Old 04-11-2006, 04:27 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 335/305/150ish

HI Wide
I know how you feel about kindergarden and your son, My youngest is 13 and i really really miss the baby stage, toddler stage
I have 3 boys and they are getting big, and that makes me sad. Some where between now and when they were baboes i did the fatal error and blinked and they grew

enjoy your son, he will get big fast!!!! life goes way too fast
sandi
Sandi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:11 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hi Sandi! Yes, they do grow up fast! Ryan is already 38 inches high! Pretty tall for a 2 year old! I think he will be the tallest in his class when he does go to school!
I am a SAHM and chose to be broke all the time just so I can have this precious time with Ryan! And I must say that he is pretty smart too! How many 2 year olds can count to 15, say ABC's and know all their colors!! he can spell his name too! He's pretty smart!! And I'm so proud!!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 335/305/150ish

and you should be proud! I stayed home with my guys too,
and even luckier when my husband died to be home with them. What ever money I might have made, vacations, clothes all the things we could have had, I feel it was worth struggling and doing without to be home with them.
Sometimes I wonder if they feel the same way, after all they are the ones who didnt have the cable tv (we dont even have a tv) the cell phones, etc etc)
Hugs to you and Ryan
sandi
Sandi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:59 PM   #19  

just saying hello

going home today. awwww i so miss my doggies. but when i get them back i'll probably be like i need my peace again!!!
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:36 AM   #20  

Hi Sweet Pea! Glad you are keeping in touch! Any decisions yet?? I'm sure the pups are fine, you'll want to ship them back if they pee on the carpet again haha!!!

Yes, nothing better than being the person to raise your own child! Everyone says another year and he'll be in nursury school and I'm saying no way! He stays with me till kindergarden! Then we both go back to school,I will be getting my teachers aid certificate and hope to work at the school he will be attending.That way I can still be home when he is, like for vacations,etc. His father is a deadbeat dad so there is absolutly no relying on him!

Anyway, off to bed, I have to be up early to workout tomorrow!
Take care, chat soon!
Wendy
Old 04-12-2006, 03:10 AM   #21  

I'M HOME!!!!

i overdid things last night and paid today. i threw up on the way home my tummy was too acidic from stress and dessert and having a cocktail. i haven't had alcohol for a while, think it was too much for my system. esp coupled with a big meal and a rich chocolate dessert. live and learn huh?

sinus headache still bothering me. does anyone know how long it should take for the antibiotics to kick in? it's been 9 days so far on the pills

i love having my doggies home. or at least i did until saffie started barking. that girl just barks far too much and i've done everything that the books recommend. i guess she's making her pitch for me to move us all to the country???

i'm tired after all the travelling. i feel strange being back at the house as i've left it mentally so being here physically is odd. i think i'll settle tho in a couple of days. haven't heard anythign yet from the buyers. not sure how that is going!!! hope they haven't had cold feet

had a really nice salad for lunch but i am not sure if i will have dinner due to the acid tum. might be better to give it a rest.

i did quite a lot of walking when i was on holiday today i am taking it quiet. might have a nice hot bath

i have lots to think about after my trip away. it has really given me some new things to think about so that's good!

wendy i just looked at your ticker. my goodness!!! i didn't realise you'd lost so much weight. your starting weight is less than i am now so i am a bit envious haha. i do need to attack the weight. lately i've not liked what i've seen in the mirror (silly me for looking!)

decisions, nope not yet. except that i think long term i would like to go back to auckland to live. at this stage tho i think it is too big a change for me. and i am going to go man hunting just as soon as this sinus headache disappears. i kept meeting people who wanted to hug me. even the lady in the cafe i went to at lunch time was hugging me. made me realise i miss all those hugs. of course a man isn't the only way to get hugs but i haven't been involved with a man for about 6 yrs. holy crap that's a long time
Old 04-12-2006, 06:10 AM   #22  

Hey ladies,

Have been mia for a bit - sorry. We've had some probs here at work with the email/internet and I've also had work to do so I've been earning my salary for a change!

Wendy - my mom was home with my brother and I for most of childhood, she only went to work when we started primary school. Unfortunately that is not really an option for most mothers in this country. One of my collegues is preggy and she is going to try to get four months off before she comes back. We don't get any aid from the government, so unless the daddy earns a lot, work is a must.

Sweet - your sinus should almost be better as it takes the antibiotics about 2 days to start working, so maybe it isn't sinus? I know the feeling about a man! I'm living with my mom so the chances of getting one is still a bit of a pipe dream at the moment! Hopefully she moves on soon so that I can get a life as well! I've registered on an internet dating site, but it does creep me out a little! I think I'm now on about 5 yrs (if a one night stand counts?)

My diet has stalled this week so I've decided to just chill and start again next week. That gives me about 10 days before I go away!

Mwah
megsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 06:48 AM   #23  

oh no meg - you had to work lol!!!

i didn't understand the part about your mom moving on soon??? does that mean you will have the house to yourself? i think most moms are delighted when their daughters date. they get all excited about weddings and grandkids. i know my mother does. but i'm a bit older than you i think. i'll be 40 this yr and i've been single for nearly 15 yrs unless you count a relnshp of 5 mths and some one sided relnshps where i was love sick over guys that really weren't interested in anything serious.

i did try the net dating ages ago but i wouldn't do it again. it doesn't appeal to my sense of romance i want to meet a guy and have all that chemistry and excitement. the net is just too detached for me. but i will have to do something soon as i am lonely and coming up to my big 40 i think i will regret not having got out more and done things and tried to date, if that makes sense

sinus - really? so quick with antibiotics. he told me i had to take the full course of 3 weeks so i thought maybe it took a week to take effect. i have no idea what i have wrong except i have had a headache for nearly 3 months and there are no other symptoms so it's unlikely to be a tumour or anything nasty like that. i've stopped my meds ages ago so it can't be a side effect or withdrawal. seems like sinus is the only thing it can be. poss lack of sleepbut truth is i often have poor sleep but not continuous headaches like this. if it doesn't feel better soon i should go back to the doc i guess. it's not a severe headache but it is there all the time and it's wearing me down
Old 04-12-2006, 08:49 AM   #24  

Sweet - is it not maybe high blood pressure? I had one of those headaches a few days ago and it pervasive and nothing helps. As for my mom, well, she knows that she's not getting any more grandkids from me - I'm NOT a kiddie person. Anyway, she already had 8 (from my half-brothers and sister). I really don't want my mom knowing all the ins and outs of my relationships. We're now in a flat and I'm really looking forward to the day when it's mine alone. I've lived on my own for a long time and miss the solitude. I'm 33 and actually fairly happy on my own, but a sex life would also be nice! Things may look up if and when I can finally get my drivers' license. Am now reading and eating some lovelly cherry liquer choccies. The diet starts again on Friday!
Old 04-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #25  

ah yes, being alone does suck sometimes! I am at the point where I just want a man to come and treat me and my son EXTREAMLY well and then GO HOME at the end of the day!! LOL! After living on my own for a year and a half I find that I'm very set in my ways! Ryan and I have a set schedule and I really don't want interferance! Does that sound weird to any of you??
I guess after being with a crack addict for 9 years,I have higher standards! There is a list a mile long on things I want from a man, some I can give leeway, others are a nessesity!
Anyway, I've gotta run! Take care,chat soon,
Wendy
Old 04-12-2006, 06:03 PM   #26  

Cool news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide in Winnipeg
Hi Sweet Pea! Glad you are keeping in touch! Any decisions yet?? I'm sure the pups are fine, you'll want to ship them back if they pee on the carpet again haha!!!

wendy have you ever considered a job on the psychic friends hotline Saffie is at it again this morning barking her head off. I’ve followed all the instructions in the books on what to do for barking dogs and they haven’t worked. In a way that surprises me saffie has been a good and easy dog to train in other ways. Oh no that’s a lie. House training was horrid and this morning a puddle. I’m thinking it’s her handywork but short of dna testing it how do I know?

meg - nope my blood pressure is fine!

I still have an acid tum this morning so am having aloe juice it should settle down quick. The headache is still there I wonder if it’s viral rather than sinus. That would explain why the antibiotics aren’t working?

I have NO IDEA what I want. Country and town both have lots to offer hmmmm so i guess no decision until i know

i want companionship i think. actually wendy's idea of a guy who will come for a day and then go home would be good. certainly don't want any dirty sox lying about the place! i want a guy to take me out to a nice restaurant and treat me like a queen and be a sounding board for my problems and decisions and give me cuddles and then go home. something like that lol

9 yrs with a crack addict. yup that would certainly affect your thinking. me i have been alone so long i don't know if i can change. i can't even have flatmates and i get irritable if people stay more than a couple of nights as i don't like having people around all the time! i want the best of both worlds. maybe it will be possible
Old 04-13-2006, 01:38 AM   #27  

I hate those unexpected puccles on the floor! Yuck! I just know about dogs! Living beside a kennel for 25 years will make you an expert on stupid dog things!LOL! Has Saffie always been a barker?? My pups were barkers until about a year ago,then all of a sudden they just stopped barking at everything! I don't get it!?They are old girls now and I like to think they have learned instead of them going deaf!! LOL!! They're not deaf though because I could rattle a chip bag from 50 feet and they will come running!Crazy pups!
Nite,
W.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:59 AM   #28  

The thing I miss most is not having someone to share the bed with! Otherwise, I agree with both - I want someone there when I want them and otherwise they must just disappear!

Sweet - my mom was saying last night, that it might take a while for the antibiotic to get through to the sinus', so just hang in there and make sure that you're eating live yoghurt so that you don't get sick from some other bug! As for the barking dog, well... a cousin of mine had a gadget that fits on the collar of the dog and gives them a shock when they bark! Not sure about the cruelty aspect of it, but it worked for that yappy little dog. I hate barking dogs, when we were still in the house, the next door dog would just keep at it, until you went and opened the door and yelled at it! The owners didn't seem to hear it!

Hope you all have a nice easter, my diet re-starts tomorrow as I've still got 7 cherry liquor choccies to eat today! May check in over the weekend to see how you're all doing.

Mwah
Old 04-13-2006, 04:01 AM   #29  

hi all
you might have a point about the collar. i would have to be careful though because dogs should bark to protect their property. well i think so but she goes overboard. has done for her whole life. i got her at 6 mo and she's now 4 yo

She barks at any person or car that comes onto or goes past the property. She’s got slightly better with the neighbours cars she seems to know them now but any strangers are a problem. Partly I guess it’s her job but now I live in town after being in the country and there are always people walking past the gate so it can get pretty monotonous. Sometimes she ignores them during the day but at night she barks at everyone. Some of the stuff she barks at is wrong – e.g. she always barks at the kids going past on skateboards but otherwise it seems she is overprotective?

I’m not sure tho if I should be punishing her for barking when people walk by the gate??? I’m not sure if that is no specific reason. also this girl came from the pound and she tends to be problematic if punished. She pees inside and starts cowering all the time. sometimes I have to growl at the puppy and I’ll turn around and the other girl will be lying on the ground looking terrified even tho I am not talking to her and she has done nothing wrong!!! The bad part tho is the puppy is learning to bark too. so if I don’t find a workable solution soon I will have 2 very loud barking dogs and a lot of cross neighbours

meg - thanks for the info on the sinus. i tried talking to the doc but she left a message with the nurse to keep taking them and didn't say how long it should take.

yes wendy - dogs can see and hear and smell food at amazing distances hehe. what sort of dogs do you have
Old 04-13-2006, 07:02 AM   #30  

i heard from the buyers and they are still thinking about the house so that's better than a no!

pretty tired so off to bed now. just going to take the dogs out to make sure they both go to the toilet before bed. nite all