3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 07-24-2006, 03:43 PM   #76

Hey guys. We just got back from our DU state convention in north LA. I am still dragging butt but I made myself pop on the puter today hi.

Well, I sucked at Core. I told my leader that today and she said just to find my motivation and get back to Flex so ths it what I am working on today. I am trying to stay off of the scale since I am about to start and we just ate to much over the weekend.

Anige you are doing so great. I knew you would do goo though b/c you are so strick on yourself. You have to work this and you are doing it to the "T". Poor little kitty, I hate to hear when people do that.

Dips I am glad to hear that you are ok. I know that you will be fine just like everyone is saying.

Cal we are actually getting a slight break from the temps. Of course we are tradeing them for high humidity so I don't really know what is better. I am just gald that we are actually getting some rain now.

Noelle I wonder why you had som many teachers leave. I still have no idea about the school year. I just wake up one morning and hear the buses and then I know that they started back.

I need to head back in to work. I have one more client for the day and then I am coming home to walk the dogs. I am going to MAKE myself do some sort of movement. I have got to get my momentum back.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 04:58 PM   #77

Hi everyone. My nose is healing, but I was able to take the bandage (I think it's kind of like a cast for noses) and now it hurts worse than it has in several days. I'm also having to flush my sinues. That's a wonderful experience in itself. It's amazing what comes out of there, that you'd never realize that was there. Well, that's enough gross talk.

Kemp, I always tell myself I'm going to do Core, which to me is all about healthy eating, but flex is so much easier when it comes to eating like normal. Keep going to the meetings. You get motivation there as well as know which way the scale is heading. (funny, I should be taking my own advice. I received a post card from the ladies I used to work with. Maybe someone's trying to tell me something.)

Angie, wow. You are amazing.

Cal, yesterday we broke a record with 113 and a high humidity. It's been absolutely miserable. I'm not too far behind you in age, but, ever since I started using my "happy cream" for the PMS, I'm actually regular now, every 28 days.

Noelle, we went to see Pirates of the Carribean Saturday night. I didn't care for it too much. I especially didn't like the voodoo woman on it. She really grossed me out. Also, I wanted to let you know that I rented Grandma's Boy a while back. I started laughing when I read your post that you rented it. Is your community going to stop fighting the Condo project going in?

Dips, I will continue to keep you in prayer.

Have a great day everyone.
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:11 PM   #78

School starts pretty soon for us. It's amazing that it starts so early when it is still soooo hot outside. For the beginning of the year we usually have 'rainy day schedules' because it's too hot for the kids to be outside. Continuing teachers go back on Aug 2 and new teachers start July 27. Out kiddos come back on Aug 7. Of course, on that day I will start counting down to Fall Break. I sometimes feel like I'm still on vacation in Europe. I love it over there. Of course, I'm glad we left before the heat really hit over there.

I've started to get things ready for school, although I have yet to go to the school....putting that off for as long as possible. We do have a new principal and asst principal so I will go to the school on Wed when they have their 'Meet the Administrators' time. I hope they know how to deal with middle school kids.

We are in the process of having tile put down in our house. We are tiling the entire downstairs. They are supposed to call us this week to set a date to start. I can't wait. I know my allergies will let up once we get rid of some of the carpet in the house. Hubby decided that it needed to be done because I never had a problem with allergies the entire time we were in Europe (where they don't have carpets), but as soon as we got home they started up again with the swollen eyes, sneezing, stuffiness, etc...

Have a great day everyone.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:38 AM   #79
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning girls!! I am not doing anything fun today just working. I dont have anything to say but I just wanted to stop in and say hi.

Kempy, I know you can get back into it. Just think about how far you have come and how much you loved it in the beginning. You dont want to have to go back and start all over again so I know you will do it. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

CW, Hi. WOW! 113!!! How do you guys stand it? I would hate to have to work in a kitchen ouit you guys way. It gets so hot in mine now that I want to quit.

Cal, I hope your allergies leave when you get the tile laid down. I hate carpets too. This winter we are taking them out of all our bedrooms and laying down the laminate wood to match the rest of the house. Plus maybe Candi can stay cool this way because she will sit in our room in the winter and pant. The poor little fluffybutt.

Oh I do have a question for all of you on WW. Do you count 1/2 points? I know some of the things that WW lists as whole points actually have a half mor point if you use a calculator. I have been counting half points but been wondering if I need to.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:54 PM   #80
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, I got the kiddo off to his first day of school as a 2nd grader. Woo-Hoo!!! : He gets out at 11 but at least it's a few hours right? He did not want me to stick around at all so I just drove through the drop off area and split--God forbid I should embarrass him on the first day! I already checked when the fall break is, Sept. 28 When fall break is over I will be enjoying myself in Vegas

We are waiting-and-seeing about a tropical storm heading our way. Rick was supposed to go over to Kona to get the boat sailed back this weekend, but it looks like the storm...possible hurricane may be there at the same time so it's highly doubtful. But the boat did a great sea trial yesterday. The mechanic called us yesterday while he was heading out on the water, the engine sounded nice and healthy. I can't wait til it gets here, it seems like it's been too long already.

Cal/cw, I don't know how I would handle temps in the 100's plus humidity--I am miserable enough with 75+ humidity and our temps here are only in the mid 80's (which makes it feel like the mid 90's). Yuck!

cw, I didn't like the 2nd pirates movie too much either, much preferred the 1st. And they leave it so open-ended you know they will be spoiling the rest of the story with another and yet another and another sequel.... I hope your nose is healing up and you are pain free soon.

Angie, I count 1/2 points (when I'm counting ) because once I start leaving things out, I get into a real slacker mode--which is where I'm at now. I do know what you mean about the slider and the calculator being different some times though. Maybe it's the fiber factor? I have come across some weird food points like where one serving would be 0 points, but if you eat two it turns into 2? That just feels wrong...

OMG you guys, that stupid dog around the corner (and his even more idiotic owners)...he came out and bit my friends dog as she was walking past his house on Sunday--5 days after he almost knocked my dad down. He was tied at a different part of the yard, but the stupid owners still didn't shorten his leash--he came barrelling out of his yard and attacked my friends dog. This was the second time he bit him too--about 8 mos ago he was running loose at a nearby park and he attacked the other dog. Now he's tied up at home (sort of), and he attacks the same dog. The owners are freakin' idiots and need to be shot. My friend called the pound and the police and reported the incident. I hope the owners get fined and the dog gets taken away from them--it's not his fault that he's owned by idiots.

melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:04 PM   #81

Hello everyone,

It seems like I'm okay in the morning, but get really worn out by 2:00pm that i have to rest. I'm hoping that I get a little more energy once my nose and sinuses are completely healed.

Angie, I count 1/2 points when I use the calulator. You can always round up, but then you might be jipping yourself out of points, and not eating enough. Do you normally use the calculator only? I used to love the very first WW points program they had. There wasn't a cap on the fiber, and you get each things high in fiber that would be zero points. Like they used to have these muffins at Traders Joes that had 12 grams of fiber that were 0 points. I miss that program. lol.

Noelle, The heat is unbearable. I normally use my swamp cooler when it's under 100 degrees, and use my window air conditioners otherwise. I usually put the cooler on at night, but with the humidity factor being so high lately, the cooler does nothing. I hate running them 24/7. It's funny when they don't want to show affection in front of their peers, but still show it at home. Anyway, enjoy the affection while you can. It totally changes as they get older. When my son stopped showing me affection, he stopped all together. Don't get me wrong, we still talk and share many things. He also turned out to be a fine young man, but doesn't like show me any affection at all, which totally bums me out some times. Oh well, at least he lives next door, and I can at least see him. When he was in high school, he told me he was thinking of military as a career, which totally freaked me out. I just knew if he left, he'd find some girl back east and never come home. Thank the Lord that that didn't happen. And the most important of all, I get to share in my granddaughgter's life. Anyway, enough whining about the joys of kids as they grow up.

Have a great afternoon/evening everyone.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:25 PM   #82

Well, it is almost the end of day 2 and I have stayed OP so far. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that I can make it through the weekend. OUr firends are coming in and we usually eat too much. I am trying to plan the menu out before they get here so I can keep it healthy. They don't mind either so that makes it easy.

Anige I just had to say "you can do it" like the guy on Waterboy. I love that movie.

CW what in the world is a swamp cooler? I have never heard of that and I live in the swamp.

Noelle I can't believe you guys are having a hurricane. We have a Low off of the cost that they are watching. I don't think it is going to be anything but a rain maker. Your little man is growing up, huh? I remember not wanting my mom to hug me either. I did still give her a little peck in the check up until I graduated from high school. Of course it was really fast though.

I am nursing a headache so I am going to hop off here. My sinues are killing me from the humidity.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:06 AM   #83

We are getting pretty close to the second page so I thought I would bump us before I left the house today. I have a manicure this morning, part of my b-day gift from Joe, and I am looking forward to it. I hope it is as nice as I want it to be.

Anige I heard at the meeting that you should use what the slide says. If you got the info off of the nutrition panel use that. The book is supposed to be a general guide. I eat peaches and the book has a 6oz one as 1pt. Well, these things are no where close to 6oz (I weighed them) so I use 1/2 pt for them. I will just eat more fruit later to make up for it. Also, my graham crakcers are 1 1/2 pts for on sheet and sometimes that is all I want.

I really need to move it. I am still sitting here in my PJ's and I have my appt. at 9:30. I'll check back later with you guys.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:32 AM   #84
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!! It is so muggy again today. YUCK!! This has been the muggiest summer I can ever remember. It is sucking big time to be in the bakery cooking in the afternoons!!

Noelle, What do you guys do to prepare for a hurricane being on an island and all? Do you have to leave every time? I hope it doesnt hit you guys. Wow, Michael started school already? Mine still have 5 weeks off for summer before they have to go.

CW, I actually found an online points calculator for free that I use. I just do the half points too but I was wondering since the WW foods at the stores never say half points if I should be just doing whole points.

Kempy, GREAT JOB STAYING OP!!!! You are doing awesome!! I always say You can do it like that too. Too funny!! Have fun at your manicure.

I hope everyone has a great day today!!
Old 07-26-2006, 02:48 PM   #85

Well, the manicure was great. I found out that I work with the girls best friend so she didn't charge me full price. COOL! I never get stuff like that to happen to me. In fact my friend (the decorator) just told me that she doesn't think the liner for my kitchen curtains is going to block out enough light and I will have to spend $42 on 4 panles of black out stuff. CRAP!! I just can't seem to cathc a break. I am going to find out how bad the stuff she has right now is. I mean I don't mind the light I am just trying to keep out the heat. It is in the kitchen afterall. I could see if it was in the bedroom and I wanted it dark.

I just wanted to pop back on. I relaly need to go put away the clothes. I have a bad habit of leaving them in the luandry room.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:28 PM   #86
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, it's another scorcher here today...the temps aren't so bad but the humidity--you know the story But anyway, the storm is falling apart so it looks like it'll just bring some much needed rain our way without the big winds, so I'm happy for that. I hate that humidity that hangs around before the rains though, it's killer!

Kempy/Angie, I had to laugh at the "you can do it" reference....Rob Schneider and all--he's half Filipino you know as he always says in his movies. That's called Pinoy pride I got me some of that too

cw, it's weird because I remember giving hugs and kisses to my parents when I was little, like before going to bed or school and stuff, then all of a sudden it just stopped. We're not a hug/kisses family to each other, but we are with out of town relatives--weird huh? And that's how Hawaii locals greet each other they haven't seen in a long time, a hug and kiss...so I can easily hug and kiss someone I don't know well, but not my own mom and dad .... My husband's family is the "I love you", hug hug kiss kiss at every meeting type, and my son is sort of that way too, so I will certainly enjoy it while it lasts. I'm sure you raised a bright, secure young man, and he's out and about in the world so you did a good job.

Cal, did you get to meet your new Principal and VP? I hope they work well for ya.

Well, I gotta run for now. Hello to all

melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:55 AM   #87

Hi everyone,
Well, I didn't get to a WW meeting tonight, so now I'll probably have to wait until next week to join back up again. You'd think I should lose 10 pounds with as much sweating I'm doing in this heat wave. Don't I wish. I went to the doc today. He said everything looks good,and that it will take at least 2 months for all the swelling to go down. Here I was thinking my new nose was looking okay, when I find out that it's going to change over the next month or two.

Kemp, a swamp cooler (at least that's what my family's always called it) blows air. The moter is surrounded by pads that is constanctly being wet down to make the air cooler. It works okay until it gets over 98 or is really humid. for staying OP.

Angie, I agree with Kemp. The books are a general if you don't have the nutritional facts to use the points calculator. I would use the .5 when your trying to squeeze the most from your points. You are doing so well, whether counting .5 points or not. I'm so proud of you.

Noelle, it's funny, cause I'm the same way with me family. I'll give my aunts hugs, but don't do that with me parents. As far as my son, he did turn out to be a fine young man. He's a firefighter with our City fire dept., married, with a 21 month old. Anyway, he might not show me any affection anymore, but my granddaughter certainly makes up for it. She's a very loving, happy little girl.

I hope you all have a good day tomorrow. I'm thinking about going to the coast for a few days where it's 70 degrees. I haven't decided yet. My mom and dad are there, however, my aunts will be there too. I enjoy being around them, but my parent's house has only one bathroom. Decisions. Decisions.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:03 AM   #88
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Just a quick hello

Hi my girls,

Oh all this WW talk. I feel so left out sometimes But I'm glad everyone seems to be doing well with it for the most part. I am trying my hardest to eat right. But for some reason it seems more difficult

CW- I feel for ya, My Love. It may be worth it to put up with the one bathroom for a little weather relief. BTW I kiss my folks everytime I see them. It's the outside fam that ge the half hugs.

Noelle- What I wouldn't give to be in hawaii despite the humidity

Kempy- Keep up the good work, it will show in the end.

Angie- I feel for you too having to bake in this kind of weather. How miserable.

Okay I have to keep it short because my battery is almost dead and I don't want to lose this stuff

Ciao
Old 07-28-2006, 07:28 AM   #89
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

WOW!!! No one posted yesterday????

Last edited by angieME; 07-28-2006 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:58 PM   #90

Hey i am here. I am just getting ready for our friends to get here. I am trying to get the house straight and get dinner ready. I have to make the dessert ahead of time to let it set. I know, I am supposed to be OP this weekend but I am going to choose healthy and eat small so that will help.

Angie I can't believe your son. I wonder if he just fell to peer preasure. I hate to hear that you might have trouble with him too. I know you are a good mom so don't think this reflects off of you. (oops, did you edit that out? I thought I read it last night)

Ok, I have got to get going. I still have a few things outside I have to do. Yuck in the heat.