Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 08:07 AM   #46  

Hi my name is Laura, i am a single mom to daniel 18,caitlin 13, i live in Chicago, i am a 3rd grade school teacher....
susan told me to put down the twinkie and get over here..i had to put down the box of hohos first...lol chocolate is my weakness....
so a quick HI before i get ready for 2work to mold the minds of our future.........ohhhh boy
Old 05-09-2006, 08:24 AM   #47  
The Fenix In Flight

S/C/G: 248/232/160

Good morning!! 7:19 am over here in Houston. I did really well yesterday on my food and the weigh truly was water I got home and weighed and was 3.4 lbs less then I was in the morning. yeah!!!!! My only question is how I can go to bed at 236.4 and wake up at 237.4? Did my food expand and become more dense as I slept? lol
So what is an average mini weekly goal in this club? Any loss?
Well have a great day ,I'll try to come back later but holiday week so I am super busy!!!
Old 05-09-2006, 11:33 AM   #48  
kitty Momo

omg!!!! Laura!! yay.......I was about to do a food intervention on you!! lol Happy to see you finally made it, wasn't hard was it?? Love your worm thingie avatar..lol. Cute. Thrilled to have you here!!!

Deb - I don't know why you would gain. Did you drink water? Maybe something was disolving or expanding in there - scary. lol Sheesh......

Ginny & Jules- Rebecca?? My daughters lived with me 1 month in Sept. Rach stayed longer but Beck has always been "daddys girl". She has lived with him since Gaby was born. Anyway, they said I was mean and a b*&^% and moved back in with him. I just say I am being a parent. I really gave the control of raising them to him after we seperated. My mistake. I told him last night " you want them to like you, you want to be their friend. They don't need a friend , they need a father setting boundaries". He just nods his head, I don't know if he gets it or not. We go to a parent group again tonight.

Cristi - He is very sweet. We took 2 weeks off from talking and I missed him so I called. I don't think he will ever move to Oregon.

Michelle & Katy - Hey!! Where are you 2?? Beautiful day in Oregon

My goal for the week was 2 pounds Deb. I don't really have a mini goal. When I weigh during the week it never goes down and discourages me, so I try not to do that.
Feel ok today. My shirt seems looser or my chest is getting smaller - the downside of losing - you lose other things too....

Better get this girl on her bus and me to work!!!

Welcome again Laura!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2006, 12:31 PM   #49  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning Everyone & Laura ~ This group of ladies if very nice and lots of fun!!! Today is a beautiful sunshiny day in Oregon, just wish I felt better! I have been very down now for two days and need to get back on track. I'm letting things affect me emotionally and I'm just stuck in a rut that I hope to get out of soon! Atleast i'm not gaining any weight back, but I'm sure not losing it either!

Susan ~ I don't know if it's so good health wise on you to keep fighting to keep Rachel living with you. You have tried so much for her and she still isn't seeing it, so maybe she should see what it's like to live with her dad. I know someday, not soon enough, she will see what you were trying to do for her and come back around. I went through some horrible tough times with my older daughter, she ended up violently moving out during the beginning of her senior year, but now she calls me every day and tells me how much she loves me, and likes to go shopping with me and come over on Sundays for dinner. I will keep you in my prayers for the best things to come out of this.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:41 PM   #50  
ugggg.....

Lunch time--Lean cuisine and a dole fruit cup with a Crystal Light Lemonade.

Welcome Laura--I am going through empty nest since last June (yikes--has it been almost a year!!) as both my soon to be 19 year old daughter and my 21 year old son have both moved out. I have to go with you on the hohos over twinkies! Chicago huh--I am not sure if you live closer to Ginny in Michigan or Cristina in the midwest.

Deb--I can't weigh myself everyday or I get too obsessed. Can't explain the way weight fluctuates. I am trying to cut back on salt--I am one of those people who salt before tasting because I know it doesn't have enough for me.

Susan--You are doing so great on the weight loss--I'd like a 2lb a week loss instead of the 2lb gain I had. I set a min-goal of 10 lbs by Memorial day which should have put me at 200 but this "0" loss and 2 lb gain is not helping. I am tired of being stuck. Co-worker beginning to quiet down some since we are all busy and the helper that we usually have is off helping in another area this week so she actually has to buckle down and work this week since she got a good bit of checks in the mail yesterday to enter.

Back to work--I am going to try and do a walk at 3:00 break so I will post when I get home tonight!!
Old 05-09-2006, 12:45 PM   #51  
ugggg.....

Hi Michelle--just missed you--I have the same problem with letting my emotions control me instead of controlling them & it affects my weight in bad ways!!
Old 05-09-2006, 01:08 PM   #52  
kitty Momo

Hi Michelle - I don't mind Rachel or Becky living with her dad if he would stick with the rules that we have agreed on. This girl that we want Rachel away from lives just across the yard. Rach sneaks out after dad is asleep ( I mean he is 72 years old, he falls asleep at 8 pm......lol - he is like their grandpa) and goes over there. Unless he can really stick with getting her back on track she has to be with me or she can go to foster care if she really doesn't want to follow the rules.
It is very depressing for me and an added stress. Life with Gaby & me is a breeze. - lol
Rachel moved out 3 years ago when I started working again after Gaby was born. I had moved out of district. I mean she knows what it is like living there - lol she can do anything she wants if she yells loud enough or slams the doors or breaks the windows....yikes.

I had a slice of wheat toast with 1/2 a chicken breast for breakfast. I picked up some cottage cheese, pickled beets and turkey for lunch - with 2 apples to munch on.

Just getting into work!! Chat after I get settled in.....

Sooooooo, nice here today!!
Old 05-09-2006, 01:09 PM   #53  

Hi Jules ~ I do hate these emotion problems! I always tell myself "why can't you just do this and not let things get in the way" but it's easier said than done! You would think that I could just block things out, but they ALWAYS seem to overtake me and I'm really tired of it! How do you get over the emotional thinking? If the emotional side of this didn't get in the way, I would have had my weight off a long time ago! Oh well, what can you do, but just keep going and try your best! You're eating good today for lunch. I just finished my oatmeal and skim milk for breakfast a little while ago, but I think I'll have Lean Cuisine Mac and Cheese, cottage cheese and celery sticks for lunch. When my daughter gets out of school today, we're picking my mom and grandma up to go get a treat and visit for awhile.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:14 PM   #54  

Susan ~ You have some good points, so I just hope it all works out for the best. I remember how easy it was when the girls were little also. They loved you no matter what and we always got along. Have you checked with a foster home yet for Rachel? Maybe if she knows this will be her new home if she can't follow rules at either house, then she might have a different mind set. I don't know, just some suggestion, but I've never been through this part. Again, you're eating so healthy! Don't ya ever just want to eat junk instead? I wish I was in your mind set with eating right now.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:48 PM   #55  
kitty Momo

lol - Hi Michelle.
I laugh because she tried to get herself in foster care. Didn't work because her parents want her and home life wasn't bad enough. She reported things to child protection and there was an investigation. Rach took it as a joke but it was very serious. That lasted 3 weeks and they found no reason to take her out of the home.
She is stuck with us, little turd. That is what I mean when I say "I am fighting for her" because it would be so easy to just give up and let her go. This other stuff is painful and uncomfortable. Some days I just want to hide under the covers!!!

I was eating junk. I guess when I set my mind to something I stick with it and if I see results I am motivated to continue. I love pickled beets and cottage cheese. I love breads so if I have those to eat I am ok. Sometimes the smell of frosting gets to me....lol I stay clear of the bakery at the store.....lol
Old 05-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #56  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good afternoon ladies...

A big WELCOME to you Laura! Glad to have you aboard and looking forward to getting to know you. I tried a hoho once and didn't care for it. Used to like twinkies but the sugar gets to me, bothers my teeth for some reason. But don't mention ding dongs or SuzyQs!

SUSAN...Good for you for standing your ground. Doug has got to see that giving the girls everything or letting them do whatever isn't always good for them. It's terrible though that they got mad at you for being the strict parent and called you names. They've got to know it is for their own good. I think eventually Rachel will come around if Doug would quit giving in.

JULES...checked out that site...they have a lot of cool stuff. Liked the back care conditioning kit. Going to have to go back and check out the whole site though, looks like they have a lot of cool stuff other than just the work out stuff. Your lunch sounds very good and healthy.

DEB...I don't know either why your scales would show a gain the next morning. Unless it is actually the scales itself. I know I had some wacky scales. Finally went and bought some new ones. WTG on doing well with your eating yesterday! I don't have any mini-goals. I am aiming for a pound a week, but it's not a goal. My main goal is to be healthy and fit and if I lose weight along the way then so be it. I would think though, working out I will lose weight. It may not be my ulitmate goal, but I know I will lose. Just taking it one day at a time.

GINNY...I think it would be cool to keep up with the miles you bike. And then just think where you could have gone. I've started keeping track of my miles walked and then stopped and then started and then stopped, etc...should have kept track the whole time. So started again from April and don't really have a goal, just going to keep track and see where i could have walked.

Hi to everyone else and anyone reading this!

I had some errands to run this morning and did my work out at It Figures. I never was a squat person but you know, I am really liking the way it feels. I am liking the energy the whole work-out gives me. I kept having a converstaion with myself about going. Got up and my lower back was hurting bad and I didn't sleep good because of bad thunderstorms this morning at 3 a.m. Was tired for some reason. So I finally just told myself to JUST DO IT! I did and feel better that I did. My back isn't hurting now. Also, did a 1.09 mile walk on the treadmill. That .91 was bugging me...like everything to be even, lol! Anywho...since I have so much energy I must clean the house today! Chat with you later!

Take care ladies and have a WONDERFUL day!
Old 05-09-2006, 02:39 PM   #57  
kitty Momo

It is almost lunch time!! I just gobbled down my 2 gala apples. I love Gala ,my favorite.
What kind of errands did you have to do Cristi?? I have to go to the store tonight and buy some litter for the kitty and dish soap. I so don't want to do another paretning group but there is a free dinner so what the heck. Being a tad flippy!! The price of gas I just want to stay as much out of the car as I can. I spend at least $40 a week.
That 1.09 is bothering me too - you are not even Cristi!!! ugh......maybe you can finish the mile??? Please.....it would make me feel better -lol
I am waiting to hear about my garden plot at the park. I signed up and am on a wait list. I would love to go over there and take care of a garden.

k- break over!!

Laura There I meant to welcome you in the proper manner - lol Hope you are having a good day!
Old 05-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #58  
RosieKate

Hello everyone!

Welcome Laura!

All this talk of hohos and twinkies - bleck..can't stand them! Did you see the My Name is Earl episode when Joy married Crabman? Their wedding cake was made out of Twinkies and Ding Dongs...looked pretty cute

I understand the emotional eating you are all talking about...I struggle with it all the time. My weakest times are when I am sleep-deprived and when my kids get sick. I just get so worn out and emotional and you can guess what happens next. I guess I just want to yell at everybody, and instead of venting my frustrations, I eat. I have a wonderful supportive spouse who helps me in every way, so I can't say that I don't have resources to help me keep from getting strung out emotionally. I think I still deep down feel like I need to doing everything myself and should not depend on others.

Susan - hope the parent group goes well tonight. Give that little Gaby a big squeeze from us. Your apple sounded yummy, but the beets sure don't :P My lunch was a cup of low-fat cottage cheese, a can of light fruit cocktail, and some almonds. My snack was some leftover oatmeal pancakes with some soynut butter.

Ginny - you are doing great on the walking! You should set up a map and "walk" your way over to Oregon. I wonder how long it would take.

Cristina - I used to hate squats and push-ups. Wouldn't you know they are just about the best type of resistance activity you can do? I've made my peace with them because it feels so good to be able to do more of them.

Deb- dunno about the scales - did you weigh before you-ahem-used the facilities? Sometimes that makes a difference.

Michelle - hope you have a nice visit with your daughter and grandma

Knock wood - we are all healthy today. Yesterday, James did great all day, but then started complaining about a sore tummy..then BAM, he hurled all over...got most of it in the toilet, thank goodness. After the puke session, he felt much better, ate something, then slept like a log. Today he skipped out the door to the bus like nothing ever happened. Leigh is a little sniffly, but went to swimming lessons and looks good. Here's hoping she goes back to school tomorrow.

Right now, I am stuck here waiting for the dairy compost to be delivered. Once that gets here, I'll have my work cut out for me for awhile - it will be great exercise! Susan you are going to love having one of those garden plots. We had one when we lived in the duplex. The soil is really good and we had good harvests. I would take James down there in his stroller and we would water the plants, then pick the ripe stuff, pull weeds. He was about 18 months old and that was his idea of the best time. He liked to run around all the other gardens and try to find the bunny. There used to be one that lived there and we would catch a glimpse now and again- just enough to get James really excited. As you can tell, I really enjoyed it...I would have it still, but our yard is rather large and we can garden here...can't keep up with both.

Ok - time to go
Ciao
K

Old 05-09-2006, 04:58 PM   #59  
kitty Momo

Michelle I meant to ask earlier how your grandmother was doing?

Hi Katy You and your dairy compost You make me so jealous, I want to work outside! I am glad the kids are feeling better. to James for making the loo!! Gaby just spits all over and says sorry.....lol
I love my pickled beets! Today though I put them in the fridge and they got cold. I don't like cold beets I had to suck on them and get them warm. haha. One resident made me some yummy Columbian coffee - way strong. I will probably be up all night now!

Sounds like you are eating way healthy today Katy! Good for you I look forward to my garden plot- hope it is soon.

k- think I will run around the block, I am hyper!! lol
Old 05-09-2006, 05:54 PM   #60  
kitty Momo

Ok, I am bacccck. I made it 3 times around the block. Still hyper on that coffee though. Should never have coffee in the afternoon! One more hour and I get to go get Gaby and go to my parenting class.
Chat later!
Closed Thread