all for a moment:

I really feel like something is wrong with me. For the last 4 months my TOM has been rediculously irregular. It's like on for 3 weeks and then off for like 3 days then it starts again. When it first happened i took it as a freak occurance but now it's consistant and it's driving me nuts. I made an appointment to see my doctor but as you can imagine, I'm paranoid thinking about all the things that could be wrong with me. I'm freaking out here
Old 07-13-2006, 11:26 AM   #49
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey Dips, I hope things slow down for you soon.

Good Luck at the doctors. I hope it isnt anything serious.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:58 PM   #50
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, TGIT! It's a "friday" for me, we'll be leaving for the Big Island bright and early tomorrow. Sorry I've been AWOL around here. I swear my hands have been tied up with this condo project thing. Last night we went over to the neighbor's house down the road to have a meeting and didn't get home til after 10:45 pm. I am dragging my butt today. We are making more signs and planning the best strategy for all of us to speak out at the next council meeting. Boring stuff I know, but it's a huge deal around here. We may be just a row of 50+ houses immediately affected, but we are trying our best to get everyone around the neighborhood to come out and speak out against it.

Dips, I had the same problem last fall. My problem was too much estrogen from gaining too much weight too fast--it was screwing with my periods. I got back on BCP and it regulated me within a month or two. If you've been working out alot, that could cause the change in your monthly... I had to drop some weight and start exercising to really make myself normal again. Good luck at the doc and make them listen to your concerns, I hate it when drs. are in a rush-rush mode and appear to not listen while you're right in front of their face. Take care girl.

Angie, WOWZA on those inches!!! Sorry, I didn't get those pics downloaded, my home computer is on the blink again. I will try again this morning since I brought my card-reader to work with me.

LT, take care of that migraine. I get those sometimes and it's not a fun place to be at all. I feel out of control w/my eating these days too. We will get a grip on ourselves soon though with all the support from these great ladies. Good luck on your fitness challenge--you can do it!!

Kempy, I have to give you credit girl, you went and spilled your guts and you weighed in. I am such a chicken sh*t...haven't gone back in 3 weeks? I like to blame the stress from this damned condo project, but I know I need to get back on track and soon or else I'll be right back to square one. You are soooooo close to goal girl, don't give up.

Welcome back Cal We missed you. You must be crazy tired from all that traveling. Can't wait to see pics though. How was Ashley's reaction to Disney Paris???

Claire, how goes it down your way?

Hi to Maggzs, Julie and anyone else our there in lurkdom. I gotta get a move on.

p.s. Angie, tell Jay I will be visiting the Big Island Volcanoes for him :fire:

melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:29 AM   #51

Good Morning All,

I'm still trying to deal with the jet lag; at least today I slept past 5am...barely!
I'm glad to be home, but at the same time I miss being in Europe. We saw so much...Paris....Trier, Germany-the oldest town in Germany....the Alps....all of Italy (this time we went to Pisa and a beach on the Mediterranean as well as Bologna and Venice)....the real Matterhorn mountain....Mont Blanc with its huge glaciers....the castles of the Loire Valley....(Ashley would say Disneyland)....etc.
I'm organizing the pictures and will have some of them to share soon.
Ashley was so surprised to go to Disneyland. We kept the secret until we were actually already in the hotel near it. She never paid attention to all the signs we saw as we got closer that said 'Parcs Disney' 'Disney Hotels' and 'Disney Village'. She was so excited that she didn't even want to eat breakfast the morning we headed out to the park.
We watched them getting ready at Disney Village for the final game of the World Cup. It was interesting being in France for the final game...and being with an Italian who kept saying in French "The French are going to lose!" He kept getting stares from people; of course, he was loving it. He was very happy with the outcome of the game.
Ashley loved the castles and decided that she's a real princess. She kept saying that she wants to live in a castle. She also loved the painting, Mona Lisa, and kept wanting to go back to see it. While at the Louvre Museum, we went back to the room that has the Mona Lisa at least 4 times because she was so taken by it and kept wanting to see it.
In Bologna, Italy, Ashley climbed to the top of one of the towers (498 steps up and 498 steps down). I was really proud of her. She also climbed to the top of the Leaning Tower in Pisa, Italy; she said she will never go again because she got dizzy.
Now we are resting as much as possible (right now it is easy to stay indoors when the temps outside are over 110F...45C).
I looked at some of the past posts and a great big HURRAY for the pounds and inches lost. I'm proud of everyone.
I great big for those who need it.
And, a great big GLAD TO BE BACK WITH ALL OF MY FRIENDS!!!

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 09:25 AM   #52
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi guys. Today is weigh in day and I am down another 3.4 pounds this week!!! YEAH!!!
Old 07-15-2006, 09:32 AM   #53

Way to go Angie!! I'm so proud of you!! I knew you could do it. You are such an inspiration to me. I went to the doctor yesterday and I'm down only 2 lbs., but I guess that's not too bad considering I just got back from vacation.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:35 AM   #54

Good morning all,
I hope everyone had a great weekend. I can't believe how tired I still am; even went to bed at 7:30 last night.

I finally got some pics for you. Hopefully the following link will take you to them

http://photobucket.com/albums/v429/calnative

Let me know what you think. We really did have a great time and we're already planning to do it again in two years. Hubby said this trip was my Christmas, birthday, Mother's Day, and anniversary gift all in one. It also occurred to me that today is our 10th anniversary; where does the time go?????

Have a great Monday.

Cal
Old 07-18-2006, 10:02 AM   #55

That is so great Anige that you are losing like that. I have switched to the core program for this week to see if I can make myself start losing again. Boy is it a big change.

Cal your pics are great. They look like postcards. I really want to travle there now. I am sure it will be a few years before we will be able to head over that way so keep the pics coming so that I can dream.

I have a little time before I go in today so I am going to attemp my TaeBo bootcamp again. I think I need to do it more than once a week for it to work. This heat is really getting to me this year. It makes me so tired all i want to do it lay around and not do much. I really have to push myself to do anything these days. Well, I hope the thread comes back to life soon. I am going to make myself move and I will check back later.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:15 PM   #56

Just checking in. I am gome from work and I am thinking about taking a nap. (this damn heat). I am scared to see what the electric bill is going to be this month. Two months ago it was $77 and then last month it was $128. Big jump. I just hope this month doesn't hit $200. I am trying to do what I can to keep it down and still stay cool.

I hope you guys come out and chat.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:24 PM   #57
so close, yet so far...

Hi ladies... had a great time on the Big Island this past weekend. I got pictures this time and am trying to upload the onto photobucket but it's taking a while. The boat is still not on the water, just a few remaining parts need to be put in. The mechanic said by the end of today it should be ready to tow down to the harbor. Rick may be going back to Kona again this weekend . Oh well, I hope the boat gets to Honolulu safely whenever it gets here.

Cal, welcome home girlfriend! I loved your pictures--such great sights you saw! I am so in awe of the places you visited. And happy belated anniversary to you and Alberto 10 years is a thing to celebrate!

Angie, congrats on your super losses You are absolutely working it and melting away.

Kempy, tell me how you like Core and how it works for you. I am not doing anything right now. I am so not making it a lifestyle... I have pictures though, so that may have been the kick in the arse I needed again--I still don't like the way I look yet .

I gotta run and get some things done. The big City Council meeting is tomorrow and I will so glad when it is over.....whether or not they listen to us. I am tired of this constant stress level about it. Have a great day ladies. I hope to be back in a little bit with some pics.

Old 07-18-2006, 09:27 PM   #58
so close, yet so far...

Here's some pics of the sights I saw while on the Big Island of Hawaii. These ain't got nothin' on Cal's pics of Europe, but I wanted to share anyway.

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n...lekalikimaka/?

Hope the link works

Old 07-19-2006, 10:12 AM   #59
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello My ladies

This is so weird! I posted yesterday and it didn't go through. HATE IT when that happens!

Angie YOU GO GIRL!! You are doing so incredibly well. I am too proud of you.

Cal- Welcome home, Love. I missed you and you were so sweet to send postcards while on your super fabulous trip. Those pics are absolutely amazing! By the way. 2 pounds is a significant loss! Be happy about it.

Kempy- Hope the new plan works for you. I too bougt the Boot Camp series but I've only done them a few times. Most of my workouts happen away from my house. You're doing great though, don't slow down!

Noelle- You look great in your pictures and hawaii looks fabulous too. Mike's cheeks are losing their pinchability but he's still a looker!

Well- my doc appt is on friday. [I just love how you have to book a doc like 3 weeks in advance] Hopefully they can give me something that will make me normal again. This sonstant TOM is driving me up the damn wall.

In case you are wondering, Niko is doing well. this morning we went running up hills and he is passed out on my bed right now The West Indian Day parade is coming up first week in September so I have a little mini cahllenge with myself to drop some pounds before Labor Day. I was so disappointed that I didn't do to well for the 4th of july challenge but life goes on, right? So me and Niko are stepping it up so that we can represent at the parade!

TTYL
Old 07-19-2006, 06:41 PM   #60

Hi everyone. Ladies, I've really missed you. There's lots of reasons why I've been MIA. One, is that I haven't been doing well at all on my weight loss. I know it's a mind set, and I guess my mind isn't there yet, but I'm working on it. Two, is I've had surgury on my sinuses/nose & the computer is the last thing I wanted to look at. But I'm feeling better now. They took to stitches out today, and the headaches haven't too bad the last couple of days. However, I'm still taking the pain medication. A lot less, but still taking it. I still look gross though. My husband finally talked me into going out to dinner last night for my birthday, and I think my looks scared a little girl. Hopefully within the next week, all the swelling will be gone, and the covering on my nose will fall off.

Dips, sorry to hear of the problem. I don't know if this will help, but I use natural balancing cream and it has done wonders with regulating me cycles, and I'm a much happier person when, with very little pms. I used to be a raging maniac Anyway, I hope all goes well.

Angie, sorry to hear about all the stress and things from Brit coming back home. When I hear of things like that I think of boot camp. You know, you see the talk shows where the teens are out of control, and out comes "sergeant boot camp guy" and shapes them right up. On another notes, congrats on all the weight loss. You are still my hero.

Noelle, Your pics are great. Your son is so cute. I'm sorry to hear about the building trouble. I used to work for counsel for the county in my area, and there were several building projects that were dropped because the area/neighborhood chose to fight it. Has your neighborhood thought of seeking legal counsel to fight them? Also, as much as I hate some of the things the environmentalists do (I'm a dairy/farm girl, and they make it harder and harder for diary farmers) you might want to try finding out if there's any endangered wild life in that area. That works every time.

Kemp, we're having a heat wave too right now. I'm going to hate to see my bill too. I have turbo jam dvd's, and they're great, but I have to do them to see results. That's my biggest problem is making myself do it.

Cal, welcome back. I loved your pictures. I love looking at photos with all the history. That's an amazing trip you took. And congrats on the 2 lb. loss. Most people usually gain when they come back from a trip, so you did great.

LT, I'm sorry about the headaches. They really can stop you for a while, can't they. I know exactly how you feel about not getting motivated. I'm in the same boat with you right now. for the both of us. I'm need to get back into WW, and stop putting it off.

I guess being long winded is what happens when you've been away for so long. I hope all of you and a great afternoon/evening.
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote