Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 10:31 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 212/203/170

OK...just got back from my 2mile walk...I keep trying to decide what 'plan' I need to go with. I am a huge carb addict and my NP said if I went carb free for a couple of days my blood sugar would even out and that would help kickstart the weight loss...honestly though--I don't know if I could go CARB FREE--low carb maybe, but free--

Idontwant2befat--I missed you earlier. I think I might go check out fitday...thanks for the tip.

Thanks RosieKate for the Welcome. Your house sounds eerily like mine and probably the majority of America. I don't know WHY I put so much stress on myself to be a perfect person when I KNOW that isn't me...cleaning and cooking just don't come naturally--it just ain't fun.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:25 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 176/174/155

JuneCleaverwannabe- cut out carbs??? lol no way I could do that. I know it is good for ya, but man oh man...I love my carbs.

Ok girlies...I did my cardio...all of 25 min...my lil tornado interrupted..but atleast it is something...I must go shower now and get my butt off this computer!! Will check in later! Have a wonderful Saturday!!!
Old 05-20-2006, 12:04 PM   #33  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

OK....I am totally not having the BRAINY-est day I have ever had in my life. I kept looking at the last "BACK IN KINDERGARTEN" post wondering where in the world everyone was. DUH!!! I FINALLY caught on that a new thread was started. Boy...I think I need some brain food today.

JULES...thanks for explaining the NSV thing to me!

I actually got some NSV's this past weekend! I was with family that hadn't seen me in a few months and they noticed that I looked smaller. They all kept telling me they could really see a difference. I was completely shocked because I don't feel like I can see a difference yet! There we go...that is my first NSV!
Old 05-20-2006, 12:22 PM   #34  
ugggg.....

Bep--Susan thinks we will explode if we go over 50 posts!! Actually it does keep it from getting confusing with so many pages!! Yeah on your first NSV!! More will come!!

Sunny--I have two big dogs one of which thinks she needs to like your face when you are down at her level--doesn't help while doing exercise tapes!!

June--I have found that I don't stick to things that say I can't ever have something.....that is why I am trying calorie counting for the first time. I am all across the board on daily calorie intake--I was shocked to see that there were days that I ate under 1000 calories and then others that I was over 2000--no wonder I am not losing--my body is confused with my constant back and forth between starvation and bingefests!! I have also read that too few calories slow down metabolism and we all know what happens when we consume to many. I would like to get to a 1700 average to start and then drop to 1600 and then to 1500 and stick with a 1200-1300 daily range. We will see if this plan of mine works for me.

Last edited by jules1216; 05-20-2006 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:29 PM   #35  

Sunny that is exactly how I feel about the no carbs thing--even for just 3 days--I don't think it's humanly possible That's why I think portion control is the best thing for me. I'm like Jules--tell me I can't have something and WATCH OUT cuz that's inevitabley what I will want the most.

BEP--WTG..that is awesome. When OTHERS actually can tell a difference, that's when you know it's working. I would be on cloud nine if someone told me that.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:36 PM   #36  
ugggg.....

funny thing to make you laugh--I am fairly big chested and seem to wear bras out--well everytime I get a new bra and the "girls" are lifted back where they should be I get the "have you lost weight" cracks me up!!! I am thinking no--you can actually just see that I do have a waist!!
Old 05-20-2006, 01:05 PM   #37  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default welcome sunny and idontwant2befat

glad you are here!!!
i am at work right now, got here at 8 and working till 7, taking a lunch break before we get busy. eating leftover meatloaf made with ground turkey, mushrooms, onions and bell pepper, with some sweet corn....dh made it and its purdy good.
about the no carbs thing, your body needs carbs for energy, if you cut them out completely you have no energy!!! just cut out the bad carbs, like white rice, potatoes, white bread, etc......whole grains are the best, brown rice, whole wheat bread(not just wheat bread, whole wheat bread), and add more fiber and protein to your diet. that seems to work the best for me, the extra protein helps me get through the afternoons, i either grab a protein bar or make me a protein shake. i have read that whey protein is more filling and better for you but i have not tried that yet. ok i gotta finish eating, hope yall have a great day!!
hugs,
Shawna
Old 05-20-2006, 01:07 PM   #38  
RosieKate

The calorie counting talk has reminded me of a tip to help you get started with setting your calorie goals, but avoid setting them to low and kick in the starvation response. I thought I'd share it, incase any of the calorie-counters find it helpful. The magic formula to lose one pound a week:

Take your weight times 13, then subtract 500 for a daily calorie limit. The 500 comes from the fact that you need to burn 3500 calories to lose 1 pound. If you combine this with more exercise, then you can get to the 2 lbs a week loss that most programs recommend.

For example; I weighed 185 on Monday, so
185x13= 2405 ( this is what I would eat daily if I had no interest in losing weight with a lifestyle of moderate activity)

2405-500=1905 for daily calories

When I tried this I found it worked if you also exercise; didn't work for me if I did zero exercise. I know it seems high, but it is a place to start and it is meant for slow loss and long term maintenance. Right now I am just not in a calorie-counting frame of mind, so I am doing the Zone where I have to do all portion control and zero calorie counting. I tend to change programs periodically just to keep myself interested...fwiw

Old 05-20-2006, 01:14 PM   #39  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default good article

here is a good article that i have read....its very informative.

http://www.gleemagazine.com/glee/art...2055029/cid_36
Old 05-20-2006, 01:20 PM   #40  
kitty Momo

Good Morning to everyone!!

I am at the library so I will write real fast. Gaby's attention span is limited and any minute I know she is going to want to go play outside!!

I did see Baker & Spice this morning Katy. That is the bakery you gain 10 pounds just walking by their front window!!! omg.....I think I was drooling this AM....I went to Starbucks and walked right by....

Rach did cry and Beck too when Rach was saying she would never want her sister to have to go through what she has - treatment wise...-she said she loved Becky and I never have heard that before...lol....

We are cleaning today and just relaxing. Hope to catch up with you chatty ladies tonight.......yay Bep for finding us!! lol...sorry for changing the thread on you!!

Napoleon is so cute.....I might find another avatar....so I can see him better.
ok, off to find a good book to read!! Welcome again!!!
Old 05-20-2006, 01:27 PM   #41  

Katy--thanks for that tip. I calculated mine and was like WOW..I was surprised at that amount. That's definately doable..I just have to start counting...

Great article Chickie--my bad thing is water--I am really trying to start drinking more and more...I just don't like it.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:37 PM   #42  
kitty Momo

Morning June C!!! I just cut and paste an update on my dad. I have to make it up there today to see him. Just getting updates from my sister.......

My father is waiting for surgery. The doctors think he will be scheduled in the next several days to remove some gallstones that have been blocking his pancreas. It has caused his “system” to not cleanse itself and has caused an infection. He also has 2 aneurisms(sp) in his stomach. One is leaking and one is growing, they have him on morphine for the pain. The doctors won’t operate on this, it is too risky and he isn’t in good shape. They are mainly stabilizing him and running other test. There was also some concern that his diarrhea (sorry if this too graphic) is contaminated and you have to wear a gown and mask to go into see him. I guess that is the bad news, good news he is so doped up he feels no pain.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:55 PM   #43  

ohh My....poor guy!! My thoughts and prayers go out to you. It's never easy having a sick loved one. We went thru cancer last year with my fil--lost him back in Sept...hardest thing I ever had to endure.

Getting ready to chaporoned my oldest daughters first dance. Just got back from decorating--they did a Hawaiin theme--it looks cool. She's going in 7th grade and her competition basketball team is doing this for a fundraiser. Of course she can't get ready here...oh no, we have to go over to the best friends house to get ready. Anyways--just checking in--cuz I was having very strong HERSHEY WITH ALMONDS craving--but I didn't give in. Grabbed a granola bar instead....
Old 05-20-2006, 06:24 PM   #44  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Katy ~ Thank you for that calorie info. I'm definitely going to try it and see what mine comes out to be.

Susan ~ I'm so sorry about your poor dad! That has to be awful painful what he's going through. I will say a prayer for him. Yah, the new high school is where Moss used to be. I went to Moss for my 7th and 8th grade years. My older daughter also went there. The high school is very nice, and the auditorium is beautiful where they have the plays. So are you thinking seriously of moving back this way? I'm loving this weather today! My DH and I just got back a little while ago from Beaverton; what a mess over there! There was some kind of accident going over there on 217, somewhere past WS, so we got off at the Progress/Scholls Ferry exit to hit the back roads, and that was everyone else's idea also as they were totally backed up. Oh well, we made it and I'm glad to be back home!
Old 05-20-2006, 06:44 PM   #45  
kitty Momo

Michelle - Too weird. I thought we were both 42? Just thinking because I went there in 7,8 and 9th - you didn't go to Beavercrek grade school?? That would be too freaky - lol .... I am not making it out today but I will take a ride tomorrow and look around. It has changed so much since I lived out there. The girls went out with their dad but I am not venturing out in the Saturday traffic!! I get so sick of being in the car - sometimes I feel like crying when I have to get in it....lol. Thanks for the prayers!
Ginny- Jade sounds like a sweetie - would love to bring Gaby and make cookies!!
Sunny & Jules - My ex use to roll his eyes too when I was losing weight back in 99 and on the computer. When I was on the tradmill walking he would say "you doing that again?? You are just going to gain it back".....POOH!! Made me so mad ....lol...
June C......I ALWAYS wanted to be Mrs.Brady.....with a housekeeper Alice, heck if I am going to vacuum!! lol
Shawna - Sorry you have to work today!!!
Katy - Is it still raining where you live?? lol .....Sunny here...we only live a mile apart,,,,,lol You must have meant last night??
Cristi - Hope you are enjoying your visit with Josh!!
Kathy - We miss you!!
Deb........get your butt in here!!
Bep - How you doin??
Mari - Hi, hope you are having a good Saturday!

better get busy....hope I didn't miss anyone!!

chat later
Closed Thread