Old 03-26-2006, 11:05 PM   #76  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

oh melissa, i am sorry about kate and the strip club job. don't let her make you feel like you ought to be happy about it if you aren't. my best friend used to strip and it is a terrible envirnoment. the strippers are almost all on drugs, and even if they aren't, it's very drug friendly. also, the waitresses usually are just dancers that also serve food and drinks. hopefully she will find another job.
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:44 PM   #77  

No I am definately not happy about it at all. I guess besides praying I can hope she loses this job like she has all her others. She doesn't have a very good work record for keeping jobs. She says that is all she does is serve food and drinks but it is definately not the environment she should be in. I am going to need to take Odessa to the library. She is going on and on about books in the library and she is also asking where our treehouse is lol.
melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:07 PM   #78  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

Melissa- type in Treehouses on yahoo search and you get lots of pics of them.
I am sorry kate is working where she is- i hope she can get out of that lifestyle- i just don't understand sometimes- we raise our kids to be a certain way and then KABAM- they do something totally so out of the world that you would never expect your child to EVER do and it's so mind boggling that you are in shock- ok- i am talking about me & my oldest but i think you understand the picture. I mean we work our butts off & give up stuff and make sure they are raised with the knowledge of right and wrong and then we stress and binge when they do something totally STUPID! i have no idea how you deal with it along with everything else you have to put up with.
I am trying to eat better but all i want to do in eat- and pick and nibble and eat and eat more and i am not even hungry
i did get to order bookcases so that will help get me outa boxes
i feel as if all i ever do is whine and fuss.
i will say i am loving the DSL and my FIl won't let me do any housework (yet)
well off to get kids from school - got to go to goodwill and look for a beret for jocie
talk at ya'll later
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:04 AM   #79  
mmmm.. ice cream

yay! i am so excited! my sister is coming to visit me in a month she is coming out here to see a big concert, but since it's only an hour and a half from me, she is going to stay and visit for two weeks. woohoo!
i have been pigging out the past few days. i don't know why. i am eating low-cal things mostly, but i am constantly eating. and i have been craving something sweet after every meal. like right this minute, there is some healthy choice ice cream that is burning a hole in my freezer.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:17 AM   #80  

Sherbet and ice pops are filling my need for sweets. I'm thinking of buying a cuisinart ice cream and sherbet machine. You don't need rock salt. Just put the container in the freezer for 8 hours and then mix the ingreds. We have an anniversary coming up and I think that might be a good present.
I'm also loving yogurt and fruit blended with a teaspoon of real sugar. I don't mush it with the hand processor too much so it can be eaten with a spoon and it's very satisfying.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 12:58 PM   #81  
I hate my scale

Laura - that sounds like such a great gift- you can make lo-cal and fresh -no preservative type foods. sounds yummy!one thing i have made was to take fresh fruit and dip it in regular plain or flavored yoghurt and freeze it for a few hours - it was such a refreshing treat - i'd dip bananas in strawberry , strawberries in blueberry flavor and grapes in vanilla. i'd put the pieces of fruit in an ice cube tray and then pour the yoghurt on top of the fruit and freeze. very, very good.
candice- YAY! on the sister coming to visit- you will have lots of fun!

I am in day 2 of my "binge" behavior -I am eating good foods - just eating all the time- except at home cause i don't want anyone to see me do this
i have eaten all my grapes i had measured out for the week , all my cereal packs and who needs to eat 3 bananas in a day? problem i am having is that at my old house i could package everything and take on a daily basis - now i have to buy my stuff on mondays and keep here in my office fridge. so here it is and i have to just swivel my chair two little inches to get at the food and all day long i eat. I am putting back on all my weight and don't care.
well yeah i do care but it's easier to say about it all.
I did call the insurance company about a bill and after going over our plan I found out i have good benefits to see a shrink. maybe i should??then i will feel weird?? i try and talk to friends and they just don't get it- all i hear is well just stop eating- and hubby says he doesn't understand but is freaked out cause when i went to the dr's last week , doc said i'd be on insulin unless i dropped 20-25 pounds by the next visit in 3 months. so he just says stop eating - ARRGH!
my bookcases were just delivered! YAY! now i will feel better and get out of BOXES - for books and "dust collectors"
ok i am going to do it - i am going to call a shrink- can't hurt and if i think he's a quack i'll not go back- our copay is only 10.00 so it's not like i am wasting lots of money. and if he says to me just stop eating i will kick him in the ankle (well not really - but i'll think about it really hard.)

Sandi
Old 03-28-2006, 08:50 PM   #82  
I hate my scale

Double Post
well i did it- i called one of the docs on the list and have an appt. in two weeks. until then i am to food journal and if i am going to binge to try and binge on healthy foods. too many bananas does not raise ones cholestrol - if i can just stay away from fast food places i will be ok. and i will cross my heart not eat at mcd's or wendy's or any place else that has FAST associated with eating.

i am going to borrow Lauras idea and buy some fruit ice pops- that may kill a craving or two.

ok ladies at me cause i really need motivation to make it thru the next couple weeks.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:12 PM   #83  

Hey sandi don't feel bad about calling a shrink. I miss mine-since medicaid no longer considers autism a mental health issue, I don't go anymore. Of course for her it was mostly ways to deal with joshua but I told her I could only talk about him so much and since I had her for 50 min she was gonna hear it all. She was a good cookie and listened to me. One house looks promising. I haven't seen it yet but my parents put their stamp of approval on it and went and took a peak at it so I trust their judgement. Getting very sparce in here and I just want to move and get it over with.
melissa
Old 03-29-2006, 04:40 PM   #84  

Sandi- I am also thinking about a shrink. I have been googling all the names in my insurance co book to see if any of them practice lala kind of stuff. I am anxious all the time. I am not binging at all, just filled with anxiety over youngest son who is falling apart. His wife left. He hardly works, has no money and just waits for her to come back, which I don't think she will ever do. He was horrid to her and now feels all hurt and guilty and is mad that she left. I worry all day that he will do something crazy and get arrested as he has done in the past. It's always minor things,but who knows what can happen. So I am a wreck. I can't fix him. I just worry to the point of paralyasis and I have to do something about it. It's gorgeous out, the garden needs cleaning and I have zero energy. I have a work project that is 2 weeks late, but nonone has noticed. I hate my hair, my body, my dog for shedding and dh for not noticing that I am miserable. Otherwise everything is fine. so I think I need a shrink for sure.
Laura
Old 03-29-2006, 04:43 PM   #85  
I hate my scale

Amen Melissa- it's like i can't wait to be done with the old place- hubby keeps dragging it out- we got inspected and that went well but he still has all this crappy paint on the back patio and it has been like Get it outa here 3 months ago-i am so tired of it all- at least he put one of my cases together last night and will get the other one done tonight - i may get used to living here- MAY is the key word- i am still ready to chuck it all and run to vegas at times but i am hoping it gets better-
i hope the place is ok for you Melissa and you can move in ASAP so you can enjoy the easter holiday and chill out and get back to normal.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:50 AM   #86  
mmmm.. ice cream

yay!!! big time nsv today! this annoying guy at work who loves to sample out pastries was really pressuring me to eat some of the cupcake he was cutting up. i said no, then no again, and he still wouldn't let up! finally, i was all like "i don't want any! you're being rude!" then he told me i was just "afraid to eat." whatever! what a jerk. but i didn't eat a bite of that danged cupcake, and those are my favorite pastry too.
laura, i am sorry you have been going through all of this drama with your son. hopefully it will get better soon, and you will stop feeling this anxiety. i think it must be hard to not agonize over wayward adult children. my mom says she freaks out even if i tell her i am driving to visit friends two hours away. sheesh. but i am sure i will be the same one day, since i am already all anxious (usually over nothing )
Old 03-30-2006, 04:55 PM   #87  

Good for you for telling that guy off-it is rude to push anything on a person after they have already said no-don't care what it is.

Well I had my daughter on my front porch before 9a this morning with nowhere to go-she is still sleeping and totally messing up my day. I have gotten a few things done but not what I want to do. Her drip is supposed to be being released soon and apparently he is collecting unemployment so they can get a studio when he gets out-I will probably see less of her after he is out which is fine. I am not telling her where I move to and michelle said no problem at all and understands why. She will just have to meet me once a week at mcdonalds and see him there as long as david isn't in tow-visit will be over then. Just tired of her messing things up!
melissa
Old 03-31-2006, 09:40 AM   #88  
I hate my scale

candice: in the mood i am in this week- i would have said to the guy"are you always this stupid or are you practicing on me?"
Laura- i do understand - i am in such a mood- i am behind on things and i just want to sleep all day in a dark room and have everyone leave me alone
i just don't understand what happens when our kids get to be a certain age? I have seen friends go thru heck with their adult kids and i always thought my oldest is so sweet- she'll make good choices..etc.. i won't have any problems.. well her teen years were great- she hit 20 and all common sense went out the window. She bowed to peer pressure and did something we never thought she'd ever imagine doing and them imagine her dad going into work and having his co workers tell him about it-I mean he works for the second largest employer in town, it was bike week and she thought we wouldn't find out??? he still is so hurt and upset. I just hope she will get it together soon and not waste her life.
Melissa- :hugs: to you i so hope too that Kate will get it together- and to you for protecting those kids from the Stupid BF- i just got a phone call from my oldest and her best friend called her to say that the Best friends niece(5 years old ) was shot in the head along with her dad and mom yesterday over drugs . they were killed by a roommate - the mom is in critical condition and may not make it-
Warning ahead-what is up with these people?? I mean the roommate got ticked cause they called him names and everyone was doing drugs so he shoots a five year old in the head?? I so hope he doesn't get the death penelty but gets a nice 1 bed cell with a large cellmate named Bubba . and what was up with the parents?? i feel bad that the dad is dead but angry too as he caused his childs death. and if the mom lives then she has to deal with the fact she murdered her child by her stupidity. I know people get hooked and make mistakes but when you have kids get HELP. ok off my
I think i am over my 4 days of binging- last night i was soo sick from stuffing food but i needed to put something in my tummy - hubby was so sweet and went and got me a milk shake made from Sugar free ice cream. i have no desire to eat today and had a banana this a.m. and will have a salad for lunch. i am glad it seems to be under control for now. Tomorrow is a new month and i hope i will be more in control.
sandi
Old 03-31-2006, 10:18 AM   #89  

Tomorrow is a new month and a good time to start fresh.
Grown up kids are so much worse than little one. Their problems are bigger and our influence is less, so for me, i am left with anxiety. My daughter, who I thought was my most stable, called yeaterday to say her long term relationship is ending. She will have a hard time, but her head is on straight and she will make the right choices. I am sad for her, but not anxious. I wish 2 of her brothers had some of her sense.
Sandi- I hope you feel better. Moving is always hard and moving in with his family is really hard. I understand your depression. You will feel better when you get moving and back on track. Easy for me to say, I know, so much harder to do. I will be thinking of you.
Laura
Old 03-31-2006, 09:13 PM   #90  

Ok my daughter is driving me insane and no matter what I say, she isn't listening. I am so not telling her where I move to and her visits will have to be at the cps office after I am moved. I am done done done-stick a fork in me I am done! Now another day of not being able to do what I need to do cause she is in the way and has crap all over the place but boy she is at the dinner table when soup is on. Makes me wonder how I got this when this is not what I taught her nor do I behave in this manner. She is off visiting loser bf again. Amazing how she can be on time to go see him but late for everything else. I am just hoping after I get my housing voucher, I can get that place that looked so promising. I just want out out out. I need to get my life back. I really feel out of control and stressed out and Josh is on vacation next week too. Sorry I gave a poopy post.
melissa