Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 01:53 PM   #1  
ugggg.....

Default Back in Kindergarten #2

to Back In Kindergarten!

I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways.... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten ~

Please join us in our journey, pull up a chair and get comfy!
Old 05-07-2006, 01:54 PM   #2  
ugggg.....

Susan--how's that for ya!!! btw I checked my spelling on Kindergarten in the dictionary to make sure I spelled it right--you wondering got me wondering...you know that doubting myself problem I have!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 01:58 PM   #3  
ugggg.....

OK roll call
Susan, Cristina, Ginny, Katy , Michelle, Deborah, Cerea and any lurkers--start posting!!
I came in to get the next load of laundry to hang out--working on cutting back the woods before it over takes what little yard I have--dealing with wild raspberry bushes at the moment--very sticky--had to dig up a heavier pair of gloves while I was in here--those bushes are everywhere!! Just so they stay on the outside of the fence--love when they are full of berries though!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 02:00 PM   #4  
ugggg.....

A big thank you to Ellis for closing the last thread!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 02:03 PM   #5  
kitty Momo

Good Morning Jules. It looks great!! Thanks for doing that for us and to Ellis for being so fast at closing #1.
I need to go back though and read what was written before I post. Gaby keeps seeing the 3 chicks and likes looking at them. Taking forever this morning to get ready for the day!!

chat after I go and catch up!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-07-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:07 PM   #6  
ugggg.....

Hi Susan--I'll be back in a bit--gotta get back outside!!
Old 05-07-2006, 02:42 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

Good Morning Jules I would love to help you outside! I miss that from my last property management job. The last year I was there I did everything by myself. It was the summer from **** - I worked 6am to 7 pm most days. I had that place looking really good. I was so proud of myself, learned how to operate all sorts of outside equipment, thrilled. lol

Good Morning Ginny I was the one asking about your bike riding. How is it on the knees? I know if I power walk my knees start hurting. I would be happy to go to Katy's and spread her cow manure around. I think she might want all the joy for herself though.I don't think she will share the manure with me. The way she got a glem in her eye telling me yesterday about the poop. jk.........Her home sounds really nice though. I am sure in the end all their hard work would have paid off.

Good Morning Michelle It is a nice area! I remember when I first was married I hopped TriMet and went out to WS looking for something white to wear (YES, I could wear white!! I was pure lol ) . Never been out this way before, seemed like a differnt world . Did you miss my 7-11 diet?? Didn't work too good. lol

Good Morning Cristi How are you this morning? I never watch much tv. I would watch American Idol but I keep missing it. Now that the Bachelor is over I just wander the apt looking for Mr Jingles. lol

[BGood Morning Katy[/B] How is James?? How is Leigh? Hope she doesn't come down ill Gaby sends that to Leigh. Taking forever this post!! Gaby keeps distracting me! Have a super Sunday!!

Good Morning Debbie How is your weekend going?

Good Morning Ceara Thanks for the welcome - there , that is from my 4 year old - lol

k- I am out of here for while. Gab is driving me nuts!! My dad is going to be ok , suffering from extreme dehydration.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-07-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:50 PM   #8  
RosieKate

Just got back from Sunday School...I left everyone at home. We're all dragging - bleah

Leigh doesn't have any signs of illness other than being very tired, so she and James are spending the day watching movies. James is going back to school tomorrow - yay! I've been feeling really tired and hope that I'm not catching whatever it is that's going around.

Susan---any word on your dad?

Today is rainy so no yardwork..I'm just going to hang out and knit and read... yoga class at 4.

For those who remember..I was having some feet problems...well I got my new insoles this week and slowly I am feeling a bit better in my knee and back. It's kind of amazing that adjusting something so small can affect so many other parts of my body. This insole is very thin, it just raises my foot up 3.5 mm under the ball of my foot just in front of the arch. I think I'll lay off the step aerobics for another week, then try it out and see what happens. I miss the vigorous workouts.

Have a great Sunday everyone...I am so NOT looking forward to weigh-in Monday...not going to be pretty...I'm sure eveyone else is doing fabulous and I'll take my inspiration from that and do better next week.

Old 05-07-2006, 06:25 PM   #9  
Ginny

Smile

Hi everyone, Just a quick post. Glad to see we are moving ahead to #2 already. And that is with 11 pages in the last one. We are a chatty group. Isn't that wonderful. Had a very busy day at work today. I went in half an hour early, usually do, to get things opened up, put things outside and be ready to begin when I open..Well, I had the place full of customers at 20 min to the hour. My worker came in right on time and saw so many cars in the parkinglot she thought she was late... next time figures she better come in early. We were late getting out too. which is ok. As long as it isn't to late.

Got supper in the oven. After I get the dishes done, I'll go ride my bike for my 5 miles.. Susan, it is ok on my knees. Funny they say the ellipical is suppose to be better on the knees, when I tried it in the store, I hated it.. I knew if I had to use that I never would.. I am happy with my bike. The seat is nice and wide and quite comfortable. I had knee surgery when I was 27. My patella was knocked out of place when I was 16, and from then on it went out more often than I did. When I was 27, it went out and wouldn't go back in. AFter all the dislocations I had so much scar tissue and calcium stuff built up under it. They took it off, cleaned it out, shortened my muscles and put it back on. It was frozen for almost a year, so I walked like Chester on Gunsmoke... they were going to do another surgery, but I stepped in a hole accidently, when I went down, my leg bent under me.. though it was painful at first, it fixed the problem.. saving me from having another surgery.. anyway my other knee had to take more abuse while the bad knee was acting up, so it started to deteriate early on. So I have two knees that give me problems.. I was concerned at first with the bike, but am pleasantly surprised.. they may click and make a few noises but are doing good.

That will make you not want to ask me anymore guestions huh? I tend to give very thorough answers.. did I spell that right? I am tired and it doesn't look right.. oh well, you get my drift..

I better go check on supper. Hope everyone had a good day. And enjoy the evening. I'll catch ya all on the flip side.

Ginny
Old 05-07-2006, 07:33 PM   #10  
RosieKate

It's ok Ginny there's no such thing as TMI 'round these parts.....Since I've had my knee and back issues I have found that the recumbent bike is much easier on my knee than the elliptical. I like the elliptical and I do think it has less impact than the treadmill or the stepper, but still puts some stress on the knees sad to say.

Susan - thanks for asking after the kiddos..Leigh sends huggers right back at Gaby...she really had a good time. She's still dragging, but nothing else - illnesswise. I'm going to keep her home from school tomorrow to be on the safe side. Fortunately David is going to take a day off to hang out with her. I have errands piling up that just aren't happening 'cause I've been stuck at home. James is well enough, so I'm going to go to school with him tomorrow and help him settle in. I'm scheduled to volunteer anyway, so that works out. Hope your dad gets hydrated and feels better soon.

i've been dragging as well...didn't make it to yoga. I knit my DH a hat today, now I'm surfing 'round the internet which is dangerous because I'll probably buy something yarny to knit.....like this

http://www.needleartsbookshop.com/pa...ers_Shawl.html

Yikes! It's totally gorgeous and I could do it...but I have so many other projects lined up....I need to be tied to a chair and kept away from PayPal....

Later
Katy

Old 05-07-2006, 08:05 PM   #11  
RosieKate

Ok ...I succumbed...only I'm making this instead

http://www.helloyarn.com/bigskulltote.htm

The main color will be a kelly green and the skull will be a granny smith-type green.
Perfect for toting around all those knitting projects...and I'll get to felt something for the first time!

Old 05-07-2006, 08:20 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon,

Where is our Cristi??? Miss seeing a post from her.

Hi Katy - I haven't heard about my father, other that he is doing better and a possible discharge Wednesday. - he is out of ICU as of this morning. I am furious with my mother though - she made it sound like he was close to death. She goes "if they give him 6 months to live , remember you can get hospice care.' blah - blah. When I called back after her first call to see if my sister called again she goes " I have my own things going on Susan" omg....I could have hit her!! She pretty much tells me that my father is dying and now she doesn't want to be bothered with it. I was so upset.
Glad Leigh is doing so well today, good to get rest!! Gloomy day out - good day for dvds.

Ginny - What are you having for supper??? What do you think of my mother?? Some days she can be the sweetest and some days so thoughtless.

I saw Rachel today. Emotionally exhausting. We sat through a parent support group before we saw here. I thought that was very informative. Her dad had a letter from her best friend to give her. When I heard about that I told him no. Rach can't hang out with her, just can't. The girl smokes and has dropped out of school and all sorts of stuff. We go around and around on this so I said no........please!! He brought it up in group and counselor said not to give it to her. We talked about when these kids get out and what about their old friends??? Anyway, we talked with Rach and she was sweet until we started asking what her thoughts were on when she got out. She talked about her friend and still seeing her. She finally asked me "you don't want me hanging out with her??" and I said no. Rachel got up and walked out.
Made her dad & I sick all the way home. Had to do it though because I don't want to be 2 weeks down the road with her still thinking she was going to be able to hang out with her.
Annoyed with her father for opening the door of the letter exchange. Because the friends letter was just put in your time and when you get out we can have some fun. So many misspelled words.

Just tired now. I can't wait to go back to work tomorrow and relax!! lol

Has scrambled eggs/toast for breakfast and will have broccoli, cottage cheese with a chicken breast for dinner.

K- that is my day so far!!

chat later........
Old 05-07-2006, 08:25 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

Katy,
*cough I can just see you carrying your bible to church on Sunday in that skull tote. Everyone will see that and put you on the prayer chain pronto!! lol
jk
Beautiful shawl
Old 05-07-2006, 08:55 PM   #14  
Ginny

Hi again,
Susan, I had a baked pork chop, baked potato and steamed cabbage. with jello with some bananas for desert. and a bottle of water. As for you mom, I have no idea what her problem is.. I haven't really much to go on. Are your folks not together? Glad your dad is doing better. I don't think I'd give Rach that letter either. Sounds like her friend is not really the sort of friends you want her to be with, and since she is still so young, you DO have a say in it. Rachel sounds like she is trying to be way older than her age... as I'm sure many young girls are... but this is where tough love as they call it comes in... I wish you the best in this situation.. you have to keep fighting, some day she thank you for being there for her even though now she can't see what you are doing is for her best.

I was going to go up and ride my bike when I got company. Now I am tired, but I am still going up and ride... I can do this. I will feel better if I just go do it.. so good night all. After my ride I am turning in.. tomorrow is another day.. and I have to work 10 hrs. again.

Night all

Ginny
Old 05-07-2006, 10:04 PM   #15  
kitty Momo

Hi Ginny,
My muther. She can be very critical and cuts me off a lot. She doesn't have a close relationship with most of the children. We have been close though. She can be cutting though and if I say something in a humorous way she totally doesn't get it and starts lecturing me - lol
My mother & father haven't been together in years, since I was 18.
Spoke with the other mother tonight and told her that the girls couldn't have contact when Rach gets out. Told her that Rachel had a good year ahead to focus on getting back on track and that she needed to make other friends.
I mean , she was craving a smoke today and this girls mother gives them cigs. The mother just said that her daughters counselor thought the girls could support each other blah - blah and her daughter was so depressed without Rach........ARGH.......geepers .....I feel so depressed about this - Rach wouldn't take our calls tonight. Just feel like I am living on pins and needles.

Your dinner sounds so good!

Night all
Closed Thread