Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 10:35 PM   #91  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default howdy y'all

Got off at work at 9:30, went to walmart got a few groceries......making shrimp for dinner tomorrow......hope it turns out ok, iI've never made shrimp before. Gonna have brown rice and green beans for the veggies, and maybe a salad. My husband is the cook of the family, but he's in spring football practice right now so I need to take a turn I reckon. Got home and missed the beginning of invasion but my daughter caught me up.......she is funny, she's 16 and whenever it sounds like its getting scary she won't watch but make me tell her what's going on .....rofl!!! I worked out this morning before I went to work.....20 minutes on the treadmill and a leg work out. Tomorrow we have water aerobics......I love doing them. Anybody out there give me a holler.....I'm a night owl so I'm usually up till midnight ....est.
Hugs!!
Old 05-11-2006, 08:03 AM   #92  
Ginny

Good morning ladies,
Well I feel more rested this morning. Even though I was up almost every hour last night. The rain started and it kept hitting my window waking me up. And it's very windy. They (not sure who they are either Christina) said wind and rain today. In fact they say rain for the next 10 days. Some days its a 30% chance, today is 100% so don't expect any customers. If they come in today they are really full fledged gardeners.. Even I wouldn't go out today if I didn't have to. It's only in the high 50's. Not very conducive for outdoor work. I'm taking some paper work to do, but wish I had a computer down there. I could chat you girls up a storm. Well, I shouldn't be exhausted tonight unless it's from boredom... The big guy is being rather mean to us with this kind of weather now.

Not riding last night was ok. First I missed in at least 2 weeks. The scale was still at its lowest number this morning, so all the walking at work was exercise enough for the day.

Susan, I think the place you found in Gladstone, (do I have that right?) sounds perfect for you. Close to your sitter and a garden spot. You said that Rach and Becky's dad was 72, is that right? If so I can relate to these girls.
But how old are you? Anyway, my dad was 62 when I was born. The kids in my school used to think I lived with my grandfather. He died when I was 20.
My mom was 22 yrs younger than him. I also have half brothers and sisters so I can relate to Gaby too. People used to think I came from a strange kind of family with such old parents and brothers and sisters... but nowadays there is more and more of that.. mine wasn't from divorce though. My dad was a widower when my mom married him.. My mom was only 5 yrs older than his oldest daughter. My mom was 18 and my sister was 13. But the youngest daughter at the time was only 4, with two boys in between. Then my folks had 5 more. Me being the youngest, so there is 35 yrs between me and my oldest sister, of my full blooded siblings, there is 22 yrs. between me and my oldest sister.. no matter how you look at it we are different generations.

I tried to make a tracker for my miles. But the one connected to this forum only does weight, I tried the others it says we can use, but one didn't work and the other one I couldn't get to.

Wow, the wind is really blowing here now.. my windows are really being attacked. My pear tree in front of my office window is in full bloom. The wind is blowing the petals off and around, it looks like snow.

Today is a perfect day to stay in bed and read, or watch tv. But I can do neither. Hey, maybe I'll take a book to work with me and catch up on some reading..I hate days like today unless I can stay at home.

Doing a load of laundry. Chickimama, how did you fix your shrimp? We love shrimp but can't have it to often, as dh gets gout. He is on meds for it, so he can have it occasionally.

Well, think I'll see if I can get into that other tracker place. Have time before I need to go to work. NO point in being early today. Not even going to put anything out, it would just get blown to pieces. It's going to be a miserable day...

Ginny
Old 05-11-2006, 08:20 AM   #93  
ugggg.....

Crisitina--I couldn't do more than 3 minutes on the elliptical at first and when doing the machines that work your arms I thought that I would scream and never finish--now -- I am up to 10-15 minutes on the elliptical (unless someone is waiting) It works when Patty is there because she like the bike better and it hurts my knees and we can talk will doing them--it's actually hard to talk but it's easier when someone is talking to you--as long as she doesn't crack me up too much.

Susan--I wish I knew the answers for you..we went through some rough times with my DS but he came through on the other side fine and today he has a good relationship with DH. Hope someone has something fun planned for you on mothers day!!

Katy--I usually end up cooking for Mother's Day.....DD wants to take me out for lunch to her favorite restaurant near college on Friday. It's mostly vegetarian and everything we have tried so far is excellent. It's called the Blue Moon and it showcases artwork from the colleges art students--the one seating area is almost all glass. It's a small place and is always busy.

Chickiemama--good luck with the shrimp

Ginny--You are doing so great!!! My DH gets the gout too--only he had a severe reaction to one of the few meds that help it. Does the rain and/or humidity make your DH's gout act up? My aunt also gets it when she eats shellfish.

Hello to everyone else!! Well I gotta get to work--it's looking like it will be aother busy day for me!!

Last edited by jules1216; 05-11-2006 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:37 AM   #94  
Ginny

Hi again,
A quickie here.. if there is a mod out there, why won't my mile tracker work..? I got it from ticketfactory.... but it won't show the ticker.... any help would be appreciated..

Jules, first meds they gave dh for gout gave him such headaches he couldn't lift his head off the pillow.. but after trial and error now he takes one that helps. And no the weather doesn't seem to affect him.

Ok, gotta head out into this rotten weather.. if you don't hear from me tonight, send out the coast guard.. I am probably floating away somewhere...

Ginny
Old 05-11-2006, 08:59 AM   #95  
ugggg.....

Ginny--The reaction that DH had his face feeling paralysed, he got sick on his stomach and he said he felt very off balance--they actually ran a test for Bell's palsy--thinking that was what was wrong. If it is really damp or rainy or even the high sticky humidity the joints where he usually gets his gout get arthritis like symptoms and causes alot of pain. He would like to move to AZ to get soem relief and his cousins live there--even with all my allergies I would miss the change of seasons and my mom is here and the kids.

You need to get yourself a pair of bright yellow rain boots so that we can find you easier!!

Really gotta go!!
Old 05-11-2006, 11:06 AM   #96  
The Fenix In Flight

S/C/G: 248/232/160

Hi everyone!!! Just popped in to say hi and that you all are great! Can't wait for this week to be over! Anyone here work in retail? I work for a mall and I have noticed that I no longer celebrate holidays. I know the holiday is coming up but by the time it is here I am (enter holiday name here) burned out. I have planned and marketed the holiday for X amount of time that I just do not want to hear about it anymore till next year. Well just wondering if it is just me being a scrooge or is this a normal thing for retail folks.
Have a great day!
Old 05-11-2006, 11:56 AM   #97  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!

Chickie - Hope your shrimp dinner turns out ok It sounds good, I am just not a shrimp fan - probably because I can't afford it. Now 1/4 lb hot dog are another story

yikes, need to get Gaby on the school bus!!! I tried on blouses and I am wearing one that was too tight a couple weeks ago!! Ain't that the coolest? I tried on some others and those are loose too - maybe another 5/10 and I can wear those.....how exciting! I will have clothes again.....I think I will burn that Ozzy Osbourne t-shirt that I had to wear a couple weeks ago!! I HAD hit rock bottom with that - lol

Ginny- I am 42. We have a 30 years gap. I was 25 , he was 55 when we met.He has 5 older children (38 to 48) . lol.....

anyway, on the run!!! Chat around lunch time!!
Old 05-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #98  
RosieKate

Good morning!

Deb- I haven't worked retail in years, but I, too, grew sick of holidays because they get over-hyped in the retail world, as you point out. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that were common among retail professionals. I was an elementary school teacher before becoming a SAHM and I would just hate the "day after"s on the big candy holidays. Kids would come to school with huge bags of candy and get persnickety when I would not let them eat as much as they wanted whenever they wanted. The nerve! Now, as a mom, I really try to instill a sense of perspective with regard to any holiday...really try to focus of the reason why it's celebrated; focus on the fellowship parts as opposed to the "gimme" parts. I find that helps with controlling my eating as well - holiday are big overeating time, too, aren't they....

Jules - you are making great progress on the elliptical! It takes awhile to get the hang of them - it's an unusual movement if you are not used to it. I have to watch it with my knee..boo hoo. Can't do as much of it. If it didn't aggravate my knee I could do 30 minutes.

Well ladies, here's a testimonial for you. As some of you know I have been working out at the community center steadily since last June. Lots of aerobics, dance and weights. I haven't lost much weight, but I get lots of compliments about weight loss so I must look like I have. I have been steadily shoveling and hauling compost for the last two days and I have been pleasantly surprised by how well my body is holding up. This time last year I did about 3 hours total of the work and then was flat on my back in pain for the next three days. This year - I woke up with only slight soreness in my biceps and just a little tinge in my lower back...all that working out has really paid off.....

Now to lose those 30 lbs......

This morning was an egg substitute omelette with fruit salad. I think lunch will be a green salad and a leftover chicken breast -- gee sounds like yesterday. I want that scale to budge this week!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 05-11-2006, 12:06 PM   #99  
RosieKate

Hi Susan- just missed you!
Yay for the blouse.....you'll be in the rest in no time....
Have a great day!

Old 05-11-2006, 12:25 PM   #100  
ugggg.....

Lunch time--for me it is a 310 calorie WW Smart Ones--Chicken Enchiladas Montery--It's actually pretty yummy! Dole peaches and a 16 oz Crystal Light Lemonade. I am craving some chips really bad--must be the mexican type entree.....or just me and my salt cravings--I am trying to be good and not add extra salt to things so that may be why I am craving it more--I am just a salt before you taste because there is never enough---well except for that time a few weeks ago during lunch out with DH and the lid to the salt shaker wasn't on tight...but you know what I mean.

Katy--compliments are always good--especially when the scale isn't moving as fast as you want it too...

Deb--I have worked a wide variety of jobs over the years and retail was in the mix. I got burned out too on holidays and all the commercial hype, but as I get older I enjoy the family time.

Susan--you are the coolest--very awesome on the clothes fitting again!!!
Old 05-11-2006, 03:33 PM   #101  
kitty Momo

Hi,
woo-hoo I get to be the 100 post!!! No one will read me..lol

In a morning meeting with other managers and just got out = have tons to catch up on. Going for lunch and I will pop back in later!

Just called the school and Becky ditched 3rd period math. Not she is beingheld after school. This kids are driving me nuts!!! I swear.

Going to go now......
Old 05-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #102  
kitty Momo

[Please STOP!! and pick up your compost pile and head over to Back In Kindergarten #3!!! to POST. Thank you to the kind MOD who closes this thread for us
Closed Thread